• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That Jazz game looks great, hope it comes to US Vita as well :)

I mention this in the NA compatability thread too, but Galaxy Fight and Rapid Angel are both directly downloadable from DL history on Vita now. I don't know when this happened, but it just popped up out of nowhere for me.

So some further PS One compatability looks like it might be coming out way later today, at this rate!

garath

Grabbed a $20 PSN card to pick up a PS1 RPG or two. Already own Suikoden and Breath of Fire III.

Trying to decide between the expensive FF7, FF9, Alundra perhaps, or maybe some other gem I've overlooked.

really wish they had Suikoden II. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

I originally put about 200 hours into FF7 but never replayed it. There may be some wonder left in that game since I originally played it what.. 15 years ago?

patsu

Sony To Incorporate Its Game, Audio Expertise Into Smartphones

Vita phone!

Most likely xperia play 2 or just playstation mobile on their phones.

I always thought that part of the reason for the rebranding to "Vita" was so that they could use it for a wider range of products - like vita phone, vita tablet. Maybe even vita laptop?

Probably just Playstation Mobile at this stage.

However the proprietary memcard may make it possible for Sony to port Vita gaming to other "weak security" OSes later.

Vita is still important for people like me who're using iOS though. ^_^

Battery gets used up quickly these days due to extremely heavy usage. A separate device still works in my favor in the mean time.

Toki767

Grabbed a $20 PSN card to pick up a PS1 RPG or two. Already own Suikoden and Breath of Fire III.

Trying to decide between the expensive FF7, FF9, Alundra perhaps, or maybe some other gem I've overlooked.

really wish they had Suikoden II. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

I originally put about 200 hours into FF7 but never replayed it. There may be some wonder left in that game since I originally played it what.. 15 years ago?

Grandia?

Tizoc

Speaking of PSN cards; Bestbuy.com has been out of stock on 20 and 50 PSN Store codes for weeks now, anyone know when they'd restock on those? Or of a good alternative to get PSN Codes sent to ur e-mail?

Toki767

Speaking of PSN cards; Bestbuy.com has been out of stock on 20 and 50 PSN Store codes for weeks now, anyone know when they'd restock on those? Or of a good alternative to get PSN Codes sent to ur e-mail?

Gamestop will e-mail you codes too.

ElNino

I bought it and I've been playing it heavily for the last week. It's fun. To each their own.
Yep, I got it last week via Future Shop trade and I like it so far. It seems to be way less content than the console versions, but the game play is pretty fun for while I'm commuting to/from work.

Now if only EA would release NHL for the Vita.

oldmario

All these sales on the eu psn, now i'm starting to know what it feels like to be a pc gamer with steam. think i bought like 6-7 ps1 games for my vita but only one of them are on it :|

Finally got my Vita back after three months of it
sitting in a pawn shop

Wow, I needs me some Vita friends; I only have 5 right now: orioto, omgfloofy, two dudes I found on near, and the voice of Sly Cooper. My PSN handle is TNA_KEN.

KalBalboa

Banned
Is the PSP Ghostbusters game good? It's going for around 5 dollars on US PSN.

GrouppictureStyledVersion.png

It was actually one of the first things I put on my Vita.

The upscaling and second thumbstick help make it playable, but it won't blow you away or anything. It's a port of the Wii version of the game, meaning it has some differences from the PS3/360 version in terms of the script. It's more of a videogame than an interactive movie when compared to the "bigger brother" versions, so you could have a lot of fun if you're a Ghostbusters junkie like me.

One fun thing to do is map down on the d-pad to the lower left-hand corner of the Vita's front screen. That way when you want to throw a trap you can just touch on the screen.

1330954224_01998_08.jpg

Yes, please explain yo' self regarding Sly Cooper voice actor!

Also, Pinball Arcade 1.03 patch is live. Adds support for new tables (2 of which are scheduled to release when Grace Chen finishes her makeup) and trophy support for past and future DLC.

Drek

Madden 13 on the vita is terrible imo....so glad I didn't buy that garbage. Just tried my friend's and smh......Where's my FFX HD :(

I would strongly disagree. I consider it superior to the current console iterations myself.

It lacks the physics engine of the PS3/360 version but Connected Careers is a very poor substitute for a real franchise mode, which the Vita version has.

Also, the PS3/360 version of Madden have major glitches, like CBs crashing the run on obvious passing downs and instead letting WRs zip down field on go routes uncontested, for no apparent reason. Again, Vita version doesn't have this. It plays like a graphically paired down hybrid of Madden 2012, NCAA 2013, and Madden 2013 (though more like the first two than the later, obviously).

Maybe in a few months after some patching the PS3/360 versions will be better, but as it stands now if you want to play a solid football game with a worthwhile franchise mode and 2013 rosters Madden 13 on Vita is your only option.

They even did a good job with the touch controls. Tap to select player and drawing your own hot routes is an excellent use of the system's unique features.

DSGamer

Neo Member
I would strongly disagree. I consider it superior to the current console iterations myself.

It lacks the physics engine of the PS3/360 version but Connected Careers is a very poor substitute for a real franchise mode, which the Vita version has.

Also, the PS3/360 version of Madden have major glitches, like CBs crashing the run on obvious passing downs and instead letting WRs zip down field on go routes uncontested, for no apparent reason. Again, Vita version doesn't have this. It plays like a graphically paired down hybrid of Madden 2012, NCAA 2013, and Madden 2013 (though more like the first two than the later, obviously).

Maybe in a few months after some patching the PS3/360 versions will be better, but as it stands now if you want to play a solid football game with a worthwhile franchise mode and 2013 rosters Madden 13 on Vita is your only option.

They even did a good job with the touch controls. Tap to select player and drawing your own hot routes is an excellent use of the system's unique features.

This. I have played full versions of Madden 13 for the XBox, NCAA 13 and Madden 13 for the Vita. I sold the other games and kept Madden 13 for Vita.

The upscaling and second thumbstick help make it playable, but it won't blow you away or anything. It's a port of the Wii version of the game, meaning it has some differences from the PS3/360 version in terms of the script. It's more of a videogame than an interactive movie when compared to the "bigger brother" versions, so you could have a lot of fun if you're a Ghostbusters junkie like me.
That was actually the more enjoyable game for me, even compared to the PC version. For $5 it's worth it imo.

I'm having issues transfaring save data of MGS PW HD to my Vita. When I try to do it from the console, the game doesn't detect the Vita (it asks to connect a PSP) , using the content manager on the Vita I can find the MGS PW HD save data, but it does let me transfer my vita save data to Ps3. What gives? Anyone have some suggestions?

I'm having issues transfaring save data of MGS PW HD to my Vita. When I try to do it from the console, the game doesn't detect the Vita (it asks to connect a PSP) , using the content manager on the Vita I can find the MGS PW HD save data, but it does let me transfer my vita save data to Ps3. What gives? Anyone have some suggestions?

Research says "buy a psp". :(

Transfarring is complicated business. Reader Julius discovered that the PS3 version of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will move Peace Walker save content to the PSP game as advertised, but not when the PSP game is running on Vita.

The Vita's security restrictions (specifically its Content Manager Assistant-based PS3 transfer) don't support direct transfer of save data from within the game, but even copying the file onto a PC via USB drive, then transferring to Vita with the CMA program didn't work for Julius.

Since the Vita HD Collection doesn't include Peace Walker, "Transfarring" is effectively out of the picture on that platform. Ironic since many Vita games support Vita/PS3 connectivity under a different name.

This, of course, isn't even the biggest problem with playing Peace Walker on a Vita. The biggest problem, for those of us in North America, is that it's not even available through the Vita PlayStation Store. You can move it over if you bought it already, or you can buy it through the PS3, but you can't just buy it from the device you want to play it on.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/26/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-hd-cant-transfar-to-vita/

Glad I never bought the PW PSP game now...

Voice of Sly Cooper?!

Yes, please explain yo' self regarding Sly Cooper voice actor!

Also, Pinball Arcade 1.03 patch is live. Adds support for new tables (2 of which are scheduled to release when Grace Chen finishes her makeup) and trophy support for past and future DLC.

What's this about Sly Cooper?

Yep. His name is Kevin Miller. He has a podcast called SecondFunniestPodcast where he and his comedian freind Justin Worsham talk about video games and voice acting and stuff. Some of the most noteworthy episodes feature Matt Olsen and Chris Murphy (Bentley and Murray), Nolan North (Nathan Drake from Uncharted, who is a close friend of his), Nate Fox from SuckerPunch Productions (Sly 1-3, inFamous 1-2), and Matt Kraemer from Sanzaru Games (Sly 4). His PSN is THEKevinMiller if you want to add him.

He probably pawned it to get some extra cash and just recently payed the pawn shop back.

... or he just bought a new one.

The former. Haven't had it for three months when I was supposed to get it back within two weeks.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Growlanser and Gurumin are up via Search on Vita Store. 29.99 for Growl, 14.99 for Gurumin.

Zen Penball 2 and Treasure Park also can appear through this method :)

Carl

Yep. His name is Kevin Miller. He has a podcast called SecondFunniestPodcast where he and his comedian freind Justin Worsham talk about video games and voice acting and stuff. Some of the most noteworthy episodes feature Matt Olsen and Chris Murphy (Bentley and Murray), Nolan North (Nathan Drake from Uncharted, who is a close friend of his), Nate Fox from SuckerPunch Productions (Sly 1-3, inFamous 1-2), and Matt Kraemer from Sanzaru Games (Sly 4). His PSN is THEKevinMiller if you want to add him.

That's really quite awesome. Thanks for the info!

Growlanser and Gurumin are up via Search on Vita Store. 29.99 for Growl, 14.99 for Gurumin.

Zen Penball 2 and Treasure Park also can appear through this method :)

And the games that had their MSRP drop weeks ago(Hot Shots, Wipeout, etc.) are still the old prices, $35.99 for most.

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom