• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Letep

So in. Preordered and all.

Now, I played the demo, and didn't quite understand what I was doing, but control inputs were pulling off some rad moves.

Can't wait!

Great OT.

BOTEC

Man, I must have gotten really good at ignoring portable game news over the years, since I had no clue this was even being localized. Still, I support stupid game ideas like this, and want to send the message that physical releases are a good thing, so I pre-orderd. Well crap! Now I need a fucking 3DS.

Man, I must have gotten really good at ignoring portable game news over the years, since I had no clue this was even being localized. Still, I support stupid game ideas like this, and want to send the message that physical releases are a good thing, so I pre-orderd. Well crap! Now I need a fucking 3DS.

Join us.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's 3729 blocks to download according to @richIGN if anyone was wondering

GeekyDad

Yeah, it was inevitable. I said to myself I'd jump in with Soul Hackers, but slept on it. Now I have two 3DS games incoming next week.

Eh...hate to hurt your wallet further, but eh, we've got SMTIV coming next month as well, in case you weren't aware of that either. And the pre-order goodies are pretty dang sweet.

BOTEC

Eh...hate to hurt your wallet further, but eh, we've got SMTIV coming next month as well, in case you weren't aware of that either. And the pre-order goodies are pretty dang sweet.

My wallet was already hurting from earlier this month, and it's only going to get worse.

I should switch to a less expensive hobby. Maybe I'll take up heroin.

Bururian

Well, I got my copy of Project X Zone today. I thought all the first print runs of the game are supposed to be limited edition, but my copy was not. It's just the game, no special packaging or anything. I'm kinda bummed by it, but I also have the game 4 days early.

Well, I got my copy of Project X Zone today. I thought all the first print runs of the game are supposed to be limited edition, but my copy was not. It's just the game, no special packaging or anything. I'm kinda bummed by it, but I also have the game 4 days early.

That is kind of odd. Where did you purchase?

Bururian

That is kind of odd. Where did you purchase?

I got it from a local Play n Trade. It's just the game, I suspect. No special packaging like other stuff like Code of Princess or Etrian Odyssey 4. I don't want to open it up quite yet. I contact the store back asking about this, however.

The LE edition is pretty much the reason why I preordered it, too.

I got it from a local Play n Trade. It's just the game, I suspect. No special packaging like other stuff like Code of Princess or Etrian Odyssey 4. I don't want to open it up quite yet. I contact the store back asking about this, however.

The LE edition is pretty much the reason why I preordered it, too.
I would definitely talk to them. I know that Code of Princess had a cardboard package that contained the extras and a normal game case.

It sounds like they took the standard game case out of the special edition packaging and sold you that.

BlackJace

Never played one of these crossover games before. Is there a worthwhile plot or is it all grinding battles mixed with fan-service?

The plot (which is in the OP) is terribad. One of the reasons I put STORY in quotations, it barely manages to hold up lol.

And the battles aren't even worth being grindy because characters max themselves out quite early.

Never played one of these crossover games before. Is there a worthwhile plot or is it all grinding battles mixed with fan-service?
You don't repeat the same fights, but missions are so long and repetitive it feels like you're going through the same thing over and over regardless.

Basically buy it if you love fanservice and have a lot of patience with RPGs. Even rushing through the game a 1st playthru will take about 50-60 hours.

GeekyDad

Ouch. Kinda feared that might happen to some, and that's why I specifically looked for Limited Edition when pre-ordering. I don't normally buy from Gamestop, but at the time they were the only ones I could find that specifically had the LE for pre-order.

Bururian

I went back and told them about the problem, an employee took home a LE earlier in the day, and that one was left. Talked some to the store manager, he said he didn't know why since there is only one SKU, and it's for the LE. So tomorrow he is getting an LE in and will give it to me. So all and all, I'll end up getting the LE after all.

I went back and told them about the problem, an employee took home a LE earlier in the day, and that one was left. Talked some to the store manager, he said he didn't know why since there is only one SKU, and it's for the LE. So tomorrow he is getting an LE in and will give it to me. So all and all, I'll end up getting the LE after all.

Good luck. Hope you get it.

taking this one :

xiaomu.png

Bururian

Went and got my LE of the game today. Two stages in so far and loving it. If anyone wants, I can post pictures of the LE stuff later, since I've not seen anywhere online where the US LE is shown what to look like.

fek

Went and got my LE of the game today. Two stages in so far and loving it. If anyone wants, I can post pictures of the LE stuff later, since I've not seen anywhere online where the US LE is shown what to look like.

Yes, post it please.

GeekyDad

Pics or it didn't happen. :p

I'm flip-flopping on whether this game is really for me. It comes down to the combat system. From the videos and whatnot, I really can't tell much about how it plays.

DR2K

Banned
I'm flip-flopping on whether this game is really for me. It comes down to the combat system. From the videos and whatnot, I really can't tell much about how it plays.

I'm going in completely ignorant. Rocking dead chicks all day every day.

Bururian

Alright, here you guys so, I snapped a few just to show off all the stuff that comes in it.

The art book is essentially just divided by company and a picture of each character that's from that company and the respective game they are from, so you know who is who.

Also, there is no manual per say, just an insert so the manual area isn't empty. The game also comes with a Club Nintendo coin code.

Bururian

I'm really digging the music so far, and I do love that the audio is completely in Japanese. I'm totally fine with that decision, as I usually prefer it, or no voice acting in games like this.

I do like though, that It is referred to as Mega Man Dash, and not Mega Man Legends on the Soundtrack.

Top Bottom