• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
this worries me

I love your posts BTW ^_^

I felt they were skewing west, when they unveiled as "NGP" - I feel Sony decided to gamble, cede Japan sales and library expansion, in order to gain western traction and target western gamers/companies, for the Vita experiences. It's an odd move to make, but I think Sony saw tech/touchscreen/iOS growth in the west and saw a shrinking Japanese gaming market/economy and think they can gain more from a western model.

:/

Speaking for myself, Vita is basically the PSP I wanted. :p I tried the PSP, but couldn't even connect to the internet because it doesn't support WPA 2 encrypted modems (how stupid is that? 0_0 ) . Vita is the vastly superior PSP in every way and it will soon play the PSone classics+ build it's own library of games (which I have a feeling might not be as japanese centric as the PSP) .
The best thing the Vita has that I'd miss if I went back to the PSP - are the analog STICKS. Not analog nubs, but actual sticks. What a difference those sticks make. I wasn't sure about their build at first, but now I love them. The d-pad is pretty damn nifty too.

My only complaint is that the right stick and X button are closer than I'd like. Though I must getting used to that as well because it's not been an issue lately.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The best thing the Vita has that I'd miss if I went back to the PSP - are the analog STICKS. Not analog nubs, but actual sticks. What a difference those sticks make. I wasn't sure about their build at first, but now I love them. The d-pad is pretty damn nifty too.

My only complaint is that the right stick and X button are closer than I'd like. Though I must be getting use to that as well because it's not been an issue lately.

I said it before after I got my Vita, playing PSP games with real analogue stick made a day and night difference here, many games now actually enjoyable and most of the are way better to handel it's just crazy.

The "slide" nubs/pad/stick or whatever it's called is total garbage.

Rahk

Speaking for myself, Vita is basically the PSP I wanted. :p I tried the PSP, but couldn't even connect to the internet because it doesn't support WPA 2 encrypted modems (how stupid is that? 0_0 ) . Vita is the vastly superior PSP in every way and it will soon play the PSone classics+ build it's own library of games (which I have a feeling might not be as japanese centric as the PSP) .
Yeah, totally.

At some point I lost interest in playing the PSP so I missed out on a lot of games, but digital distribution makes it so much easier to just buy games on a whim (I know PSP had this, but that didn't become prevalent until after I stopped playing).

Lucent

I feel really stupid now for not claiming the two free PSN Apology games for PSP. I don't even remember the selection now, but I'm quite sure there was at least one I had interest in.

I completely forgot about this, and now you've made me feel stupid, too. =(

Lucent

don't feel bad about it,no one at that time knew that Vita will become the superior way to play PSP games.

Yeah. That analog nub was horrible. I could feel my grip on it slipping and I'd have to let go and push on it again to keep running. Made playing Monster Hunter a pain. Not to mention the "hurr use the claw". Okay, I'll go ahead and get arthritis playing this. So worth it.

thuway

It really bothers me that Jak and Daxter PSP, and Ratchet and Clank PSP are still $19.99. Both should be $9.99. Straight bullshit.

zroid

Banned
I love your posts BTW ^_^

I felt they were skewing west, when they unveiled as "NGP" - I feel Sony decided to gamble, cede Japan sales and library expansion, in order to gain western traction and target western gamers/companies, for the Vita experiences. It's an odd move to make, but I think Sony saw tech/touchscreen/iOS growth in the west and saw a shrinking Japanese gaming market/economy and think they can gain more from a western model.

:/

lol, thanks, I think :p

This whole premise is what concerns me most. Sony is chasing after the spectre of an audience that wants tons of PS3 ports and cinematic console games in a handheld format. The Vita seems especially designed to court developers of those games (and they are mostly in the West).

The result of this scheme will culminate (in the short term) with the release of AC Liberation and CoD later this year. If these games manage to be successful and sell hardware, well, I guess they'll have made the right call.

But I personally feel the Vita has the most to gain elsewhere. Sony should be wooing indie devs who don't want to be restricted by limited inputs and an app store filled with mostly junk. They should be capturing the interest of the Japanese developers who are making medium-budget games on PSP and 3DS, because that's where those games thrive today, and they originate mostly in Japan.

If only Sony would stop pretending that the Vita is a PS3, then I think it has the potential to be one of the best handhelds ever. But first they have to embrace the fact that it's a handheld system.

Afrikan

I completely forgot about this, and now you've made me feel stupid, too. =(

I swore I was going to choose Pursuit Force even though I had no PSP, but guess I just never got around to it apparently.

its not in my downloads folder....yall think it might be some other way of doing it? Maybe account management redeeming or something. Or it might be on another profile...sigh, i forget...will try to check again later.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It really bothers me that Jak and Daxter PSP, and Ratchet and Clank PSP are still $19.99. Both should be $9.99. Straight bullshit.

well SCEA is biggest offender when it comes to this.

-The Eye of Judgement Legends (2010) $29.99
-Gangs of London (2007) $22.99
-Locoroco (2008) $22.99
-Parappa the Rapper (2008) $22.99
-Persuit Force (2009) $22.99
-Echoshift (2010) $14.99
-God of War Chains of Olympus (2009) $19.99
-God of War Ghost of Sparta (2010) $19.99
-Hot Shots Golf:Open Tee 2 (2009) $29.99
-Hot Shots Tennis Get a Grip (2010) $19.99
-Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontirer (2009) $19.99
-Lemmings (2009) $15.99
-LittleBigPlanet (2009) $19.99
-MediEvil Resurrection (2008) $16.99
-Secret Agent Clank (2009) $19.99
-Untold Legends Brotherhood of Blade (2008) $14.99
-Untold Legends The Warrior's Code (2008) $14.99
-WieEout Pulse (2009) $22.99

If SCEA don't lead the way and lower the prices on their games first no one will do it.

patsu

you guys are confusing the shit out of me, in that other Vita thread there was a bunch people saying Vita are no haz any gaemz, then I come in here and you guys are posting so many games, I just don't know who to believe, you people who actually own the thing or the other people who don't but know more about it's future than Sony apparently does...

Sony's target is to release 60 big and small Vita games by end of their (fiscal ?) year. Not sure if all can meet the schedule but some are out already. I own 13 Vita games at this moment.

Since I didn't play many PSP games, I am trying to go through that library too. So far, I have 5 PSP games. However, not all PSP games are compatible with Vita yet. Sony release them in batches on a weekly basis. They probably prefer us to buy Vita games to encourage new development.

And then there are PSP Minis.

By end of this year, we will also get PSP One classics if you're interested in that library.

The games are here. Some people are "just" looking for all new IPs. Some are looking for their favorite franchises. Some complain about the late PSOne compatibility. Some demand for missing PSP titles because they are not in the store yet. Some complain that the price of old games are too expensive.

But the library is here and growing nonetheless.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
lunch said:
I have about the same number of stars now and I'm finishing the season right after the off-season stretch. I don't know how much further I have to go.
There are 4 seasons, 1 off-season, and 1-post season if you do well-enough (I think you need to hit at least 1000 by end of season 4). Top scores can go beyond 1600.

Anyway - I've just got platinum on VT4 a few days ago - and it's by far the longest trophy hunt I've ever done, the last trophy is basically pure grind, is online-only, and requires a lot of hours even if you "cheat/boost" through it.
But to be fair, I mostly done it through regular play - when it works(there are quite a bit of issues with online now and then), the online play is quite fun.

kuroshiki

Hey those of you who have Japanese version of Hot shots golf vita, today Sony released that they will add one more DLC character for free, if you do the survey in their site until 9/2.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/mingol/6/info/pickup/20120719_pickup_01.html

her name is Erica.

erika.png

8tnu0100002hinbq.jpg

Hope we can get her free as well.

OmegaZero

I wish Vita could get a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 port-make.

I'm guessing that it won't be possible since NGS+ runs at 30fps, even with the reduced amount of detail. :/

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hey those of you who have Japanese version of Hot shots golf vita, today Sony released that they will add one more DLC character for free, if you do the survey in their site until 9/2.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/mingol/6/info/pickup/20120719_pickup_01.html

her name is Erica.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/mingol/6/info/pickup/8tnu0100002hin6j-img/erika.png
[IMG]http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/mingol/6/info/pickup/8tnu0100002hin6j-img/8tnu0100002hinbq.jpg[

Hope we can get her free as well.[/QUOTE]

come on SCE,it's the series 15th anniversary, they should give all of us tons of free DLCs for the game(and lower the prices of the old minagol games too).

Sintoid

come on SCE,it's the series 15th anniversary, they should give all of us tons of free DLCs for the game(and lower the prices of the old minagol games too).

I'd be happy if SCEE would localize latest Hotshot/Everybody's Golf update :( but there's no sign of it :(

Might as well list my purchased games - AbandonedTrolley

Retail
Rayman Origins
MGS HD Collection
Dungeon Hunter : Alliance
Everybodys Golf
Gravity Rush
Virtua Tennis 4
Uncharted:GA (Sold)

Digital
Mutant Blobs
Wipeout 2048/HD
Ridge Racer : Ultimate Edition
Pure Chess
Hustle Kings
PulzAr

PSP
Gran Turismo
LittleBigPlanet
Persona 3

Also have the free TOMBlitz and free AR games on there too.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sony is running a ""Antiboredom Campaign" in the nordic countries.. trying to put some focus on the machine during summertime.

at least they are trying to promote Vita.

not sure what is going on since can't understand that language but at least they mentioned Gravity Rush..so it's all ok.

but oh well SCE is a big snow ball of fail when it come to marketing (not only for Vita) and I doubt they will do anything good for the summer anywhere in this planet.

I bought a vita three days ago and I love it. This is a great piece of hardware.
I already own Uncharted, Wipeout and Motorstorm ( great game but please, sony ...give me a real motorstorm game with online mp)

If anyone wants to add me: PerfectDarky

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I bought a vita three days ago and I love it. This is a great piece of hardware.
I already own Uncharted, Wipeout and Motorstorm ( great game but please, sony ...give me a real motorstorm game with online mp)

If anyone wants to add me: PerfectDarky

Welcome to the club.

buy Gravity Rush ( it's game of the year).

sadly Motorstom is a complete dead IP right now to SCEE and Evolution Studios just got Project Gotham Racing's lead designer Ged Talbot so their next game will most likely be more like PGR or Blur.

SmokyDave

Am I the only Vita owner that is slightly underwhelmed with Gravity Rush? I love the graphics, sound, controls and presentation but the actual missions are, just, kinda, boring.

Cool game though, still glad I bought it, it's just nowhere near my GoTY.

My current Vita games are as follows:

(All digital, all day)

Dynasty Warriors: Next
Gravity Rush
Hot Shots
Hustle Kings
Lumines
MGS Collection
Mortal Kombat
Motorstorm RC
Mutant Blobs
Rayman: Origins
Ridge Racer
Super Stardust Delta
Touch My Katamari
Uncharted: GA
WipEout 2048

I think that's all of them, although I don't have my Vita with me to check. Such a good system.

Am I the only Vita owner that is slightly underwhelmed with Gravity Rush? I love the graphics, sound, controls and presentation but the actual missions are, just, kinda, boring.
I still haven't gotten further than chapter 8, so I guess that implies it's not as good as I was hoping for.

Kyon

Banned
Dude, I love Sailor Moon. I'm downloading all those right now!

And stop throwing shade on P3P! lol <3 PopGAF

That's the only thing i've been PLAYING hun lmao its a totally different game playing as a female *.* no shade from me anymore I get to date Akihiko *O* <3

Zen

Banned

Cool game though, still glad I bought it, it's just nowhere near my GOTY

How far are you? Spoiler that if necessary. I generally agreed early on but sometime around the midpoint things improve and you really come to grips with how to flourish while playing, which complements the increasing complexity fairly well (even though the missions are always relatively straightforward). Sometime around
downtown
I fell in love with the game.

Welcome to the club.

buy Gravity Rush ( it's game of the year).
You're as bad as Carl. It's certainly not bad advice though.

I really liked Gravity Rush, but there are elements of it that are wholeheartedly average. The central mechanic is gobsmackingly excellent, though, and it has a lot of charm. Kat is a fun character. A sequel should be really excellent.

OK here's my list, im from the UK.

Already owned

Physical
&#8226; Gravity Rush - my game of the year so far
&#8226; Metal Gear solid HD Collection - If this wasn't technically a really old game it would be equal GotY for me. Its just still sooooo good.
&#8226; Uncharted - really good game. 3 play throughs so far
&#8226; UMvC3 - I just have a little blast on it now and then. Online needs fixing from quiters
&#8226; Everybody's Golf - not into sports games but this one is fun
&#8226; Resistance BS - not as bad as some reviews say but still still not great
&#8226; Wipeout 2048 (plus DLC) - Awesome game. Looks and plays amazingly well

Digital
&#8226; Unit 13 - Underated. My first platinum, and really fun game
&#8226; Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - main combat is fun but bosses are horrible.
&#8226; Modnation Racers - fix the damn frame rate and it would be good
&#8226; Mutant Blobs
&#8226; Super Stardust Delta
&#8226; Escape Plan
&#8226; Motorstorm RC - This games not bad.... got about half way through it. Might go back at somepoint.
&#8226; ToM Blitz - Its free. worth it for that price lol
&#8226; Plants Vs Zombies - best tower defence game ever
&#8226; Paint Park

Mini's
&#8226; Urbanix - free
&#8226; Puzzlescape - practically free
&#8226; some match 3 game I forgot the name of - free

PSP
&#8226; Trials in the Sky - Just started and it seems really good so far
&#8226; Luna Silver star harmony - looks great, plays well, just really really easy but relaxing to play
&#8226; Daxter - Half way through, fun little game
&#8226; Tactics Ogre
&#8226; God of war CoO and GoS - surprised how good these looked.
&#8226; Disgaea 2
&#8226; Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - not bad. put about 20 hours in. not sure how much more il bother playing it
&#8226; Gods Eater burst - more action oriented that Monster hunter. Enjoyed about 20 hours then got bored due to lack of variety

Don't own

Games I might buy
&#8226; Dungeon hunter alliance - if i see it for £10-15
&#8226; Rayman - not huge on platformers but the demo was fun

Stuff I'm looking forward to
&#8226; COD - if its good, just to have a decent competitive shooter to play now and then.
&#8226; Assassins creed
&#8226; RCR
&#8226; Ragnarock O - If it comes to the UK
&#8226; Sonic racing
&#8226; Soul Sacrifice - as long as it comes to the UK

Other big thing I want is PSO 2 but that wont be till next year. Other games are mostly maybes for me depending on my mood at the time. Stuff like PS all stars and sly cooper.

I seem to have bought so many games for this thing its crazy. 28 games so far. Cripes

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
You're as bad as Carl. It's certainly not bad advice though.

Carl is a true hero and a scholar (Mutant blob is amazing..srsly)

but I'm just on the Gravity Rush bus till the Folklore Vita port get announced then I'm returning to my old holy sacred agenda of folkloring.

waypoetic

Banned
Sony is running a ""Antiboredom Campaign" in the nordic countries.. trying to put some focus on the machine during summertime.

at least they are trying to promote Vita.

Seems like that is only for Denmark though. Not suprised really, the middlehand/man for Sony PlayStation here in Scandinavia is Nordisk Film (a danish company) and they don't promote PS-products in Sweden at all. All those who bought a Vita got one because they either know of PlayStation or someone told them about the console. Sony really needs a PlayStation HQ over here..

kadotsu

Banned
I bought (All digital):

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Escape Plan
Everybody's Golf
Gravity Rush
Hustle Kings
Motorstorm RC
Super Stardust Delta
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!!!
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Virtua Tennis 4

Wishlist:

Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation
Chronovolt
DJ Max Technika TUNE
Dokuro
Dragon's Crown
Guacamelee
Kick Beat
LittleBigPlanet
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Malicious Rebirth
New King's Story
Persona 4: The Golden
SINE MORA
Snapshot
Soul Sacrifice
Sound Shapes
Touch My Katamari
Urban Trials

There's enough stuff for me to fill the next 18 months (if released in my region/import possible). I still wish there was more support, especially from Japanese devs.

demigod

I'm surprised Ubisoft isn't charging a premium for Assassin's Creed.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, DD future is stupid. Any platform going full DD at those prices are going to fail. Those PSP prices are so laughable.

bede-x

you guys are confusing the shit out of me, in that other Vita thread there was a bunch people saying Vita are no haz any gaemz, then I come in here and you guys are posting so many games, I just don't know who to believe

The other thread is a sales thread and what they mean is Vita hasn't got any system sellers, which is kinda true, but that doesn't have to impact on the amount of fun people can have with the system.

Cool game though, still glad I bought it, it's just nowhere near my GoTY.

It does fall apart in later levels and the mission structure, but even so I think it's an easy game to love because of the style, the characters and the world. Can't help but wish there were more big publishers that would invest in something like this, faults and all.

the thing that made Gravity rush for me was the world and the exploring to find gems and the time traveller couple bits. I loved that. The missions were fine if a little simplistic at times. However I found them a lot more fun than most open world games missions.

Hanmik

Seems like that is only for Denmark though. Not suprised really, the middlehand/man for Sony PlayStation here in Scandinavia is Nordisk Film (a danish company) and they don't promote PS-products in Sweden at all. All those who bought a Vita got one because they either know of PlayStation or someone told them about the console. Sony really needs a PlayStation HQ over here..

sweden is here..

http://www.facebook.com/SonyPlayStationSverige/app_143693789100425

norway is here:

http://www.facebook.com/SonyPlayStationNorge/app_143693789100425

and so on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom