• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Controls
As many of you have requested, you will now have the option to control the home screen and some features of applications such as Videos and Music with the buttons on the PS Vita system.

YES!

patsu

I'm assuming yes, since thats part of your + subscription.

Ah, don't assume anything yet. Wait for official confirmation.

Also, they didn't announce the 1.80 date ?

EDIT: Oh wait, they did. Since we are getting PS1 on 28th this month. 1.80 should be there on the same day.

magawolaz

Made a couple COD gifs

i6l8PzEhrV58t.gif

iTiRWWJ0pCroW.gif

yep, it's CoD

Is it kinda weird that I'm hyped for just about everything they announced for vita? Even COD?

I'm not hyped about any of this. Cross buy might eventually affect me and it sounds good but I really don't buy first party titles.

I've had access to PS1 games for ages on my PSP.

I'm thinking about buying COD but I'm still on the fence.

Teknoman

I'm not hyped about any of this. Cross buy might eventually affect me and it sounds good but I really don't buy first party titles.

I've had access to PS1 games for ages on my PSP.

I'm thinking about buying COD but I'm still on the fence.

One benefit is that PS1 games will look much better and more vibrant here, and anything using dual sticks will work perfectly.

Arucardo

Yay PS One! I hope Xenogears gets supported soon, been wanting to play this and those horrible ps one era graphics won't look as bad on a Vita :p .

Sheik

Yes, yes, YES! PSone patch!

Damn, COD looks like hot garbage. Especially considering the $50 price tag. Killzone looks like it could be okay though.

patsu

Could somebody please explain what Playstation Mobile means for the Vita?

Will we get "android-games" on Vita?

Games written for PS Mobile platform can run on PS Certified hardware like Android devices and Vita.

Other Android games won't be able to run on Vita automagically. ^_^

Raine

Is anyone else's Search function terrible on the Playstation Store now? I search multiple titles that I know are on the store, just to test, and they don't show up now.

Sheik

Games written for PS Mobile platform can run on PS Certified hardware like Android devices and Vita.

Other Android games won't be able to run on Vita automagically. ^_^

Hmm. This might be interesting if there are some good exclusive games written for PS Mobile. Can't see that happening though. I don't have any interest in buying games that are already on iOS/Android. We shall seeee.

The great thing about PSM at least is that it means even more versatility for the Vita's library of playable games and even more games for the system that supposedly "HAS NO GAEMS!"

Edit: apologies for the double post, it's 5am and I could have sworn I hit the edit button rather than the reply button >_<

zroid

Banned
Actually interested in LBP Vita now. Mid September is bad timing for me, but I'll probably get it by the end of the year.

Skyzard

Banned
Seriously....wtf..3 games? All that wait and we get 3 supported titles? wtf is that shit.

4v4 doesn't bother me at all
more worrying is cod being a resistance clone. Although I haven't had a hands on with it yet but people weren't overjoyed with it on whole, particularly controls I remember. Cod has a specific feel though -.- lets see..

SORT OUT PS1 classics. At least 75% support day 1. wtf? really...

give you a decent chunk of awesome followed by some wtf intardation.

edit: I don't want to be a dick, but there is no chance that this was a US only thing? EU gets full list? We've had so many ps1 sales....whats going on :S

LuchaShaq

Banned
As someone with a vita this conference bummed me out.

Ps1? Can't think of a feature I care about less.

A game by media molecule? Not interested at all. Hate what was shown of it, fucking horrifically ugly artstyle.

An ugly Cod game for a handheld? ummm no thanks

Hopefully this means if I want to the vita I bought used after AC3:L and P4G I can make back most of my money.

Skyzard

Banned
Exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe Resistance Vita was a tech demo and that COD:BLOPSD will be more of an actual FPS game?

I know I'm chompin at the bits here but one can hope right?

No it's a good train of hope, I'll be adopting your thoughts...we'll get a better idea on bioshock then too I guess ... seems like a possibility though :(

PS1 though. Has to be a mistake, surely? Even on the EU blog "3 confirmed games" wtf? Lol? I want my money back for half of what I picked up. Just picked it up down the line if they ever make it. How much chance do you think N02 will be released this year :/ dafuq sony.

Problem with PSM is that the games can't take full advantage of the vita's power since it needs to run acceptably on all the products. I haven't heard of an option to make the PSM game Vita only. Still, I saw some decent examples that I will basically consider as upgraded minis. Can be good. But still, PSONE CLASSICS SONY fml lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom