• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
thank the lord

...hmm

Here is a list of PSone Classics titles that will be available for download on 8/28:
Arc the Lad
Cool Boarders 2
FINAL FANTASY VII
Hot Shots Golf 2
Jet Moto
Syphon Filter
Tomb Raider
Twisted Metal 2
Wild Arms

That's poor, very poor.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
OMG I hope that list is a mistake. >_<
If the list is real, I hope that the key word is download and there are still a ton of other titles available via transfer. Please. I redownloaded Klonoa, Breath of Fire IV, and Front Mission 3. One of them needs to work.

I don't even own any games from that list.

MooMoo

I have a question. Let's say I do a backup to PC. Then I delete some stuff/install some new things on my PS Vita memory card. When I perform that second backup, what exactly happens? Are the stuff I deleted from the memory card still on my PC? Or does the content manager do a full erase of whatever I previously backupped and then perform the second backup (thereby permanently losing the stuff I deleted)?

hwy_61

Banned
Dude... Thank you so much for recommending these. Just bought them and they arrived today. They are surprisingly loud! I had to turn it down from my previous level I used for my other headphones. The sound quality is great and they are hella comfortable! Only $5!! The model number is RP-HJE120 in case anyone else is looking for them.

Haha, no problem bro. Why pay a ton when you can be happy with $5 headphones, right?

lowrider007

Piss take seriously, I have a bad feeling they are going to stagger out the compatibility, I was under the impression the FW added native PSX emulation to the Vita and it was a just a case of getting the games up in the Vita store.

Takao

Banned
Piss take seriously, I have a bad feeling they are going to stagger out the compatibility, I was under the impression the FW added native PSX emulation to the Vita and it was a just a case of getting the games up in the Vita store.

In the video they said they are releasing them every week for Vita. It's a lazy ass tact to give the appearance that new things are added to the Vita store every week. They've been doing it with PSP titles too. You'd think they wouldn't do it with PS1 titles given they're no where near the entire PSP library on PSN being downloadable from the Vita store.

Andrefpvs

mFCvE.png

S782Z.png

yeJjV.png

hwy_61

Banned
Oh wow, what a disappointment. I hope at least they release 8-10 a week, and not pull the bullshit Nintendo does on the eshop.

lowrider007

In the video they said they are releasing them every week for Vita. It's a lazy ass tact to give the appearance that new things are added to the Vita store every week. They've been doing it with PSP titles too. You'd think they wouldn't do it with PS1 titles given they're no where near the entire PSP library on PSN being downloadable from the Vita store.

So what about the PSX games we've bought and have on our PS3, can we not just transfer them across using content manager?, or do we have to wait until Sony put them on the Vita store?

Teknoman

That cant be the full list, especially since its...well the same games shown before on the old E3 presentation?

Why is everyone so set on getting the PS1 version of SotN. You can already get it as part of Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles.

Not without borders you cant. Besides, you cant change the dub back to the old school one...right?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just dropping by this thread to say if I can't play Final Fantasy IX this week on my Vita, someone is gonna pay...

thank the lord

...hmm

Here is a list of PSone Classics titles that will be available for download on 8/28:
Arc the Lad
Cool Boarders 2
FINAL FANTASY VII
Hot Shots Golf 2
Jet Moto
Syphon Filter
Tomb Raider
Twisted Metal 2
Wild Arms

All of my rage...

Skyzard

Banned
So what about the PSX games we've bought and have on our PS3, can we not just transfer them across using content manager?, or do we have to wait until Sony put them on the Vita store?

That's what I'm waiting to find out (when the update lands) as well as possibly being an incomplete list.

Takao

Banned

I honestly won't be surprised if all the PS1 games work via transfer tomorrow.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Why is everyone so set on getting the PS1 version of SotN. You can already get it as part of Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles.
For people who don't want to play Dracula X, it's cheaper, you don't need to unlock it in game, and there are more emulation options via the PS1 emulator than there are in Dracula X.

spannicus

Sony fucking sucks seriously the way they handle the Vita is ridiculous. If this system dies its all their fault. Psp 32 player multilayer, better UI, all PSone classics, homebrew etc. Vita....Shit.

branny

Maybe he meant Castlevania Chronicles instead of SotN. And the one in Dracula X is actually slightly different than the PS1 version if you're super picky. :p

also what Teknoman and lunch said

This whole "drip feed" nonsense has got to stop. PSP had everything available from jump. They delayed PS1 support for almost a year and they have 8 games ready!? I will still try to transfer from PS3... But even if that does work, it sucks for people who only have a Vita and no PS3.

Trevelyan

Banned
Where did the photo come from? It has Syphon filter 2, yet only SF1 is announced. Does this confirm most games will be available, just via transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom