• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So we even got video of COD abomination but still nothing from Vita ports of NFS Most Wanted and Sonic Racing,not good..not good at all.

Iacobellis

Can anyone tell me why downloads on the Vita are soooo slow? A 1.47GB demo should take about 20 minutes on my connection, not over an hour.

Skyzard

Banned
Seriously, it is just the psone support. Sonic, NFS and COD are still in the slightly-worry-about category but it's looking good otherwise (expecting they add folders and fix memory card issues (price and swapping).

But who is actually content [sensing too low a level of rage here] that they get to be spoon fed 2-3 psx games this month? Massive letdown and left a sour taste as you can tell :p

Madden Vita demo was kind of bad to be honest. The FPS was really choppy and slow during cutscenes, and as well all know, it was just Madden 12 ported to Vita. Good thing they put out that demo because I kind of wanted to buy it.

Madden Vita Demo

Courtesy of BLZER at Operation Sports.

Playing the demo now. Visuals are crisp, and that's the best way to put it. This is a very good thing. Framerate is at <= 30 FPS. Unlike The Show, there are also cut scenes.

The audio is suffering a bit, but I expect that to be from the demo. The commentary will get very distorted and a bit slow when there is a lot of action going on.

I have already noticed a fumble, handing the ball off to my WR. Went to the replay (manual replay, which this demo offers and is nice... no touchscreen features in replay though), and it looked clean.

Good job so far, EA!

EDIT: Custom hot routes with touchscreen are sick!

Skyzard

Banned
[Deleted before my mistake gives modnation rt positive cred.]

So I'll just leave this hurtful reminder at the top of our new page:

Infinite delay on full PS1 support.

So I got the Ps Vita cradle and it's nice but I'm worried about it charging all the time, does this vita just keep charging 24/7 while it's on the cradle?

Skilletor

Can anyone tell me why downloads on the Vita are soooo slow? A 1.47GB demo should take about 20 minutes on my connection, not over an hour.

I have super fast speeds on Vita. It takes about as long as you said to download exactly that for me.

My Vita DLs stuff /much/ faster than my ps3.

SMH at select PS1 games. That makes me worry we'll never see Vagrant Story and Xenogear. I've been looking forward to finally playing them. Oh well, FFVII is all that really matters.

Afrikan

I'm enjoying it as well...to be honest, Graphics are alot better than I was expecting..especially since they haven't shown to video what so ever this whole time..lol.

it runs fine during gameplay..but just like the o'l PS3 version, there is some slow down during play selection with the cutscene in the background. Nothing that bothers me too much, but I think they should just have a regular screen for play selection, with nothing in the background. I remember when the first Motorstorm game for the PS3 had a patch that changed its car selection screens from 3D rendered ones to 2D picture ones.

but important note, I believe the Fifa Demo earlier this year also had alittle slow down, BUT when the main game came out there was improvement.

so I expect this game to look and run better than it already does.....seriously, I can't believe I'm playing a next gen looking Madden in a handheld..I've been taking this Vita with me everywhere I've gone...leaving it in my trunk or in my back pocket. With finally Madden coming out...the main reason I bought this system is finally coming to fruition.

not my pics, but from another forum, will post these and the other ones in the other Madden thread.
madden-7.jpg
madden-6.jpg

Rasec

finally saw the sony conference and a lot was already said here so i won't be long.

Overall sony give way much attention to the vita compared to e3.
The psone thing only for a few games on the vita for now is really sad.
Cod kinda looks bad and didn't impress me.
Cross-play is cool and good move but me no ps3 so i can't say anything xP
Cew game tearaway looks cool but i guess will take a while until released.

No need for speed and sega all star is kinda sad but for sega i guess it might be very good since it's in the hands of the gorgeous virtual tennis 4 team.

Kinda curious they announced the price for the little big planet/PS Vita but for the COD/Vita bundle there's no price announced.

I'm enjoying it as well...to be honest, Graphics are alot better than I was expecting..especially since they haven't shown to video what so ever this whole time..lol.

it runs fine during gameplay..but just like the o'l PS3 version, there is some slow down during play selection with the cutscene in the background. Nothing that bothers me too much, but I think they should just have a regular screen for play selection, with nothing in the background. I remember when the first Motorstorm game for the PS3 had a patch that changed its car selection screens from 3D rendered ones to 2D picture ones.

but important note, I believe the Fifa Demo earlier this year also had alittle slow down, BUT when the main game came out there was improvement.

so I expect this game to look and run better than it already does.....seriously, I can't believe I'm playing a next gen looking Madden in a handheld..I've been taking this Vita with me everywhere I've gone...leaving it in my trunk or in my back pocket. With finally Madden coming out...the main reason I bought this system is finally coming to fruition.

not my pics, but from another forum, will post these and the other ones in the other Madden thread.

Cool, can't wait to get home and try it, my most anticipated game for the Vita. I'll give the infinity engine another year to ripen before I jump on board with the console version.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Mini's now appearing on Vita store:

• Susume Tactics
  • Alien Havoc & Bubble Trubble Bundle
  • Kaleidoscope

Anyone with experience with these? Susume looks kinda interesting, would be great if a pointer-driven game like it recieved an update for Vita controls...

PSP Game added to direct buy on Vita Store:
  • Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom
  • Majoe League Baseball 2k12

I find it kinda sad the Store update on the blog doesn't seem to mention ANY of that... :/

All these minis are on sale too, any of them on the Vita / worth getting?
  • Caterpillar – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
  • Dr. Maybee And The Adventures Of Scarygirl – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $3.99)
  • Gold Fever – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $$2.99)
  • Panda Craze – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
  • Rocks N’ Rockets – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
  • Shapo – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
  • Stick Man Rescue – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $3.99)

Kickbeat also apparently got a new Gamescon trailer. This game looks quite enjoyable to me.

[Deleted before my mistake gives modnation rt positive cred.]

So I'll just leave this hurtful reminder at the top of our new page:

Infinite delay on full PS1 support.

Is this confirmed somewhere by Sony -- both the blog posts on the 1.80 FW for EU and NA just say PSOne support. Those lists that came from other sites aren't being repeated or confirmed by Sony, are they?

Beast780

I'm enjoying the Madden demo, but I'm mainly a RPG and Sports gamer. Slow down during cut scenes is bad but gameplay was enjoyable. I've also ran into some audio issues where when there's a lot of stuff happening in screen the audio gets REALLY muddy, hopefully this is fixed for the retail game.

Rasec

Mini's now appearing on Vita store:

• Susume Tactics
  • Alien Havoc & Bubble Trubble Bundle
  • Kaleidoscope

Anyone with experience with these? Susume looks kinda interesting, would be great if a pointer-driven game like it recieved an update for Vita controls...

PSP Game added to direct buy on Vita Store:
  • Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom
  • Majoe League Baseball 2k12

I find it kinda sad the Store update on the blog doesn't seem to mention ANY of that... :/

All these minis are on sale too, any of them on the Vita / worth getting?
  • Caterpillar – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
  • Dr. Maybee And The Adventures Of Scarygirl – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $3.99)
  • Gold Fever – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $$2.99)
  • Panda Craze – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
  • Rocks N’ Rockets – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
  • Shapo – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
  • Stick Man Rescue – PS Mini (now $1.49, original price $3.99)

Kickbeat also apparently got a new Gamescon trailer. This game looks quite enjoyable to me.
Guess tomorrow in the europe psn update i might keep a good eye and see all the store to see if there's some cool update hidden xP

btw, kickbeat looks better than i expected. Like that kinda of gameplay now let's see what more they can do with the game.

Vossler

Ps1 support....Elation, followed by confusion, and now disappointment. Better crank these games out quick Sony, I want my Vagrant Story to be told.

Iacobellis

Already hating how choppy the Madden demo is. Not the silky smooth 60FPS we've had since 2008 or so and is just all around sluggish between choosing plays. Maybe next year, EA.

Grinchy

Banned
They also seem to have Unit 13 and possibly other Vita titles for $20. However, there is tax and shipping which will add to that total.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hmm...am I missing something or is Natsume's sales not up? =/

Just checked when I got home and it doesn't look like its up for me either. :(

A reply to question about this, on the PS blog for this weeks update:

That&#8217;s actually under the 8/21 update header, so you&#8217;ll be able to get that deal next week!

So there ya go. Natsume (Serious Fun) Sale next week! (only for PS+ Members, if I understand right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom