• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

demidar

No, I prefer my games mechanics dense with a high skill ceiling, which is why I won't be getting X Zone at 40$, the value isn't there for me to justify that price.

Don't take my post as discouragement, everybody. It's just good to know what one is getting into.

I'm not discouraged at all. I don't mind the repetitiveness since I did play SRT OG Saga in terms of battle system. I'm still getting this game despite people's bad impressions.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, I know pretty much exactly what I'm getting into. This will be a game that I will take a break from if I start getting too bored, and come back to it later.

I'm getting this purely for the fanservice. For that purpose, it looks great.

Rarutos

Changed my avatar to celebrate the release soon~ (Yes, I realize Ratchet is not in the game, but I don't care. Best Sakura Wars girl!)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What are the chances of UX getting brought over if, and that's a big if, this game sells much?

Danj

What are the chances of UX getting brought over if, and that's a big if, this game sells much?

Zero. None of the SRW games with licensed anime characters in are ever getting brought over. Ever. In the universe. The only reason this game is even possible to bring over is because all the characters are owned by just three companies and they all managed to come to an agreement. For licensed SRWs it would be a nightmare.

Unlucky

It just occurred to me that this game could be very hard to find and/or expensive further down the road. I'm worried that if I don't get it now, I'll never be able to play it.

Sanic

I might be getting this just due to the fact that it's looking like it might command xenoblade-like value fairly soon.

Unlucky

Very true, especially if it doesn't sell well - there won't be many used copies to go around, and new ones will be gone soon. Some people are going to be sorry they missed out. In general, fans wanting fanservice are often willing to pay large amounts (I should know).

Okay, that makes up my mind. Pre-ordered! I usually buy used, but this way I can guarantee myself a copy, support the localization, and hopefully get more than just a fraction of the purchase price back if I resell later.

Despera

Banned
Was not convinced by the demo, but...

i9JArS6jhythd.gif

I kinda want this game.

Unlucky

Best place to buy this right now? Amazon is done for it seems.

I went to Gamestop online, despite having had horrible service from their online store once in the past. $39.99 plus tax & shipping (if you live in the US). Hopefully they'll get it right this time.

Boogiepop

Super excited for this game. Loved Endless Frontier even if it wasn't a "good" game (actually also just picked up Exceed when I was in Japan) and as such I'm sure this should be plenty fun for me too.

Also, I am apparently super lucky, as I ordered this around midday yesterday on amazon. Must have just gotten in before they cut it off, I guess. Hooray!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
tbqh if people could stomach Cross Edge, then they could this game. This feels much better than that game.

Isaccard

Super excited for this game. Loved Endless Frontier even if it wasn't a "good" game (actually also just picked up Exceed when I was in Japan) and as such I'm sure this should be plenty fun for me too.

Also, I am apparently super lucky, as I ordered this around midday yesterday on amazon. Must have just gotten in before they cut it off, I guess. Hooray!

Endless Frontier was gdlk.

WatTsu

So, I thought the demo for this was kinda neat, since it's basically a strategy RPG with elements of fighting games. I have no idea who most of the characters are, particularly on the Sega and Namco side (mostly I'm getting it for the Capcom characters, I suppose). Would have been nice if Sega had bothered to localize the third Valkyria Chronicles, but oh well. Don't mind some repetition in the battles (even Fire Emblem had that) so long as the gameplay is fun enough.

Those of you who have it, would it be worth checking out? I'm probably going to be getting it digitally.

A.E Suggs

Don't take my post as discouragement, everybody. It's just good to know what one is getting into.

Doesn't bother me, I've known long before the game released in japan what I was getting into. I'm in it for the fan-service story and characters more than the battles and as long as that delivers I'm good. One thing I don't understand is when people say cross-over games stories aren't that good. I mean you kinda gotta look at them different than regular games stories.

Loona

Reiji&Xiaomu are back? That is so frigging awesome! Now I gotta go finish Namco x Capcom if that game trully has an end xD

Their stories continue in the Endless Frontier games after NxC, although I'm not sure to which extent that's likely to be referenced in PXZ
with the possible exception of a certain assist character

tbqh if people could stomach Cross Edge, then they could this game. This feels much better than that game.

I kinda liked Cross Edge's battle system, its problems had more to do with obtuse story/map requirements and gear grind - here the battles don't change as much, while in Cross Edge you keep getting new moves and combos (obtuse as they may be).

Videoneon

Quite late, but I've stolen the Zephyr avatar! Thanks cj for the avatar "on loan." I've always liked that piece of artwork and the pose he does in it. Was quite tempted to steal the Mega Man X one, especially because it's a phenomenal replication of the PSX MMX art style, but I've been on a RoF kick lately and perhaps someone else might want to steal X.

Zephyr's art here, a significant departure from most official artwork, is very well done.

Doomsday is upon us - just a couple of days!

A.E Suggs

Their stories continue in the Endless Frontier games after NxC, although I'm not sure to which extent that's likely to be referenced in PXZ
with the possible exception of a certain assist character

I kinda liked Cross Edge's battle system, its problems had more to do with obtuse story/map requirements and gear grind - here the battles don't change as much, while in Cross Edge you keep getting new moves and combos (obtuse as they may be).

Cross Edge combat wasn't that bad and I liked it later down the line when I got more moves.

NMFried

So what are the chances of this game being worth something in the near future? I'm picking up my SE pre-order on Tuesday and I'm debating if I should open it or not. :/

So what are the chances of this game being worth something in the near future? I'm picking up my SE pre-order on Tuesday and I'm debating if I should open it or not. :/

Same. I thought this might get a reprint sometime, but I wasn't sure so I only preordered one copy instead of two. I regret of not getting a second copy of LE.

NMFried

Same. I thought this might get a reprint sometime, but I wasn't sure so I only preordered one copy instead of two.

Hmm. I'm assuming that there will be regular copies of the game, so I figure I'll just pick up a used one down the road. The curse of collecting.

ohlawd

You mean something like this?

yeah more of this stuff. I love Mii's smile so much in her cut in.

I like the one for Kaguya

kaguya4grpv.gif

So what's the deal, guys? 4 pages? Explain yourselves! Considering most of us are buying this for the fanservice, does it not make sense to post said fanservice itt???

Top Bottom