• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossler

Street Fighter x Tekken could be fun, but I like Soul Calibur/DOA/Virtua Fighter type games.....here's to hoping one of those for Vita! Also, away we go?

Edit....an hour ahead of myself.

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks guys, got it ready now. Any idea how long it is expected to last?

I really hope we see at least COD + Killzone for vita (preferably gameplay..). If they could get NFS MW vita footage or another reveal instead of killzone.. then that should do it as well.
I think most people would find those pretty reassuring..Oh AC yeah :)

Toki767

Thanks guys, got it ready now. Any idea how long it is expected to last?

I really hope we see at least COD + Killzone for vita (preferably gameplay..). If they could get NFS MW vita footage or another reveal instead of killzone.. then that should do it as well.
I think most people would find those pretty reassuring..Oh AC yeah :)

I think you're probably asking for too much. We'll probably get a LittleBigPlanet demo though.

Skyzard

Banned
I think you're probably asking for too much. We'll probably get a LittleBigPlanet demo though.

I remember them acknowledging failures at e3 recently.. (not originally I know..) and sony blog posters talking about surprise releases in store...so I'm am genuinely a little giddy about the conference. Not that I wouldn't love a LBP demo.

brentech

I remember them acknowledging failures at e3 recently.. (not originally I know..) and sony blog posters talking about surprise releases in store...so I'm am genuinely a little giddy about the conference. Not that I wouldn't love a LBP demo.

That's true. The way they fully acknowledged not properly displaying Vita during the conference makes you think they understand they have some making up to do.

Rasec

The demo will be alright to get a feel of the gameplay, check some video reviews for extra information and to get a chance to look at some of the other "skins" (background art / colours + music) in the game. Honestly, just a great arcade puzzle game. If you are looking for a good game that you would enjoy, this is it. If you are looking for something revolutionary, this probably isn't it...but it is a staple in my ps collection.
well, i only was able to try the demo once a little ago but it was fun but i was only able to get to the second skin xP, some purple/silver balls, and i like the music and general looks of the game.
Must play a little more when i have time but my vita could use a puzzle game xP.
Also saw one review on youtube and it does look good but i still haven't made my mind.
guess because i also want blazblue and wipeout on my vita but their prices doesn't help.

Got the gold trophy in Puddle now, yeah boi! Now i just need the rest (except cracking the ball in the Haiti level).
I managed to do the two zero gravity levels today. They are some of the hardest levels in the game in my opinion, at least when talk about getting gold medals. Now i just need 4 more trophies to get 100% =)

By the way, if you're "stuck" on a level, there are guides on Youtube that gives some tips. I had some big problems getting gold in two levels, but after i checked Youtube for these two levels, i picked up some tips that made it much easier. I only checked these two levels, but i assume that there are videos on Youtube for all 49 levels.
Awesome work you did there. Not bad at all and thanks for the tips about the youtube and all.
I doubt i'll try to have gold on all trophies but i'll try to do some better scores on some levels.

That's true. The way they fully acknowledged not properly displaying Vita during the conference makes you think they understand they have some making up to do.

For what it's worth, when I called Sony to bitch about my second dead PS3, at the end of the call, I got a sales pitch for Vita.

"Sir, are you aware that back in February Sony released a powerful new handheld gaming experience called the Playstation Vita?"
"Yes. I have one right next to me here."
"Excellent. And how are you finding the system."
"The system itself is excellent."
"Can I send you more information about the product?"

It wasn't a good sales pitch. But at least they're trying now? :lol

It'd help if SCEA got their heads out of their asses and followed SCEE's lead with the constant sales and such. Anything is better than nothing.

Skyzard

Banned
well, i only was able to try the demo once a little ago but it was fun but i was only able to get to the second skin xP, some purple/silver balls, and i like the music and general looks of the game.
Must play a little more when i have time but my vita could use a puzzle game xP.
Also saw one review on youtube and it does look good but i still haven't made my mind.
guess because i also want blazblue and wipeout on my vita but their prices doesn't help.

I'll try to do a run through of lumines on video today using my custom playlist and will put it on youtube.

I think seeing more of the better skins would really sell it, once people get a hang of the mechanics..and some idea for what combos could be done. You end up learning quite a bit after going for the trophies/other game modes yourself.

More people should play tetris type games (to prevent brain rot) and there is a lot of immersion with Lumines, really sucks you in, easily too.

We can only hope...

At least we'll know soon enough >:) !

Shinriji

Anything happen with the Vita in the last two weeks? Need a mid vacation recap!

Sound Shapes released. Excellent game. Buy it.
Playstation Battle Royaled delayed for 1 month. Now is November 20
Persona 4 also is delayed to November.
Orgarhythm is going to be released by XSEED. DD-only
Some obscured JP games announced.
No news from the FW 1.80

Trigger

Sound Shapes released. Excellent game. Buy it.
Playstation Battle Royaled delayed for 1 month. Now is November 20
Persona 4 also is delayed to November.
Orgarhythm is going to be released by XSEED. DD-only
Some obscured JP games announced.
No news from the FW 1.80

I'm still quite salty about this. Can I Haz PSOne games now?

branny

After P4A, I've had enough P4 for a while so I don't mind the P4G delay. It's still unfortunate, though. I hope Technika Tune and Ragnarok Odyssey come out sooner. I need Technika Tune and Ragnarok Odyssey to come out sooner.

Sol1dus

Buy vita on ps3, get Vita version free!

Pretty cool? This is exactly what it needed. This will drive more people to purchase Vitas since they'll have "free" games for it.

brentech

Playstation Allstars purchase on PS3 makes it free on Vita, 'playstation crossbuy'
Sly Cooper
Ratchet and Clank QForce, as well.

Skyzard

Banned
Ps1 support AUG 28 (2 weeks)

lol, masterbeat.

No COD trailer .. or NFS MW is pretty worrying but at least this is going okay.

Teknoman

Kinda wish they would have gone into MORE detail instead of just showing 6 PS1 game icons. But they did say all your favorite PS1 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom