• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
You can now use the touchscreen as buttons when playing PSP games, and map more buttons to the right stick.

Wow that is great news! Really fantastic update, just bought some more games..although I'm trying to hold off for potential sales.

for people thinking about downloading from other stores - when you try and connect your vita to the ps3 to transfer it using content manager - it says you aren't connected to the right id...aka region lock on ps1 :(

ZeroAKA

I've never been able to connect my Vita to my PS3, let alone PS3 transfer. Is anyone else getting the "Cannot connect to PS3" error?

I'm adding some games that are showing up in my download list:

Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
Mega Man 1-4
Arcade Hits: Sonic Wings Special
Money Idol Exchanger
Arcade Hits: Shienryu
Cho Aniki

If a game doesn't work, don't rule it out yet! I'm going to test the Crash games now and see if I can get them to show up.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I kinda want to...but for 100 bucks? Ugh at least I wouldnt complain...AS much...if it was at least 50.
That's how I feel, but if I don't buy a memory card and transfer all of my PS1 games now, I won't have access to my PS1 games until November.

raven777

Can anyone confirm if you have to now format your memory card to change your Vita region?

Also did they fix the problem where the image quality decreases when you set an image as a wallpaper/

VanWinkle

Testing screenshot function of PS1 games on Vita (another bizarre choice by Sony to make it a part of the contextual menu rather than the hardware button combo used by the OS and Vita games).

A1WoPDTCQAAadcS.png

At least it works at all, which is cool. Game looks fantastic on Vita, btw.

KillerAJD

Can anyone confirm if you have to now format your memory card to change your Vita region?

Also did they fix the problem where the image quality decreases when you set an image as a wallpaper/

You never had to format the memory card, just the system information. When it asks to format the memory card, tell it no. Obviously, you won't be able to use the stuff for the other account, but you won't have to redownload it, and you won't lose your saves if they are tied to the bubbles.

*Edit* Wait, I misunderstood you. I don't know if you now need to now, although I don't know why they would change that, unless they really don't like their customers, haha.

qcf x2

How did they manage to fuck this up? Do they have two people in the entire company working on the Vita stuff? I'd be mad if I was one of those people who felt backwards compatibility was a selling point for a new system. I'm not. I just want Chrono Cross and nothing more but jeez, it doesn't take much to emulate PSX games.

At this point I'll have P4G before Chrono Cross, lol.

raven777

You never had to format the memory card, just the system information. When it asks to format the memory card, tell it no. Obviously, you won't be able to use the stuff for the other account, but you won't have to redownload it, and you won't lose your saves if they are tied to the bubbles.

*Edit* Wait, I misunderstood you. I don't know if you now need to now, although I don't know why they would change that, unless they really don't like their customers, haha.

Because I heard from someone who changes region regularly that after the firmware update he had to now format the memory card to change region.

Takao

Banned
Testing screenshot function of PS1 games on Vita (another bizarre choice by Sony to make it a part of the contextual menu rather than the hardware button combo used by the OS and Vita games).

A1WoPDTCQAAadcS.png

Klonoa... Capcom?! Wut

fernoca

A1WoPDTCQAAadcS.png

Capcom? Or am I not getting the joke? :p

Andrefpvs

A1WoPDTCQAAadcS.png

Oh wow, you can take screenshots of PS1 games on Vita? That's pretty cool if true, I'll be using this a lot.

Lucent

Transferred Breath of Fire IV and Vagrant Story successfully. US versions.

EDIT: Final Fantasy V wasn't recognized. =l

Raine

My TV died last night so I can't use my PS3.

SCEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This might seem strange...but you actually don't need your TV. Use remote play to download, and everything that has to do with the transferring is done on the Vita screen.

EDIT: err, that's if you already have remote play setup :x

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So whats the best display setting for PS1 games? Normal?

I guess full causes stretching?

I use Original on the OG PSP. But you might find that too small/postage stamp sized. Normal blows it up like an old TV would from the 400x320 ratio the PSX was. Anything else blows it up/destroys the aspect ratio too much and cuts things off too much for my taste.

Teknoman

I use Original on the OG PSP. But you might find that too small/postage stamp sized. Normal blows it up like an old TV would from the 400x320 ratio the PSX was. Anything else blows it up/destroys the aspect ratio too much and cuts things off too much for my taste.

Yeah I think i'll just use normal. Full looks too stretched with the PSvita's large screen.

BOF IV and Alundra work btw.

Beckx

Darkstalkers, Symphony of the Night, Castlevania Chronicles, and Parasite Eve all appeared in the transfer list and worked.

Darkstalkers 3 will not appear in the list. Hrm.

All in all, though, this has been a roller coaster today. Confusion, disappointment, and joy. Sony.

branny

Press the PS button and Start button at the same time.
Yeah, but what about the whole "You cannot take a screenshot of this screen" thing? What was the bit about "making it a part of the contextual menu"? Where's that? And where did the Capcom watermark come from?

??

Quick

Banned
Yeah, but what about the whole "You cannot take a screenshot of this screen" thing? What was the bit about "making it a part of the contextual menu"? Where's that? And where did the Capcom watermark come from?

??

I can also tell you the truth about the moon landing, and the Coca Cola recipe, BUT I WON'T.

Didn't know the screenshot feature was disabled.

VanWinkle

??

Hold down the screen. The first option on the top is "Screenshot" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom