• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RpgN

why didnt anybody told me earlier that Motorstorm RC is a awesome fun game? :)

Didn't you notice how I've been getting into the game a lot lately?

It is awesome! The game might be better than all the other Motorstorm games as far as I'm concerned. The cars are like toys and the models that look funny make the game feel more charming and cartoony. And of course the game itself being designed so well and with portable in mind...Great value for 3 pounds (when it was on sale).

Just to clarify, MGS3 doesn't have all the Subsistence stuff.

Missing items include the monkey game, the online multiplayer and the joke theater videos. I guess you could also say the snakes nightmare is missing too.
The multiplayer servers don't even exist any more, and for the rest none of these never came in the ps3/xbox hd collections anyways.
The joke videos were a north american bonus i think cause they were originally not shown on an English website. You can youtube them now.

Skyzard

Banned
Didn't you notice how I've been getting into the game a lot lately?

It is awesome! The game might be better than all the other Motorstorm games as far as I'm concerned. The cars are like toys and the models that look funny make the game feel more charming and cartoony. And of course the game itself being designed so well and with portable in mind...Great value for 3 pounds (when it was on sale).

I just couldn't settle on a camera angle. Why not just put third person in for the hell of it...

StuBurns

Banned
Missing items include the monkey game, the online multiplayer and the joke theater videos. I guess you could also say the snakes nightmare is missing too.
The multiplayer servers don't even exist any more, and for the rest none of these never came in the ps3/xbox hd collections anyways.
The joke videos were a north american bonus i think cause they were originally not shown on an English website. You can youtube them now.
That's everything isn't it? Other than MG/2?

Grinchy

Banned
XwZZs.gif

Let's get rollin'.

And wall of shame for good measure:

xUagH.png

ZeE2e.gif
I remember checking the post count one day and I saw my name way up on the list. I felt like such a post whore that I stopped posting as much in the Vita thread. I still couldn't even get out of the top 10.

That's everything isn't it? Other than MG/2?

Not really.
you get all the downloadable camo/face paint.
you get the international face paints.
you get mg 1 and mg 2.
and you get The reworked camera.
also im not sure if theatre mode was in the basic game. i wanna say it wasnt, but im probably wrong.

the camera rework and the multiplayer were the 2 main points to subsistence, they had to test the water for MGS4 see what worked and what needed tweaking, at least thats what i remember reading in an old magazine interview with Kojima.

Young Magus

I've recently got my account activated and I thought I should introduce myself. I had my Vita since day 1 and I came across GAF when I was looking for some information and wallpapers for it. The amount of knowledge in regards to the system features and recommended games lead me to become a member of Neo-GAF. All I can say is thank you very much.

I have a 16 GB memory card that's filled with 2-3 vita games and psp jrpgs. As of now, I'm waiting for the ps1 support along with the releases of Jet Grind Radio and Ragnarok. Does anyone know when Jet Grind will be released?

Iacobellis

I've recently got my account activated and I thought I should introduce myself. I had my Vita since day 1 and I came across GAF when I was looking for some information and wallpapers for it. The amount of knowledge in regards to the system features and recommended games lead me to become a member of Neo-GAF. All I can say is thank you very much.

I have a 16 GB memory card that's filled with 2-3 vita games and psp jrpgs. As of now, I'm waiting for the ps1 support along with the releases of Jet Grind Radio and Ragnarok. Does anyone know when Jet Grind will be released?

Welcome to the forum, and most importantly, this thread! Jet Grind Radio is supposed to be out this summer.

Kazerei

Banned

"Summer 2012" :p

The BC on this thing is godly. I have almost 32gb of PSP jrpg's. I think I have 2 actual vita games on my card
Which PSP games do you have?

ZeE2e.gif
I remember checking the post count one day and I saw my name way up on the list. I felt like such a post whore that I stopped posting as much in the Vita thread. I still couldn't even get out of the top 10.
You should be proud!

It's in the title! "Summer 2012," like many Vita related things! :D

I think you need to install the PS Suit on your PC and it deploys on your Vita. I, personally, haven't tried it yet.

I will post here when it's out with full instructions.
I would appreciate that so much. <3

magawolaz

Welcome!
I also have plethora of JRPG on my Vita :lol
I blame SCEE sales.

patsu

I think you need to install the PS Suit on your PC and it deploys on your Vita. I, personally, haven't tried it yet.

I will post here when it's out with full instructions.

Yeah, I meant a virtual desktop server software to "mirror" the PC Desktop to Vita.

The PS Mobile stack is only there so that he can compile and transfer the virtual desktop client to Vita.

I just completed my Parallels Desktop installation. Will move my Win7 VM here to give v0.99 a spin.

Which PSP games do you have?

patapon 2
trails in the sky
phantom brave
riviera
persona 3 portable
knights in the nightmare
yygdra union
jeanne d'arc
ff4
ff tactics
nba 2k12
silent hill origins
assassins creed bloodlines
mgs peacewalker
zombie tycoon
brothers in arms d-day
gta - chinatown wars
star wars - the force unleashed
beaterator
littlebigplanet
flying hamster
scrabble
fieldrunners

actual vita games: resistance, super stardust, hustle kings

10gb left

edit: I just realized I typed "jrpg's". As you can see that was in error...freudian slip

Mondriaan

Talking about PS Mobile, I just updated the Vita app and every demo inside stopped working. Is that normal?
I think so.

Your Vita has to connect to your PC and your PC has to running the PS Mobile dev thing and also has to be online in order to activate PS Mobile on your Vita. This also has to be done whenever you reboot your Vita.

JFunky

Hello Vita GAF

Long time lurker whose account finally got approved. I've had my Vita since day one and have loved every second of it! Picked up a few games based on all the love they get here, yes Mutant Blob is awesome :) Feel free to add me if you need another Vita friend, my psn is JFunky.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't have any Vita friends I don't believe, feel free to add me too, not sure what there is to do, but still.

My PSN name is c0032

usctrojan

Hey vitaGAF. I'm pretty new here but wanted to thank everyone for the awesome OTs up to this one; I have been lurking around and reading everyones advice since japanese launch and really like this community. Happy to finally be able to help out and learn more officially.

I love my vita and am no where near through my current game library on it. Kinda sad I didnt pick up megaman for 5 dollars during the US sale =(.

sajj316

There certainly has been an influx of new members, a lot of VitaGAF lurkers that have been approved and introducing themselves. I like it. The community is growing and the appetite is there for more games.

Welcome!

psn is sajj316

usctrojan

There certainly has been an influx of new members, a lot of VitaGAF lurkers that have been approved and introducing themselves. I like it. The community is growing and the appetite is there for more games.

Welcome!

psn is sajj316

=) And the growing realization that the vita is an amazing piece of tech!

Lucent

Welcome!

psn is sajj316

Agreed. Also gotta say I gotta love GAF because it seems like there are little to no trolls really. As far as I can tell anyway. lol.

PSN is Lucent85

sajj316

Got MK in the mail yesterday. As someone that hasn't played the game for an extended period of time on the consoles, the in-game character models didn't make me vomit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, I'm really not enjoying Gravity Rush so far. I might sell it off and buy points to get MHFU or PSP PSO or something. Freedom Unite worth playing if you don't know anyone else with it? I thought about waiting for NA MH4, but who the hell knows when that will come out

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah, I'm really not enjoying Gravity Rush so far. I might sell it off and buy points to get MHFU or PSP PSO or something. Freedom Unite worth playing if you don't know anyone else with it? I thought about waiting for NA MH4, but who the hell knows when that will come out

I've only gotten to play MHFU solo, and I've gotten over 80 hours out of it so far (which is nothing). I bet it's way more fun to play in co-op but it's still a very good single player game.

test_account

XP-39C²
We need this.

Guys please read this. This is dissapointing on Sony's parthttp://www.psu.com/a016111/There-is-no-Vita-version-of-Borderlands-2-says-Pitchford-but-teams-have-expressed-interest

I'm starting to dislike Sony.
This is the first time i've heard about this. Pitchford have been mentioning Boarderlands 2 for Vita for a long time, but only stuff like "we would like to see it". What he says in this interview according to PSU is that the porting process is about to start if Sony approves it. I really doubt this.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The biggest video game store in my country just gave up on handhelds apparently, 3DS and Vita not selling at all here thanks to iOS/android devices,so they shoved them into a tiny section (they are now in two small shelves near the retro section) with clearance sale and all, it's so sad situation but at least I got VT4 and FIFA for 7 (that like $24 or something).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom