• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

coughlanio

I'm getting a Vita tomorrow (Getting a 3DS XL too, and I'll be trading in my 3DS to get a Vita for half price).

I'll be picking up:

PS Vita 3G+WiFi
Gravity Rush
4GB Memory Card
Official Starter Pack

GAF Approved?

I'm getting a Vita tomorrow (Getting a 3DS XL too, and I'll be trading in my 3DS to get a Vita for half price).

I'll be picking up:

PS Vita 3G+WiFi
Gravity Rush
4GB Memory Card
Official Starter Pack

GAF Approved?

Ditch the 4GB card and go higher. You will run out of space before you even know it. Go for 16GB at least.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

I'll be picking up:

PS Vita 3G+WiFi
Gravity Rush
4GB Memory Card
Official Starter Pack

GAF Approved?

note: 4gb mc is not needed if you are buying the Official starter pack since there is 4GB mc one in it.(unless you want 2 cards)

edit: beaten by Grim. :(

edit2: i'd say drop the starter pack and get 16GB or get 4GB with the Vita Cradle. (the starter pack is very lame)

Grinchy

Banned
I'll be spending alot of money, so going to go for the 4GB card I think for now, and upgrade to a 32GB card next month or so.

I know money doesn't grow on trees, but it seems a little silly to spend $20 on a worthless card if you already plan to spend $100 on another one later.

I really can't imagine how annoying it would be to use a 4GB card. I'm getting along ok with a 16GB though. Of course that's all based on if you need a separate 4GB card (from the posts above).

Yopis

note: 4gb mc is not needed if you are buying the Official starter pack since there is 4GB mc one in it.(unless you want 2 cards)

edit: beaten by Grim. :(

edit2: i'd say drop the starter pack and get 16GB or get 4GB with the Vita Cradle. (the starter pack is very lame)

Can you buy a 3g Vita that is not in a bundle? Just wondering looking to get my brother one later this year. He always wants to use mine lol.

patsu

Yes, if you can afford it, get a 32Gb. I should last you for a while. I have tons of crap on it right now (movies, TV episodes, songs, photos, games and more games).

I have a 4Gb that I don't know what to do with it yet. Wanted to try out Japanese game demo, but I have no time and am too lazy to switch card.

coughlanio

tks2z.png

So here are my options, with prices...which do you think is the best value?

brentech

Better off with the larger memory card. If you know you're getting it at some point, the other one is just going to be flushed money for the most part.

Love the case I got, 4 game card holds, but each one could actually fit 2-3 games in it. I hold earbuds up top as well. Obviously don't keep my charger in there, but no need to.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0073ESYZO/?tag=neogaf0e-20 = $9USD
Then the hori screen cover was like $6.

$15 bucks total for my accessories. And I believe there is even cheaper cases out there. I've had my case for almost 2 months now and it's still like it was on day one. Really happy with it.

patsu

Depending on how many games you want to take with you, a 16Gb one may also work.

EDIT: You should be able to sell your 16Gb or 32Gb card in the future compared to the 4Gb one. Probably not much, but at least it's worth something. 8^P

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Search around for a good, cheap case like the 79 cent one on Amazon US instead of the starter pack. Then buy the Hori screen protector.

tks2z.png

Would pay 60 euros for the 32GB card but 90 is too much. Reminds me 2005, when 1GB memory sticks were 125 euros and all you had for PSP was a 32MB stick, good thing I bought the Giga pack back then.

Btw how the hell are you able to get Vita for 140?

tks2z.png

Get the WiFi w/32GB. Does anyone with the 3G model really feel that it's worth the cost of the payment plan? I haven't had any regrets about going vanilla with the WiFi model. Better to get the 32GB now than to waste money on a smaller card and end up ugrading to 32GB later (that was my experience with PSP memory cards anyway).

Should also mention that I got a 4GB free w/my Vita and I had to upgrade w/in a month. Was constantly having to delete stuff to fit in new demos, PSP games, etc.

branny

I want to echo the other 32gb votes.

I've had a 32gb card since launch, and I'm already close to maxing it out on PSP games and other downloaded stuff. I don't even have music or videos on my card. I've actually been buying all my Vita games retail because of space worries. I think I only have a couple more demos to delete in order to make room for things before I have to start getting rid of games that I don't play as much. 4gb will not cut it.

If you have stuff to put on it, get the 32gb card -- I only have a few things on it and it's already eaten up like 6gb. (32gb card gives you 29GB capacity.)

Super Stardust Delta
Mutant Blobs Attack
Motorstorm RC
11 PSP games and 2 minis.

brentech

Got my first Eagle in HSG.

Hit a shot in from 187.7yards out. Was beautiful. Used back spin on it.

I've had numerous chips from 10-25yd range, but never anything bigger until now. I like that the game saves replays, write-protected that one, pretty sweet.

zroid

Banned
hrrrgh I'm getting better at Stardust Delta Endless mode. Slowly.

I finally cracked 20 mil. It was a stupid death though, I had like 9 effing bombs left.

Got my first Eagle in HSG.

Hit a shot in from 187.7yards out. Was beautiful. Used back spin on it.

I've had numerous chips from 10-25yd range, but never anything bigger until now. I like that the game saves replays, write-protected that one, pretty sweet.

I still have a double eagle SS shot saved on my psp from HSG:OT2...replay saves rock

Skyzard

Banned
I played the IOS one which is nigh on identical and I thought it was pretty fun. Like all gta's i got a bit fed up after a few hours but you can still have good fun driving about, crashing, running people over and finding those hiden jumps on the map.

Im kinda tempted to actually get it on my vita because the main things that i didnt like on IOS were touch controls, crappy battery life and my phone turning into a radiator while playing games on it.

[edit: had an issue with the vita running gta pretty slowly after a while without a restart (and low memory space in case it matters) when I wrote this. It's much more playable now and looks pretty good on the Vita, still a bit of slow-down when driving but barely! So pretty great buy, will help with the wait for RCR. I can easily recommend Chinatown now. It does have a few niggles that other GTA titles don't but it is still really fun to play and now I would say that it would be pretty great to have alongside RCR - the visual style in chinatown is pretty great especially and you forget that it's not the simple classic 2d gameplay, despite the surrounding graphics, until your car flips in a very 3d way, great fun].

------

I went ahead and picked it up after watching some youtube videos (and reading the meteoritic reviews) but wasn't really satisfied. It's a good game but runs pretty poorly when driving. Same old GTA story and even though I can't say what the PSP version runs like...on vita, if you were hoping for a stuttering free classic gta messabout..I would say wait for PSone emulation....although I'm not even sure if they're on the store :/

It's a good game but the slowdown from I'm guessing the environment props loading (that you don't see due to the camera angle) is extremely frequent. Happens even when you're running on foot...usually around a corner...bam slow for 3 seconds, smooth for 6 (generous), slow again for 2.. smooth for a few more. If you are OCD about smooth framerate/lack of stuttering and just want a chill out game, wait for a sale on Chinatown or pass on it and see what retro city rampage is like. Pressing select to change weapon isn't a treat on the vita either.

I'm down to 50 mb of space after this so let me just clear some files up to make sure that's not the issue.

Nope. [<--- edit: didn't actually relaunch the game after clearing the space].

It's every corner, half-way down a road, most bumps against other cars, sometimes when using the handbrake...pretty poor. Just going to restart the vita..just in case.

Shit. The restart helped a tonne! It's still there but much much less and muchhhh more tolerable. That was strange..might have something to do with reopening the app after freeing up some space too.

Grinchy

Banned
Is the Escape Plan demo still messed up? (US Store)

I thought they put up a new one but I still get the error and it won't start. They really do not want me to buy that game.

Kyon

Banned
Is the Escape Plan demo still messed up? (US Store)

I thought they put up a new one but I still get the error and it won't start. They really do not want me to buy that game.

An optional FW update was supposed to have fixed it allegedly. Try to see if you can download it

Malvingt2

I had my hands on a Vita for the first time in my life yesterday. What a sexy handheld, felt great and I played Rayman Origins..I think that is the name of the title. Anyway it did give me a great feeling. I am hoping that the price drop down the road for me to get it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom