• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

I hate how LBP controls, so count me out until it's around $5. :(

They've tweaked the controls apparently. Donkey Show said they are quite a bit less "floaty".

BAH! Your puzzle broke my streak.

Bwahaha. Good. I think i'm getting the hang of creating good maps.

Guys my brother just got me a PS Vita but I don't have a memory card. What would be the best one to get? I was thinking 16GB that I can see for around £30. Would that be sufficient enough to download a few games and demos or should I be looking at 32GB?

I am quite an avid gamer so I would be downloading lots of demos and stuff.

If you see yourself downloading a lot, i definitely say get the 32GB. I've got a 16GB and ran out of space. 32GB is wayyy more expensive (£60 or so on Amazon) but definitely worth it.

I'm definitely getting it! I hope it sells well! Looks to be one of the best LBP games yet.

I will, beta was great

Good! Yeah i agree, beta was superb

branny

They've tweaked the controls apparently. Donkey Show said they are quite a bit less "floaty".
Nice, I'll have to keep an eye on it then. I was kind of hoping Sound Shapes would be some sort of substitute, but making levels in that game drives me insane with the loops playing over and over, lol.

Rasec

since there's no treasure park maps on near for me i returned to project diva.
Done my objectives.
Never expected project diva have a trophy related to the alarm clock. That's way wake up club thing xDD
And i was able to get excellent in all songs on normal.

Dibbz

If you see yourself downloading a lot, i definitely say get the 32GB. I've got a 16GB and ran out of space. 32GB is wayyy more expensive (£60 or so on Amazon) but definitely worth it.

Go get the 32GB if you can find it cheaper than msrp.

Ahh damn 32GB does seem quite expensive. Was hoping I wouldn't have to fork out so much :( Any good tips on places that might do Vita cards for cheaper than normal?

Carl

Ahh damn 32GB does seem quite expensive. Was hoping I wouldn't have to fork out so much :( Any good tips on places that might do Vita cards for cheaper than normal?

Amazon is the cheapest i've found :( If you find anywhere cheaper than that let us know! i suppose 16GB wouldn't be THAT bad (especially if you plan on buying games retail). Just that 32GB gives you more freedom and is more of a long-term solution. But 16GB wouldn't be that bad.

Home and just threw out some a new Treasure Park map to a few people. An hour til midnight then i can do some more.

Still no reply from Lunch :(

So, how many people are getting LBP Vita this month? Lots, i hope?

Beat your puzzle BARELY.
I had to guess for my last chance and figured it out. =p
Forgot about it coming out this month, i'll wait till the price drops since the game only gets better with time and more people making levels.

Just preordered Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Edition on Newegg though. Any other people picking that up next month?

Dibbz

Amazon is the cheapest i've found :( If you find anywhere cheaper than that let us know! i suppose 16GB wouldn't be THAT bad (especially if you plan on buying games retail). Just that 32GB gives you more freedom and is more of a long-term solution. But 16GB wouldn't be that bad.

What kind of sizes are most Vita games demos and full games? They don't say on the store. If they are about a gig or so each I might just get the 16GB because that'd probably do me. I really can't afford £60 for a memory card right now and I'd like to start Uncharted.

I think Phantasy Star Portable (1, 2, both?) got yanked for patching. Still not back on PSN :(

I don't think so, since PSP2 was pulled before vita was even out. I think PSP2 was delisted and so it can't be re-rated for Vita. That seemed to be the problem with some other PSP game and so it will never be available for transfer or anything at all. It's damned annoying.

Carl

Beat your puzzle BARELY.
I had to guess for my last chance and figured it out. =p
Forgot about it coming out this month, i'll wait till the price drops since the game only gets better with time and more people making levels.

Good! Think i'm getting a bit better at making harder maps...Right?

True on LBP. I love it though and have a long car journey that week (off on holiday) so day one PSN download for me.
What kind of sizes are most Vita games demos and full games? They don't say on the store. If they are about a gig or so each I might just get the 16GB because that'd probably do me. I really can't afford £60 for a memory card right now and I'd like to start Uncharted.

All of the PSN games i have on my Vita are less than 1GB. Demos can be any size. Some are tiny...Resistance demo was 3GB if i remember right? A

Anwyay, if you're just buying PSN games, 16GB should last you a while.

Full games are like 2 gigs (when you Download them) and up I think. When you get the cart it's like damn near nonexistant. Demos run at about 500MB iirc. PSP games are like 700 - 1.5GB or so. These are guesstimates for the record.

I have a 8GB and have 6 PSN games, 4 PSP games, 7 Minis, 5 PS1 games and the retail carts for 8 Vita games with their bubbles on the vita, some videos, a music album, most of the apps (twitter, skype, youtube etc..) and still have 646MB left.

Good! Think i'm getting a bit better at making harder maps...Right?

True on LBP. I love it though and have a long car journey that week (off on holiday) so day one PSN download for me.

All of the PSN games i have on my Vita are less than 1GB. Demos can be any size. Some are tiny...Resistance demo was 3GB if i remember right? A

Definitely getting better.

branny

I think Vita games are anywhere between 1GB to 4GB. The only retail Vita game I own digitally right now is BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND, and it is 3.4GB. Some game saves are 3MB while others are 20MB+. Vita demos usually vary from 200MB to 1GB.

To be honest, someone who wants to have PSP games, PSone games, PSN games, minis, Vita demos, digital versions of Vita games, and any additional media like music or videos will have a difficult time fitting everything onto 32GB, let alone 16GB. =\

edit: i'm so slow responding to this lol

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
To be honest, someone who wants to have PSP games, PSone games, PSN games, minis, Vita demos, digital versions of Vita games, and any additional media like music or videos will have a difficult time fitting everything onto 32GB, let alone 16GB. =\

if you throw in PC Engine/Neo Geo stuff it's very easy to hit the "bubble limit" as well.

The other pain is i like arranging my "bubbles" a certain way - switching memory card then completely rearranges things. It's a small thing but it's annoying.

Sid

Home and just threw out some a new Treasure Park map to a few people. An hour til midnight then i can do some more.

Still no reply from Lunch :(

So, how many people are getting LBP Vita this month? Lots, i hope?
I am,along with ninja gaiden sigma plus,fun times ahead!

Kazerei

Banned
Ah, well PSP was never released on PSN.
Oh yeah, you're right.

I don't think so, since PSP2 was pulled before vita was even out. I think PSP2 was delisted and so it can't be re-rated for Vita. That seemed to be the problem with some other PSP game and so it will never be available for transfer or anything at all. It's damned annoying.
I thought maybe PSP2 was pulled because of an exploit, but it turns out the exploit was actually for PSP1 :S

Other Sega games are up on Vita's PSN store, so I'm still not sure why PSP2 got pulled.

Carl

if you throw in PC Engine/Neo Geo stuff it's very easy to hit the "bubble limit" as well.

The other pain is i like arranging my "bubbles" a certain way - switching memory card then completely rearranges things. It's a small thing but it's annoying.

Hey dude, not seen you around for a while! I only have one memory card so never swapped and had that trouble. Sounds annoying though.

lol

now that "Out to lunch" sign seems even more appropriate

Haha, yeah it does!

I am,along with ninja gaiden sigma plus,fun times ahead!

Nice! Loved Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3. Hard as nails though. Think i'd end up breaking my Vita. Think i broke a PS3 controller playing it there >.<

Ha ha, dude has good sense of discipline for a 18 year old.

Didn't realise he was only 18!

The user reviews for the refurbished PS Vitas on Gamestop.com are so hilariously transparent.

The price cut we've been waiting for! Great value as opposed to MSRP. You can spend the savings on games and/or accessories for your vita!

Nice price for someone whos on a budget tottaly worth it! im buying one just for my friend =) woooot

Now this is what im talking about! this is for the poor man who cannot afford the extra 50 dollars now people dont need risk purchaseing used vitas on cregslist they can get them at gamestop with a 30day return policy not to menthion if you add an extra 20 dollars you get a year added!! that way if something does happen you can just return it and get another one back this is perfect for everyone wanting a price cut ^.^

Nope, not written by Gamestop employees at all!

Dibbz

Full games are like 2 gigs (when you Download them) and up I think. When you get the cart it's like damn near nonexistant. Demos run at about 500MB iirc. PSP games are like 700 - 1.5GB or so. These are guesstimates for the record.

I have a 8GB and have 6 PSN games, 4 PSP games, 7 Minis, 5 PS1 games and the retail carts for 8 Vita games with their bubbles on the vita, some videos, a music album, most of the apps (twitter, skype, youtube etc..) and still have 646MB left.

I think Vita games are anywhere between 1GB to 4GB. The only retail Vita game I own digitally right now is BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND, and it is 3.4GB. Some game saves are 3MB while others are 20MB+. Vita demos usually vary from 200MB to 1GB.

edit: i'm so slow responding to this lol

Ah ok so sounds like 16GB might not be so bad. Thanks guys will go and order one with a screen protector.

BTW any screen protectors that I should stay away from or are most of them out there pretty good?

Sorry for so many questions.

Oh yeah, you're right.

I thought maybe PSP2 was pulled because of an exploit, but it turns out the exploit was actually for PSP1 :S

Other Sega games are up on Vita's PSN store, so I'm still not sure why PSP2 got pulled.

Im pretty sure I heard that Sega asked for it to be delisted.

zroid

Banned
uaahahaha, I see lunch is playing Treasure Park now. Everyone spam him with puzzles tomorrow so he realizes he can never escape the Vitabro army. Not even for a week!

Personally i prefer my Vita to be naked.

Anyway it's 00:30 here. Anyone want a new Treasure Park map?

Here.

Ah ok so sounds like 16GB might not be so bad. Thanks guys will go and order one with a screen protector.

BTW any screen protectors that I should stay away from or are most of them out there pretty good?

Sorry for so many questions.

Imo Hori is the best screen protector.

Skyzard

Banned
Just sent most of mine out - have to wait till midnight each time ! Let me know if I've forgotten to send one (left 2 spare) or you just want more!

Carl your psn is A-S (in short) right? I think I tried to add you (Y_S) but out of space or something...

Carl

send me one too...? :>

Just sent most of mine out - have to wait till midnight each time ! Let me know if I've forgotten to send one (left 2 spare) or you just want more!

Carl your psn is A-S (in short) right? I think I tried to add you (Y_S) but out of space or something...

*sigh* Okay i'll see if i can find anyone else i can delete

Sony, increase friend list maximum plz

Carl

Sorry about that, not entirely sure if it is full (tried to add and it says something about your settings..perhaps privacy? not sure to be honest)..

[Edit: it just worked!]

Friends list is full. Currently deleting people. Which is why it just worked :p

Skyzard

Banned
Excellant - IIRC sometimes it shows up saying something about the recipients friends list being full and with other people it will say something about settings, bit weird...either way, great to have you on my friends list!

Zeer0id -.- that was supposed to be much harder to do!

patsu

Drag the pieces in randomly, send them out, wait for someone to give it to you. EDIT: Oh, and tap the pieces to turn them.

Get puzzles and hit random colors.

there now you have ideas you two

I already sent out a hastily made one the first time I tried. The problem is I don't know how to solve the puzzles. ^_^

Decided to spend my time watching NetFlix on my Vita that night. ^_^
There are other games waiting for me anyway. No big deal !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom