• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Treasure Park is essentially Minesweeper with a leaderboard, and the ability to create and share patterns.

Is there trophy support and are you required to use Near? I've only got two friends on my list with Vitas...

Kazerei

Banned
I tried the Orgarhythm demo and didn't really like it. I think I'd prefer if it was just an RTS without the rhythm aspect. I'm not coordinated enough to handle both. I also couldn't quite place the troops properly. I suck :\

P90

Look at the CMA preferences. Try to backup and remove those folders.

If you want to catch all, open Terminal.app and run "lsof <process id of CMA>"

However since ML caused issues with your other software, I highly recommend backing up all your files and do a clean install.

You should find ML run much more reliably and quickly. I have it on my brand new MBA and it's been problem free so far.

I am downloading ML right now. TBH, I am not that versed in finding the CMA preferences, much less using Terminal. I tried using spotlight and did not get anything. I tried inputting your string into Terminal and got
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
. Sorry, I'm not that competent with the deeper uses of my computer. I appreciate your help.

patsu

I am downloading ML right now. TBH, I am not that versed in finding the CMA preferences, much less using Terminal. I tried using spotlight and did not get anything. I tried inputting your string into Terminal and got . Sorry, I'm not that competent with the deeper uses of my computer. I appreciate your help.

Ah it's okay. The lsof command I gave was not quite right. >_<
I tried it out on my Mac. I think the output may be too confusing for a non-technical person.

If you're doing a clean install of ML, I think you should be fine.

Takao

Banned
Wow at Zen Pinball 2. It's gorgeous. It looks native res with a tonne of AA. It supports on the fly view changes to landscape and portrait vantages via the gyroscope. I have never been wowed by a pinball game before, lol.

patsu

Wow at Zen Pinball 2. It's gorgeous. It looks native res with a tonne of AA. It supports on the fly view changes to landscape and portrait vantages via the gyroscope. I have never been wowed by a pinball game before, lol.

I gave it a quick try. It's very nice indeed. The game is F2P ? It looks like I can play any pinball machine for limited time for free.

EDIT:
Also, what the heck is Growlancer ?

Sounda awesome! It even has a PvZ machine.

@phantom: the browser is shit, we need a dedicated app :(

I found a great used vita deal on Amazon and it just came in the mail. It was used but like new and it was in better condition than I expected screen wise.

However The memory card is unreadable. power it on and try to load in wipeout and it says that a memory card is needed to play, so I go into other setting and even attempt to format it and its telling me a memory card is not inserted, Halp Gaf, why me >___>. Already Contacted the Seller, lets see what happens...

patsu

I found a great used vita deal on Amazon and it just came in the mail. It was used but like new and it was in better condition than I expected screen wise.

However The memory card is unreadable. power it on and try to load in wipeout and it says that a memory card is needed to play, so I go into other setting and even attempt to format it and its telling me a memory card is not inserted, Halp Gaf, why me >___>. Already Contacted the Seller, lets see what happens...

Did you try to reinsert the memcard ? You should power off the Vita before you do so.

It may have gotten dislodged a little during transport.

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah all I can think of is to blow (from a distance so not to spit!) into the memory card slot...wipe the memory card read/write contact area with a cloth gently or something?

Try formatting again (hold down the power button for a while and a separate menu comes up) after....hopefully it will fix it! Sucks silly things like this...

Did you try to reinsert the memcard ? You should power off the Vita before you do so.

It may have gotten dislodged a little during transport.

Yeah all I can think of is to blow (from a distance so not to spit!) into the memory card slot...wipe the memory card read/write contact area with a cloth gently or something?

Try formatting again (hold down the power button for a while and a separate menu comes up) after....hopefully it will fix it! Sucks silly things like this...

I did all of this again, even before asking for help and nothing. i really appreciate the help guys. Any further tips or help is much appreciated!

Skyzard

Banned
I'm starting to worry he broke the memory card somehow? Like put it in back-to front?

My one inserts with the contacts facing up (when the vita is screen side up too).

Worth taking a quick look at it?

Otherwise did you try the options from the vita restore menu (instead of formatting from the settings app)..

Hopefully (if it is anything) it is just a bum memory card and nothing wrong with the system....definitely best to contact the seller...any chance it was just a 4GB card? (because you'll likely be upgrading anyway!). Although I'd want to test the vita with another card before settling with it..

edit: I had a quick google and this post was a good one.

But it seems like it could actually be the Vita and not the memory card itself unfortunately! Hopefully that isn't the case here..

Really digging Zen Pinball 2. Love how slick the interface is. Has a nifty option to import tables in-game so if you bought a lot of tables in the previous game, they will carry over seamlessly without having to mess with the janky Vita storefront.

Added the Epic Quest table to my collection, highly recommended. Loot RPG + Pinball = Crack/Cocaine.

Vitacat

LOL, ok I finally decided between going digital or physical. In the end retail sales and coupons won, and I am officially now a physical cart user. Feels good, and I love the little blue boxes. :eek:) Yes, I have to physically insert carts, but at least I'm not at the mercy of PSN's pricing, and I can resell/trade stuff.

Just got back from BestBuy, using the $50 gift card I got from the Madden bundle, plus the Rewards Zone $15 off MGSHDC coupon, I now own:

-Wipeout 2048
-Uncharted GA
-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

All told, I paid $35 for the lot. Would've cost way more on PSN.

(I also have Gravity Rush via PSN. Kinda want the box for that now too. :p)

Just felt like sharing. Now I need to go dl Zen Pinball apparently, sounds sweet.

Skyzard

Banned
LOL, ok I finally decided between going digital or physical. In the end retail sales and coupons won, and I am officially now a physical cart user. Feels good, and I love the little blue boxes. :eek:) Yes, I have to physically insert carts, but at least I'm not at the mercy of PSN's pricing, and I can resell/trade stuff.

Just got back from BestBuy, using the $50 gift card I got from the Madden bundle, plus the Rewards Zone $15 off MGSHDC coupon, I now own:

-Wipeout 2048
-Uncharted GA

A steal!

Love wipoeut and mgs, haven't played uncharted yet but I really want to.

Forget GR retail though! Don't you have like a 32GB? I'm sure the digital collection will grow too, besides it is more convenient digitally and it's not like you're getting a refund for it ;)

Vitacat

^ Mind if I add you Vitacat? =D

Sure, please do. I'm Vitacat-P on PSN.

A steal!

Love wipoeut and mgs, haven't played uncharted yet but I really want to.

Forget GR retail though! Don't you have like a 32GB? I'm sure the digital collection will grow too, besides it is more convenient digitally and it's not like you're getting a refund for it ;)

Yeah, I have 32GB, so no problem with storage space. I'm sure after I start buying more PSN-only content and adding movies it will fill up, and I'll be glad to have my cart games. Honestly, maybe it's because I'm oldskool, but having the little blue boxes and carts makes me happy. If I ever see Gravity Rush used for like $10 or something, I would buy it just for the box. :p

OK - off to play some Wipeout.

Kyon

Banned
Sorry I've been NEGLECTING Vita ya'll
Not that anyone cares
I'm just waiting for everything to start coming out lol LBP will be great :)

nobody is using treasure park what the hell guys

-Wipeout 2048
-Uncharted GA

Wow, great deal.

Sorry I've been NEGLECTING Vita ya'll
Not that anyone cares
I'm just waiting for everything to start coming out lol LBP will be great :)
I know I don't care!

Skyzard

Banned
Retail is sweet indeed. Nice and safe, but with the vita...the cards are small...it's effort...and I'm lazy ;0) although I am buying retail for the super large games (file size) these days..especially single play-through type games.

(Planning for the apocalypse..):

If the Vita never gets hacked and Sony goes down:

Your digital library that you backed up all these years...won't be transferrable since CMA can't connect to Sony? ..I would love it if they came forward and said if something like that happens, we will update CMA so you can have access to your games.

It's not that reasonable to expect them to host your games when/if they closed, but preventing you is unreasonable.

It's not exactly a likely scenario but hardly unimaginable...And if no one tries to make a Vita again..I'll definitely want to replay some of these games.

Or am I wrong about being unable to backup without an internet connection?

-Wipeout 2048
-Uncharted GA

(I also have Gravity Rush via PSN. Kinda want the box for that now too. :p)

Just felt like sharing. Now I need to go dl Zen Pinball apparently, sounds sweet.

Awesome deal.

My plan was to go all digital which was working out just fine - at first - but then I filled up my 32gb card. So that sucked. And then stuff started going on sale... I expected that, no biggie, but still kinda sucked. Then the MSRP of games went down in stores but not on the PSN.

So, um, now I am officially a mix of digital and physical. Like I went physical for madden because that will be a few months of fun for me, but I will go digital for LittleBigPlanet because I'll play that until I or my Vita dies. I think Ragnorak and Persona 4 will be digital, as RPGs can last forever... and Need for Speed, Playstation Allstars and other releases will be carts.

I think. Until I change my mind again.

64gb cards plez sony.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Treasure Park is kinda pointless. Zen Pinball 2 being free to play on PS3 and PSP2 is a pleasant surprise and I'm downloading it now.

TehOh

Question for y'all. I've tried a couple of times to get into the original Metal Gear Solid and never really enjoyed it.

Saw the Best Buy coupon for the 2/3 HD collection and I'm tempted to pick it up and give it a try. See if I enjoy the sequels any more than the original. I've heard nothing but praise for MGS 3.

Should I go for it? I found the controls in the original to be clunky, and just got frustrated with the gameplay in the first few areas. Are the sequels more fun?

Skyzard

Banned
Yes. :)

The controls get better each game.

The games are all pretty fantastic in their own way, especially in their times.

Having recently replayed 2, it is decent to control on the vita, with 3 being much better. I remember MGS1 being a bit of a pain even in its day but I still haven't gone back to try it now, although I definitely will.

Be sure to read up on the controls for the vita mgs collection though, there are quite a few neat things that aren't entirely explained in-game iirc. D-pad for slight adjustments..rear pad controls etc. Dpad down for cancelling gun..anyway, yep brilliant games, no brainer.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Can anyone recommend a good pair of bluetooth headphones? Prefer to stay around ~$100. Thanks!

Also, would a BT headphone's mic work as the Vita mic? I'm guessing no...?

EDIT: ooh, anyone use these with Vita? Looks sweet, and I could definitely use the FM radio option when I go out.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003DQ1DCM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Motorola S305

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BH3I9U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Been using them for years, and the built in mic should work, I haven't tried it personally, but it works on the PS3 and my iPhone.

I'm not using bluetooth headphones, but when I plug in my headphones with a built-in mic to my Vita, the built-in mic doesn't work nor does the Vita's internal mic. It's rather irritating.

Vitacat

I'm not using bluetooth headphones, but when I plug in my headphones with a built-in mic to my Vita, the built-in mic doesn't work nor does the Vita's internal mic. It's rather irritating.

Hmm, good to be aware of that.

So the question is raised: what BT headset is most compatible with Vita and doesn't eliminate the mic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom