• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroshiki

My wife and two small kids are heading out of town for a week, which means extra time for the Vita. Any recommendations between the following games as to how to spend my time:
• Mutant Blobs
• Disagae
• Valkyria Chronicles II
• Ys 7

I favor RPGs, which seem to be lacking on the Vita ATM. But am happy to go PSP.

For the vita itself, I’ve play Gravity Daze, MGSHD, Uncharted, Wipeout. For the PSP, I’ve also played Tactics Ogre, P3P, Ys Felgana, and tried but hated Persona 1 and 2. If you think I am overlooking something obvious, let me know.

Other options – NSMB 2, possibly with a new XL.

YS 7.

YS 7 ALL THE WAY.

zroid

Banned
Got it for free with my Vita. :p

Bought WipEput yesterday, in anticipation of the lower ($20) price (hopefully across all retailers :p, tehre were only 2 left). Though the game's awesome so even if no new price is in place and I can't get the aditional $20 back; the game's still worth it at $40.

I am probably going to pick up WipEout tomorrow as well, assuming that price drop happens in Canada. $20 is still too much for me, but I've got this $10 coupon that's itching to be used!

zroid

Banned
Hmm, shame Back to Nature (PS1) isn't on sale too. No interest in those PSP games really.

EDIT: wait... apparently Boy & Girl is a remake of BtN? Is that good? Even on sale it's more expensive than BtN though...

fernoca

I am probably going to pick up WipEout tomorrow as well, assuming that price drop happens in Canada. $20 is still too much for me, but I've got this $10 coupon that's itching to be used!
Nice coupon. Im not as lucky when it comes to get copons/deals. :p

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
pyKV5.jpg

I've never been more jealous of another gamer.

My wife and two small kids are heading out of town for a week, which means extra time for the Vita. Any recommendations between the following games as to how to spend my time:
• Mutant Blobs
• Disagae
• Valkyria Chronicles II
• Ys 7

I favor RPGs, which seem to be lacking on the Vita ATM. But am happy to go PSP.

For the vita itself, I’ve play Gravity Daze, MGSHD, Uncharted, Wipeout. For the PSP, I’ve also played Tactics Ogre, P3P, Ys Felgana, and tried but hated Persona 1 and 2. If you think I am overlooking something obvious, let me know.

Other options – NSMB 2, possibly with a new XL.

Lunar Silver Star Harmony!

lunar_1268953881.jpg

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Hmm, shame Back to Nature (PS1) isn't on sale too. No interest in those PSP games really.

EDIT: wait... apparently Boy & Girl is a remake of BtN? Is that good? Even on sale it's more expensive than BtN though...

Yeah, it does look as if Boy & Girl is a remake of Back to Nature. BtN is supposed to be fun and addictive, right GAF?

patsu

Nope, tried several times last night and a few times today, on a different network. After getting the same error a few times now I'm getting "Can't connect to the store within the time limit". I'm about to give up. Too bad, I haven't played my Vita much since launch. :|

Try restoring your system. It's the 4th option on the blue screen. I think early Vita OS wasn't that stable. It's possible that your config settings are messed up since you bought the system at launch.

I keep seeing this and I keep wondering what I'd think about it, since Uncharted 3 was a close 2nd to me in the series (with Uncharted being tops). Either way, the asking price is still too much for me. :(

After playing the game, I do think $30-$40 is a solid price. It felt like a console game on a handheld to me, so that is the price range I would pay for an experience like that. That's me though. If you do find a good sale on the game, definitely pick it up.

spannicus

8gb card is worthless Lol. every time something new comes out I have to delete something. Want to try out the Madden demo but I have no space.

Doombear

I can't stop playing Sound Shapes... It's the only game that's ever got me hooked on a level editor.

It really is the music making part that makes it so special. It's so much more fun than something like LBP because you are actually designing a song and a platforming level together, which is just a wonderful combination.

So good. And now with the connection issues to the Community levels seemingly fixed, there are even more awesome levels to check out. Check out the levels from Shuhei Yoshida (yosp) for example. Simple and fun.

Rasec

If no American LE I'm gonna find the Korean version lol, Japanese one costs 130 dollaz, can you believe that? :/

Well I think NA will get Korea Limited Edition because on their facebook page awhile back they said "In Korea and the US we handle the series directly, in Japan we license the console games to a company called Cyber Front and the arcade release is handled by Konami."

But the vita screen.
Well, i was in the same boat and i must say that the game in the vita is maybe zoomed out a little more than it should but i never need it to pinch to zoom it but in the big screen you'll notice more the details and expressions of the characters.

I got it to the vita because i'm more time on the street than at home and the game is suitable to handheld gameplay. Play a level here and there.

JaseMath

Hey guys - debating between this an a 3DS, but leaning heavily toward Vita...quick question. Can I play downloaded PSone games on a Vita? Can't find a definitive answer. :(

branny

If no American LE I'm gonna find the Korean version lol, Japanese one costs 130 dollaz, can you believe that? :/
But there is going to be a North American LE, and it's going to be $100 unless something changes. The Facebook post about it was taken down because some details were premature. You can read what was originally said here.

OmegaZero

Hey guys - debating between this an a 3DS, but leaning heavily toward Vita...quick question. Can I play downloaded PSone games on a Vita? Can't find a definitive answer. :(

Not yet.
But supposedly, you will be able to this year.

EDIT: Beaten like the Vita's sales.

Sid

Not yet,gamescom will hopefully have details on the ps1 support,should be out by late summer rumored to be out on aug 28th

Just after this post I got two back to back by accident, one I think is a hard one... win with Chip-In Birdie or higher on Silver Rank 18 hole course.

(And beat the Silver boss without a Bogey)

I've been at it too, and all I managed to do was unlock easy mode lol.

Kiss my ass game.

But there is going to be a North American LE, and it's going to be $100 unless something changes. The Facebook post about it was taken down because some details were premature. You can read what was originally said here.

So an extra t-shirt? But then they said the details are not accurate. I hope they meant the "only 750 will be made" :/

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Every once in a while I think about all those games I own digitally but can't download to the vita because I have no space and think about buying a 32 GB card. Then I remember the thing costs 81 freaking dollars.

Is there any hope for the cost to drop much further in the future?

zroid

Banned
They KIND OF indirectly implied september on last week's blogcast. technically still summer but at a time one might confuse with fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom