• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #2 |Washington University| Grab me right in the Ken Bone

Who won?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PKrockin

I'm super happy that Van called Jeffery Lord out for trying to continue the bullshit of minimizing sexual assault "because lol fuck ISIS". For gods sake yes, everyone agrees that ISIS is bad and does bad things. But that doesn't mean we should shrug off and ignore claims or evidence of sexual assault by a presidential candidate.

I am just so mind boggled by the GOP and their line of thinking that ISIS is basically the only problem we have.
If you want to see Van Jones utterly nuking Jeffrey Lord from orbit, check out this video on the panel discussing the Judge Curiel fiasco. I've watched it three times, it's amazing.

I was busy and missed this tonight. Anybody got a quick couple line summary of how this went tonight? And parts I just have to know about or was it a fairly normal event?
I'm probably going to watch a recording later this week but I wanted to get a quick spoiler.

Did Trump implode or did he manage to keep it together? I'm wondering how he took the pressure of the last couple days.

t5xQLztl.jpg

El-Suave

I must say I'm incredibly disappointed that Clinton played the Russian card when it came to the Wikileaks speech transcripts. Her VP candidate did the same earlyer today so it obviously is the campaign's stance but I expected her to be a better person. I'm not American so it doesn't matter anyway but that shattered much of the respect she had built up with me since the convention.

Makonero

I must say I'm incredibly disappointed that Clinton played the Russian card when it came to the Wikileaks speech transcripts. Her VP candidate did the same earlyer today so it obviously is the campaign's stance but I expected her to be a better person. I'm not American so it doesn't matter anyway but that shattered much of the respect she had built up with me since the convention.

Why? The FBI has definitively linked the leaks to Russian hackers and it's been shown that they were doctored, even if the gist of what was leaked was accurate.

It is my opinion that, outside of the foreign policy questions, the questions were beyond terrible! Several questions had me face palming beyond recognition!

RootCause

I don't understand how you can be undecided at this point, I know what both of them stand for, I don't need more time or debates for this.

What's wrong with stating the truth?

adj_noun

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahburto...ntial-debate?utm_term=.hdOaQQmlrY#.eu0BVV5A9x

We're actually all f*cked... the poll must have been hacked right?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/second-presidential-debate-election-2016/

Big Surprise: Trump Won Instant Junk Polls About Who Won The Debate

As Harry said, the instant online opt-in junk polls — call them troll polls, faux polls, clickers, or your favorite term for them — should be ignored as indicators of who really won. And after Trump touted his win in these junk polls after the first debate, and was widely ridiculed for it, he didn’t cite the junk polls that showed Pence beating Kaine in the vice-presidential debate. Nonetheless, Trump supporters appear to still be flooding these things. Trump’s getting 77 percent in a Heavy.com junk poll asking who won tonight’s debate, an identical 77 percent in Fox 5 San Diego’s and 90 percent in Drudge Report’s

Toxi

Banned
Why? All evidence points to Russia doing recent political hacks.

Red

It was a weak moment for her. She did a better job than Trump at answering questions, but that tangent didn't play well.

It's no secret at this point Russia is attempting to influence our election. Why is it a negative for Clinton to state this plainly?

Edit: What these guys said.

Why? All evidence points to Russia doing recent political hacks.

What's wrong with stating the truth?

Why? The FBI has definitively linked the leaks to Russian hackers and it's been shown that they were doctored, even if the gist of what was leaked was accurate.

You know, I love that movie, but wasn't what Lincoln did (offering jobs to people if they voted his way) eventually made illegal? Kinda hard to admire that particular part of the wheeling and dealing.

Yep. It was funny Obama actually addressed this in an interview recently how hard it is to get deals done when you have to lean on people's morals to get bills passed when you don't have anything to give them. The Lincoln movie was also inaccurate in how that fight went .

VariantX

Corey just hates to allow anyone to respond to anything. He can't stop himself from interrupting and allowing a conversation to actually happen.

Wikileaks is now an arm of Russian intelligence. Clinton did nothing but state a fact.

El-Suave

Then defend those positions or say you changed your stance, but saying "we don't know for sure if I said that in my speech", is dumb from the person who held the speech.

Then defend those positions or say you changed your stance, but saying "we don't know for sure if I said that in my speech", is dumb from the person who held the speech.

She never said that. She tried (terribly) defending the private/public position thing, but then moved to say we should be worried about Russia trying to influence our election which we should

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The threat to jail his political opponent is one of the darkest, lowest moments in this entire election so far. A little dictator in the making for sure. What an absolute creep.

You misunderstand what she said there. She said that as a broad statement towards information from leaks, not towards her Wall Street speech. She explained the specific question about her Wall Street speech, and if you actually read the section they are referencing, what she said made perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom