• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe Resistance Vita was a tech demo and that COD:BLOPSD will be more of an actual FPS game?

I know I'm chompin at the bits here but one can hope right?

Well if I was a developer and I needed to work on a Resistance game and a Call of Duty game at the same time I would be damn sure to put most of my effort into COD since it has the most sales potential

So you never know

kuroshiki

As someone with a vita this conference bummed me out.

Ps1? Can't think of a feature I care about less.

A game by media molecule? Not interested at all. Hate what was shown of it, fucking horrifically ugly artstyle.

An ugly Cod game for a handheld? ummm no thanks

Hopefully this means if I want to the vita I bought used after AC3:L and P4G I can make back most of my money.

This doesn't make any sense. So you have vita now, and you want to buy it used after AC3:L?

Skyzard

Banned
I missed the sly and ratchet footage, anything good? Links possibly? I didn't even know there was a new ratchet game for vita.

Awesome that we get sly and the others on PS3 for free with the vita version.

kuroshiki

No it's a good train of hope, I'll be adopting your thoughts...we'll get a better idea on bioshock then too I guess ... seems like a possibility though :(

PS1 though. Has to be a mistake, surely? Even on the EU blog "3 confirmed games" wtf? Lol? I want my money back for half of what I picked up. Just picked it up down the line if they ever make it. How much chance do you think N02 will be released this year :/ dafuq sony.

Problem with PSM is that the games can't take full advantage of the vita's power since it needs to run acceptably on all the products. I haven't heard of an option to make the PSM game Vita only. Still, I saw some decent examples that I will basically consider as upgraded minis. Can be good. But still, PSONE CLASSICS SONY fml lol

Dude chill. Vita has plenty of horse power to play PS1 games. Even lame ass android phone can run most of PS1 roms.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Cool announcements today. Not anything I'm particularly excited for (system has too many fpses and not enough rpgs) but I'm glad there's something there for current and prospective owners.

ccccccccccccombbboo buy

Not that I care about the PS3 version much, just a nice tiny cherry - not even got space on my ps3 these days.

The game looks WELL good though. Awesome art style, definitely grabbing this one on vita, hopefully looks impressive too.

I wonder if they will have two sets of trophies....

Tailer

I have a 32 gb card and I'm almost out of space... Sony MUST really make a 128 gb card for 99$, I will be downloading way to many games on the Vita for even a 64 gb to hold out till next year, guess I just have to replace games... that sucks :/.

I have a 32 gb card and I'm almost out of space... Sony MUST really make a 128 gb card for 99$, I will be downloading way to many games on the Vita for even a 64 gb to hold out till next year, guess I just have to replace games... that sucks :/.

No way in Hell we see a 128GB card anytime soon. Maybe a 64GB by next fall for $100.

Toki767

If PS+ on Vita supports cloud saving in a way that lets us transfer saves without having to backup the actual copy of games, I'm fine with deleting stuff. Otherwise, I need more storage.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Might as well sell it now. No use buying a system for 2 games you're interested in. Don't waste your time or money :/

Meh I bought it for 150 with a 16 gig card and 2 games that I ended up selling on amazon after playing with them for a handful of hours.

If I can get 100$ for it after playing p4g and AC3:L I'll be more than happy.

RpgN

Wow, they actually delivered this time. Tearaway looks fantastic. I had no idea Ratchet and Clank was coming on the Vita, was this known before?

iby1i4X9dzvE4g.gif

I WANT NAWWWW

nope. I never even knew this game was ANNOUNCED O__O

with Cross Buy!!!!!

Tratorn

Wow, they actually delivered this time. Tearaway looks fantastic. I had no idea Ratchet and Clank was coming on the Vita, was this known before?

Nope, it was only announced for ps3 before.
Now you even get the other version even for free. :)

"Cross Buy" rocks, hopefully it'll be supported by enough titles.

FFX HD would be awesome, but SE will probably never do this.

I'd imagine it's ALMOST exclusive to first party titles.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Cross buy on ratchet and clank and sly is great. I don't think many people would likely double dip, so they aren't necessarily losing money. Instead they might press home a sale for people on the fence, like me. Being able to play on either screen and carry on on the other is really good. I'm assuming they have cloud saving somehow

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Say, has anyone ever checked if the PSP Minis Pinball Heroes bundles work with Vita when transferred from PS3?

Trigger

I thought that was coming? Was it just rumors?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ditto. I can't wait to start making papercraft versions of what I find in the game!

No date was given.

How does the papercraft work?

For the PS1 games, ado you think there will be any way to transfer a save game from PS3? Wonder if this means the EU might get a few more titles? (parappa would be nice)

And no news about an improved remote play quality and/or more ps3 games supporting it?

It seems like it would have to be reserved for DD only (Cross-Buy)

Otherwise, I'd buy the PS3 game, download the Vita game, sell the PS3 game.

Vita game for about $15-20, easy

Very good conference by Sony. But i have to say that those SCEJ PSN titles should be on PS3 and Vita. I am disappointed of how Sony let these SCEJ titles not be on Vita.

Twinduct

Really happy with the conference. Also just saw the AC Liberation trailer and kinda floored how decent it looks for a third party game.

Now I need to finish some of the games I already own :/

This doesn't make any sense. So you have vita now, and you want to buy it used after AC3:L?

I think he was trying to convey "oh, I'll sell the Vita I bought used after I play AC3L and P4G cause there's nothing else I'm interested in".

BBCS2E is dropped to $25 on the US store.

Shinriji

Very good conference by Sony. But i have to say that those SCEJ PSN titles should be on PS3 and Vita. I am disappointed of how Sony let these SCEJ titles not be on Vita.

Pupetteer looks like it's running on the LBP2 engine, but Rain could work on the Vita.

I'm just happy that the Japan side of Sony isn't dead. Soul Sacrifice, Pupeteer, Tokyo Jungle and Rain looks like solid games.

arimanius

It seems like it would have to be reserved for DD only (Cross-Buy)

Otherwise, I'd buy the PS3 game, download the Vita game, sell the PS3 game.

Vita game for about $15-20, easy

I would think so as well. If it was a physical copy and they had a paper insert that had the Vita code on it then people would sell those on Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom