• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every once in a while I think about all those games I own digitally but can't download to the vita because I have no space and think about buying a 32 GB card. Then I remember the thing costs 81 freaking dollars.

Is there any hope for the cost to drop much further in the future?

It will eventually. I remember PSP 1GB memory cards costing 125 euros back in 2005.

DiscoJer

It will eventually. I remember PSP 1GB memory cards costing 125 euros back in 2005.

Yeah, but the PSP didn't use proprietary memory cards - well, they sort of did, they used Sony memory sticks, but anyone could make them, and one company Sandisk, made cheaper and better quality ones that Sony.

And the price didn't drop nearly as much as SD cards, where there was a lot more competition

brentech

Sound Shape's Death Mode has broken me. I'm putting the game away before I rage at it and completely get turn off by it.

It's just random as shit, if stuff is far from the get go, I often suicide until I got a better first spawning coin. Then from there hoped for good luck. Eventually it comes together, but yea, random luck does not make a great game. Especially when it's the center piece of your trophy mode. That said, I got a platinum in 2 days, probably only 3-4 hours of play time.

Sol1dus

why would that be?

being in Venezuela, I can't use my warranty which makes me even more scared now.

I would say don't worry about it. It just happened twice to me. And that was two weeks ago, so I'm fine. It's probably some OS kinks that need to get fixed.

test_account

XP-39C²
Well, i guess that might be the problem. The secret isn't counting. Well, in case you ask them and you recieve an answer please tell me what they said.

And yes, what you said about the levels is true, some i really think i can get gold but others it would be too much headaches xD
Will do :)

I've been playing for some time today and now i'm actually just 3 levels away from getting all gold! I'm missing both the zero gravity levels and one infrared one. I got silver in all of them, but getting gold is quite hard, especially in the zero gravity ones. It requires a different type of precision in those levels.

@test_account: i finished puddle, it was a hard sometimes but it was fun messing with the liquids. I finished the secret level and the vita shows me 48/49, same as you.
Now the wait for sound shapes begin *__*
Cool :) I guess that they forgot to program the secret level to count.

Shinriji

Just finished the Voyage mode on Lumines: Eletronic Symphony. After 75 minutes non-stop, sweaty hands and a lucky shuffle block, I made it. The last skin was truly scary.

Incredible game. Every vita owner should have this game, even more than Mutant Blob, Velocity or whatever.

Sol1dus

Just finished the Voyage mode on Lumines: Eletronic Symphony. After 75 minutes non-stop, sweaty hands and a lucky shuffle block, I made it. The last skin was truly scary.

Incredible game. Every vita owner should have this game, even more than Mutant Blob, Velocity or whatever.

Yeah, when it drops in price.

Rasec

Will do :)

I've been playing for some time today and now i'm actually just 3 levels away from getting all gold! I'm missing both the zero gravity levels and one infrared one. I got silver in all of them, but getting gold is quite hard, especially in the zero gravity ones. It requires a different type of precision in those levels.

Cool :) I guess that they forgot to program the secret level to count.
Damn, awesome work there. The zero gravity ones are very tricky for me. I guess i'll try tommorow replaying some of the levels after i get the "don't get any crack on the thaiti ball" trophy and that silver one about the fertelizer that i quite didn't get what i must do to get it.

Now you made me the urge of getting the game xD
I never tried lumines before, guess i should try the demo a little.

brentech

Apparently Beck from Sound Shapes released some new songs...not sure exactly how to get them but here's the link:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40985384&postcount=1287

..2 more days, so close.

You might already know, but the way you word this makes it seem not: you realize he's not just some guy in Sound Shapes, but an very well known/respected musician right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beck

If you weren't implying that, my double sincere apologies. Knowledge is power.

zroid

Banned
You might already know, but the way you word this makes it seem not: you realize he's not just some guy in Sound Shapes, but an very well known/respected musician right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beck

If you weren't implying that, my double sincere apologies. Knowledge is power.

To me, "Beck" will always be foremost this!

beck-cast.jpg

brentech

I don't know that I care for Madden on the go. I'll get the PS3 demo and see if that's worth a bother this year though. I don't buy yearly like I used to. Usually every 2 years, but I bought last years so the new physics engine will have to impress.

FIFA I will double up on if it's close to console version.

I don't know that I care for Madden on the go. I'll get the PS3 demo and see if that's worth a bother this year though. I don't buy yearly like I used to. Usually every 2 years, but I bought last years so the new physics engine will have to impress.

I'm the opposite. I just stopped caring for Madden on consoles and would prefer to play a good portable entry. I thought I would get that with Madden 11 iOS........ I was very wrong. :(

Hopefully the Vita version of Madden is much more polished and enjoyable than that garbage. Thankfully it looks like they are putting more effort into this version than they did with that half-assed Madden Football 3DS .

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

I'd pay gold coins for arcadey ISS on Vita(even if just an HD version of ISS98),but sadly Konami is dumb as a box of rocks.

demigod

Man, I haven't bought a Fifa game since 95 or something on the ps1. Actually was sister's boyfriend who bought it but we played the shit out of it. Nothing like making a goal from almost midfield.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I tried a google search but failed, is there an ETA on the new Pinball Arcade tables?

Supposedly, DLC Pack #3 w/ Gorgar and Monster Bash have been submitted and may be out tomorrow. DLC Pack #4 is in cert along with a full title update for Pinball Arcade. They just revealed DLC Pack #5 with Taxi and Harley Davidson, and oddly the press release seems to say they're for 'august'. Either they only submitted them now, or they are already in cert.

People on pinballarcadefans seem to think DLC Pack #4 w/ title update won't be out until the end of august due to being submitted later.

Beast780

Supposedly, DLC Pack #3 w/ Gorgar and Monster Bash have been submitted and may be out tomorrow. DLC Pack #4 is in cert along with a full title update for Pinball Arcade. They just revealed DLC Pack #5 with Taxi and Harley Davidson, and oddly the press release seems to say they're for 'august'. Either they only submitted them now, or they are already in cert.

People on pinballarcadefans seem to think DLC Pack #4 w/ title update won't be out until the end of august due to being submitted later.

Sweet, now I'm excited!

lepo

just got the Japanese version of Dokuro

such a nice little game, and it has English language in it

looking forward to go home and play some more

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
just got the Japanese version of Dokuro

such a nice little game, and it has English language in it

looking forward to go home and play some more

:|

Vita is a handheld, you play at the work,theater,airports,brothels..ect with it that the main point.

I only play my Vita at home too. Just on the couch when the main TV is occupied.

And yes, I am not the biggest fan of the shoulder buttons as well.

Kazerei

Banned
Is anyone still playing Unit 13? I still haven't done the two online trophies. I've done all the HVTs except the last one. Still need to 5-star one more mission. I've been studying this guy's route, but I dunno if I can pull it off. I tried following some of his other videos, but he is ridiculously good. Hold me GAF.

Sol1dus

Is anyone still playing Unit 13? I still haven't done the two online trophies. I've done all the HVTs except the last one. Still need to 5-star one more mission. I've been studying this guy's route, but I dunno if I can pull it off. I tried following some of his other videos, but he is ridiculously good. Hold me GAF.

Yup I started again today. Its fun, but kind of a drag at times. I detest the covert missions. :p

Raoh

I like playing while watching TV shows.

pretty much this for me too

Same here, it's really why I bought the nyko stand. Play my ps3 and have netflix or something running on my vita.

Really wish we could get some UPnP apps like ps3mediaserver etc running on the vita, I think remote play is the only way to do this.

So I guess I could stream through my ps3 to my vita using remote play while playing a pc game.. that's something I guess

you must!

Going to have to. I have it on my pc/itunes at home, can't watch it on my vita (where is my hulu plus sony/hulu?), going to have to grab a spare laptop for hulu desktop, i'm working the late shift until probably 3/4am.

Grinchy

Banned

I can't help you, but I randomly played the Unit 13 demo again the other night and remembered how awesome the game feels. I've played that first mission way too many times now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom