• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I guess it's just plain slow.
The chief reason it's as slow as it is has more to do with the encryption/decryption Sony's using on the game files for security than memory card or USB speeds, I suspect. The Vita processor is powerful, but they're using hardcore, encryption and doing it all on the Vita, and that costs processing time.

tzare

Does MGS PO still not work on vita? with this MGS Ground zeroes thing and now playing HD collection i can see that one as the only i have yet to play because of the controls and i guess the camera could be mapped to second analog on vita.

sony TGS line up

http://andriasang.com/con2kc/sony_tgs_lineup/

PS Vita Zone:

Malicious Rebirth
Picotto Knight
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanjo
Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua]
Legend of Heroes Zoer no Kiseki Evolution
Street Fighter x Tekken
Atelier Totori Plus
Nobunaga no Yabou with Powerup Kit
Silent Hill Book of Memories
DJ Max Technika Tune
Phantasy Star Online 2
Soul Sacrifice
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal
Sound Shape
Earth Defense Forces 3 Portable
Ys Celceta Sea of Trees
Assassin's Creed III Lady Liberty
Little Battler eXperience W

playable on the show floor

What I wouldn't give for Nobunaga & EDF localizations

StuBurns

Banned
Does MGS PO still not work on vita? with this MGS Ground zeroes thing and now playing HD collection i can see that one as the only i have yet to play because of the controls and i guess the camera could be mapped to second analog on vita.
I have PO installed on Vita, I've never launched it, but I assumed if it installed, it'd work. Are there many games like that?

Sh0k

Got this $10. off from any pre-owned purchase of $29.99 or more at Gamestop promo code from CAG yesterday . Is a promotion with Simon Mall and Coke, code EBC3034713 or you can text any Coca Cola picture with the subject GAME to 74666 to get the same code.

Got Lumines and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 to complete my Vita game collection, for around $20. each after the discount.

Here is the link to the CAG thread

CAG

tzare

I tried it with the release of 1.80 and no joy... :(

:( it would have been great that kojima(or sony if only fw related) had thought about it and made all PSN MGS games Vita compatible for this 25th anniversary . Such a pitty. I will have to youtube the plot or something so i do not miss anything for Ground zeroes

Kacho

I purchased 4 games on the Vita for a whopping total of $60 a couple days ago and now it won't let me buy more games or add funds to my wallet. It gives me the np-2244-2 error.

How long do I need to wait for this to go away? From what I read, Sony has a system in place that will lock additional purchases if they suspect suspicious activity.

Vitacat

The chief reason it's as slow as it is has more to do with the encryption/decryption Sony's using on the game files for security than memory card or USB speeds, I suspect. The Vita processor is powerful, but they're using hardcore, encryption and doing it all on the Vita, and that costs processing time.

That makes sense, thanks.

Got this $10. off from any pre-owned purchase of $29.99 or more at Gamestop promo code from CAG yesterday . Is a promotion with Simon Mall and Coke, code EBC3034713 or you can text any Coca Cola picture with the subject GAME to 74666 to get the same code.

Got Lumines and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 to complete my Vita game collection, for around $20. each after the discount.

Jeeze... It is getting harder and harder to bite the digital bullet with all these discounts, price drops and sales on physical media.

Vitacat

I purchased 4 games on the Vita for a whopping total of $60 a couple days ago and now it won't let me buy more games or add funds to my wallet. It gives me the np-2244-2 error.

How long do I need to wait for this to go away? From what I read, Sony has a system in place that will lock additional purchases if they suspect suspicious activity.

LOL, only Sony could come up with an error code that locks people out of buying stuff because they were buying stuff. Seriously, love your hardware Sony, but you can't manage for shit.

OF COURSE SCEE gets a big fat retro sale. Let's see, what does SCEA give us? Nothing, nothing, and... nothing. Yep, gotta love the tightassed clueless suits at SCEA.

LOL, only Sony could come up with an error code that locks people out of buying stuff because they were buying stuff. Seriously, love your hardware Sony, but you can't manage for shit.

OF COURSE SCEE gets a big fat retro sale. Let's see, what does SCEA give us? Nothing, nothing, and... nothing. Yep, gotta love the tightassed clueless suits at SCEA.

lol

StuBurns

Banned
Thanks for confirming it StuBurns. I will get the game then, hopefully Konami will have some sale going on. :)
Well, if other people are saying it doesn't work, maybe it's a US/Euro thing, the US can play Tetris, and Europe can't for example.

I'm in Europe, and my copy is from the UK PSN store.

Famassu

I can see nothing on that list that I want. Was hoping we'd finally get a sale on RE games.

We also need an XSEED PSP sale!
TitS was already on sale just recently and the Ys games are, like, less than 10€ a pop. Just give in and buy them at those prices already.

tzare

Well, if other people are saying it doesn't work, maybe it's a US/Euro thing, the US can play Tetris, and Europe can't for example.

I'm in Europe, and my copy is from the UK PSN store.

That would make sense. When you have some spare time could you try if right vita analog can work as camera and works well so it can be played like peace walker on ps3?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I just got the Vita, and in order to use multiple PSN accounts (one for me, one for my GF), I got 2 memorycards. The system wants to format the memcard every time we swap memorycards, are we doing something wrong or is this a handheld that's geared towards a single user?

I just got the Vita, and in order to use multiple PSN accounts (one for me, one for my GF), I got 2 memorycards. The system wants to format the memcard every time we swap memorycards, are we doing something wrong or is this a handheld that's geared towards a single user?

Definitely geared toward a single user. If you each want your own account, you will have to initialize the system every time you want to switch (~5 minutes process). You don't need to format the memory card to do so.

Vitacat

Pretty much geared for single user, sadly. Sony is Sony you know.

Did you change PSN account on the Vita in settings, then insert the memory card for that account? I'm talking out my arse, but maybe that works?

EDIT:

Definitely geared toward a single user. If you each want your own account, you will have to initialize the system every time you want to switch (~5 minutes process). You don't need to format the memory card to do so.

Ah, wow, that really does suck then.

AwRy108

It's geared towards single use, especially as of the latest firmware (v1.80) in which they added the forced reformatting when switching accounts.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hmm....$200 for a used Vita + 16 gig card + MGS Collection. Is that a "fair" deal? I don't know how the after market is on these machines yet.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Hmm....$200 for a used Vita + 16 gig card + MGS Collection. Is that a "fair" deal? I don't know how the after market is on these machines yet.

Mine was 150 for vita/16gig card/uncharted/gravity rush.

My friend got a similar bundle but with only MK instead of those 2 games for 150.

Vitacat

Mine was 150 for vita/16gig card/uncharted/gravity rush.

My friend got a similar bundle but with only MK instead of those 2 games for 150.

That's crazy. Seriously. WTF do people buy all that nice expensive stuff for only to resell it for a pittance a few weeks/months later. I really don't get it. Vita is barely out for 6 months, and they already give up on it? Man.

But hey, you got one helluva deal. Enjoy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sounds like I should look into this deal, then. Maybe I'll have him drive to me to save on gas (and call that a savings on my end, ha).

Thanks guys. :)

LuchaShaq

Banned
That's crazy. Seriously. WTF do people buy all that nice expensive stuff for only to resell it for a pittance a few weeks/months later. I really don't get it. Vita is barely out for 6 months, and they already give up on it? Man.

Yeah for some reason the craiglist here has been flooded with them.

Have been toying with the idea of buying some more bundles in the 130-170 range and reselling them piece by piece on amazon for profit.

Famassu

Preordered DJMAX Technika Tune Limited Edition from CDJapan. :3 I assume I'll probably miss out on a lot of DLC? Oh well, maybe this time Europe gets into the action too and I can buy it cheap when I master the songs in the game (which is never).

Hanmik

Has RE2 been removed from the EU Vita store?

I think someone mentioned it was located in a different section.. not in the PS1 classics section. it should be there, somewhere well hidden..

just saw this on the blog..

mGaGF.jpg

Carl

You'd think, with it being announced last month, it would come this month. PS+ came to PS3 the month after it was announced.

As a Vita owner, why would you buy new games knowing that PS+ is coming to it soon?

Vitacat

You'd think, with it being announced last month, it would come this month. PS+ came to PS3 the month after it was announced.

As a Vita owner, why would you buy new games knowing that PS+ is coming to it soon?

As always, Sony is Sony.

Such is the way of life. Smart profit on the stupidity of others :)
I've even heard about people who bough and sold PSP several times :D

patsu

You should call their helpdesk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom