• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, then i felt sorry for you and asked what your ID was. I think.
You're so nice, feeling sorry for my incompetence.

I already sent out a hastily made one the first time I tried. The problem is I don't know how to solve the puzzles. ^_^

Decided to spend my time watching NetFlix on my Vita that night. ^_^
There are other games waiting for me anyway. No big deal !
Time well spent! Netfiix looks great on the Vita.

I DON'T GET IT.
i can tell actually

Skyzard

Banned
!!!

now i feel like a cheap whore

So the colours on the left show you what colour the bombs are and the colour of the 4piece object that has the diamond (the colour of the square diagonally across from the diamond to be specific).

First few taps don't touch the bomb colours otherwise it is an instant strike-out..try and see where the 4 piece with the diamond is...and tap around to reveal clues to figure it out.

The small circles mean nothing is there. The treasure icon means something is there!

You're not hunting for treasure though! Just the diamond mostly..so don't just click any treasure icon you see ;)

I think less taps the better (total of 5) and extra points with those other items ( +ve or -ve points but not insta-kills/wins like bomb and diamond are ).

branny

So, basically, put bombs and traps on the same colored panel as the diamond, and try to confuse people with clever placement of auxiliary icons on misleading colors and squares.

hey i didn't tell you to so many my way
oh now you don't want my puzzles

you're getting five more

Skyzard

Banned
Damn your board, Skyzard. :|

YESSSS >_< fall my pretties

So, basically, put bombs and traps on the same colored panel as the diamond, and try to confuse people with clever placement of auxiliary icons on misleading colors and squares.

Yep! There is a bit of minesweeper to it with the placements...so try and work through how you would play it out (harder to do this when you're not totally familiar with the gameplay but get's easier quite quickly)

You can sometimes give them super easy maps by just placing bombs on all the diamond square colour.. so haven't quite figured out the best type of map yet...one my strategies atm is to put all of them quite close together..but doesn't always end up as a difficult level...I need more time with it.

I'm finding the 10/day limit brutal...especially with 0 from near!

P90

Ahh damn 32GB does seem quite expensive. Was hoping I wouldn't have to fork out so much :( Any good tips on places that might do Vita cards for cheaper than normal?

Amazon's price spiked back up to $81.58. I ordered one a week or so ago for $71.00

Takao

Banned
A2T3JpxCYAI_Ht3.jpg:large

Skyzard

Banned
All out for today minimoke but will add you and some tomorrow (psn is like Y_S).

I got cocky and screwed up. ):

Got a few people with that map ! But yeah need to remind myself not to play while smoking and to take it nice and slow/double check possibilities - love this app. My 'brain teaser' fix..

Smart way to hook you with the "in a row" feature being focussed on...and also I'm sure quite a few people with vitas will be expanding their friendslist now - especially if they realise how fun it can be - I don't think the initial tutorial is enough for that - they should set you up with 5 or so practice maps that you can play and don't count to score (offline only).

Me too :( Doing a few hundred miles of travelling next week so hopefully pick up some maps.

Man...I can imagine some people just driving around with their vita haha trying to pick up maps - shame mine isn't 3G...!

Also thanks lazybones18 for the Ragnarok Odyssey - Quick Look video, movement and controls look quite good actually...will consider it properly again! Might nab it while I wait for soul sacrifice.

Carl

they should set you up with 5 or so practice maps that you can play and don't count to score (offline only).

Man...I can imagine some people just driving around with their vita haha trying to pick up maps - shame mine isn't 3G...!

Definitely agree on the tutorial thing. After playing i had no idea what to do. Only when i had played a few and had some GAF help did i understand. Took me a few more maps to get any good at it, though.

I always leave my Vita on and auto Near on when i go anywhere. Doing about 200 miles next week then ~500 the week after, so should get some good hits :)

Skyzard

Banned
Definitely agree on the tutorial thing. After playing i had no idea what to do. Only when i had played a few and had some GAF help did i understand. Took me a few more maps to get any good at it, though.

Exactly the same for me, and I can see a lot of people giving up/dismissing the app because of it....which would be a shame tbh.

I always leave my Vita on and auto Near on when i go anywhere. Doing about 200 miles next week then ~500 the week after, so should get some good hits :)
So jealous.. :x

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
This whole transfaring thing for MGS HD Collection is complete BS. So because I played these games when the PS3 version came out I have to start completely over on the Vita?

Carl

Exactly the same for me, and I can see a lot of people giving up/dismissing the app because of it....which would be a shame tbh.

So jealous.. :x

Yeah they definitely could have done a better job at making it accessible and easy to understand.

Getting a 3G Vita was the best decision i made. I love the 3G-ness. Being sat on a train sending PSN messages is ace ;) Haha.

Andrefpvs

HOW!? I've been playing this game for more than 20h and surely it would have happened once, but nope. Also, did anyone get 100 000 in the daily mini-game?

God, I hate luck-based games, haha.

Purple token, dynamite and lightning.

Get lots of bonuses on the board, try to spread them out evenly with the shuffle button. Then let the time run out, all bonuses will activate.

If you're lucky, every token will be erased. Took me over 150 tries :(

Carl

I agree ! Had Vita with 3G subscription for 2 months. It's more fun than an iPhone 4S.

I only sub when i am going somewhere. i'll be purchasing a sub for this month, obviously. Hopefully there'll be lots of TP maps in the city. I live in the countryside so not many Vita people :(

zroid

Banned
Tethering wi-fi Vita to smartphone wi-fi hotspot >>>>>> paying extra for a 3G Vita + 3G plan

as a Canadian, I can't get a 3G Vita anyway so ¯\(°_o)/¯

patsu

Tethering wi-fi Vita to smartphone wi-fi hotspot >>>>>> paying extra for a 3G Vita + 3G plan

That will work too if your contract allows tethering (or you take the risk doing it without the telco's blessing), but I want to keep my 4S battery life separate from my Vita usage. It already lasts less than a day these days !

4G will eat battery life even more fiercely.

In any case, if you have anywhere Internet access on Vita and iOS/Android, you should be good.

Carl

as a Canadian, I can't get a 3G Vita anyway so ¯\(°_o)/¯

That's just make my phone battery die incredibly quickly, though :p And kill my phone's data allowance.

Massa

Calling non giant bomb videos quick looks is blasphemy especially with capital letters on Q and L.

Shame!!!!

Got me all excited :(

He could have called it "Quick Look on GiantBomb" and you'd still be a fool to believe Giant Bomb is covering an unreleased Japanese Vita game.

This whole transfaring thing for MGS HD Collection is complete BS. So because I played these games when the PS3 version came out I have to start completely over on the Vita?

sucks, but what can you do? but from a QA/programmer perspective....how would the game check your existing saves to see which achievements you have accomplished?

besides, i find that this way it separates the hardcore MGS fans from the casual players just out to get a free trophy
I plat'd MGS3HD on the PS3, and i intended to replay it on the vita to plat'd it again

i love the game THAT much

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yes. On top of that, 3G Vita should have more accurate and robust geolocation (for Vita games/apps).
This is why I bought the 3G Vita, but almost nothing uses the GPS and more personally, I never take the Vita out.
I found though testing my 3G Vita and a wifi version that location was still pretty much the same (in near and maps app).
Because of that I won't feel bad buying the white Vita bundle next month.

zroid

Banned
The 3G-less geolocation is like 100m off at most. Even in situations where precise location matters, like if you're at a crowded event, the 1-2km range will make that essentially a non-issue.

patsu

This is why I bought the 3G Vita, but almost nothing uses the GPS and more personally, I never take the Vita out.
I found though testing my 3G Vita and a wifi version that location was still pretty much the same (in near and maps app).
Because of that I won't feel bad buying the white Vita bundle next month.

I think it depends on where you live. In some areas, the Wifi geolocation may not work as well. 3G Vita combines 3G and Wifi geolocation for maximum accuracy (e.g., in indoor areas). So it should always outperform a Wifi unit where geolocation is concerned. That said, Sony improved Wifi geolocation in 1.80. So perhaps the experience is closer now.

Application-wise, I agree they have not used geolocation much. I'm hoping some future PS Mobile apps will change that. Cellphones have built-in GPS anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom