• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

RangerBAD

Well, after 60:58:54 I cleared the game. Chapter 41 was balls to the walls in ways. A lot the pairs got K.O.ed. The game was great. A lot of fun. It had its challenges and it wasn't always easy. Most of the time I didn't have any trouble. No regrets here (never would have them with those cut-ins). I hope everyone else has a lot of fun with it.

Bj46PQ5.gif

The End

Jintor

A chapter a night is a really good way to pace yourself. And since you don't have to worry about following a plot, that's good too!

L.O.R.D

i just reach chapter 11
and OMG
the game is very very long
alot of enemies
now in front of me is alisa and juri and giant black mech robot and something alien that don't talk
my question..i only need to beat one of them to finish the level ?
some levels with more then 1 boss if i beat one, they all run away..any why to defeat them all ?

and..i start to run out of health item ( the item that heal other then the on i control )
how to collect more of it ?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well, after 60:58:54 I cleared the game. Chapter 41 was balls to the walls in ways. A lot the pairs got K.O.ed. The game was great. A lot of fun. It had its challenges and it wasn't always easy. Most of the time I didn't have any trouble. No regrets here (never would have them with those cut-ins). I hope everyone else has a lot of fun with it.

The End

I don't think I'll ever get tired of that gif. <3 Morrigan.

A chapter a night is a really good way to pace yourself. And since you don't have to worry about following a plot, that's good too!

Seriously. This is how I've been pacing myself as well. I play one chapter before sleep, basically. I think it's probably the best way to not burn yourself out.

some levels with more then 1 boss if i beat one, they all run away..any why to defeat them all ?

and..i start to run out of health item ( the item that heal other then the on i control )

You can beat the other bosses or enemies other than the completion requirements to get more EXP for your characters. There are no random battles in this game, so the story battles are the only way to level up.

You can't buy items, but you get a lot of them by killing enemies, picking them up from on the field, or breaking the enemy's guard. I'm not 100% sure how the guard breaking gives you items, but you definitely see an item pop out of some enemies once you break it. If anyone can shed light on that, it'd be helpful.

-Horizon-

i just reach chapter 11
and OMG
the game is very very long
alot of enemies
now in front of me is alisa and juri and giant black mech robot and something alien that don't talk

Yeah I managed to beat that chapter after Kite and Blackrose became the first team I had to revive after they got counter obliterated by the silver android boss...thing when I wasn't paying attention to where they were and how much HP they had.

I know that that chapter only required me beating the black mech but my OCD makes me want to wipe out all the enemies on the map before doing so.

Bladenic

You know I think some of these chapters would go by a lot faster if I didn't feel like killing every motherfucker in my path. I guess it's required though with the leveling.

Just finished all the prologue chapters. Game is what I expected so far...fun for fan service, but nothing incredible. It's the perfect kind of game to sit back with, put on a podcast and relax for an hour or two.

Gartooth

Just finished the game! Overall I loved it, the last few chapters got stupid with the grinding but overall it was very fun a treat for anyone a fan of several of the IPs in the game.

Was also surprised to see
Iris from MMX show up, if only for a chapter. Was great fanservice, but it was odd that she was the only NPC aside from Aura to show up given how everyone else was a hero or enemy. Aura makes sense because the game uses her a lot for the plot of different chapters, so Im wondering maybe they put Iris in because her VA might already voice another character?

kunonabi

This game is making me want to pop in Fighters Megamix and bust some heads with Bahn. I just love how well the characters are represented so far and how they play off each other.

GeekyDad

Yeah, I was R+Ain' it at about Chapter 2 (post prologues and all that, of course). Definitely a good pick-up-and-play game. The quick-save feature helps too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finished chapter 27. Damn, not only was there a Super Robot Wars name drop, but a freakin' Outrun reference as well. I think wanting to see all of the silly interactions and what references will be dropped next are part of the reason I want to keep playing.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
On the final mission now. Lindow with Dante and Demitri has become one of my favorite teams. They even referenced Nero in one of their dialogues.

Danj

It might take a while to learn to get a feel for each of the attack combinations, especially figuring out when each ends and the next cam be used - I'm glad the list of yet unused commands shows up under the characters, at least, to make it simpler to get a grip on this kind of pinball.

A down arrow symbol appears over the unused commands when you can use them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Kite/BlackRose's Right A should always be used as a last attack. Other attacks have a hard time connecting to it.

Videoneon

Once I'm done with the game I want to see if I can construct a tier list for the teams, without Solo's attached. It'd be the first thing I've tiered. Not too confident on it but I want to try nonetheless. I realize it'll be hard to do if your teams are markedly unequal in level so keeping that in mind the level gaps aren't too big overall for my game (though they definitely exist.) Also I don't know if things will change once I reach late-game but there aren't any terrible teams...perhaps there are just those that are average in comparison to the GDLK teams.

I'm at least interested in figuring out a Top 5 out of the 20 teams,

Kite/BlackRose's Right A should always be used as a last attack. Other attacks have a hard time connecting to it.

That attack drives me insane! It's the one I get Critical with the least often, noticeably so compared to the others.

This game is making me want to pop in Fighters Megamix and bust some heads with Bahn. I just love how well the characters are represented so far and how they play off each other.

Never played Fighters Megamix or Fighting Vipers but Bahn is fun and he has a good seiyuu. He's like one of the few people who makes his confusion with events fun. His attitude when he's confronting somebody is awesome too, he's just like "screw you!"

LiK

32 hours in. I'm near the end, I think. Still fun. Surprised how much I like it even tho it's such a basic SRPG. I guess I'm fine with its simpleness.

Neki

Once I'm done with the game I want to see if I can construct a tier list for the teams, without Solo's attached. It'd be the first thing I've tiered. Not too confident on it but I want to try nonetheless. I realize it'll be hard to do if your teams are markedly unequal in level so keeping that in mind the level gaps aren't too big overall for my game (though they definitely exist.) Also I don't know if things will change once I reach late-game but there aren't any terrible teams...perhaps there are just those that are average in comparison to the GDLK teams.

I'm at least interested in figuring out a Top 5 out of the 20 teams,

That attack drives me insane! It's the one I get Critical with the least often, noticeably so compared to the others.

Never played Fighters Megamix or Fighting Vipers but Bahn is fun and he has a good seiyuu. He's like one of the few people who makes his confusion with events fun. His attitude when he's confronting somebody is awesome too, he's just like "screw you!"

I'd put KOS-MOS/Telos + Dante/Dimetri in the top 5 at least, on their ability to connect criticals alone. They were really easy for me. I'd have to look at their stats more closely to see if their strength/xp ratio was any good. I didn't even bother calling an assist on Dante/Dimetri most of the time because criticals do way more damage.

I'm also getting pretty good at the god eater's duo, they're pretty legit.

Easy. Beat enemies, bosses, and open boxes.

Dont use them every time you need to heal a character

Depend more on Healing spells especially if you want to heal a character who lost a small amount of health

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just beat it at 66:05:58. Could've saved 20 minutes or so but I wanted to make sure that I killed the final boss with KOS-MOS/T-elos. Really enjoyed it. Thought I'd get sick of it like I do with SRW games and stop halfway through and finish it much later. I kept wanting to play it though. Knowing and actually liking most of the characters probably helped though.

Also, you can hella tell that a bgm version of Wing Wanderer was supposed to play on the last stage lol. Cut bgm is my only real complaint.

Aytrial

I'm about 11 hours in and enjoying it. I can feel I need to start taking the game in shorter doses though because I'm starting to find it slightly boring if I play it longer than a chapter at a time.

I just got Ken & Ryu back. Does this game ever advance from:

Go to a new area > New allies > Recruit new allies > Go to a new area

I was enjoying it early on but now it's starting to get a bit too repetitive.

Jawmuncher

I just started playing it and I'm loving it.
The cross over aspect alone is going to be more than worth it alone. Only problem in having is I have no clue what's going on battle wise. I'm just mashing shit and have a vague understand of XP and everything else.
I should just read the tutorials in the game or is there like a beginners guide to this?

RangerBAD

Time your attacks relative to where she has them positioned during the assist. Juri's assist exposes mashers :lol

You can get a critical if you time it to her slamming the enemy down into the ground.

I just got Ken & Ryu back. Does this game ever advance from:

Go to a new area > New allies > Recruit new allies > Go to a new area

I was enjoying it early on but now it's starting to get a bit too repetitive.

You eventually get everyone, but the game still splits the group up from time to time. There are chapters with everyone together though.

LuuKyK

I hate the pattern of kill some monsters then a thousand more appear out of nowhere together with bosses you already killed a thousand times. lol

Time your attacks relative to where she has them positioned during the assist. Juri's assist exposes mashers :lol

;-; harsh.

Sanic

Would anybody mind explaining the combat a little bit to me? I've played through ch 5 and don't really have a good sense of the depth to it.

So I initiate an attack and it (usually) throws the enemy up into the air. From there, I'm so supposed to time my remaining attacks such that the enemy remains in the air, right? How do I know when my attack is going to end? Just pay attention and learn it for all the different character? And should I do attacks in any particular order?

It feels like I just input a command and then the attack plays out. You don't really do any button mashing or real combos, right?

Jintor

Would anybody mind explaining the combat a little bit to me? I've played through ch 5 and don't really have a good sense of the depth to it.

So I initiate an attack and it (usually) throws the enemy up into the air. From there, I'm so supposed to time my remaining attacks such that the enemy remains in the air, right? How do I know when my attack is going to end? Just pay attention and learn it for all the different character? And should I do attacks in any particular order?

It feels like I just input a command and then the attack plays out. You don't really do any button mashing or real combos, right?

You basically just want to be looking at enemy positioning. The main trick is when you call your supports or solos, since if your main pair hits at the same time as the support or solo (or both), they'll lock the enemy in place so you can hit with more attacks and build meter. Or, if you're not looking to lock the enemy, you can time your attack to hit just before they hit the ground and you'll crit, doing more damage and building meter.

It's not terribly complex, but it's somewhat addictive

-Horizon-

So what's the deal with the Y attack?
I've only done it once and I don't even know how.
Build up th experience gauge by having your attacks connect with the enemy. Once you get 100% on the gauge, press Y for the special attack.
Get above the 100% experience point on the gauge by doing cross attacks with assist units and whatnot.

LiK

LOL, if you have Imca in Kos-Mos party, she says "There's no need to expose yourselves to use your weapons" and T-elos says "That's how we were designed. Blame our creators" or something like that. XD

Videoneon

Besides ryu and chunli are there any other guard break moves?

Most all normal attacks can break three meters of guard. Only a few can break the maximum five meters of guard, like
Ryu and Chun-Li's Focus Attack moves (Down+A),
Kite's Left+A,
Haken's Left+A, and
X's Down+A.

Other attacks like
Dante's Down+A,
Kurt's Down+A,
Toma's Left+A,
Haken's Up+A, and
Frank's Neutral+A break all five meters except for shield, which should break immediately upon any next hit.

Four meters broken isn't so bad too. I think Chris has two moves that break four meters of guard.

LOL, if you have Imca in Kos-Mos party, she says "There's no need to expose yourselves to use your weapons" and T-elos says "That's how we were designed. Blame our creators" or something like that. XD

I haven't been playing around with the Solo units for quotes. Gotta hit Training! I just got Ulala so I'm hoping for lulz.

demidar

That Sakuya Nanbu, oh lord.

As expected, I really like the Dante/Demitri pair, but I also took quite a shine to Erica/Gemini, really easy to crit with them, and Frank/Hsien-ko because that's just absurd.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I hate this Chapter 30~ map which is based on DMC's tower, the one where you fight
Seth, Durals, Tapioca, and Saya's mindcontrolled lackeys
. It's because at the starting point, the paths split, but one path is actually a deadend >_>

Top Bottom