• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 |OT| The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
You have to manually add a second player in every match. Start -> Choose sides.

Yeah, it's really stupid that you have to do it every single match, but that's how it is for some reason. I believe it's been like that since the PS1 days.

Yes I remember it from the PS2 days (not sure I used to play co-op back on WE1/4FE on PS1 or if just versus) but are you positive it's possible to do that outside of the Master League?
I wasn't able to do that on the Cup competitions or even leagues, it seems I'm stuck with two gamepads with the same profile name instead of one profile having my "cursor" name and the other having my mate's.
Should I choose 1 player or 2 players at the start of the competition?

Thanks man, I really appreciate you helping me out

Jubern

I'm also very interested by this discussion. We tried to play a cup once with a friend and couldn't find how to add a second player. The Choose Sides option is greyed out when we try this.

Choosing two players at the start of a competition actually makes you enter two teams, so it's not the same :(

You choose 1 user at the start of the competition, and then when you're in the match you can choose sides and move the second controller to your team. I'm doing it all the time, so it definitely works.

rvy

Banned
capture.jpg

capture.jpg

Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti 45 m

For now it seems we are really close, but I refrain from a date until I know 100%. To confirm, the DLC & Patch combined will be 1.3GB(!).

That's a... pretty big fucking patch.

Vazduh

A game that has a lifespan of about 365 days, it's absurd that you have to wait 2 months for an roster update (and also a proper gameplay patch that should make game playable).

Dash Kappei

You choose 1 user at the start of the competition, and then when you're in the match you can choose sides and move the second controller to your team. I'm doing it all the time, so it definitely works.

You sir are my Moratti, you're my Esteban and my Javier all rolled into one football god! :p

Huh, indeed it works.

I'm not sure how both me and my friend were able to miss that >_>

Thank you!

Ahah, indeed, we definitely tried it before but it's obvious now we were missing something in the process.

I didn't feel like playing the game till my club's fate was sorted, so today I say welcome to our dear family to Eric Thohir, do make me proud little chubby one :)
Patch seems like a godsend, can't wait!

A game that has a lifespan of about 365 days, it's absurd that you have to wait 2 months for an roster update (and also a proper gameplay patch that should make game playable).

I agree with you on gameplay fixes (and also the players' face), but is there even anyone serious about this game still playing it vanilla? Doesn't excuse Konami of course, terrible practice is terrible, just saying you should have taken matters into your own hands like a loong time ago.

Dunno about X360, but PC = PESedit.com and PS3 = MOP, all the way

rvy

Banned
1.02 is now up on PS3. Will check on 360.

15 MB.

Menu screen waaaay faster at loading up.

Screen looks softer. They may have lathered the graphics/smoothed them out

Feels so much better and stable.

Much smoother play.

Ball bounces around aimlessly less. Plus less ping pong deflections.

Keepers catch more.

Keepers more urgency.

Through balls go more where you want the to. ( I use advanced through ball).

Physicality works better.

Responds a lots better.

More fouls.

Shooting feels it has a bit more power.

Passing more accurate.

Quick impressions off WENB.

Edit, up on 360 as well. I'm assuming the Data Pack is coming this week also.

rvy

Banned
Well, people from both PS3 and 360 are already downloading the Data Pack it turns out.
4% here.

Played Juve vs Barca twice, need more time. Responsiveness is certainly much higher, cursor changes seem to be fixed, GKs are improved and shooting has a bit more oomph.
Never had a problem with the passing to begin with, but through balls are different. So is regular passing.

Yes you will.
But the patch is not out yet, afaik they didn't even commit on a date yet?
Dammit
Patch is out here in na on ps3
1.02 is now up on PS3. Will check on 360.

15 MB.

Quick impressions off WENB.

Edit, up on 360 as well. I'm assuming the Data Pack is coming this week also.
Terrific
Yea i played a couple of games, keepers are certainly less erratic now. Dont know why they thought t was okay to have them so terrible but whatever its fixed now

Menu screen waaaay faster at loading up.

Screen looks softer. They may have lathered the graphics/smoothed them out

Feels so much better and stable.

Much smoother play.

Ball bounces around aimlessly less. Plus less ping pong deflections.

Keepers catch more.

Keepers more urgency.

Through balls go more where you want the to. ( I use advanced through ball).

Physicality works better.

Responds a lots better.

More fouls.

Shooting feels it has a bit more power.

Passing more accurate.

Agree with everything above. The game is so much smoother now. And balls in the air are handled much better now.

rvy

Banned
People with OptionFiles and PC patches, some of the modders created faces and so forth so the new Data Pack may cause some issues, There's new preset faces that won't show up or have been replaced with something entirely different because of the edit changes that modders made. Beware of that.

Vazduh

...I agree with you on gameplay fixes (and also the players' face), but is there even anyone serious about this game still playing it vanilla? Doesn't excuse Konami of course, terrible practice is terrible, just saying you should have taken matters into your own hands like a loong time ago.

Dunno about X360, but PC = PESedit.com and PS3 = MOP, all the way

I'm not playing it vanilla (installed pesedit 1.1 when it was released). To be honest, I'm not playing it at all. Last match I played was like a month ago. Will try when they release new patch but I doubt it will make the game much better. Tried FIFA 14 also, but not my cup of tea.

I was considering downloading this patch for PES 6 (since it was last one with enjoyable master league). Anyone tried it? Here's youtube video of this patch in action.

derwalde

I'm not playing it vanilla (installed pesedit 1.1 when it was released). To be honest, I'm not playing it at all. Last match I played was like a month ago. Will try when they release new patch but I doubt it will make the game much better. Tried FIFA 14 also, but not my cup of tea.

I was considering downloading this patch for PES 6 (since it was last one with enjoyable master league). Anyone tried it? Here's youtube video of this patch in action.

i played PES6 with the shollym patch years ago. and yes, its a fricking awesome patch.

Rikkun

Oh god finally, if this patch doesn't fix what I hate about this game I'm gonna have a brand new Sonic game tomorrow.

So excited.

PS: Dash stop insulting people by telling them they're your Moratti pls :p

Pachimari

I were close to trading in the game at GameStop today but now I'm gonna try out this patch.

Do I need to erase the custom OF and such from my PS3 beforehand?

cormack12

Gold Member
Patch 1.02 tested yesterday. Still poor.

The lag on cursor switch is terrible. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if the cursor wasn't so schizophrenic in the first place.

I have it on 'semi-assist', so without the ball it shouldn't auto switch until I hit the switch button. However, this isn't true I'll be running for a loose ball and then all of a sudden the cursor will switch to another player in a completely terrible position and throw me off. Really the biggest issue for me this.

This also happened in PES 2013 until it was patched. Honestly, I'm debating whether to just get FIFA on PS4. At least the experience is stable. Sure, it won't hit the highs of some of the goals and moves you can put together but it certainly doesn't plumb the horrid depths PES does either.

rvy

Banned
Turns out that pressing the back, or select, button when using Player 2 camera in BAL locks the camera to either the ball or your player. Good job at making this obvious, Konami,

Rikkun

Patch 1.02 tested yesterday. Still poor.

The lag on cursor switch is terrible. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if the cursor wasn't so schizophrenic in the first place.

I have it on 'semi-assist', so without the ball it shouldn't auto switch until I hit the switch button. However, this isn't true I'll be running for a loose ball and then all of a sudden the cursor will switch to another player in a completely terrible position and throw me off. Really the biggest issue for me this.

This also happened in PES 2013 until it was patched. Honestly, I'm debating whether to just get FIFA on PS4. At least the experience is stable. Sure, it won't hit the highs of some of the goals and moves you can put together but it certainly doesn't plumb the horrid depths PES does either.

This. Not enough, sorry Konami. Improved technically but still very poor to me. I couldn't build a goal with passes and such starting from the defense. Not one, I think, in a whole month. I'm not a pro, that's for sure, but I never had these problems, and sadly I don't have the time to master the full manual. Traded in today for Wii Party U.

WII PARTY U.

Thanks Konami and EA for taking my football game away from me at November, for the second time in a row.

rvy

Banned
Heathens.

Glorious PES. Libertadores is fucking boring, sorry South America GAF. Not even Tristelme can save me from the boredom that is Libertadores. And Conte can fuck right off for not offering me a contract after my 1st BAL season. Went to Roma instead. Will win the scudetto and make Totti a happy man.

rvy

Banned
There's a trailer for the Data Pack

WTF, lol.

Also, Daymos OF news:

New file to have Full kits and squads for
Premier League
LIGA Zon Sagres
Bundesliga
Sky Bet Championship or
Liga Adelante
Liga MX (Mexico) or MLS (MLS not complete yet)
90% of all National Teams kits
Chants for
British clubs including Celtic
German Clubs
French Clubs

Trying to complete MLS & J League plus add chants for other leagues.

Main Normal file hopefully ready for all this week.

Mod file will work with DP2 and will be avaliable to test for those with my USB.
Will add full wrap kits (like official konami kits)
100s of boots and many new balls
24 tesm Sky Bet Championshop as opposed to 18.
Possible stadium import
Add boards
Custom menu's etc
Infinite emblem slots etc

Cool

Daymos

Evenbillybob

Neo Member
This freaking game. I love it, but I hate it.

I like the game, I really do. But man, what a mess of a game sometimes.
From scoring directly on a freekick because the keeper wanted to stand in the wall, one of my centerbacks deciding to roam the entire pitch in all my matches.. I could go on.
But really, it took them until to November to patch in the summer transfers? Jesus.

But then again, I have scored some great goals, played some fantastic possesion football and sometimes, just in glimpses, felt like I was watching a real match.

Man, this game.

I was stupid enough to buy it on PSN. Every year I sink countless hours into pro evo, and honestly it's starting to get a little bit infuriating that every year it seems you have to re-learn the game. But that's not really my biggest problem here.

I'm trying really hard to understand why player control is as shit as it is, with every player feeling heavy. I wonder why it seems that the game likes to defy the laws of physics, it's not clear when speed is an advantage because there seems to be no sense in how it works in the game. Ronaldo loses to any defender in speed.... unless it's from a through ball and he's left unmarked.

Why can't I change my player by just flicking the right stick? Now I have to press L1+Right stick in the direction I want, and this little bullshit arrow... I don't even wanna get much into it. Essentially manually changing players is dog shit now.

Dribbling is dead basically, because now it's like you are pulling off combos. It's like Konami has made every effort to make the act of controlling these players complex, instead of the build up plays.

Keepers? lol

And the menus are sluggish, even substitutions becomes a pain in the ass to do. I'm fucking pissed I paid 60$ for this bullshit, I was still having tons of fun with 2013.

rvy

Banned

The PES Team have revealed the third Data Pack of the season will be released this month for PES 2014.

Although no exact release date has been confirmed yet, Konami are clearly in a festive mood; announcing a another Data Pack just a day after the arrival of 3 new kit packs.

As well as updating the home kits of the German and Spanish national teams, DP3 should also unlock two new stadiums. Whether Konami has more content lined up for DP3 - such as additional 2014 World Cup strips - is unconfirmed as of this moment.

Eanan

Nice! Looking forward to it.

Am I the only man on Earth still playing this?

Im still playing it. Recently got the 2.0 mod with the new faces on PC.

Loving it now and goalkeepers seem to be a bit better now since the patch. Still some frustrating things happening though.

I also love using live broadcast camera angle with the sweexfx mod; its very realistic.

In my second year of master league on top player level. Jesus its hard at times.

feel

Finally said fuck it and bought this ($15 steam key), have they fixed the input lag on PC by now? It was the reason I stayed away, well that and the unfinished nature of the game + $60 price.

Dash Kappei, what are the must have gameplay mods ?

Finally said fuck it and bought this ($15 steam key), have they fixed the input lag on PC by now? It was the reason I stayed away, well that and the unfinished nature of the game + $60 price.

Dash Kappei, what are the must have gameplay mods ?

I ran into a problem with the PC version because the game crashes when loading my online avatar, I can't even edit my avatar and I can't play it online... :(

feel

Played it a bit earlier (vanilla), it's still an unresponsive piece of shit on PC. Unplayable for me, or at least not enjoyable.

Will look into mods that hopefully remove the button delays. They just updated it to version 1.06 so I probably need to wait a few days for the mod community to update their stuff to be compatible.

Dash Kappei

Played it a bit earlier (vanilla), it's still an unresponsive piece of shit on PC. Unplayable for me, or at least not enjoyable.

Will look into mods that hopefully remove the button delays. They just updated it to version 1.06 so I probably need to wait a few days for the mod community to update their stuff to be compatible.

Not on my PC right now, off the top of my head go for the File Loader mod + yarpatch

Removes all lag, better teammate AI, more responsive gk, makes gameplay faster

Everything can be toggled on/off

I have the pass support set to 1 bar and through ball set to advanced.Why is the through ball in the final third that strong? Any other setting I should change?

rvy

Banned
Here are the 1.06 patch notes:

* The following features have been implemented in response to recent user feedback.
<MATCH>
- More [Camera Settings] are available in the Team Play Lobby in addition to the existing [Vertical] setting.

* The following issues have been fixed.
<MATCH>
- Online match results shown after the final whistle were sometimes displayed as [%d].
- Random player form settings were not correctly applied when playing consecutive matches.

<GAME PLAN>
- Once a team's lineup of substitutions had been edited, saved and then loaded again, changes were sometimes lost.
- Player icons on the pitch would sometimes disappear.

<EDIT>
- Edited player faces changed when the patch file was implemented.

* In addition, we've fine-tuned each mode to improve your overall gaming experience.

WENB impressions mention much better framerate, menus, player awareness and input lag.

Latest PES 2014 Data Pack Content Revealed

KONAMI adds a wealth of classic and third kits, as part of continued quality and content enhancements

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has released details of a wealth of new content for its PES 2014 title.

The February free Data Pack will be available for PlayStation®3,Xbox 360® and PC versions, and adds a wide range of new elements to the game. All transfers made during the 2014 January window will be implemented, while a host of new kits, ball and boot styles have also been added.

As part of KONAMI's continued pledge to refine and bolster its acclaimed simulation?s content, the new download adds a number of new kits to the game. PES 2014 pays tribute to a selection of great classic teams including replica kits of the AC Milan side of 1899, the 1982/83 Roma side, Benfica's all-conquering 1961/62 XI and Manchester United?s treble-winning 1998/99 strip. Contemporary teams have also been updated, with the new French, German and Spanish nationals strip updated, alongside those of AS Roma, FC Porto, Olympiakos and Club Atlético All Boys.

The heritage of South American football is also celebrated with classic strips for Santos FC (1968), Colo-Colo (1992), São Paulo(1993), Boca Juniors (1997), Racing Club Avellaneda (1967) and the 1996 Universidad De Chile side. Third kits for the current Manchester United, Juventus and Inter Milan sides have also been introduced.In total, 13 new kits have been added, and 43 updated.

New boots from the world's leading manufacturers have also been recreated, including Nike's Tiempo V and Hypervenom Phantom styles, Puma?s evoSPEED 1.2s and evoPOWER 1s, and the Predator LZ TRX FGs and F50 adizero TRX from adidas. 16 new boots have been added in total, as have five new ball styles, including the official Final Lisbon ball as seen in the UEFA Champions League knock-out stages, and the adidas argentum, the official ball of the Argentine leagues.

The DataPack will be available soon. A new patch is live today to tweak AI and gameplay elements and add a new camera to the 11 vs 11 mode in response to user feedback.

rvy

Banned
pesfan-news-image-datbfxob.jpg

Last week, we gave some initial details on the new PES2014 Data Pack, along with the recently-released Patch announcement. We can now reveal that the Data Pack will be available to download on February 27th 2014.

The Data Pack will see all transfers made in the January transfer window implemented, meaning you’ll be able to enjoy playing PES2014 with fully up-to-date squads. There are also 43 updated kits, as well as 13 brand new strips in the new update. You’ll be able to play in replica kits of the 1899 AC Milan side, the 1982/83 Roma side, Man United’s 1998/99 strip and more!

And it wouldn’t be a PES data pack update without some new boots too – players will be able to slip on a pair of Nike Tiempo V’s, Puma evoSPEED 1.2&#8242;s, or Predator LX TRX FG’s from adidas, as well as many others.

Are you looking forward to the imminent release of the new Data Pack? Let us know in the comments!

WE+PES+2014+February+27+Data+Pack+boots.jpg

Top Bottom