• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

branny

1yVs5.gif

none of my ps1 game bubbles show up for xfer to the vita

what am i doing wrong

edit: nvm i had to turn off my vita and turn it back on again for some reason

Skyzard

Banned
It's working!!! SO FAST!!

branny, you needed the INSTALLATION file - not the game files.

you can remap any button! this is just a wicked emulator

Cloudy

Banned
If you have a best buy around, they are doing double trade ins. Last I checked, Uncharted GA was $11, so you'd get $22 for it. I traded in a bunch of PS3/Vita games and walked out with $160 worth of PC gear, haha. The cashier told me the deal was going until the 1st btw.

I went down to BB and traded 3 games in for $102. I also did the gamer's club thing for a $20 gc with Madden preorder. Not bad

zroid

Banned
Gonna pour one out for you Vita owners in North America without a PS3.

EDIT: DAMMIT, the Store is still touch only. Sigh...

Raine

The great thing is I didn't have to re-download it (FF7) from the Playstation store. I'm just copying from the install bubble I left there from months ago. Hopefully it works

branny

My PS1 installation bubbles weren't showing up for transfer with my PS3 until I turned my Vita off and on (after already doing that with the 1.80 update), so try that if you're running into trouble like I was.

EDIT: DAMMIT, the Store is still touch only. Sigh...
Yeah, it seems like the button navigation will just be useful for people who want to boot up PSP games without smudging their screen. =\

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
My PS1 installation bubbles weren't showing up for transfer with my PS3 until I turned my Vita off and on (after already doing that with the 1.80 update), so try that if you're running into trouble like I was.
I was just going to try the same thing. I hope Klonoa works. Please make Klonoa work.

Lucent

Yeah the bubble/install file thing is true. I experienced this with the PS Minis when trying to install them from PS3 to vita. Installed minis on PS3 don't transfer to vita. Only the bubbles to install the Minis transferred. So yeah, kind of a hassle. Probably won't be any other way to do it until they put all PSOne games to be directly downloaded from the store. =/

Raine

Does copying over an install automatically copy over the save file as well, for anyone else?

Wow FF7 looks so much better on here than it does on remote play. Quality wise I mean

Ran rp

There's no way to transfer PS1 games from PC without downloading them from PS3/Vita first, right? Someone see how Content Manager stores the games!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
The first thing I did once my PS1 games transferred was boot up Klonoa. It's beautiful, and I accidentally deleted my save file. :(

Ran rp

"That’s pathetic, if I were as incompetant at my job as you guys in the handheld department at SCEA I would have been fired long ago. Seriously you guys had over half a year to get everything prepared for this and you still screw up. Not to mention that SCEE have announced pretty much all their PSOne Classics as being available for download when this update is up over there.
So really there’s no excuse for this and you all should be ashamed for this lackluster effort on your part."

Grinchy

Banned
We all have our own tastes, but I'm really surprised that people wanted to use buttons to control the UI. I feel like it's so fast and intuitive to just touch the exact thing you want instead of navigating over to it one button press at a time.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
We all have our own tastes, but I'm really surprised that people wanted to use buttons to control the UI. I feel like it's so fast and intuitive to just touch the exact thing you want instead of navigating over to it one button press at a time.
I'll still use the touchscreen to move between pages and open bubbles, but I like being able to hit X to open up an application from the LiveArea.

R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 and Resident Evil 2 are both transferable in US. Gonna download some more in a bit. It's strange that these didn't show up when I tried a few minutes ago.

zroid

Banned

too many muscles required to move those thumbs all over the screen

f that
:p

In reality I'll probably use a combination of touch and buttons.

branny

Yeah, I don't get why some stuff didn't show up for me at first, either.

Gonna spend the rest of the night trying to figure out what I want to buy now. :p

DMeisterJ

Banned
Stealth update:

Exiting and entering the friends app again doesn't make you sit through the "connecting to PSN" or whatever screens anymore.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm a bit surprised that the options to use buttons to navigate menus and the rear touchpad to navigate the browser aren't on by default. If I didn't know they were there, I wouldn't have searched through the settings to turn them on.

VanWinkle

I'm a bit surprised that the options to use buttons to navigate menus and the rear touchpad to navigate the browser aren't on by default. If I didn't know they were there, I wouldn't have searched through the settings to turn them on.

It's actually bizarre that they aren't. I can't thank of a single conceivable reason to not have it on by default (since you can use either buttons or touch with the option enabled). It seems like such a stupid move.

Raine

Stealth update:

Exiting and entering the friends app again doesn't make you sit through the "connecting to PSN" or whatever screens anymore.

Megaton

Seriously

And hurray to small notification bubbles and the notification center taking up the entire screen now

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Which is really stupid because Sony needs to understand that some people don't read their updates and/or want these options on by default instead of digging through the options. At least having them on by default has people check the options screen to turn them off after a bit. :/

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
It's actually bizarre that they aren't. I can't thank of a single conceivable reason to not have it on by default (since you can use either buttons or touch with the option enabled). It seems like such a stupid move.
I actually thought that by having them not on by default, those controls overrode the preexisting control scheme. It's really strange.

Which is really stupid because Sony needs to understand that some people don't read their updates and/or want these options on by default instead of digging through the options. At least having them on by default has people check the options screen to turn them off after a bit. :/
You should add me on PSN.

VanWinkle

Stealth update:

Oh thank goodness.

Another one for us with the 3G model who don't use the 3G plan: "No Signal" no longer displays in the notification bar.

Edit: Another one: notifications pop-ups aren't as big anymore. Megaton.

patsu

I am wary of button control in home screen because I am afraid some random combo of button presses will quit my unsaved game. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom