• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Noi

It's incredibly easy to miss that there are multiple tabs on the item screen and you can press the X button on the menu to go to another page, even on the intermission screen.

Edit: I only got the game over cause I defended thinking it would prevent enough damage to live, cause I didn't have enough to shrug it off and counter. I just didn't expect Defend to /also/ not be enough.

Bladenic

Haha wow that must suck. I found them early, made a few stages quicker (spam a few XP items to use more specials).

I love how Haken speaks so much token English haha. Gemini does too but much less so (which is weird considering she's from Texas).

I wouldn't have gotten any game overs if I didn't forget about requirements and throw a vital pair at the boss as bait.

There are items that increase XP meter? Whut??

Oh, if you forgot about the requirements, you could check that out in the menu.

Yes, supposedly there are 3 tabs. I forgot what the third one was. The first tab was for hp items and the second tab was for the XP items. Its funny that I missed it.

XaosWolf

Just getting started on this, and enjoying it even though I have no idea who a lot of these characters even are.

I'm still getting a kick out of the writing though. Some good humour in there for sure, especially any comments about how flashy people look in the more mundane environments. =P

Can't wait to get a hold of more people I'm familiar with. Mainly my main man Zero. =D

LiK

oh man, didn't check how to do Multi-Attacks until Chapter 20. It's a game changer. Makes the levels shorter too. XD

Just getting started on this, and enjoying it even though I have no idea who a lot of these characters even are.

I'm still getting a kick out of the writing though. Some good humour in there for sure, especially any comments about how flashy people look in the more mundane environments. =P

Can't wait to get a hold of more people I'm familiar with. Mainly my main man Zero. =D

it's gonna take a while.

Videoneon

Oh, if you forgot about the requirements, you could check that out in the menu.

Yes, supposedly there are 3 tabs. I forgot what the third one was. The first tab was for hp items and the second tab was for the XP items. Its funny that I missed it.

The last one is for status ailments, which I only find myself using if a unit's turn is coming up later or after TURN END/resetting of turns.

Not that huge a selection of items for them. I actually didn't know about the XP refill items until about Chapter 8, and from then on I used them pretty often =P

Danj

PxZ comes out in the UK today, mine shipped from Amazon yesterday so should be arriving at work today! *brings 3DS XL to work*

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I should be done before the weekend. I don't want it to end though ;_;

Whoever made up Juri's assist really should be ashamed. This shit is horrible.

I should be done before the weekend. I don't want it to end though ;_;

Whoever made up Juri's assist really should be ashamed. This shit is horrible.

The only thing I don't like about her assist was the way she comes in. I wish she comes in with her pinwheel move instead of her dive kick.

Neki

honestly you should use items liberally, they're not hard to come by. The mochi balls + green herbs + ether s are what I use the most. Mochi balls are especially useful, since you're usually maxed out on those. I also spam status items too, I've never run out either. screw you poison!

I got a game over once since I used my typical 5 attack combo + two assists + super and it didn't kill the boss, she had like 100 hp, then she countered and killed me barely (200 hp differential). I was so angry, that I redid the whole level and won!

bon

I'm still on the prologue chapters, but so far this game rules. The character interactions are perfect.

Sadist

Getting my copy tomorrow, excite!

Anyway, I do get the low scores though. After playing the two demo's it's a fanservice game in a genre that recently received Fire Emblem Awakening.

Kolgar

6.9? Crazy. "Ugly" 3D? Ridiculous.

This game is pure fun, and I love the graphics--remind me of my glorious 16/32-bit days.

Love it!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still don't get why GT could've just give it a 7. What the hell is a difference between a 6.9 & 7.0? I don't understand review scores that use decimals.

Any case, yeah, graphics aren't that great, but you can tell they put a lot of work in the sprites and they still look really good. 3D IS there, it's just the type where it doesn't add too much to the point of being distracting. I can still tell the difference between it on & off. It's minimum, but it's a nice small touch.

L.O.R.D

I still don't get why GT could've just give it a 7. What the hell is a difference between a 6.9 & 7.0? I don't understand review scores that use decimals.

Any case, yeah, graphics aren't that great, but you can tell they put a lot of work in the sprites and they still look really good. 3D IS there, it's just the type where it doesn't add too much to the point of being distracting. I can still tell the difference between it on & off. It's minimum, but it's a nice small touch.

6.9.....didn't you get it ?

antibolo

Banned
I'm having a blast with this game due to the fan service and crazy fighting game tropes, but let's be perfectly honest: the game itself is not that great. It's extremely repetitive and offers almost no challenge, and it is on the same platform as the latest Fire Emblem so the comparisons are inevitable. Those low review scores are entirely justifiable.

I'm having a blast with this game due to the fan service and crazy fighting game tropes, but let's be perfectly honest: the game itself is not that great. It's extremely repetitive and offers almost no challenge, and it is on the same platform as the latest Fire Emblem so the comparisons are inevitable. Those low review scores are entirely justifiable.

I never cared for fire emblem

RMI

Banned
I'm still on the prologue chapters, but so far this game rules. The character interactions are perfect.

me too. This seems like the kind of game that I'll have fun just picking away at once in a while. I really enjoyed seeing Frank West and the Resident Evil characters together.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Dat Chapter 39 stage. Darkstalkers fans will love it. I should be done tonight or tomorrow.

Gartooth

I'm on Chapter 31 right now, I'm wondering are there any more multi-attacks I have to unlock through the story or should I be able to get the rest I don't have by leveling up?

Jintor

seriously..why this low scores ?
i know the graphics in this game is a DS like
but..the game is really fun

after seeing the score again... : 6.9, i think GT did it on purpose

Are you serious? this game has the tactical depth of a sandwich.

don't get me wrong, it's fun as balls, but it's repetitive as all hell, but with positioning not really mattering, low to no unit customisation, and finding yourself doing the exact same thing with every character, it's not exactly a standout in its field

except at being fun as balls, mainly due to the character writing

sprites are gorgeous. 3d effect is pretty good for UI elements.

Considering how easy you can snap Awakening in two on any difficulty setting, I would put the two pretty close in terms of strategy required. PxZ is just much more repetitive about it, whereas Awakening you can press start to skip enemy phase as they all break themselves on your nigh-invincible unit pairing.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Picked this one up for launch this morning, and I've just beaten chapter 3. Feels strange having so few units on the field to begin with after the demos, but your units feel a lot more powerful compared to the enemies which feels even stranger!

Gotta admit, I'm also not that familiar with most of the characters so far (and most of them I recognise from UMvC3) - so I'm looking forward to getting the ToV and VC3 guys (whenever they show up). But so far, I'm having a ball!

Bladenic

Picked this one up for launch this morning, and I've just beaten chapter 3. Feels strange having so few units on the field to begin with after the demos, but your units feel a lot more powerful compared to the enemies which feels even stranger!

Gotta admit, I'm also not that familiar with most of the characters so far (and most of them I recognise from UMvC3) - so I'm looking forward to getting the ToV and VC3 guys (whenever they show up). But so far, I'm having a ball!

Just wait till you get to the demo stage. It is almost completely different.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Well, I guess that'll give me the opportunity to actually think on those stages as opposed to just doing what I normally do!

GeekyDad

Are you serious? this game has the tactical depth of a sandwich.

don't get me wrong, it's fun as balls, but it's repetitive as all hell, but with positioning not really mattering, low to no unit customisation, and finding yourself doing the exact same thing with every character, it's not exactly a standout in its field

except at being fun as balls, mainly due to the character writing

sprites are gorgeous. 3d effect is pretty good for UI elements.

Sounds like a 6.9 to me.

Loona

Game and 3DS adquired, and now registered in Club Nintendo stating that PXZ was the deciding factor, to get my bleep on their radar on how much this was desired.

Sadly, I realized too late that 3DSs don't come with a charger, so I'll have to go hunt for one before everything closes for the day.

Top Bottom