• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinriji

I think you want to grab someone and boost it online in that case. But I think a 91 hit Blood Kain is gonna need Unlimited Tager to pull off.

I haven't gotten Extend because I'm waiting for CS3/whatever the new BB redone thingy is called. Also Unlimited Mars trophy. Fuck that shit.

The Unlimited Mars trophy only requires you to play this mode, not beat it. At least in the PS3 version.

Just as I'm starting to get the hang of Treasure Park, so are the Gaffers sending me puzzles, some really cruel creations there. Still managed to reach rank C despite my epic failings. The limit of sending only 10 puzzles a day is weird.

KalBalboa

Banned
Just as I'm starting to get the hang of Treasure Park, so are the Gaffers sending me puzzles, some really cruel creations there. Still managed to reach rank C despite my epic failings. The limit of sending only 10 puzzles a day is weird.

I think it pushes you to use Near and network more rather than just send them back and forth directly to one friend. It's really addicting though, isn't it?

I think it pushes you to use Near and network more rather than just send them back and forth directly to one friend. It's really addicting though, isn't it?

Really addicting indeed. I won't be getting too many near hits as I have a few weeks off and the Vita is a bit too large to take with me all the time. I usually take it with in my bag to work, which gets me some nice near hits. Nobody in my neighbourhood seems to be playing Treasure Park unfortunately.

Dang, I really want to spend more time with Treasure Park but I'm not getting any maps off of near and the small handful of Vita PSN friends that I have don't seem to be playing it. Anyone want to add me on PSN so I can join in on the fun, please? PSN: oliemoon

Ughhhh. I played the (atrocious) Uncharted demo, and now it's sitting on my trophy list at 0%. SO ANNOYING.
The demo does not do the game justice at all. Definitely play the full game if you're a fan of Uncharted (and probably even if you're not - no prior Uncharted experience necessary)

KalBalboa

Banned
Really addicting indeed. I won't be getting too many near hits as I have a few weeks off and the Vita is a bit too large to take with me all the time. I usually take it with in my bag to work, which gets me some nice near hits. Nobody in my neighbourhood seems to be playing Treasure Park unfortunately.

The trick is to send a Treasure Park puzzle to someone on Near to hopefully get them hooked. Then they'll start uploading to Near.

The trick is to send a Treasure Park puzzle to someone on Near to hopefully get them hooked. Then they'll start uploading to Near.

I've been dropping puzzles on near, but you can't send them to anyone in particular without friending them first, right? Seems as if people are playing my near puzzles but not uploading any.

I've been dropping puzzles on near, but you can't send them to anyone in particular without friending them first, right? Seems as if people are playing my near puzzles but not uploading any.

Game needs a patch tbh. I set up Near to download puzzles automatically, yet I never see them. I always have to go into Near and manually click on them.

Game needs a patch tbh. I set up Near to download puzzles automatically, yet I never see them. I always have to go into Near and manually click on them.

I experienced something similar where the automatic download failed and I had to manually force it. Just checked it again and it is enabled in my automatic download list. 2 minutes to midnight...

Ok what in the world is wrong with my Vita? I was using it just fine a hour ago and now I can't connect to the internet on it. I keep getting error c2-13935-1 when I do a connection test. Googling for that code doesn't seem to bring up anything. Also, it says my NAT type failed. I have it in a DMZ for crying out loud.

Game seems long, I think 150 levels. I'm only about 20 levels in.
I like that I'm getting more abilities as I progress so it's keeping things fresh.

It does have a Platinum and the majority of the trophies seem easy and part of the natural playthrough of the game. There are some skill based ones though, we'll see how they are when I get to them.

Thanks for the info. Maybe TGS gives us a western releasedate. :)

Vitacat

Well, I just bought MHFU. Been wanting to buy it anyway. Curious to see what some homebrew and emus look like on Vita, so hey why not. Sony will patch it up soon I'm sure, but it should be fun for a little while.

Ok what in the world is wrong with my Vita? I was using it just fine a hour ago and now I can't connect to the internet on it. I keep getting error c2-13935-1 when I do a connection test. Googling for that code doesn't seem to bring up anything. Also, it says my NAT type failed. I have it in a DMZ for crying out loud.

Reconnect to your wifi, if not working, reset router. Works always.

"Due to a recent happening, we have removed the following title(s) from the PS Store: MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE"

This means that nobody wants MH out west!

KalBalboa

Banned
I've got a Vita party going for anyone wanting to hop on for a bit and trade puzzles, etc. I invited a few of you guys here, but PSN or PM me if you want to join.

Carl

Home and just threw out some a new Treasure Park map to a few people. An hour til midnight then i can do some more.

Still no reply from Lunch :(

So, how many people are getting LBP Vita this month? Lots, i hope?

Takao

Banned
I'm kind of wishy if this is even legit. Wolololololo said he'll only release the files after Sony has taken the games off the Store.

Monster Hunter is the game that allows hacking? Fate has a sense of humor it appears.

Told you guys Capcom really hates Vita.

KalBalboa

Banned
Home and just threw out some a new Treasure Park map to a few people. An hour til midnight then i can do some more.

BAH! Your puzzle broke my streak.

Dibbz

Guys my brother just got me a PS Vita but I don't have a memory card. What would be the best one to get? I was thinking 16GB that I can see for around £30. Would that be sufficient enough to download a few games and demos or should I be looking at 32GB?

I am quite an avid gamer so I would be downloading lots of demos and stuff.

Takao

Banned
Capcom should have released Monster Hunter Portable 3rd in the west, no one would have found the exploit in united.

Apparently all the MH games on PSN (Freedom 2/Portable 2, Freedom Unite/Portable 2G, and Portable 3rd) can all be used.

Thanks. It'll be interesting to see if Sony/Capcom actually patches MHF2/MHFU/MHP3 or just yanks the games from PSN ... good thing I've already got MHFU.

They'll yank it, and patch it up afterwards. It's what they did to the previous games with PSP exploits.

Guys my brother just got me a PS Vita but I don't have a memory card. What would be the best one to get? I was thinking 16GB that I can see for around £30. Would that be sufficient enough to download a few games and demos or should I be looking at 32GB?

I am quite an avid gamer so I would be downloading lots of demos and stuff.

Go get the 32GB if you can find it cheaper than msrp.

VanWinkle

I'm definitely getting it! I hope it sells well! Looks to be one of the best LBP games yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom