• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigod

Took my old armorsuit military shield off since I screwed up on it big time when I first got the Vita. No more buying invisible shields for me, they just flat out suck. Damn, I hate putting on screen protectors! Tried to get all the dust out but they kept reappearing. Wipe one lint off and another one appears outta nowhere. Messed up on my first one but managed to get the 2nd one on without any bubbles at all.

Anyone buy the hori one? I bought this cheapass 3pack one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006ROO1XA/?tag=neogaf0e-20.

Ponn

Banned
Damn guys..think I broke the TOM Blitz leaderboard: 1,165,034,900..played for 204:20 :O

Wow, thank god. I thought I played too much ToMB, thankfully there is someone worse. I haven't even got the 100 hour trophy yet, to my own surprise.

So Ragnarok is like an online group play game right? Who is making the official thread for it? Might be a good game for the Vita community here. HSG community is like dead.

Sol1dus

Damn guys..think I broke the TOM Blitz leaderboard: 1,165,034,900..played for 204:20 :O

Will I be able to replicate this?

TOM Blitz has been really glitchy for me ever since that time I was able to get around 40 thousand gems. Now I don't get any bonuses for not playing for 24hrs.

zroid

Banned
WipEout had better be listed at $19.99 when I wake up tomorrow, goddammit!

and don't say it already is at amazon.com or somewhere, no use to me :|

beason52

Neo Member
I feel like there is really no excuse for lack of Jak/Ratchet collections on Vita. Those would be must-buys for me personally. Even if they were larger than one cart could fit (not sure of the max capacity), how about PSN versions?

Yuripaw

Banned
Does anyone have a recommendation for any of those hand grips you can put around your Vita? Which one of those is considered the best/most comfortable? I kinda like the idea of one of those, but I was browsing on amazon, and there are quite a few to choose from.

Prozel

Does anyone have a recommendation for any of those hand grips you can put around your Vita? Which one of those is considered the best/most comfortable? I kinda like the idea of one of those, but I was browsing on amazon, and there are quite a few to choose from.

I haven't tried any myself since I need to get a Vita again, but the grip from PDP seems to get good review. I've heard good things about the Hong Kong ones too.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I got my vita because I'm about to move to Seattle from Florida and I'm in for a lot of brutally long plane rides for the next few years when I visit my family. Plus I'm living off campus and I want something to do if I'm not tackling homework when I'm away from the apartment and waiting for a bus or something.

Until then I keep it at home.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I got my vita because I'm about to move to Seattle from Florida and I'm in for a lot of brutally long plane rides for the next few years when I visit my family. Plus I'm living off campus and I want something to do if I'm not tackling homework when I'm away from the apartment and waiting for a bus or something.

Until then I keep it at home.
My Vita single-handedly saved an otherwise awful six hour wait in an airport I had, so I'm all for buying Vitas to play on planes.

Tailzo

I only play at home but once it saved me when I went to jury duty.
4-5 hours of Virtua Tennis 4.
Are you allowed to play during jury duty? I don't even play at work.

I kinda want VT4 though. I already bought it for dirt cheap on ps3. Why is it so expensive for Vita? It's not improved, right?

milkham

I kinda want VT4 though. I already bought it for dirt cheap on ps3. Why is it so expensive for Vita? It's not improved, right?

I've been to jury duty, you can do whatever you want until they call you to consider you for a trial.

demigod

Don't you work at Gamestop? I highly recommend the Nyko Power Grip. Awesome rubber grips and you get extra juice for your Vita. I can charge my Vita thru it. If you want a cheaper one, CTA looks good as well but you'll have to take your Vita out everytime you want to charge it. The PDP handles are just too short for my taste and plus I hate triggers. Check youtube and see what fits for you.

Yeah, this was all before I had to go in the court room.
Hours of sitting.

Same. Played NGS+ and monsterhunter for a week.... and got paid to do so.

So excited for what Sony will unveil later today. Tomorrow gon be good with the next update. :)

gonna repress any excitment my self. If I don't get my hopes up I can only either be not surprised or pleasantly surprised.

Apart from whats already been announced I'm not expecting anything else to big. If there is then hurray, but this is Sony lol. Prob add a way to incorporate wonderbook with the vita or something.

So excited for what Sony will unveil later today. Tomorrow gon be good with the next update. :)

Yeah. Can't wait for what Sony is going to announce today. PS1 support, 1st party games and some good console quality 3rd party games.
Fully featured Fifa, COD and NFS would be awesome and would give a really different impression about the while platform.

Main game is the same I think (never played the PS3 version), but there's a bunch of Vita specific mini-games in there.

Dantis

Yeah. Can't wait for what Sony is going to announce today. PS1 support, 1st party games and some good console quality 3rd party games.
Fully featured Fifa, COD and NFS would be awesome and would give a really different impression about the while platform.

I fear you're setting yourself up for a fall expecting all that. Remember E3 had nothing, and was a much bigger event.

Hanmik

I fear you're setting yourself up for a fall expecting all that. Remember E3 had nothing, and was a much bigger event.

yeah we all know.. but come on, every single Vita owner wants some good announcements for this amazing piece of hardware,..

Im 95% sure that ps1 support comes in september. They NEED to show those 3rd party games with a couple brand new announcements, some apps and update on PS Mobile=win pressconf.

Hanmik

God damn, I just went across the city and 3/4ths of the people had Fifa for the Vita. I wonder how well it sold for EA. My near has over 5000 miles on it now. Kinda cool.

near doesn´t work for me.. I have the Wifi Vita. Been in Denmark and now I´m back on the Faroe Islands.. can´t even connect in my home city.. I thought it was possible to use near even though you only have the Wifi Vita,.

Hanmik

^My Near on wifi Vita works fine, shows 10 Vitas in 5kms lol.

pw4Y9.jpg

sad panda..

Yuripaw

Banned
Don't you work at Gamestop? I highly recommend the Nyko Power Grip. Awesome rubber grips and you get extra juice for your Vita. I can charge my Vita thru it. If you want a cheaper one, CTA looks good as well but you'll have to take your Vita out everytime you want to charge it. The PDP handles are just too short for my taste and plus I hate triggers. Check youtube and see what fits for you.

Yeah, but even with an employee discount, this kind of stuff is usually cheaper to get online. The nyko power grip one does look pretty cool. Kinda pricey...might consider that it though.

I know my expectations are a bit more than what will happen but hey let's just live the dream for sometime, it's a matter of a few hours and we're back to crying lol
No seriously I hope EA would provide full featured Fifa and NFS, these two with a good COD would be enough for a lot people. Keeping in mind there is some good stuff that's getting ready for launch.

near doesn´t work for me.. I have the Wifi Vita. Been in Denmark and now I´m back on the Faroe Islands.. can´t even connect in my home city.. I thought it was possible to use near even though you only have the Wifi Vita,.

Near is weird. On the wifi version, it can get your location data, but it can't upload it. So as you travel, have it get location data, but when you go home or to a wifi hotspot, you can upload all your travels there. Biggest day was 300-400 miles in one day. I found like five unoccupied areas.

Tons of people have Fifa everywhere though. Makes me wonder how big Madden is going to be.

Near is weird. On the wifi version, it can get your location data, but it can't upload it. So as you travel, have it get location data, but when you go home or to a wifi hotspot, you can upload all your travels there. Biggest day was 300-400 miles in one day. I found like five unoccupied areas.

Tons of people have Fifa everywhere though. Makes me wonder how big Madden is going to be.

I thought he was talking about Europe cause I can totally understand Fifa selling like crazy over there. Same here in NA with Madden. I'm in Calgary, Canada and I've never found someone having Fifa on Near lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom