• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varion

Thought this would finally be my chance to play FF7 with a decent analog stick (PS3 is d-pad only, PSP you can remap so it does but the nub is thumb pain, PSP go with PS3 pad you can't remap at all). But nope. You can only map the d-pad buttons, face buttons and triggers. Can't believe they actually took that out from the PSP. Unless it's some top secret option I'm missing.

One day I'll actually get to replay this thing. One day.

oldmario

I'm assuming that the games will need to be in install/bubble form in order for them to be transfered over from the PS3?

yep like psp/psv/minis

Aso sony made me happy and quickly mad at the same time, you still have to start the game up wait a couple minutes close it down and copy the save into a memorycard created for the game >_>

branny

He said the screenshot option was part of the Vita PSX menu.
Check there.
I looked inside all the touch menu options (Controller Settings, Memory Card Utility, Other Settings, and Reset Game) but couldn't find anything for screenshots.

I'm just confused. :lol

Massa

The "No Signal" message is gone from my 3G Vita, thank god! This is like the Vita version of the clock fix.

The browser also seems much better, redraws being faster and all.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Only game I could get to transfer over was Castlevania Chronicles. I have a couple install bubbles and I even tried downloading Crash 1 again but that wouldn't transfer either.

I tried restarting my Vita/PS3 and still no go.

Eh, maybe I'm missing something, I'll trying fucking with it some more after work tomorrow.

Takao

Banned
I looked inside all the touch menu options (Controller Settings, Memory Card Utility, Other Settings, and Reset Game) but couldn't find anything for screenshots.

I'm just confused. :lol

he must've lied to us only explanation for why klonoa has a capcom copyright

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Notifications looks the same to me? Not sure what you mean outside of them adding a "bubble" marker like a comic book to show it's coming from that. Or maybe that was there in the previous firmware update and I didn't notice since I have only had the hardware for a day.

CLEEK

Quick non-ps1 question here but...
is there a good guide/procedure for cleaning off the vita screen and/or buttons

Go to an opticians and buy a microfibre cloth and lens cleaning spray (the stuff I have is 1% Butyl Cellosolve).

Spray and wipe. I use this on all my portable devices, TV and laptop. Works a treat with no damage, just a perfectly clear screen.

Wonko_C

We all have our own tastes, but I'm really surprised that people wanted to use buttons to control the UI. I feel like it's so fast and intuitive to just touch the exact thing you want instead of navigating over to it one button press at a time.

I don't like to leave finger smudges on my screen, or at least as less as possible so this new control method is a blessing to me. :)

branny

Well, you can't unlock the screen with buttons so you still have to smudge it a little. Kinda sad about that. =\

he must've lied to us only explanation for why klonoa has a capcom copyright
Either his system glitched or he ended up with a super secret dev firmware.

Haha, yeah, that is bizzare. So nobody else is able to take screenshots on their PS1 games?
How exactly did you take that screen? D:

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, this is new or seems to be to me: New downloaded stuff from the store when installed will bob up and down to let you know it's the new thing. Dunno about multiples just yet but...

Jamix012

So hey, I've discovered a little trick to get the Megaman (and other import) PS games on your vita without a PS3 (for people like me).

Download Media Go on your computer
Buy Megaman 2 (or the import game you want)
Don't download it on your PC
Go to your PSN store on your Vita
Check your downloads
Download Megaman 2 directly to your Vita

I'm going to try and download The Legend of Dragoon via Media Go to my computer and then transfer it to the the Vita via the content manager. Will let people know how this goes.

VanWinkle

Well, you can't unlock the screen with buttons so you still have to smudge it a little. Kinda sad about that. =\

Either his system glitched or he ended up with a super secret dev firmware.

How exactly did you take that screen? D:

I was playing the game. I held my finger on the touch screen until the menu pops up. The first option in the menu is "Screenshot". I tap that, the game "pauses" (not like the pause menu but more like a freeze) and it said "Would you like to take a screenshot of this area?" with a little thumbnail. I hit "yes" and it saved it.

On the PSP PS1 emulator, only certain PS1 games allowed screenshots. I'm sure that carried over to the Vita emulator.

I had no idea that you could take screenshots of PS1 games on PSP.

Takao

Banned
So hey, I've discovered a little trick to get the Megaman (and other import) PS games on your vita without a PS3 (for people like me).

Download Media Go on your computer
Buy Megaman 2 (or the import game you want)
Don't download it on your PC
Go to your PSN store on your Vita
Check your downloads
Download Megaman 2 directly to your Vita

I'm going to try and download The Legend of Dragoon via Media Go to my computer and then transfer it to the the Vita via the content manager. Will let people know how this goes.

MediaGo doesn't work with Vita.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yeah, it seems like the import PSX games can be directly downloaded on NA Vitas.
Weird.

Except for the delisted titles.
They're not even on my Vita download list. Wth....

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It's amazing how Vagrant Story is pretty much the best looking game on Playstation, such a technical masterpiece, and the game's only 90mb.

I had no idea that you could take screenshots of PS1 games on PSP.

Yeah, the first time I saw the option was when I bought Cyberbots. I was like WTF! o_O

Hmm, let's see what watermark shows up for Cyberbots! LOL

qJGRR.png

Game is sexy looking on this screen!

branny

On the PSP PS1 emulator, only certain PS1 games allowed screenshots. I'm sure that carried over to the Vita emulator.
Okay, the mystery of screenshots is solved. I had no idea you could do that with some of the PSone games on PSP since I just used custom firmware with universal screenshot functionality whenever I wanted to take captures.

I was playing the game. I held my finger on the touch screen until the menu pops up. The first option in the menu is "Screenshot". I tap that, the game "pauses" (not like the pause menu but more like a freeze) and it said "Would you like to take a screenshot of this area?" with a little thumbnail. I hit "yes" and it saved it.
Thanks, this was very descriptive. I'm sorry for making you type it all out. :(

Kazerei

Banned
Man, I really hate the bubble shape Sony decided to go with. The square PSP and PS1 icons slapped onto bubbles just looks terrible. Nothing wrong with sticking to a good ol' square grid.

Raine

Dat FF7 blue menu screen @_@

Man, I really hate the bubble shape Sony decided to go with. The square PSP and PS1 icons slapped onto bubbles just looks terrible. Nothing wrong with sticking to a good ol' square grid.

I actually don't mind the PS1 bubbles that much. They're a whiter shade. The PSP ones just look terrible though.

zroid

Banned
goddamn you, Sony, for making me re-download these games :|

a guy's only got so much bandwidth/time/patience/rage suppression

Ran rp

All videos now have a thumbnail in the videos app. We need to make a list of all the unannounced updates and changes.

Edit: I don't like how tiny the notification are :|

mauaus

Ive been playing BF4 on my android phone on an emulator, the save file is a mcd, any way to transfer that save file by converting it or something and continue playing on my vitA?

Kinda sad that with rear pad support in the browser, you can't zoom in on things. That's still front touch only. ):

PSY・S;41479003 said:
Edit: I don't like how tiny the notification are :|

I agree! nobody else does ;_;

I do like the look of them, though. They look a lot more slick.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Fiiiiiiiinnnnallly.

7878071300_41557bd8ac_c.jpg

It's now midnight. I have to be up for work in six hours. Ugh. Good night and good luck.

Tizoc

Heh good thing I told my bro to get a 32 GB off the bat...shame I didn't tell him to call me before buying his Vita tho, I mean UMvC3?
Hopefully US PSN will have a Vita sale in coming weeks I wanna fill that 32GB with some goodness.
ATM I'm playing the PSP game Crimson Gem Saga, so far a normal JRPG, but the dialog is really good
getting a Time Bomb from a chest in an INN made me lol
, music is good too.
Alas my bro's leaving for UK so he'll be taking the Vita with him in a couple of weeks. No biggy as I can still access my US PSN account to get him goodies...too bad he has zilch knowledge of video game titles and franchises =V

Oh and touching+holding a section of the screen while playing a PSP or PSX game brings up the options huh? Was wondering how you access those lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom