• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 |OT| The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

rvy

Banned
New DP and patch were made available today on XBL. Tomorrow on PSN.

Impressive, to say the least. Bunch of new animations for passing, much more space for dribbling, dribbling with the analog stick is actually very responsive.

rvy

Banned
I didn't see my steam files update yet. Though, now that I think about it, I am not sure if the updates are from within the game or via Steam. Will have to check tonight.

I really don't think the patch is available for PC though. Maybe in the future, but not right now. PC support has been shoddy to say the least.

I really don't think the patch is available for PC though. Maybe in the future, but not right now. PC support has been shoddy to say the least.

Yeah, looks like there is nothing for the PC users. WTF? And I understand no World Cup DLC for PC either?

feel

Worth jumping in on Steam yet? I've been holding out until more patches come out.
Still hasn't updated here.

But I assume it will still feel like a sluggish piece of crap with uber input delay like it does every time Konami updates it (on Steam) and I give it a new chance.

I wish the mods out there that fix that worked easily with the steam version, I'm too lazy to do whatever annoying process needs to be done to make them work with this version.

rvy

Banned
According to the latest info the latest patch will not be coming to pc at all.

The JP support page claim they released a PC patch yesterday.

26/03/2014 PATCH FILE DETAILS

The new patch was released on 26/03/2014!!
The new patch features:

■ Fixes for the below issues.
<Master League>
・Outcomes from transfers negotiations which concluded on transfer deadline day were not displayed.

<MLO>
・Sometimes, substitutions made during matches were not displayed.

■ Additional minor fixes and adjustments were also made to improve overall gaming experience.

But it's not available to download for the digital version yet:

http://pes14web.winning-eleven.net/pes14w_pc/patch_deliver/

I don't even know, lol.

Steam updated my game overnight. The current version is 1.07 and data pack is 4.30. I don't recall what they were previously. Is 1.07 the version that has the gameplay improvements? I guess I will find out when I play tonight.

adburns

Steam updated my game overnight. The current version is 1.07 and data pack is 4.30. I don't recall what they were previously. Is 1.07 the version that has the gameplay improvements? I guess I will find out when I play tonight.

1.07 is the last version, it isn't new.

I think the update is the new data pack.

adburns

-_-

wtf is Konami up to.

Fuck knows!

I don't care about an overdue data pack I want the bloody patch.

I've been playing the update on PS3 because of PS+ but it looks so bad, I want crisp PC 1080p.

I don't understand why they've delayed the pc patch. Surely all versions are derived from the PC version?

Snowballo

I've recently tried the demo of Winning Eleven 2014: Aoki Samurai No Chousen and as Fifa player, I've to say that this version seems great. You can download it from JAP PSN.

attachment.php

Anyway, I've a question.

Are PES 2014 and Winning Eleven 2014 (both release last year) the exact same game? Or there are minor differences like what happened on PSX ages ago between a PES and Winning Eleven game?

Thanks for your answer.

rvy

Banned
Patch 1.13 released for PC + Data Pack 6 confirmed for May 22
Posted at 4:21 pm | Friday, 9 May 2014

Konami have released the latest patch for the PC version of PES 2014. Download it here.

The new update (Patch 1.13 for DVD version, 1.09 for Download version) improves Data Pack compatibility, and also fixes Online freezing issues which sometimes occurred for users who had installed last month's 1.12 update.

Interestingly, the release notes also state that a new DLC release, Data Pack 6, will be available in just under two weeks' time.

What DP6 will bring exactly, we're not quite sure yet. However, a safe bet would be to expect updates for all three South American leagues (Argentina, Brazil and Chile), the Copa Libertadores and possibly the AFC Champions League as well. As soon as we get official confirmation, we'll let you know.

See the 1.13 changelog below:

General
- Preparatory updates made to make the game compatible with Data Pack 6.0 (Released also on 22/05/2014).

Fixes
- Freezing as experienced by some customers in Online Mode just before a match starts.

- Other adjustments and changes have also been made to improve overall gaming experience

rvy

Banned
Just saw that my Steam version updated, time to boot it up and be inevitably disappointed again.

Ha ha. True enough.

I tried the PSN version the other day, I was blown away by how bad it was. At least on 360 the game is playable.

East Lake

Maybe a hard question to be specific about but is there a lot of variation in the shots? One thing I noticed in the 2014 demo when I played it is that the path of the ball was a little too predictable when you'd take a shot with lets say "similar conditions" Power, angle, aim etc... And that the ball always seemed to curve downward or dip and the end of a long shot. Maybe I'm misremembering but it's always something that bothered me in games like this and I don't feel like spending $$$ to figure it out lol.

GAF, tell me is PES14 on PC worth a punt at present?

I'm looking for a good game of soccer on my gaming laptop. I've had the feeling that football sims are in a bit of limbo at present, with FIFA relinquishing the crown but PES failing to pick it up.

My last football game was PES5 which I loved dearly. I've never been much of a fan of FIFA's slick approach which always felt like style over substance to me. So I'm leaning towards PES14 despite reading a lot about it being disappointing. I'm wondering if any patches have made it a better proposition these days?

I read before that the fundamental play is actually pretty brilliant, but that the game is a functional mess. I also heard bad things about the master league or whatever has taken its place, and that's a pretty major component for me. I enjoyed playing matches in PES5, but I LOVED competing in a league.

Or should I wait patiently for the next game? And finally is DVD or DL the way to go?

TY!

Dartastic

Alright, just downloaded the PS+ version of the game. Is there a way to make the teams uh, more... official? Is that what the data packs do? This is my first PES game in a loooong time...

I hear patch 1.13 for the PC is out. Any big improvements? Will try it out tonight.

GAF, tell me is PES14 on PC worth a punt at present?

I'm looking for a good game of soccer on my gaming laptop. I've had the feeling that football sims are in a bit of limbo at present, with FIFA relinquishing the crown but PES failing to pick it up.

My last football game was PES5 which I loved dearly. I've never been much of a fan of FIFA's slick approach which always felt like style over substance to me. So I'm leaning towards PES14 despite reading a lot about it being disappointing. I'm wondering if any patches have made it a better proposition these days?

I read before that the fundamental play is actually pretty brilliant, but that the game is a functional mess. I also heard bad things about the master league or whatever has taken its place, and that's a pretty major component for me. I enjoyed playing matches in PES5, but I LOVED competing in a league.

Or should I wait patiently for the next game? And finally is DVD or DL the way to go?

TY!

It is a pretty decent game, give it a shot. I haven't been putting in the hours like I did in PES 5/6 but it is a definite improvement over the last few versions.

It is a pretty decent game, give it a shot. I haven't been putting in the hours like I did in PES 5/6 but it is a definite improvement over the last few versions.
Well alright, thank you. I guess getting it would be better than not!

Any preference for ease of use and patching between DVD & download for PC? Right now it seems I can buy the DVD over Amazon for £11 whereas Steam list the game at £30 ... So I guess DVD is the way to go here?

Thanks again

Well alright, thank you. I guess getting it would be better than not!

Any preference for ease of use and patching between DVD & download for PC? Right now it seems I can buy the DVD over Amazon for £11 whereas Steam list the game at £30 ... So I guess DVD is the way to go here?

Thanks again

I don't know if I would buy it at £30. I bought it for Steam from a link Blaburn had posted for ~$15.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=737476

Even if you buy a DVD, updates should be easy enough. Usually the latest update comes as an exe that contains all the previous changes as well.

Curufinwe

Alright, just downloaded the PS+ version of the game. Is there a way to make the teams uh, more... official? Is that what the data packs do? This is my first PES game in a loooong time...

After waiting three hours for all the data updates to download and install, I'm now copying over all 682 items of the PS3 (BLUS) Option File.

http://paul2478pesoptionfiles.blogspot.com.au/p/pes-2014-of-download-links.html

Thank god Sony let you copy multiple items at once. My last PES was 2010 and back then you had to copy each item indiviudally.

hort22

world cup got me interested in a soccer game...not throwing any money at ea, so after patches how does pes play? worth $19.99?

also whats the deal with pes 13? used copies are going for double 2014.

Top Bottom