• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
mes are rumored to be making a new IP, I am guessing one will show up
Killzone Vita should be quite far in development, also Cambridge's last game was in 2010 plus they have merged with Gurilla Games

from reading that story it seems SCE Cambridge didn't actually "merged" with GG and they still their own studio, SCEE just put them to work closely with GG on Killzone Vita for now.

here is what sony said.
It has been decided that Cambridge Studios will become closely linked with [Guerrilla] Studios and as such will focus on bringing the Killzone franchise to PlayStation Vita.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-01-10-sony-closing-bigbig-studios-restructuring-cambridge

this is nothing like merging studios at all.

Lucent

The only retail game I've bought is Hot Shots Golf, because I bought it before I made the decision to go all digital. Since it's always in my Vita, it's basically a digital game, though. I guess I'll go ahead and post my list:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Rayman Origins
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Touch My Katamari
Unit 13
Gravity Rush
Mutant Blobs Attack
Motorstorm RC

And then a ton of PSP games:

Ys Seven
Third Birthday
Corpse Party
Trails in the Sky
Valkyria Chronicles II
Kakouki
Clandun
Half-Minute Hero
Class of Heroes
Persona
Persona 2
Persona 3
Crimson Gem Saga
Hexy Force
Kenka Bancho
Riveria
Yggdra Union
Knights in the Nightmare

Damn. You bought like ALL of the Atlus sale up. lol.

KAL2006

Banned
I still don't undestand the need to go all digital with singleplayer games. For example Gravity Rush, most people will play the game and finish it then put it away with a chance of replaying it somewhere down the line. Why have it waste memory card space with a singleplayer game like Gravity Rush where you will play it and not touch it for a while. Of course with multiplayer games I understand having the need to have those games digitally as there is a chance you will have a few matches on those games. For ecample with UMvC3 and Virtua Tennis 4, I always want access to them as I play them quite often.

StuBurns

Banned
its more of a file size issue for me. Anything over 1.5 Gigs or so is a non go for DD, I have a 32 gig card but the prices of them are so expensive that it doesn't make sense IMO
The real issue comes with imports, you can have a second PSN account on the Vita if you jump through hoops, so you could buy them on PSN, or you could import them on carts, so you can have the convenience of using your normal account with no bullshit, or the nice addition of DLC. DJMax, Persona 4 and 999-2 are all on the cards for imports for me this year. I know Sony are better than the other two when it comes to region freedom, but it could be so much better.

Retail:
Uncharted
Wipeout
Unit 13
Modnation
Gravity Rush
MGS HD

Digital:
Stardust
Mutant Blobs
MotorStorm
Hustle Kings
Virtua Tennis

PSP:
Mega Man X
P3P

zroid

Banned
I still don't undestand the need to go all digital with singleplayer games. For example Gravity Rush, most people will play the game and finish it then put it away with a chance of replaying it somewhere down the line. Why have it waste memory card space with a singleplayer game like Gravity Rush where you will play it and not touch it for a while. Of course with multiplayer games I understand having the need to have those games digitally as there is a chance you will have a few matches on those games. For ecample with UMvC3 and Virtua Tennis 4, I always want access to them as I play them quite often.

This is how I feel. And I don't play multiplayer games, so I don't have much reason to buy anything digitally. I'd rather save that memory space for the the obligate download PSP and PSN games.

That said, there are a few single player games which I would come back to repeatedly such as puzzlers (like Lumines). Unfortunately I dislike Lumines, but if there were a retail Puzzle Fighter on Vita, I would download that so hard.

KAL2006

Banned
(I'm nearly-all retail buyer) but I imho the main reason is to avoid another "PSP/PS2 case" where the only way to get BC is digital games you have bought.

Well I doubt there will be a PSP3/Vita2 and if there was I suspect they will have backwards compatibility to the carts like 3DS does. The reason UMDs were not compatible was because they take a lot of space in the hardware and load time/consume more battery.

Shinriji

That said, there are a few single player games which I would come back to repeatedly such as puzzlers (like Lumines). Unfortunately I dislike Lumines, but if there were a retail Puzzle Fighter on Vita, I would download that so hard.

Capcom Puzzle World?

Sylver

Banned
Well I doubt there will be a PSP3/Vita2 and if there was I suspect they will have backwards compatibility to the carts like 3DS does. The reason UMDs were not compatible was because they take a lot of space in the hardware and load time/consume more battery.

Maybe PS4 or other future PS itineration have compatibility with VITA.

I'll be trading in Uncharted GA too.

It's strange, reading this thread, seeing what games people choose to buy on a cart or on PSN, wondering if it's because they intend to trade them in, or because they care more about them and want the boxes and quicker loading.

I bought Lumines on PSN, but that's because it's something I'll always want on hand.

That's my reasoning. I'd have taken a digital copy of MK9 for Vita if I could have gotten it for $10.

I fully plan on buying bbcs2/umvc3/wipeout as digital downloads; but games like uncharted and gravity rush I'll grab on a cart, play them, then sell them. I'm torn on Rayman; just not sure if I'll want to play it once I platinum it (again), plus I also own it on PC.

Gamespawn

Retail:

Fifa Soccer

Digital:

BlazBlue
Mortal Kombat
Ultimat Marvel vs Capcom
Ninja Gaiden
Uncharted
Virtua Tennis
Lumines
Dynasty Warriors
Ridge Racer
Mutant Blobs
Shinobido 2
Metal Gear HD
Rayman Origins
Super Stardust
Wipeout 2048
Gravity Rush
Hot Shots
Pure Chess
Hustle Kings
Disgaea 3

Been a lil busy....

KAL2006

Banned
Maybe PS4 or other future PS itineration have compatibility with VITA.

PS4 will have a front and back touch screen as well as front and back cameras? Also why didn't PS3 emulate PSP digital games then, they have a working emulator as shown by Minis.

brentech

Thought I'll repost my Gamescom predictions here

MediaMolecules or Guerilla Games new IP announced for PS3/Vita
Gameplay video of Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified for Vita
FIFA 13 Vita gameplay demonstration, features crossplay with PS3
Need for Speed Vita gameplay video shown, features cross play with PS3
Killzone Vita trailer
Ghost Recon Final Mission announced (this got leaked with AC3 way back)
Invizimals Vita announced
Gran Turismo Vita announced, only showing the logo

The reason why I put the games in the above list
Gran Turismo is most popular in Europe, but we will only see a logo as the game is hardly ready
FIFA is extremely popular in Europe, if they showcase cross online play and being able to continue master league through cloud save, this would be huge
Invizimals was quite big in Europe for PSP, a Vita follow up makes sense due to the extra AR features, also the last game the developer made was Reality Fighters
It's time to see gameplay footage for COD and Need for Speed, both games are coming this year
Ghost Recon Final Mission was leaked along with Assassins Creed 3 Vita here is the link
MediaMolecule and both Guerilla Games are rumored to be making a new IP, I am guessing one will show up
Killzone Vita should be quite far in development, also Cambridge's last game was in 2010 plus they have merged with Gurilla Games
Either way, I'm going to get FIFA because I love the game, but I really wish they'd say what's going to be happening in this Vita version, if any changes other than rosters. I hope so, but who knows. Total lack of info is crappy.

I'm partially at fault since I have it pre-ordered, but since the game is coming out in like 2 months, you'd think they would say what features are coming new or at least updated to what FIFA12 on consoles had. When you know people are going to buy it regardless, I suppose there isn't much incentive. I just didn't want to buy Vita FIFA with this around the corner.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Either way, I'm going to get FIFA because I love the game, but I really wish they'd say what's going to be happening in this Vita version, if any changes other than rosters. I hope so, but who knows. Total lack of info is crappy.

it's nothing exclusive to FIFA 13, we know nothing about the other EA upcoming Vita games NFS most Wanted and Madden NFL 13. (now you know how Wii fans felt during this gen)

brentech

I guess I can be glad that Vita FIFA looked good and seemed to play like FIFA 11 when I played the demo in store. It's got that going, otherwise I wouldn't pre-order this.

kidko

All digital is preferable to me so I don't have to worry about carrying around all my game carts and swapping them out all the time. Plus, you can always delete stuff you don't currently play and re-download them later.

That said, I'll probably get P4G on a cart because i like Persona shwag

KAL2006

Banned
it's nothing exclusive to FIFA 13, we know nothing about the other EA upcoming Vita games NFS most Wanted and Madden NFL 13. (now you know how Wii fans felt during this gen)

It's weird there is no info for either game. Also looking at this. It seems there may be some cross platform play in Need for Speed after reading "implementing interoperation between PS3 and the Vita".

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I guess I can be glad that Vita FIFA looked good and seemed to play like FIFA 11 when I played the demo in store. It's got that going, otherwise I wouldn't pre-order this.

It was a almost perfect port of FIFA 11, but the thing here I want them to use the FIFA12/13 engine on Vita since that thing is glorious.

kewlmyc

Retail:
Mortal Kombat
Metal Gear Solid HD

Traded-in:
Gravity Rush

PSP:
Persona 3 Portable
Maverick Hunters X
Corpse Party
Fate/Extra

Gonna Get:
Persona 4 Golden
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Jet Set Radio HD

kiyomi

This was meant to be posted earlier, but, y'know.

Vita arrived today! :D

190720121502.jpg
(sorry for low res - crappy phone camera!)

That little space to the right of Rayman was meant to be taken up by Gravity Rush but alas it's arriving separately, tomorrow :(

Already had a bunch of PSP titles ready to go that I've never played before - 3x FF games, Duodicem, and Tactics, as well as 3rd Birthday, Monster Hunter : FU, Persona 2 and Trails in the Sky. Couple of other FF games so I'm hoping the PS1 support comes at some point, but I'm happy for now. This thing is basically the PSP I never had, as well as being a modern handheld. Lovely.

Haven't really played with it much yet but Rayman looks gorgeous. Got the screen protector on with only two tiny bubbles on the left hand side (doing the one for my mum's 4S did not go so well. lol!).

Only got Monster Hunter and 3rd Birthday on it right now, which easily fills up the 4gb memory, so I'll get another card at some point. Haven't tried out the AR stuff either, while it doesn't really excite me at all, I do want to try it out for a quick laugh. So far nothing negative to say really :)

Are there any 'must-do's? Any free things like Frobisher Says worth bothering with? If anyone wants to share the Vita love the PSN is LordChopsington.

Dead excited to get playing now :D

Lucent

All digital is preferable to me so I don't have to worry about carrying around all my game carts and swapping them out all the time. Plus, you can always delete stuff you don't currently play and re-download them later.

That said, I'll probably get P4G on a cart because i like Persona shwag

Yeah, I already pre-ordered this from Newegg for $29.99. I figure this one can just stay in the empty game cart slot. lol. And that boxart isn't bad. I think if you never cared much for yellow, Persona 4 will make you love it or hate it. I think it's very stylish. =p

Finally reached 2nd Lord last night in Ultimate Marvel. Very proud of this achievement.

Also moved up to #7 on the leaderboards. I've played 5 of the 6 people above me. Only one of them is legitimate and I can consistently beat all of them.

Ugg.... ranking up last night was such a chore, what with the rage quitters and losing a match to rank up against someone that I beat 3 times in a row before that point.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
This was meant to be posted earlier, but, y'know.

Dead excited to get playing now :D

Welcome to the Church of Vitalogy.

Since you bought Gravity Rush already, buy Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack.

Already had a bunch of PSP titles ready to go that I've never played before - 3x FF games, Duodicem, and Tactics, as well as 3rd Birthday, Monster Hunter : FU, Persona 2 and Trails in the Sky. Couple of other FF games so I'm hoping the PS1 support comes at some point, but I'm happy for now. This thing is basically the PSP I never had, as well as being a modern handheld. Lovely.

Do everything you want with PSP games but don't buy P3P it's a bad..a very bad game.

also look at my list of overpriced PSP games and don't buy/support them, help us getting lower prices.

We can finally welcome you to the family! I know you said you would, but you should invest in a bigger memory card. 4 GBs only lasts so long with all those PSP games!

Do everything you want with PSP games but don't buy P3P it's a bad..a very bad game.

also look at my list of overpriced PSP games and don't buy/support them, help us getting lower prices.
Considering his GAF avatar is Yukari, I think P3P will be bought either way. :p

Lucent

Since you bought Gravity Rush already, buy Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack.

-shakes head- I...I laugh at how there are at least a few people here that always have the same thing to say when new blood enters. =P

Persona is $39.99 on newegg. Did I miss a deal? :(

Yeah, it was at least a couple of weeks ago I think. It wasn't just for P4G. It was a deal for pretty much any pre-order game that was $39.99 and up. But I only pre-ordered P4G from that. Hopefully they'll do it again before the game is out. Still have 3 months.

what the hell? p3p is one of the best games I've played in my life.

does anyone know how much Sony makes off of vita? I know it uses off the shelf mobile parts (top of the line no doubt but still) and what I heard supposedly mobile computing (arm system in chips) is the cheapest form of computing on the planet. (drops in price by 40$ every six months I heard) If you add in vista's super duper expensive memory cards(they are making absolute killing of these I hear) and software sales is vita profitable? Also what of the chances of a price drop in the next couple months if not weeks?

Young Magus

Might as well post my list

Retail:
Rayman Origins
Blazblue
Motorstorm RC

PSP:
Persona 1,2 & 3
Legend of Heroes:Tits
Dissidia 012
FF IV Complete Collection
Valkyria Chronicles 2

Still Gotta Get:
Disgaea 3(Maybe)
Gravity Rush

Waiting on:
Persona 4
Jet Grind Radio
Ragnarok (Maybe)
PS1 support

Oh by the way my PSN is K3nnycsu, feel free to add me

StuBurns

Banned
The second half of GR is feeling much shorter, I'm on chapter 20, I feel like the last ten were just a couple of hours, they were rad though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Finished Uncharted. Tried going back and doing a couple of chapters on very easy, to see if I could find all the treasure/mysteries. Still couldn't, and that's with spinning around all the time as I walked looking for areas. Not fun, just disorientating, so I stopped and now MGS HD is living in the card slot.

Mileena

Banned
My list (lol)

Virtua Tennis 4 PSN
Mortal Kombat 9 retail
Gravity Rush retail

PSP:
Dissidia 012
Final Fantasy IV: TCC
Lunar remake
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Trails in the Sky
The 3rd Birthday
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Persona 2

Vita? More like PSP HD

Hobohodo

As I wanted to play through all of the Metal Gear (Solid) games again I decided to start of with Metal Gear 1 on the Vita through the HD Collection. Really impressed with how crisp the game looked on the Vita screen.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Sony sent me a code for Motorstorm RC "Elite Vehicle Pack 2", but the image in the email with the code isn't actually showing, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom