• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

Why not play MGS HD on the Vita ?

While it works well for FF7 so far, the PS1 emulation will need time to mature for all games.

Why not play MGS HD on the Vita ?

While it works well for FF7 so far, the PS1 emulation will need time to mature for all games.

If you're talking about the MGS Collection, I don't think the Vita version comes with MGS1... PS3 version comes with a download voucher, I believe? If that at all.

Skyzard

Banned
The PS1 BC is not great based on MGS, occasional loading hangs (it displays a little loading disc icon), and the audio/visuals get out of sync frequently. Disappointing.

I've read something like that somewhere else and was wondering if (hoping) you had "fast-load" enabled? [Disc speed]

StuBurns

Banned
I've read something like that somewhere else and was wondering if (hoping) you had "fast-load" enabled?
Tried it with and without, doesn't fix it. I have 'normal' size and filtering on.

Kind of irrelevant, but the MGS1 thing with the HD Collection is in Japan, MGS2/3 were sold as a single disc on PS3/360, because Peace Walker got a solo release, the MGS2/3 disc for PS3 came with a code for 1 on PSN, Peace Walker on PS3 came with a code for PW PSP.

Kind of irrelevant, but the MGS1 thing with the HD Collection is in Japan, MGS2/3 were sold as a single disc on PS3/360, because Peace Walker got a solo release, the MGS2/3 disc for PS3 came with a code for 1 on PSN, Peace Walker on PS3 came with a code for PW PSP.

The more you know. Thanks.

Wish I could help you out, though. =(

Skyzard

Banned
That is worrying...it is a pretty major ps1 title so I would imagine they will get to fixing it...but yeah does suck!

I was planning on getting back to it in a little while as I got plenty of mgs loving in the recent vita collection. But you would have thought they would have tested mgs properly :S perhaps dodgy download? tried restarting the vita fully? ---- (chinatown (gta on psp) gives me issues from standby on vita)...bit of a longshot, sorry!

I heard about slowdowns in FF9 too..

demigod

Does Jim Sterling not know that Apple products have firmware updates, and there is no piracy scene on Vita? lol He's right to criticize SCEA for this god fucking awful treatment of the platform thus far, but criticizing the entire company, as well as bringing in random things is just a tad unwarranted.

I can't fucking stand the update badges in iOS.

Vitacat

How long is it supposed to take to copy a 1.4GB game from PC to Vita?

Just to test things, I copied my PSN version of Gravity Rush to PC, then deleted it from my Vita, then copied it back to Vita from PC. The game worked fine and my savegame data was intact. It took about 10 or 11 minutes to copy back to Vita.

Seems kinda slow. Is that normal?

ALSO: can we backup saves from retail carts?

Carl

How long is it supposed to take to copy a 1.4GB game from PC to Vita?

Just to test things, I copied my PSN version of Gravity Rush to PC, then deleted it from my Vita, then copied it back to Vita from PC. It took about 10 or 11 minutes to copy back to PC.

Seems kinda slow. Is that normal?

I did a full (15GB) backup this week, took me over 3 hours. Yep.

zroid

Banned
Are there no global leaderboards in Lumines? I've beaten all my friends already and it's lonely at the top, lol. I don't think any of them still play either.

If anyone who still plays it wants to add me, please do. (let me know in here too, or else I might reject/ignore you by mistake! PSN is same as my name here, btw)

cjkeats

Incase someone missed it, fake Kaz pulled a good one.
XDefm.jpg

I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard.

CLEEK

I didn't play it long enough to find any emulation issues in MGS1. The thing that prevented me putting any time into it is the horrid mapping of L2/R2 to the rear touch pad.

It means I can never find the sweet spot when I need to, and the rest of the time, I'm pressing them by accident.

Due to how little its been used, and when it is used, its always for the worst, the rear touch panel is a complete dud of an idea. My number 1 hope for the next firmware is that L2/R2/L3/R3 can be mapped to the left or right sticks, as per the PSP. As is, it really makes some PSone games unplayable on the Vita.

Sh0k

Today I bought used copies of Lumines and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Both of the games have an update in the live area but after trying to download the updates, the downloads won't start. When I press the download icon again, it says that is currently downloading and to check the progress in the notification list but when I go to the notification list, none of the downloads are listed.

Any ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks !

patsu

Today I bought used copies of Lumines and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Both of the games have an update in the live area but after trying to download the updates, the downloads won't start. When I press the download icon again, it says that is currently downloading and to check the progress in the notification list but when I go to the notification list, none of the downloads are listed.

Wait some more. Check the Wifi settings.

Perhaps try with a different Wifi hotspot if things still don't work out.

Quick

Banned

Weird. Have you tried turning it off/on again?

I didn't play it long enough to find any emulation issues in MGS1. The thing that prevented me putting any time into it is the horrid mapping of L2/R2 to the rear touch pad.

It means I can never find the sweet spot when I need to, and the rest of the time, I'm pressing them by accident.

Due to how little its been used, and when it is used, its always for the worst, the rear touch panel is a complete dud of an idea. My number 1 hope for the next firmware is that L2/R2/L3/R3 can be mapped to the left or right sticks, as per the PSP. As is, it really makes some PSone games unplayable on the Vita.

I think the mapping of l2/r2 is perfect. Works great every time I play.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really wish we could take screenshots in PSX and PSP games. Y U NO ALLOW, Sony. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They do, actually. Some Capcom games let you do it, in fact. It's up to the publishers.

Yes, I know. But that's not the point. The point is: PSP2 games/apps all have a universal screen-dump function of start+PS button. But that same screendump isn't allowed in PSP1/PSX games. I don't care if it's a license issue, it should be universal damn it. :|

KalBalboa

Banned
Yes, I know. But that's not the point. The point is: PSP2 games/apps all have a universal screen-dump function of start+PS button. But that same screendump isn't allowed in PSP1/PSX games. I don't care if it's a license issue, it should be universal damn it. :|

Well, start emailing the publishers then and maybe you'll get a response or two. Some PS3 games that support it surprised me, in fact. Ghostbusters let you do screen caps in-game.

Diebuster

screw the final boss in Mortal Kombat.... been trying for 4+ hours to beat him on easy.... fuck this... so much rage.. any tips?

Spam projectiles, and when he taunts, move in for an easy uppercut or x-ray special if you've got it. It's a cheap strategy, but he's a cheap boss.

Skyzard

Banned
So I know a whole bunch is out next month, and apparently Zen Pinball 2 for NA at least is dropping tomorrow, but is there anything else to look forward to that's on vita this month? Other than some additional ps1 titles that is.

Anyone have a good site they'd recommend to check?

Just remembered at least LBP is this month.

Sonic and Sega All stars transformed
SFxT
Persona 4
Sine Mora
NFS Most Wanted
Guacamelee

Any of those perhaps? Seems like we'll be waiting a while longer for RCR too...annoying that he has a release date but wont announce -.-

So I know a whole bunch is out next month, and apparently Zen Pinball 2 for NA at least is dropping tomorrow, but is there anything else to look forward to that's on vita this month? Other than some additional ps1 titles that is.

Anyone have a good site they'd recommend to check?

Just remembered at least LBP is this month.

Treasure Park tomorrow and New Little King's Story should be out this month. Fifa 13, too.

Aha not bad, haven't seen much of New Little King's Story yet either - will youtube, thanks.
No problem.

What does Treasure Park do ?

I have no clue, but the PSBlog says:

Treasure Park is a puzzle-based app that enables you to connect with friends and other PS Vita owners. Using the near application and 3G or Wi-Fi, you can create and find your own puzzles to play, as well as set bombs and traps for your friends to find or try to avoid. Wherever you are, you will have the ability to team up with friends to earn high scores.

So make puzzles, put them on Near, and share with friends via game goods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom