• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Alright, here you guys so, I snapped a few just to show off all the stuff that comes in it.

The art book is essentially just divided by company and a picture of each character that's from that company and the respective game they are from, so you know who is who.

Also, there is no manual per say, just an insert so the manual area isn't empty. The game also comes with a Club Nintendo coin code.

Nice, I can't wait to get my copy soon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, kind of bummed out by the fact the OST is missing a decent amount of themes. Really wanted to listen to stuff from Shining Force EXA (World's Love), Resonance of Fate (Battle to Pay the Debt), and SF4 (Volcanic Rim). Doesn't help that the OST that Japan got was 44 tracks, meaning pretty much everyone's theme was included. Heck, only ONE Sega franchise is represented (Virtua Fighter), while there's 5 songs from Namco games and 7 for Capcom.

At least with the poster, despite being small, has all the characters and isn't just the box art. More tempted to hang it up now, maybe find a frame for it.

Oh yeah, is it true that the artbook is about 40-something pages?

NI5k83T.jpg

I'll gladly take her! :D

ramyeon

Another game that Australia gets late :( I'm actually really keen on picking this up since I played the demo over and over several times. It's also a pretty good price on the eshop compared to other titles. I guess we have the second demo due out next week here to tide me over until the 7th of July.

fates

No longer available on Amazon. Marketplace vendors already starting to markup.

I have a feeling the next few days aren't going to be very fun.

jbug617

Banned
No longer available on Amazon. Marketplace vendors already starting to markup.

I have a feeling the next few days aren't going to be very fun.

I have feeling New Egg isn't getting a First Print edition. I should of kept my preorder at Amazon.

Bururian

Wow, kind of bummed out by the fact the OST is missing a decent amount of themes. Really wanted to listen to stuff from Shining Force EXA (World's Love), Resonance of Fate (Battle to Pay the Debt), and SF4 (Volcanic Rim). Doesn't help that the OST that Japan got was 44 tracks, meaning pretty much everyone's theme was included. Heck, only ONE Sega franchise is represented (Virtua Fighter), while there's 5 songs from Namco games and 7 for Capcom.

At least with the poster, despite being small, has all the characters and isn't just the box art. More tempted to hang it up now, maybe find a frame for it.

Oh yeah, is it true that the artbook is about 40-something pages?

LE soundtracks are never the full OST.

The art book is every single playable character, so yes. It's about around 40 pages.

fates

I was really under the impression this was gonna have a normal print run for a game, but it looks like it won't if it sold out on Amazon before release day... and it never really got too high in sales rank either (40-50 at best).

Bladenic

I was really under the impression this was gonna have a normal print run for a game, but it looks like it won't if it sold out on Amazon before release day... and it never really got too high in sales rank either (40-50 at best).

Oh wow it sold out? Glad I pre-ordered, had a feeling the run was gonna be small, at least for Limited Edition.

Bururian

Somebody just bought the game on the last page and didn't get the First Print edition.

That was me, I went back and got an LE the next day. No one knows why/how there was a regular non LE version. The SKU in the system only listed for the LE.

fates

Somebody just bought the game on the last page and didn't get the First Print edition.

To which the store noted there only being one SKU, the LE. Might have been removed from it's box.

Oh wow it sold out?

It's not available from Amazon at the moment. The marketplace vendors are already starting to mark it up dollar by dollar.

Goody

Very, very excited for this game. Really want to go back and play Super Robot Taisen OG Saga but it's a harder one to come by these days.

bon

So since the big selling point of this game is fanservice, I want to familiarize myself with the characters I don't know much about. Do you think it's worthwhile to actually play through the games they're from, or should I just read about them? How deep do the references go?

In particular, I'm thinking of playing some Sakura Wars (with a translation guide) and maybe Xenosaga.

Soul Beat

Ok, I'm getting paranoid now. I'm gonna have to go check the order status at the store tomorrow.

I really hope I get a copy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So since the big selling point of this game is fanservice, I want to familiarize myself with the characters I don't know much about. Do you think it's worthwhile to actually play through the games they're from, or should I just read about them? How deep do the references go?

In particular, I'm thinking of playing some Sakura Wars (with a translation guide) and maybe Xenosaga.

I wouldn't worry about it. People approach crossover titles like this differently, but I'd just play the game without thinking about it. Every character will get a spotlight at some point presumably, and if you're interested in those characters after seeing them in Project X Zone, then you can check out their source material. You probably don't need a background with the characters to enjoy the game, however, your enjoyment will be defined by how familiar you already are with the characters.

I'm mostly interested in the Capcom characters, personally, but the inclusion of Tales and Tekken characters help.

fates

I think there will actually be a regular edition on release day too. Estarland and Play-Asia both have listed two different SKUs with different prices with the same release day.
Estarland: Regular - Limited
Play-Asia: Regular - Limited

Noticed that too, didn't think much of it because a lot of retailers insist that the only one in their system is the LE.

See I kinda thought this was like the Tales of Xilia "day one edition" thing, all copies are getting the goodies (but in Xilia's case there's an even more special edition that IS Limited). I'm pretty confused right now, I'll say that much.

luokyl

Another game that Australia gets late :( I'm actually really keen on picking this up since I played the demo over and over several times. It's also a pretty good price on the eshop compared to other titles. I guess we have the second demo due out next week here to tide me over until the 7th of July.

I thought we'd be waiting at least a month, 10 days is nothing.
ETRIAN ODYSSEY 4 T-T

BlackJace

This game is bad, though, right? It looks great, however.

Depends on your definition of bad. As I will tell anyone curious about the game, I'm not going to sugarcoat this.

The game is repetitive. The later maps are unnecessarily long, and there's no real depth to the game. You will see the same attack animations over and over and over for about 60 hours. The story is also abysmal.

That aside, the game is charming, and boasts fantastic fanservice. It also has some of the best sprite work and animation in the industry. Good soundtrack too. Even with the list of problems above, people have still found enjoyment in it all, which is all one should expect from such a game.

If you haven't tried the demo, I would and then assess if you would like to go forward with it.

Neki

Depends on your definition of bad. As I will tell anyone curious about the game, I'm not going to sugarcoat this.

The game is repetitive. The later maps are unnecessarily long, and there's no real depth to the game. You will see the same attack animations over and over and over for about 60 hours. The story is also abysmal.

That aside, the game is charming, and boasts fantastic fanservice. It also has some of the best sprite work and animation in the industry. Good soundtrack too. Even with the list of problems above, people have still found enjoyment in it all, which is all one should expect from such a game.

If you haven't tried the demo, I would and then assess if you would like to go forward with it.

bleh I came in here wondering why I've never heard of this game, I really wish I had pre-ordered it during E3. I'll go try the demo though!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man I'm jealous at everyone having it D:

Now I worry about Pokemon X/Y being released early on some people!

EDIT: waitaminute, did they remove Opening Stage - X's theme from Megaman X4 in the bonus disc?!

demidar

Damn, maybe I will get this game when it's cheap.

Top Bottom