• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have

Retail:
Gravity Rush(haven't beat it)
Uncharted(haven't beat it)

Digital:
UMvC3(barely touched it)
Mortal kombat(beat story mode but nothing else)
Motorstorm rc (haven't beat it)
Mutant blob attacks(haven't beat it)
TOM Blitz

psp games:
Valkria chronicles 2(haven't touched it)
persona 3 portable (working on female playthrough)
Ys oath in felghana(barely touched it)
Trails in the sky (stuck and no where near finished)
little big planet (barely touched it)
harvest moon boy and girl (working my way through it)
harvest moon hero of leaf valley (barely touched it)
dissidia duodecim (barely touched story mode)
echochrome (barely touched it)

minis:
I must run

As you can see my backlog is building up real fast. I gotta start beating something

Upcoming

day one:
ragnarok odyssey
need for speed most wanted (if its good)
persona 4 the golden
soul sacrifice
assassin's creed 3 liberation (if its good)
call of duty black ops declassified (if its good)
god eater 2

I don´t want to be out guys!!
Vita games:
Fs018.jpg

Digital also!
h6DZ9.jpg

Psp (not shown Persona 2 IS, FFT)
cEjdf.jpg

I'll join in too!

Retail:
- Gravity Rush
- Metal Gear Solid HD
- Mortal Kombat
- Rayman Origins
- Wipeout 2048

Digital:
- Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
- Lumines Electronic Symphony
- Motorstorm RC
- Mutant Blobs Attack
- Ridge Racer
- Super Stardust Delta
- Virtua Tennis 4

PSP:
- Corpse Party
- Gradius Collection
- Half-Minute Hero
- Hot Shots Tennis
- LOH: Trails in the Sky
- Persona 3 Portable
- PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe
- Tactics Ogre
- Valkyria Chronicles II

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Have

Uncharted
Hot Shots Golf
Wipeout 2048
Resistance
Asphalt Injection
Unit 13 (still sealed, will probably start this since I just finished Devil Survivor 2)

Digital
Super Stardust
Motorostorm RC
Treasures of Montazuma.

Thinking of grabbing Disgaea 3, even though I barely touched 3 on PS3, something about the sprites looking terrible on my flatscreen. Does it look better on the Vita at least?

Thinking of grabbing Disgaea 3, even though I barely touched 3 on PS3, something about the sprites looking terrible on my flatscreen. Does it look better on the Vita at least?

It looks the same to me at least, but it´s so much better playing it everywhere than in a home console (exactly the same happened to me)

lepo

on top of my head

Retail
Blaze Blue LE
Uncharted GA
Gravity Rush
Ninja Gaiden
Rayman Origins
Metal Gear Solid HD collection

Digital
Mutant Blob
Virtua Tennis 4
Ridge Racer
Super Startdust Delta
Escape Plan

PSP
Tits
Metal Slug
Lunar Silver Star Harmony
Dissidia 012
Resistance Retribution
Sega megadrive collection
P3P

Minis
Velocity

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member
Retail: Hot Shots, Uncharted, Disgaea 3, Tales of Innocence R (import)
Digital: Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Motorstorm RC, Montezuma's Treasure, Super Stardust Delta
PSP: Ys 1 & 2, 3, 7, Prinny 1, Wild Arms XF, P3P, Valkyria Chronicles 2

And I just got a 2nd memory card to put Japanese PSN stuff on. I'm starting with the UMD passport versions of Growlanser and Sakura Taisen 1 & 2 (hooray for Japan Codes and Diablo 3 RMAH paypal money).

attach rate looks very high based on what everyone has posted. personally:

retail:
uncharted
metal gear
mortal kombat
rayman
wipeout
gravity rush

dd:
lumines
motorstorm rc
virtual tennis 4
hot shots golf

psp:
ghost of sparta
pjm deluxe
chinatown wars
liberty city stories
+ more that i cant think of right now

FireCloud

I posted my collection a while back. I have added to it with the Gamestop summer sale and the Atlus sale.

It's good to see everyone's collection to see what kind of games everyone is interested in.

I wonder what the attach rate for the Vita is? It looks as though most of us have purchased several Vita games not to mention the bump in PSP digital titles that must have happened.

Ehhhhhh why not....

Retail:

Ninja Gaiden
MGS HD Collection
Gravity Rush

Digital (PSP):

Maverick Hunter X
FF Tactics WotL
Corpse Party

The only game on my radar in the near future is AC3.

zroid

Banned
I feel really stupid now for not claiming the two free PSN Apology games for PSP. I don't even remember the selection now, but I'm quite sure there was at least one I had interest in.

I feel really stupid now for not claiming the two free PSN Apology games for PSP. I don't even remember the selection now, but I'm quite sure there was at least one I had interest in.

I regret so much not getting WipEout HD and Killzone Liberation :/

At least LBP PSP works :p

tearsofash

Physical:
Hot Shots Golf
Gravity Rush (sold)
Mortal Kombat (sold)

Digital:

Blazblue Extend
Lumines Electronic Symphony
TOM Blitz
Pure Chess

Minis:
Athena
Bermuda Triangle
Age of Zombies
Dynogems
Aero Racer
Blast off
Echoes
Flying hamster

PSP:

Darkstalkers Chronicle
Ys: Oath in Felghana
Corpse Party
Final Fantasy IV complete collection
Dissidia duodecim

patsu

Can you transfer them over if they are not in bubble form anymore ?

I chose KZ Liberation and LBP PSP, but I don't think I can transfer them over.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I regret not choosing Killzone. I didn't like any of the games I chose on either platform.

ZeroAKA

I actually redeemed the two games (LittleBigPlanet and Killzone Liberation) a month ago, and the vouchers still worked. I don't remember how exactly I did it, but it involved going using the PS3.

DD:
NG sigma+
UMVC3
VT4
Super stardust
Lumines (aka digital crack)

Retail:
MGS hd
Gravity Rush
Wipeout
Unit 13

Damn, looking at this in black and white really makes me realize how much money I've spent. With that being said, bring on jet set radio, FFX hd, and RCR. No gaemz huh?

mingus

I just noticed, was the thread title always "general discussion thread" or did it only recently lose the "advice" moniker?

My collection is as follows:
I ain't sayin' nuttin'!

Kogepan

Retail: MGS HD, Gravity Rush, Unit 13, Lumines
Digital : Motorstorm, Super Stardust Delta, Mutant Blob, Hustle Kings
Mini: Fieldrunners

Have:

Uncharted Golden Abyss
Virtua Tennis 4
Ridge Racer
Gravity Rush
Resistance Burning Skies
Unit 13
Wipeout 2048
Rayman Origins

Had:

Mortal Kombat
Ninja Gaiden Sigma + (trade it in yesterday)

PSN:

Mutant Blobs Attack
Motorstorm RC
Super Stardust Delta

PSP:

Lego Batman 1
Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins
God of War Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus
Megaman Maverick X

Want:

Jet Set Radio
MH freedom Unite (don't have any ad hoc friends, though)
Sly Cooper Thieves In Time (wait for reviews)
PS1 Compatability ;)

Preordered/fully paid:

Persona 4 The Golden
Assassins Creed 3 Liberation
Little Big Planet Vita

you guys are confusing the shit out of me, in that other Vita thread there was a bunch people saying Vita are no haz any gaemz, then I come in here and you guys are posting so many games, I just don't know who to believe, you people who actually own the thing or the other people who don't but know more about it's future than Sony apparently does...

to buy or not to buy?

I made it through the World Tour in Virtua Tennis 4. It ended up being pretty short, but apparently I didn't do so well, as a message popped up saying as much. Never quite got enough stars, or didn't make it to the tournaments on time, so I'm definitely playing through it again. Beat the bastard in the Final, though.

Is the lag too bad I'm scared to jump in

Nah. This is the second time I've played the PSP version. If you didn't know about it going in, you would think it was normal (unless it gets worse later on, I'm only half way through right now). Don't remember it really bothering me the first time either though.

It does lack any form of a tutorial though. I didn't remember that. Unless I missed it, there is nothing that tells you how to change jobs and spend points. But, yeah. You can immediately start doing all that shit, so be aware if it's your first time. It isn't a complicated game.

One of my absolute favorite games ever.

you guys are confusing the shit out of me, in that other Vita thread there was a bunch people saying Vita are no haz any gaemz, then I come in here and you guys are posting so many games, I just don't know who to believe, you people who actually own the thing or the other people who don't but know more about it's future that Sony apparently does...

to buy or not to buy?
There are a shit ton of games to buy for this system. Good effing games. I honestly don't understand the whole "Vita has no games" thing. I've literally never owned a game system that had as many great games available this soon after it's launch. And I've just about owned them all.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I made it through the World Tour in Virtua Tennis 4. It ended up being pretty short, but apparently I didn't do so well, as a message popped up saying as much. Never quite got enough stars, or didn't make it to the tournaments on time, so I'm definitely playing through it again. Beat the bastard in the Final, though.
What was your final star count? I keep getting told I'm behind where I should be by the rival tennis player.

kitzkozan

My collection:

Retail:

nothing so far :p

DD:

Motorstorm RC

PSP:

Persona
Persona 2 IS
Persona 3
FF IV complete
Ultimate G&G
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Killzone liberation
Street Fighter Alpha 3 max

Will buy:

Super Stardust Delta
Gravity Rush
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Lumines
Persona 4
FF X
Rayman Origin
Ass Creed 3 (maybe)
Wipeout 2048 (plenty of content if you also have HD)

Will buy PSP games:

Ys 1,2,3,7
FF I & II if they become available on US PSN
FF tactic WOTL
FF III (if it come over?)
Tactic Ogre
Persona 2 Eternal punishment if it's released in the west
Ratchet and Clank size matter?
Valkyria chronicles 2
GTA Chinatown wars

Rahk

There are a ton of games to buy for this system. Good effing games. I honestly don't understand the whole "Vita has no games" thing. I've literally never owned a game system that had as many great games available this soon after it's launch. And I've just about owned them all.
Especially if you haven't played a lot of PSP games like myself, there's a huge selection of fantastic games.

Very close to rebuying a Vita today. I sold my original due to sudden money woes that have since subsided. But I really want to focus on school this semester and don't need any more distractions; I already have a 3DS practically glued to my hands as of late.

So haaaaaaard. D:

What was your final star count? I keep getting told I'm behind where I should be by the rival tennis player.
I kept getting those same messages.

My final star count was 654. I was playing on casual, don't know if that had an effect on number of stars. Going with a higher difficulty next time.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I kept getting those same messages.

My final star count was 654. I was playing on casual, don't know if that had an effect on number of stars. Going with a higher difficulty next time.
I have about the same number of stars now and I'm finishing the season right after the off-season stretch. I don't know how much further I have to go.

I asked the same question in this thread, so if it does make a difference, tell me.

you guys are confusing the shit out of me, in that other Vita thread there was a bunch people saying Vita are no haz any gaemz, then I come in here and you guys are posting so many games, I just don't know who to believe, you people who actually own the thing or the other people who don't but know more about it's future than Sony apparently does...

to buy or not to buy?

The Vita has games, most certainly. The games it does have, are generally really well done. Sure, they might not all be differentiated from the HD console games, but they're there. More on the way, including it's own spinoff of Assassins Creed 3, Call of Duty Black Ops 2 as well as a few Sony Mainstays like Little Big Planet, Sly Cooper, PSAllStars Battle...

Some games are coming along slower than I'd like, but the system is pure class and I'm impressed with the feel and experiences brought aboit on Vita. I'm a non Sony fanboy, never had/still have no interest in PS3 - but wanted to own and experience some games under the PS umbrella.

I own a 360, where I can experience the MS exclusives, a 3DS (soon an XL as well) and Wii for the Nintendo exclusives and unique dual screen games, too.

I actually own far more 3DS games (nearly 20 high profile games RE, MK, Kid Icarus, Tales Abyss, etc.) and even though I prefer 3DS a little more often - I do not regret Vita. In fact, itd seem almost criminal if it failed. The system and it's capabilities are not without refinement, but those things take time. It's only been released in the west for 5 months (in a few days) - so its doing about what I'd expect for a system that young, release wise.

If what Sony offers (missed out on their series' this gen) is interesting to you, it's definitely getting my recommendation.

As a side note - id like for more PSP games to be available on the Vita PSN storefront. Never had PSP or PS3, why not make the already compatible games available to non PS3 owners?

kitzkozan

Especially if you haven't played a lot of PSP games like myself, there's a huge selection of fantastic games.

Speaking for myself, Vita is basically the PSP I wanted. :p I tried the PSP, but couldn't even connect to the internet because it doesn't support WPA 2 encrypted modems (how stupid is that? 0_0 ) . Vita is the vastly superior PSP in every way and it will soon play the PSone classics+ build it's own library of games (which I have a feeling might not be as japanese centric as the PSP) .

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
more about stupid PSP prices again

this was the old list of full prices crazy PSP games.
-Ace Combat Joint Assault (2010) $39.99
-Blazing Souls Accelate (2010) $34.99
-Cars 2 (2011) $29.99
-Cloudy with a chance of meatballs (2009) $29.99
-Dead or Alive Paradise (2010) $29.99
-Dirt 2 (2009) $29.99
-DJMAX Portable 3 (2010) $39.99
-Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce (2009) $29.99
-The Eye of Judgement Legends (2010) $29.99
-FIFA soccer 11 (2010) $29.99
-FIFA soccer 12 (2011) $39.99
-Gangs of London (2007) $22.99
-Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 (2009) $29.99
-IL-2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey (2009) $29.99
-Lego Harry Potter Year 1-4 (2010) $29.99
-Locoroco (2008) $22.99 (note Locoroco 2 -2009 is for $7.99)
-Lord of the Rings Aragorn's Quest (2010) $29.99
-Parappa the Rapper (2008) $22.99
-Petz Dogz Family/Petz Hamsterz Bunch/Petz Saddle Club (all 2009) $29.99 each
-Persuit Force (2009) $22.99
-Soul Calibur Broken Destiny (2009) $39.99
-Tekken 6 (2009) $39.99
-UFC Undisputed (2010) $29.99
-Undead Knights (2009) $39.99
-Warriors Orochi 2 (2009) $29.99

did a search on the store for more crazy prices and insane publishers.

-Assassin's Creed Bloodlines (2009) $19.99 UMD is cheaper+most of the real -AssCreed games (the good ones) on all system are cheaper or at the same price as this shit one
-BlazBlue:Continuum Shift 2 (2011) $24.99 BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND for Vita is selling now at the same price
-BUZZ Quiz World (2009) $19.99 not only old but the PS3 version is like $9 or something
-Dante Inferno (2010) $19.99 old+the superior console version are way cheaper
-Disgaea 2 Dark hero Days (2009) $19.99 port of D2 on PS2 (2006)
-Dissidia 012[duodecim] $19.99 (2011)/ Dissidia Final Fantasy(2011) $19.99 why the updated version/sequel is the same price as the first one?
-Driver 76 (2009) $19.99 This is in fact not an 2009 but 2007 release and need to be at $9.99
-Echoshift (2010) $14.99 yeah no, $9.99 is more than enough for this
-God of War Chains of Olympus (2009) $19.99 / God of War Ghost of Sparta (2010) $19.99 GoW origin Collection on PS3 is 39.99 with better framerate,full HD and trophies.
-GTA Liberty City Stories (2009) $19.99 got released on UMD in 2005 actually and the UMD and PS2 version are way cheaper everywhere on this planet
-Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley (2010) 29.99 full price is crazy,need to be lower
-Hot Shots Golf:Open Tee 2 (2009) $29.99 it's an 2008 game,and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (superior game on Vita) is cheaper.
-Hot Shots Tennis Get a Grip (2010) $19.99 what a joke,the UMD is for $7 on Amazon,PS2 version is $6 , PSP Dual Pack -with open Tee- is for $15
-Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontirer (2009) $19.99 old game, need to be lower
-James Cameron Avatar The Game (2009) $19.99 consoles and PC versions sells for $2
-Lego Batman The Videogame (2009) $19.99 need to be lower,you can have it with Pure for $15 on 360.
-Lemmings (2009) $15.99 2006 port of the original, this need to be $5 max
-LittelBigPlanet (2009) $19.99 there is a new LBP coming for Vita they can't be serious here
-MLB 2k10 (2009) $19.99 MLB 2k11(2009) $19.99 lolz and lulz
-Marvel Super Hero Squad (2009) $19.99 old, need to be cheaper
-Me & My katamari (2009) $19.99 Touch My Katamari (2012) is 19.99..so yeah.
-Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (2009) $19.99 UMD and Wii version got released in 2007
-MediEvil Resurrection (2008) $16.99 originally released in 2005,it's a freaking PSP launch title and should be $10 or even $5
-Metal Slug Anthology (2009) $19.99 UMD released in 2006,so it's old as hell and need a cut
-Midnigh Club L.A Remix (2009) $19.99 UMD relesed in 2008 and it's bad port of -Midnight Club: L.A
-Mortal Kombat Unchained (2009) $19.99 port of Mortal Kombat: Deception (2004 game)need a huge cut
-MX vs ATV Untamed (2009) $19.99 MX vs ATV Reflex (2009) $19.99 Untamed is 2007 release and why it's the same price as Reflex?
-NBA 2k10 (2009) $19.99 / NBA 2k11 (2010) $19.99 smh
-Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands (2010) $19.99 Amazone sell P360 version for $9,PC for $5
-Samurai Shodown Anthology (2009) $19.99 smh
-Secret Agent Clank (2009) $19.99 On Amazon the UMD version (2008) is $7 and PS2 $14
-SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1 (2009) $19.99 can't smh anymore
-Split/Second (2010) $19.00 need to be lower since the port is not on par with the console version.
-Untold Legends Brotherhood of Blade (2008) $14.99/Untold Legends The Warrior's Code (2008) $14.99 brotherhood was a PSP launch title in 2005,and Code is 2006 release nothing more to say here.
-WieEout Pulse (2009) $22.99 there is WieEout and Pulse is like the cheapest game you get on UMD ($2)
-Worms battle Islands (2010) 24.99 need to be lower
-WWE All Stars (2011) $29.99 / WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 (2010) $39.99 full prices..lolololololz
-Z.H.P. (2010) $29.99 NIS just don't want to sell their niech dungeon crawler thingy

Someone need to fix this asap,Sony need to get a robot clone of Gabe (AiboGaben)or something.

Afrikan

It is VERY obvious that someone is not doing their jobs correctly in Foster City...or where ever the PS Store is based at.

its like the workers don't give a shit....as if, they just show up, then go home. Usually I don't hate if you got it like that...but f'u if you are messing with my game purchasing decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom