• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm in EU and grabbing SS tomorrow, TurkishEmperor.

Oh shit, go Sony EU! Thanks for the list, cw_sasuk.

These guys give me extra confidence. Awesome sales. Yes indeed, everyone add lumines to your collection (especially if you are a little older - >18 ?). It would really appeal to so many people and the formula for their game is just good. Nice to own this.

So from the sale. LocoRoco 2 (despite it's file size, iirc) is a no-brainer at that price.
I will probably pick up Riff: Everyday Shooter since why not. Never got as far as I wanted on the PC/PS3 version, maybe on the Vita it will get more play time. The only thing about this was play variety is nothing like SSD and you don't have 360 degree of aim..

Gex 1 is a pretty easy buy, not sure about 2/3. I watched the Classic Games Room review of 3 saying how it doesn't hold up as well as he remembered it.

Anything else that really shouldn't be missed or is surprisingly fun from that list?

kiyomi

Euros: Who else is getting Sound Shapes tomorrow?!
Yes, definitely. Can't wait. Time to put the GAF befriending to use, though I can never remember who anyone is.. lol.

http://youtu.be/tdhXO77-8aY
This guy rocks xD Also he does a lot of vita videos so you might want to keep an eye on it's channel.

But my question, is it my impression or the japanese Orgarhythm game already comes with the english language?

Well seing XSEED there is already a good guess.
Guess i'll wait for episode 2 of his video to be sure.

The hell did I just watch? :3

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. The opening 2 minutes were priceless though. The game itself doesn't interest me that much, I do like the cover art though.

Guess I'll pick up some PSP/PS1 games, although I don't know what most of them are..

Rasec

These guys give me extra confidence. Awesome sales. Yes indeed, everyone add lumines to your collection (especially if you are a little older - >18 ?). It would really appeal to so many people and the formula for their game is just good. Nice to own this.
Guess i'll try lumines demo today so i can decide if i get it or not.
Any nice videos of the game on youtube that can help me get to see what the game offers?

The hell did I just watch? :3

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. The opening 2 minutes were priceless though. The game itself doesn't interest me that much, I do like the cover art though.

He's quite the weird dude that makes some crazy videos with the vita xD
He actually, besides this gaf topic, help me decide to finally get a vita.

And the fact that he knows japanese and gets all games that comes out there help me see what to import or not.

If i'm not mistaken he's getting the limited project diva ps vita and will do a lot of PD videos. i'm gonna get some miku love on youtube xP

freoleo29

Ok, so my Vita got Stolen today is there any way to get my save data back? i was 2 trophies away from platinum on virtua and so close to getting them, am i screwed?

Hanmik

Mermaid Vita owners confirmed!

here is a picture of my daughter with my PsVita..

bC6ay.jpg

Sony Gamescom is 1 pm EST.

Ok, so my Vita got Stolen today is there any way to get my save data back? i was 2 trophies away from platinum on virtua and so close to getting them, am i screwed?

If you synced up your trophies with the PSN servers, you still have them. Your data is probably all gone, though, unless you backed it up.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm really looking forward to when PS1 support comes over, why? I'll get to play the hell out of Castlevania SOTN with a decent d-pad.

Seriously, I entirely forgot how annoying it was to pull off SOTN spells until I started playing it again recently
I feel fortunate to have played trough sotn already on the vita, through the Dracula X PSP game. Kind of an early taste of how great they should look and control.

SFxT Vita will release at the 26th october (in europe)...
Why do all vita-games come end of october/november?

If it would come out in august/september I would buy it, but now there are more important games in this timeframe.

I'd buy it purely for the cross content stuff (The 12 DLC characters are $20 for PS3 and I'd save like an extra $6 since I'd get their costumes too).
Since I could get the content stuff for $26 and pay basicaly $14 for another Vita game, I've resolved to go this route if I ever want the DLC characters. Holding it til the end of October is ridiculous, as anyone who wants the console characters (mostly except me) will have bought the content on PS3 and that whole value thing that could have gained them sales will be moot.

They should have aimed for end of August/early September at the latest.

Shinriji

VITA GAMESCON PREDICTIONS

- Firmware 1.80 dated (PS1 support, minor UI changes, folder support, new Near program)
- Killzone Liberation 2
- Eyepet Vita
- Tomb Raider sidestory for Vita

test_account

XP-39C²
Got the gold trophy in Puddle now, yeah boi! Now i just need the rest (except cracking the ball in the Haiti level).

iHu09VqfHRlLD.jpg

Damn, awesome work there. The zero gravity ones are very tricky for me. I guess i'll try tommorow replaying some of the levels after i get the "don't get any crack on the thaiti ball" trophy and that silver one about the fertelizer that i quite didn't get what i must do to get it.
I managed to do the two zero gravity levels today. They are some of the hardest levels in the game in my opinion, at least when talk about getting gold medals. Now i just need 4 more trophies to get 100% =)

By the way, if you're "stuck" on a level, there are guides on Youtube that gives some tips. I had some big problems getting gold in two levels, but after i checked Youtube for these two levels, i picked up some tips that made it much easier. I only checked these two levels, but i assume that there are videos on Youtube for all 49 levels.

I'm not expecting anything, but I get the feeling there may be a bomb or two dropped that no one expected for Vita.

We'll see, I have a pediatrician appointment for my daughter during the press conference so when I get back I'll just have a bunch of news to catch up on.

My vita is missing (I think somebody stole it) and some fucktard ordered up $152 worth of shit on my tab. Sony is refunding me but now I need a new vita and soon

demigod

My vita is missing (I think somebody stole it) and some fucktard ordered up $152 worth of shit on my tab. Sony is refunding me but now I need a new vita and soon

Where are you guys bringing your Vitas to for it to be stolen?

Skyzard

Banned
Guess i'll try lumines demo today so i can decide if i get it or not.
Any nice videos of the game on youtube that can help me get to see what the game offers?

The demo will be alright to get a feel of the gameplay, check some video reviews for extra information and to get a chance to look at some of the other "skins" (background art / colours + music) in the game. Honestly, just a great arcade puzzle game. If you are looking for a good game that you would enjoy, this is it. If you are looking for something revolutionary, this probably isn't it...but it is a staple in my ps collection.

Decided to go for Tomb Raider 2 as well and the remake of 1 (anniversary) that came on psp.
Apparently the rest were okish unless you were a huge fan and the third wasn't great due to the way it saves....thought I'd post my "research" as there are a tonne of tomb raiders in this sale to choose from. Doubt a lot of people want them all ; ) Btw if you think it's not quite right please let me know, only played a few of TR games on PC a long time and usually couldn't make it out of the first room.

Pandemonium looked decent you know, more appealing to me then klonoa...but just having a second look at the 3d Gex instead which has a little place in my gaming memory bank as well...not sure I would be all that impressed by the 2.5D gameplay of P1&2....not sure really though - they are cheap enough to just pick up and try....but you end up picking up so many and not having the memory space for them to be worth keeping on the vita..

My prediction: Killzone Vita finally gets a reveal. Infamous and Crash Bandicoot in the works...neither get revealed.

Sorry to read you're missing your vitas, guys! :-(

I keep mine in my bookbag. Some time between Friday and Sunday, it jumped out and walked away. I had no idea it was gone until my bank called me about the "irregular activity" on my card. I wish I could track it like my iphone

newsguy

Does PSN have any kind of time that they update like XBL or is it whenever they give a shit? I really want to see if Madden is any good

Cornbread78

I keep mine in my bookbag. Some time between Friday and Sunday, it jumped out and walked away. I had no idea it was gone until my bank called me about the "irregular activity" on my card. I wish I could track it like my iphone

It has a gps function built into it by serial number, can't Sony track it with that?

Skyzard

Banned
That and an activity log, should be the main priority after ps1 support I hope.

I was hoping to have themed pages for a few game series/genres, Crash, gta, wipeout, mgs, gex, beatemups, ff etc..would be impossible without folders and new limits

After watching all these video reviews of platformers, I'm pretty pumped for sly cooper too. Looked really decent at E3.

I don't know. They didn't give me any indication they could. Can they track it with it off or dead? I still have my charger

:( I want my vita

I would just accept it as gone now. Thinking any outside influence will bring it back to you is folly.

The sooner you move on, the sooner you get a new one

arimanius

Never played any of the Harvest Moons but I like Animal Crossing. Which one would be a good one to try out, Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl?

arimanius

The actual appeal of the game won't change depending on Boy or Girl. It's more for the story and which sex you'd like your protagonist.

Sorry, miss worded the question. Which Harvest moon game would be a good one to try out for a first timer? Was thinking Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl maybe a good one to start with.

Sorry, miss worded the question. Which Harvest moon game would be a good one to try out for a first timer? Was thinking Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl maybe a good one to start with.

If i remember that one correctly, it's more story driven with you being a robot. The farming simulation is still pretty much true to it's roots.

The one i dislike the most is probably the Wii game due to the amount of time not being spent directly on the farm and making money

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member

After having watched several youtube vids, I've concluded that Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl is the best out of the bunch. Just waiting for the store to update now...

|ync

If i remember that one correctly, it's more story driven with you being a robot. The farming simulation is still pretty much true to it's roots.

Innocent Life is the one where you're a robot (unless you are also a robot in Boy & Girl) and I would not recommend it. Very shallow outside of the farming component
and even the farming is pretty shallow once you realize that if you just plant flowers (which are harvested for you) you still end up with more money than you could ever spend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom