• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ein Bear

Honestly, the whole Borderlands 2 on Vita thing sounds like Pitchford just wants Sony to put up the cash for the port themselves. The ball's in Sony's court? What does that even mean?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
The biggest video game store in my country just gave up on handhelds apparently, 3DS and Vita not selling at all here thanks to iOS/android devices,so they shoved them into a tiny section (they are now in two small shelves near the retro section) with clearance sale and all, it's so sad situation but at least I got VT4 and FIFA for 7 (that like $24 or something).
Where do you live?

I added all the PSN IDs that were posted. My ID is TheGrimHeaper, if you couldn't figure it out. :p

New english screens for New Little King's Story; releases Summer for NA, Fall for EU: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/13/enjoy-these-new-little-kings-story-screens-with-tea/
pfft

Yup that is it, rather annoying, I guess it is something I will have get used to though.
I guess it gives some games a cool look, but it's just distracting and a little ugly most of the time!

RoylAsult

So im trying to figure out what to do next with my Vita. Currently i am making my way through the DLC that was on wipeout and i want to play the new levels for escape plan as well as finish up the DLC from Motorstorm. But after i do that... not much is happening. madden is coming out next month but there has been so little news about it it kind of makes me worried. I hope its what im expecting... i will be hooked if its anything close to the console experience.

heard Lego Batman was meh, waiting for it to drop below 10-15 before i even conciser it. i know the MGS collection is great but i already played it on the PS3 and dont have the desire to pay and play through it again.

....then there is absolutely nothing for a while :( so i was looking toward some psp games lol. Considering Daxter, never played it and im assuming its a pretty lengthy game?

New english screens for New Little King's Story; releases Summer for NA, Fall for EU: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/13/enjoy-these-new-little-kings-story-screens-with-tea/

The lack of a firm release date sucks, I'm glad this is still being worked on. I've heard great stuff about the original Wii game, so I'll probably get the Vita version. I think it's going to be PSN only, right?

And it looks like Ragnarok Odyssey is getting pushed into September. But I don't think XSEED ever announced a firm date for that either.

There really is a lot of excellent Vita content coming, but the wait for it sucks. I'm getting déjà vu, 3DS was in the same position last year. If SCE-A/J/E are smart, they'll copy Nintendo and drop the price by at least $50 to boost the install base.

Edit: Feel free to add me to your PSN lists, Reluctant-Hero

Iacobellis

This is the first time i've heard about this. Pitchford have been mentioning Boarderlands 2 for Vita for a long time, but only stuff like "we would like to see it". What he says in this interview according to PSU is that the porting process is about to start if Sony approves it. I really doubt this.

So developers are willing to make games for their new system and Sony is being reluctant about it? Have they completely forgot the whole point of make a game console in the first place?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Borderlands 2 would cost less and move more units than Gravity Rush/Resistance.

Just sayin'. It'd be a smart move on Sony's part. Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty and Borderlands within a few months of each other would be a torrent few 'gamers' could ignore.

wow the idea of borderlands 2 just blows my mind. it would probably get more play time than anything i own, and if it had "TRANSFARING"....
damn. just damn. Sony help make it happen :'(

I would double dip like on day one

Come to think of it so would multiple friends of mine too.

Iacobellis

wow the idea of borderlands 2 just blows my mind. it would probably get more play time than anything i own, and if it had "TRANSFARING"....
damn. just damn. Sony help make it happen :'(

I would double dip like on day one

Come to think of it so would multiple friends of mine too.

It's a dying franchise, but I still want to see THPS HD make it on the Vita, as well. Anything to make Activision even more money. THUG 2 Remix was one of my most played games on the PSP, and just imagine Cross Play between the PS3 and Vita.

So developers are willing to make games for their new system and Sony is being reluctant about it? Have they completely forgot the whole point of make a game console in the first place?

I love Borderlands and I'm looking forward to the sequel. But sometimes Pitchford can be an asshole. He mentioned that he'd love to see it on Vita but that Gearbox is too busy to do it themselves. Did he expect SCE to drop everything and call him immediately?

spannicus

The article says unfortunately Sony has been silent. WTF atleast they could say yes and figure out the details later. Saying yes and telling everyone about it on the Playstation Blog would make people go ape shit over the Vita. I am completely confused when it comes to what Sony is doing with the Vita. A game like Borderlands where you can play for hours on end would be a great thing for us Vita owners. Does Customer Satisfaction even mean anything to Sony.

Iacobellis

The article says unfortunately Sony has been silent. WTF atleast they could say yes and figure out the details later. Saying yes and telling everyone about it on the Playstation Blog would make people go ape shit over the Vita. I am completely confused when it comes to what Sony is doing with the Vita. A game like Borderlands where you can play for hours on end would be a great thing for us Vita owners. Does Customer Satisfaction even mean anything to Sony.

Sony is just pulling another PSP at this point, only worse. The PSP was advertised and hyped like crazy months before launch. The Vita had its first commercial in the US, when, first week of February?

They are making these handhelds then ditching them shortly after in favor for their upcoming home console.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
LOL NO.

Dont by the vita.It has no games.Gravity rush is Overated on here.Dont get it till it has custom firmware.

Just get a 3ds.

No i have used by bros.

Its a giant waste of money.No games.

This forum is the only place that likes it

Like what,ridge racer?lol

Or the watered down spin offs or the ports?

Has it got any games yet

YLKgr.gif

Yes it does. Maybe you could ask nicely and somebody will give you a list.

spannicus

Sony is just pulling another PSP at this point, only worse. The PSP was advertised and hyped like crazy months before launch. The Vita had its first commercial in the US, when, first week of February?

They are making these handhelds then ditching them shortly after in favor for their upcoming home console.

It really sucks because I bought my Vita at launch knowing I should have bought the PS3 instead. I told myself that Sony has this amazing handheld that would allow me to Play PS3 games on the go plus original titles. I was bright eyed like a little school girl with a shiny $320.00 peice of awesome in my Game Stop bag. I know it is still early but I just dont see Sony pushing the Vita or doing anything to combat the low sales. Right now all it is is a Glorified PSP With a PS2 port being one of the most anticipated games and being hyped like its a reason to buy a Vita.

Iacobellis

Is anyone else in the same boat as me and not buying a new memory card until they get official price drops or a bigger size past 32GB is introduced? I have an 8GB right now, but with around 3GB left I can see this filling up with all the games coming out in the next six months. Also, I do not download any games unless they are only on the PSN.

Skyzard

Banned
Come on that is a huge risk for Sony at the moment to fund BL2. No other fps has sold particularly well on the vita and BL2 won't exactly be the easiest to make. Also it is only highly regarded in niche internet circles, unlike COD or BF and while it would be amazing to have on vita. No one should be mad at Sony or surprised why they didn't leap at the chance to fund their game for them. It would have to be extremely loving developed make a good borderlands 2 portable version. I'd like to see it down the line but even if it got the green light I doubt it would be made within 1-2 years anyway.

I'm really curious if the vita has a "locked" processing speed like the PSP did which they will unlock down the line once the new vitas have better battery life. That would help for a lot of these demanding games as well.

Famassu

Has it got any games yet
Vita pretty much had one of the best launches/first few months of any gaming machine so far (games-wise, maybe not sales-wise):
Wipeout 2048
Gravity Rush
Virtua Tennis 4
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
Hot Shot Golf 6
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Escape Plan
Super Stardust Delta
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Lumines Electric Symphony
Rayman Origins
Motorstorm RC
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (awesome, awesome d-pad)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Unit 13
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Metal Gear Solid Collection
+ some games like Shinobido 2, Ridge Racer (after patch & now that you can get the full package pretty cheap, at least in Europe), Touch My Katamari, Army Corps of Hell, Ninja Gaiden+, Resistance: Burning Skies etc. which, although nothing mind-blowing, can be enjoyable experiences

+ an awesome library of PSP games (which I doubt you have ever played or even glanced at with that kind of stupid attitude :) ), all of which Vita improves in many ways

+ PS Minis

+ plenty of upcoming stuff like:
Orgarhythm
Sound Shapes
New Little King's Story
Little Big Planet
Zen Pinball 2
Killzone
Soul Sacrifice
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Persona 4: Golden
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
DJ Max Technika
Dragon's Crown
Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
Earth Defense Force 3 Portable
Malicious
Final Fantasy X HD
Jet Set Radio
Retro City Rampage
Sine Mora
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Kickbeat
Ragnarok Odyssey
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Street Fighter x Tekken
Phantasy Star Online 2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
OddWorld: Munch's Oddysee
OddWorld: Stranger's Wrath
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Warrior's Lair
Sunflowers
Urban Trials
Guacamelee
Bioshock Infinite spin-off or something
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Time Travelers (hopefully will be localized, though you never know with Level 5's games)
Ys: Celceta Sea of Trees
Really Big Sky
Castle Storm
Dokuro

+ PS1 support soon

Yeah, there's absolutely nothing to play on Vita, now or never.

Famassu

Come on that is a huge risk for Sony at the moment to fund BL2. No other fps has sold particularly well on the vita and BL2 won't exactly be the easiest to make. Also it is only highly regarded in niche internet circles, unlike COD or BF and while it would be amazing to have on vita. No one should be mad at Sony or surprised why they didn't leap at the chance to fund their game for them. It would have to be extremely loving developed make a good borderlands 2 portable version. I'd like to see it down the line but even if it got the green light I doubt it would be made within 1-2 years anyway.

I'm really curious if the vita has a "locked" processing speed like the PSP did which they will unlock down the line once the new vitas have better battery life. That would help for a lot of these demanding games as well.
Borderlands 1 has sold over 6 million copies. It's not niche. Also, Vita has only had 1 FPS so far and it's from a not-that-well selling series (an unimportant sidestory at that from a B tier developer).

2 things: the first borderlands kinda ran a bit crappy on the ps3 so I'd be worried about how a borderlands game would run on the vita. 2) we've yet to see the unreal engine run well on the platform. Mortal Kombat is the only example I could think of and while the game plays just fine it looks AWFUL on the vita.......

id still probably buy it on the vita, though.

Mondriaan

I don't think pushing the PSP in its early days helped when at the time the library was still fairly sparse. The early Vita's library is still way better than the early PSP library, but I think that you really need to have a certain number of sports titles out before a serious push makes sense.

I say that as someone who hates sports games.

Skyzard

Banned
Reputation dwindles with time. Like I said it would make much more sense to have a lot more standard and regular FPS on the vita first and then release a riskier title.

2 things: the first borderlands kinda ran a bit crappy on the ps3 so I'd be worried about how a borderlands game would run on the vita. 2) we've yet to see the unreal engine run well on the platform. Mortal Kombat is the only example I could think of and while the game plays just fine it looks AWFUL on the vita.......

id still probably buy it on the vita, though.

yep.

Koroviev

Vita pretty much had one of the best launches/first few months of any gaming machine so far (games-wise, maybe not sales-wise):
Wipeout 2048
Gravity Rush
Virtua Tennis 4
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
Hot Shot Golf 6
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Escape Plan
Super Stardust Delta
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Lumines Electric Symphony
Rayman Origins
Motorstorm RC
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (awesome, awesome d-pad)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Unit 13
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Metal Gear Solid Collection
+ some games like Shinobido 2, Ridge Racer (after patch & now that you can get the full package pretty cheap, at least in Europe), Touch My Katamari, Army Corps of Hell, Ninja Gaiden+, Resistance: Burning Skies etc. which, although nothing mind-blowing, can be enjoyable experiences

+ an awesome library of PSP games (which I doubt you have ever played or even glanced at with that kind of stupid attitude :) ), all of which Vita improves in many ways

+ PS Minis

+ plenty of upcoming stuff like:
Orgarhythm
Sound Shapes
New Little King's Story
Little Big Planet
Zen Pinball 2
Killzone
Soul Sacrifice
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Persona 4: Golden
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
DJ Max Technika
Dragon's Crown
Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
Earth Defense Force 3 Portable
Malicious
Final Fantasy X HD
Jet Set Radio
Retro City Rampage
Sine Mora
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Kickbeat
Ragnarok Odyssey
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Street Fighter x Tekken
Phantasy Star Online 2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
OddWorld: Munch's Oddysee
OddWorld: Stranger's Wrath
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Warrior's Lair
Sunflowers
Urban Trials
Guacamelee
Bioshock Infinite spin-off or something
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Time Travelers (hopefully will be localized, though you never know with Level 5's games)
Ys: Celceta Sea of Trees
Really Big Sky
Castle Storm
Dokuro

+ PS1 support soon

Yeah, there's absolutely nothing to play on Vita, now or never.

This seems like too much effort to expend on an obvious troll comment.

Iacobellis

It is locked, but I think the clock speed is unknown. It is capable of 2GHz, but I imagine it being close to most smartphones nowadays, hovering around 900MHz to 1.2GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom