• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preordered DJMAX Technika Tune Limited Edition from CDJapan. :3 I assume I'll probably miss out on a lot of DLC? Oh well, maybe this time Europe gets into the action too and I can buy it cheap when I master the songs in the game (which is never).

I don't think the game will come out in Europe, I'm waiting on the NA Limited edition, I hope it has the same content of the Korean one. :/

sajj316

It's Madden on the go.

I heard there's major frame rate issues, but I haven't played the game to determine that.

frame rate issues during play selection and between play animations. Not a huge deal if you just care about the game play but hurts overall production value. I wish I can turn off those between play animations. I don't care about them.

Everything I read says it is just like Madden 12, but with updated rosters and some slowdown during non-gameplay scenes.

I am not sure if people really think the game is bad or if it is just bad in comparison to the console versions.

Ah, atleast Fifa was good, except for the glitched trophies, wich they said they will never fix.

Ran across this randomly in the Amazon Marketplace on a lead from CAG that the 32GBs were on sale for $71.99.

n6EwI.png

Order got cancelled this morning.
Dammit.

KAL2006

Banned
Nice sale for us in Europe

I kind of regret buying BlazBlue before, I think I pricked it up for £30 when it was on sale last time, but now it's £20.

The PS1 Classics sale seems great. I am picking up all the Crash Bandicoot games. Are any of the Disney games worth picking up, I'm looking at Mickey's Wild Adventure especially.

Carl

The PS1 Classics sale seems great. I am picking up all the Crash Bandicoot games. Are any of the Disney games worth picking up, I'm looking at Mickey's Wild Adventure especially.

Toy Story Racer is fun. Racing through Andy's House, Sid's House, and Pizza Planet make any game worth buying :p

Hmm....$200 for a used Vita + 16 gig card + MGS Collection. Is that a "fair" deal? I don't know how the after market is on these machines yet.

Wow, that's the going rate? I'm planning on my selling my 3G Vita, 4 gig card and MGS Collection for $150 next month.

Why? I need the white Vita that's being released with AC3:L.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Meh, people can spend their money how they want.

Why doesn't he just... spray paint his PSP2? Would be nearly the same thing but cheaper.

I don't get why people want white handhelds. Black colored consoles/handhelds for lyfe

KalBalboa

Banned
I love my white DS3.

I love those things. I almost bought a $50 God of War Collection & Red DS3 pack on sale the other day... but the red was just nowhere near as pretty as the white ones. There was a $60 Killzone 3 & camo DS3 pack too, but camo controllers look so silly to me.

I love those things. I almost bought a $50 God of War Collection & Red DS3 pack on sale the other day... but the red was just nowhere near as pretty as the white ones. There was a $60 Killzone 3 & camo DS3 pack too, but camo controllers look so silly to me.

I picked one of these up at KMart for about $40 a few weeks back and the red is pretty nice in person. Not as nice as the black, but it works!

KalBalboa

Banned
I picked one of these up at KMart for about $40 a few weeks back and the red is pretty nice in person. Not as nice as the black, but it works!

At the risk of derailing the Vita thread too much, I wound up getting the Shadow/Ico collection for $20 along with the new Gaslight Anthem album and First Blood & Darkman on Blu Ray. All for around $40.

215px-Darkman_film_poster.jpg

A new DS3 is in my immediate future though. I should just buy the red with God of War for $50- it's a really good deal.

Shinriji

ESRB Leak. I don't know if it is good or not but...

HISTORY Legends of War: Patton

Platform: Windows PC, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Xbox 360

Rating:

Content descriptors: Violence

Rating summary: In this turn-based strategy game, players assume the role of General George S. Patton during World War II. From a 3/4–overhead perspective, players maneuver their troops units through realistic battlefields and complete mission objectives. Players use rifles, machine guns, and explosive projectiles to eliminate enemy soldiers and combat vehicles (e.g., tanks, airplanes). Battles are accompanied by realistic gunfire and large explosions that cause enemies to hurl through the air; soldiers groan when shot, and collapse to the ground when killed.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsi...gends of War: Patton&searchkeyword=cave story

And there is also this....

Cave Story

Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DSi, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360

Rating Summary: This is an action adventure game in which players assume the role of a tiny boy who traverses through caverns to save rabbit-like creatures called "Mimigas." Players run and jump across platforms, avoid hazards and obstacles, and shoot at "cartoony"...

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=26832&Title=Cave Story&searchkeyword=cave story

Carl

Yeah the white is great. Had a black DS3 before. When the analogues were ruined i fancied a change. I'm converted now. White is the best.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I've had a white DS3 since it first launched in Japan years ago.
Sadly, didn't stay so white. :(
All my other white plastic stuff hasn't discolored either.

This is insanity.

Meh, people can spend their money how they want.

Why doesn't he just... spray paint his PSP2? Would be nearly the same thing but cheaper.

I don't get why people want white handhelds. Black colored consoles/handhelds for lyfe

I loved my white PSP 2000 that was released with Star Wars Battlefront. I had a white DS Lite, loved it too. I just think white looks better for handhelds. White Vita will be mine as will a white 3DS XL if NOA ever releases it in the US.

So, anyone else stoked for Zen Pinball 2?

Sony To Incorporate Its Game, Audio Expertise Into Smartphones

“We’re going to promote mobile product development that will use our expertise,” Kunimasa Suzuki, an executive vice president overseeing mobile products, told reporters in Tokyo today, without giving specific details. “We are strong in digital imaging and game players and also have audio products.”

Vita phone!

Most likely xperia play 2 or just playstation mobile on their phones.

Benedict

Was hoping for a bit more considering how many titles they put on the store, I was really hoping RRT4 and Future Cop: LAPD would be part of the sale, even the Tomb Raider games would be good.

Will probably pick up G-Police though.

The sale will get more content next week

This is from the blog:

Posted on 4 September, 2012 at 4:12 pm by Andy Stewart

Hi All

Just to let you all know that this sale will get more content added to it next week and I will do a blog post for this next week also.

I loved my white PSP 2000 that was released with Star Wars Battlefront. I had a white DS Lite, loved it too. I just think white looks better for handhelds. White Vita will be mine as will a white 3DS XL if NOA ever releases it in the US.

So, anyone else stoked for Zen Pinball 2?

Yeah the White Vita looks Gorgeous! Zen Pinball should be great on handheld. The Pinball Arcade has been my most played Vita title so far.

ESRB Leak. I don't know if it is good or not but...

HISTORY Legends of War: Patton

Platform: Windows PC, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Xbox 360

Rating:

Content descriptors: Violence

Rating summary: In this turn-based strategy game, players assume the role of General George S. Patton during World War II. From a 3/4–overhead perspective, players maneuver their troops units through realistic battlefields and complete mission objectives. Players use rifles, machine guns, and explosive projectiles to eliminate enemy soldiers and combat vehicles (e.g., tanks, airplanes). Battles are accompanied by realistic gunfire and large explosions that cause enemies to hurl through the air; soldiers groan when shot, and collapse to the ground when killed.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsi...gends of War: Patton&searchkeyword=cave story
I played the PSP game at length, and I think it's a bit of an undiscovered gem... Basically, a squad level turn-based strategy game along the same lines as Pathway To Glory on the N-Gage (another under-rated/under-played WWII tactical TBS). Great graphics, a solid engine, solid - even pressing - difficulty... I'd recommend it to anyone with an interest in WWII who likes turn-based strategy games and SRPGs...

Gravijah

Wow, that's the going rate? I'm planning on my selling my 3G Vita, 4 gig card and MGS Collection for $150 next month.

Why? I need the white Vita that's being released with AC3:L.

thinking of doing that, but i might just wait for whatever color is after white.

let's go orange/green/yellow/pink!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom