• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg009

Banned
Since TGS is little over two month away wouldn't be good idea to have the gaming heaven as soon as possible? And Kawano did say it not too far off a few weeks ago

winjet81

Thinking of picking up either GTA VCS or Resistance Retribution off the store.

Anyone know if the second analog on Vita makes a difference to the playability of VCS?

I know that it makes RR work better, but I've already played and finished RR a couple years back and I'd rather spend my money on a game I never finished on the PSP (VCS).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Any hope for a locoroco game? I'm so utterly apathetic towards the Vita, but a new entry in my favorite portable platformer would get me to sell a kidney for one - especially if it were more in line with Midnight Carnival.

I believe that Tsutomu Kuono (Lorocoroc creator and former team ico animator) don't work for SCEJ anymore since there was no news on hm since after Midnight Carnival.

also The games bombed super hard sadly.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Bastion for PS vita would work so well. I wonder of they have considered it.

Well Supergiant Games ignored the PS3 completely (which has a way bigger userbase than Vita) I think there is no way they'll even think about it.

for now the priority I think is for the "neo classic" DD games (like Pac-Man Championship Edition,Bomberman Blast,Geometry Wars..ect) these the one Sony should work with puplisher to put on Vita and on Sony own side, I'd like to see a port of Super Rub 'a' Dub(with extra stuff) on Vita.

Takao

Banned
Any hope for a locoroco game? I'm so utterly apathetic towards the Vita, but a new entry in my favorite portable platformer would get me to sell a kidney for one - especially if it were more in line with Midnight Carnival.

Yoshida thinks the idea of a LocoRoco game on Vita would be cool. He also told me Lemmings on Vita would be cool too. :(

Takao

Banned
Unfortunately for LocoRoco I'm fairly certain the only reason we got 4 PSP games, a PS3 thing, and a mobile game is because it was smart to reuse assets to recoup as much as you can from that development.

I don't believe us not hearing from the developer in two years means he doesn't work at SCE though. We didn't hear from Toyama for years and it turns out he was working on Gravity Rush.

Well Supergiant Games ignored the PS3 completely (which has a way bigger userbase than Vita) I think there is no way they'll even think about it.

for now the priority I think is for the "neo classic" DD games (like Pac-Man Championship Edition,Bomberman Blast,Geometry Wars..ect) these the one Sony should work with puplisher to put on Vita and on Sony own side, I'd like to see a port of Super Rub 'a' Dub(with extra stuff) on Vita.

Yea, geo wars and pac-man would be great on vita. I can wish, heh.

Got my copy of UMvC3; had some fun with figuring out how to get it to let me earn trophies (eventually)... fixed that, got my cross platform dlc downloaded and checked it out.
Graphics are amazing (much more so than MK9 which gets ugly with the close ups and such), controls (standard) feel pretty tight (I was able to knock out the 1st 7 missions with Ryu pretty easily) -- however, I already see the complaints about the online. I looked for a H&H match:nothing. Ok, fine... player match? Nothing. Fine, you win. Ranked match? Started kicking the dude's ass and when he was down to his last guy (Mr. 5 wins, 0 losses) and looked about to lose, as I hadn't even popped x-factor yet) the connection suddenly died. $#%&!!!

zroid

Banned
It's strange, unlike most platformers where I just tend to blast through the levels one after another in a few long sessions, I'm preferring to take it slow with Rayman Origins, playing one or two levels at a time. I don't know whether that's a "good" or "bad" thing (probably neither), but it definitely makes me glad I picked up the Vita version.

If I had this on a console, it'd be such a hassle to get the game running each time I wanted to play one stage.

Skyzard

Banned
I was talking about GTA Chinatown wars lagging yesterday and how it was fixed with a relaunch...Well the game is still very fun and thankfully the loading is fast so the issue isn't as bad but basically whenever you standby the vita with Chinatown paused...when you unfreeze, the game becomes more laggy. Need to relaunch the app. Not a big deal but thought I'd give you lot a headsup as I heard it's out soon in US.

branny

locked demo :|

...Atlus will be all over Vita's sweet region locked butt then.
Haha, well, locked in the sense that they are sometimes tied to the account that downloads them (meaning you'd need to have region-specific access for certain things). :p

WatTsu

Hey gang. I got my Vita a week ago and I love it. I'm looking for some advice from you as to what game(s) to get next. Right now I'm looking at:

Dynasty Warriors Next
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend
Disgaea 3

I played the Dynasty Warriors Next demo and really liked it. I've never actually played a full DW game so the normal criticisms of sameiness and whatnot don't really apply since it'd mostly be fresh to me. I returned UMVC3 because it was boring, and I wouldn't mind a new 2D fighter, so BlazBlue looked like the way to go (I have MK on PS3, so the Vita version isn't really a must-have but I might get it when it goes on sale because that game is great). And Disgaea looks cool because I like turn-based strategy games, but I did burn out on Afternoon of Darkness when I played it on PSP.

So...advice? I've got $40 in PSN credit to spend and figured I'd get whatever game it is digitally, with Hustle Kings to round out the difference.

Kyon

Banned
I claim to be this huge JRPG fan but still haven't played TiTs. I hear nothing but good things. Should I get it?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I claim to be this huge JRPG fan but still haven't played TiTs. I hear nothing but good things. Should I get it?
You're a JRPG fan and you've heard nothing but good things? What do you think the answer will be.

Girl, jump on that shit.

Haliela

Hey gang. I got my Vita a week ago and I love it. I'm looking for some advice from you as to what game(s) to get next. Right now I'm looking at:

Dynasty Warriors Next
Disgaea 3

I played the Dynasty Warriors Next demo and really liked it. I've never actually played a full DW game so the normal criticisms of sameiness and whatnot don't really apply since it'd mostly be fresh to me. I returned UMVC3 because it was boring, and I wouldn't mind a new 2D fighter, so BlazBlue looked like the way to go (I have MK on PS3, so the Vita version isn't really a must-have but I might get it when it goes on sale because that game is great). And Disgaea looks cool because I like turn-based strategy games, but I did burn out on Afternoon of Darkness when I played it on PSP.

So...advice? I've got $40 in PSN credit to spend and figured I'd get whatever game it is digitally, with Hustle Kings to round out the difference.

All three of those are fantastic, and I personally own DW and Disgaea 3. If you've enjoyed DW in the past this game won't disappoint. It looks great, plays great, and offers hours upon hours of content. Create-a-general is in this version along with unlocking more customization features as you level up. Very addicting.

Disgaea 3 is... well... Disgaea 3. It has all the DLC and a no brainer for anyone who enjoys SRPGs. Unlimited replay value.. literally.

OmegaZero

Dynasty Warriors Next
Disgaea 3

Disgaea 3 or Blazblue.

I'd personally recommend Blazblue. It even includes a chapter of the story that brings newbies up to speed, if you care about the story in fighting games.

branny

Ugh, why do I want to get DW Next all the sudden. I barely weathered my impulse to get Ridge Racer a week or so ago.

...is Sun Xiang Shang in it?

coughlanio

So yeah, I actually went and got the Vita.

Traded in my 3DS towards a 3G Vita, 32GB Memory Card, and a free copy of Motorstorm RC.

I'll probably pick up a couple of retail games online tonight.

coughlanio

Guys, I need some help - I have no idea what to pick for a PSN name (My staples are taken :()

Some of my favourite games so far are Half Life, Uncharted and Assassins Creed, so if you could come up with some cool names that'd be awesome :p

Takao

Banned
Guys, I need some help - I have no idea what to pick for a PSN name (My staples are taken :()

Some of my favourite games so far are Half Life, Uncharted and Assassins Creed, so if you could come up with some cool names that'd be awesome :p

TakaoIsCool69

patsu

So yeah, I actually went and got the Vita.

Traded in my 3DS towards a 3G Vita, 32GB Memory Card, and a free copy of Motorstorm RC.

I'll probably pick up a couple of retail games online tonight.

Hah ! Just like mine ~ 3G + 32Gb + freebies

[Stroke cracked Vita]

Takao

Banned
Just check Craigslist. It's what I did and I got a great deal.

PS. I thought Just Add Water said Oddworld Vita would be out ~December?

Citation needed? They said they were hoping to send it to Sony Certification by the end of June. I'd hope it wouldn't take SCEE and SCEA six months ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom