• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Verge-style picture of a gadget with books in the background:

ByZWb.png

:O

7rbgml.jpg

But I don't own them unfortunately, they were from the library. :(

I will, someday...

(I took this photo several weeks ago)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
:O

But I don't own them unfortunately, they were from the library. :(

I will, someday...
I used to love the TV show and when I learned that it was butchered, I read the original Tokyopop series from the library, and fell in love with the series all over again. I wish the books were bound better, but it's great to have the series in four hardcovers. Love my magical-stuff-in-urban-Japanese-cities series.

zroid

Banned
I used to love the TV show and when I learned that it was butchered, I read the original Tokyopop series from the library, and fell in love with the series all over again. I wish the books were bound better, but it's great to have the series in four hardcovers. Love my magical-stuff-in-urban-Japanese-cities series.

Same here! I never read the Tokyopop releases, but these Dark Horse omnibuses are great. I rarely buy manga but this time I seriously want them. The full-colour art pages... *drool*

zroid

Banned
Yup. The fourth (and final) is scheduled for release in September. Each omnibus contains 3 of the original volumes.

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member
Treasures of Montezuma just glitched on me.

Every time I hit "play," it thought I had been gone for a day and gave me an extra life and 300 jewels.

Now I have ~40 lives and 15-20k more jewels than I did (strangely enough, it kept doing this even after I exited and restarted the game).

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member

Every time I hit "play," it thought I had been gone for a day and gave me an extra life and 300 jewels.

Now I have ~40 lives and 15-20k more jewels than I did (strangely enough, it kept doing this even after I exited and restarted the game).

I would love to get hit with that glitch :p

spats

I play the game every night before going to bed and I got the exact same glitch yesterday. Handily beat that jerk who took my #1 spot on the leaderboard. ;)

Highest I got is 22 million in the game. Trying to keep everyone in their place in TOM. That game is mine in my area. Nobody gonna take my no 1 slot from me. All those jerks and skeezers and scallywags need to know their place. When I come a knockin and take that gold medal for the 12th time in a row.

spats

I only have like 3.9 million. I'm glad I'm not friends with any of you guys so I can dominate my friends list of 3 active players. ;) <3

So...August is fast approaching and not even a rumor or rumbling of the PS1 support patch being released.

You suck, Sony. You really, really suck.

magawolaz

In the PSASBR leaked infos thread it looks like there's a LocoRoco stage... could this mean anything?

Another question: I'm playing Persona 3 Portable right now, but I can't seem to find an option to invert the camera rotation when in Tartarus. Am I screwed? :(

Yeah, I encountered that just now myself. Here's hoping it stays and they don't fix it. >_> (though I guess it messes with leaderboards)

Sol1dus

Thought I was the only one. I now have ~110 lives with 30k gems. :p

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Something has gone wrong with my Montezumas Blitz. Yesterday for some reason every time I touched 'Play' it credited me with 1 heart and 300 crystals for being away for a day. Then if I selected Cancel and pressed Play again it would give me another heart and 300 crystals. It would work about 5-6 times in a row then the game would play. After the round it would do the same again.

Today when I went to play it did the same, only this time it says I've been away for two days so it gives me 2 Hearts and 600 crystals, I can accumulate around 3000 crystals on the title screen before starting a round.

Also, keep in mind, that because I've 'been away', each round I play I get double XP too, so I've been leveling up quite fast (Was about level 65 yesterday when I discovered this problem).

Hear is an image, note the heart count (Crystals aren't too much as I've spending them will nilly on renting the power ups).

evKNv.jpg

Mzo

I just went from an 8gb to a 32gb memory card, and it was the worst experience of my life.

Is there any way to not lose your trophy information, near information, icon positioning, etc? I also wanted to keep the 8gb around for PSP games or something but switching cards is such a ridiculous ordeal that I don't think I'll be able to do that. After formatting the 8gb memory card and putting it back in, my Vita still populated with random icons everywhere.

I had to boot up every one of my 9 games, start them up (getting first time played messages for each of them) and sync trophies to populate my empty trophy list. Army of Darkness and Katamari disappeared completely until I put the games back in, so it seems like different games react differently.

Did I do something wrong or is this just how it goes? It's amazingly incompetent.

oldmario

Something has gone wrong with my Montezumas Blitz. Yesterday for some reason every time I touched 'Play' it credited me with 1 heart and 300 crystals for being away for a day. Then if I selected Cancel and pressed Play again it would give me another heart and 300 crystals. It would work about 5-6 times in a row then the game would play. After the round it would do the same again.

Today when I went to play it did the same, only this time it says I've been away for two days so it gives me 2 Hearts and 600 crystals, I can accumulate around 3000 crystals on the title screen before starting a round.

Also, keep in mind, that because I've 'been away', each round I play I get double XP too, so I've been leveling up quite fast (Was about level 65 yesterday when I discovered this problem).

Hear is an image, note the heart count (Crystals aren't too much as I've spending them will nilly on renting the power ups).

There was a glitch with 1.50 when it hit europe if you was away for a couple days it would say you've been away for 300+ daysand you would get like 100k in crystals i think i managed to rank up 700k before i accidentally updated when i wasnt watching what i was doing

patsu

I just went from an 8gb to a 32gb memory card, and it was the worst experience of my life.

Is there any way to not lose your trophy information, near information, icon positioning, etc? I also wanted to keep the 8gb around for PSP games or something but switching cards is such a ridiculous ordeal that I don't think I'll be able to do that. After formatting the 8gb memory card and putting it back in, my Vita still populated with random icons everywhere.

I had to boot up every one of my 9 games, start them up (getting first time played messages for each of them) and sync trophies to populate my empty trophy list. Army of Darkness and Katamari disappeared completely until I put the games back in, so it seems like different games react differently.

Did I do something wrong or is this just how it goes? It's amazingly incompetent.

That's how it rolls. ^_^

It looks like these info are stored in Vita itself instead of the memcard. So when you restore the defaults and switch card, they are lost. Hopefully a future release keeps them on the memcard instead.

However for trophy info, you'll still likely lose them (if you didn't sync with PSN server) since only the latest 100 are cached on Vita.

Easiest way for Sony to fix is probably to implement PS+ for Vita.

Takao reminds me of that one kid from class that always got sent to the office.

*nod* *nod* It may be a good thing if he has something to stand up for, but probably not like this. ^_^

softie

You won't lose trophy-, near-, settings-information (persisted into internal memory) when switching cards, unless you do a factory reset. But a factory reset is unnecessary for card switching related to just one account.
Trophies sync to your PSN account if you're logged into PSN and they also stay inside the internal flash memory, so they stay persisted.

Only some (not all! - see later) icon placements will be destroyed and also your wallpaper placement, but you can prevent wallpaper deallocation if you place them in the following structure:

- always place at least one "system related" bubble (e.g. welcome park, settings, trophies, friends, party, group messaging, etc. basically everything that stays persisted) on one of your screens, that you have a wallpaper on and always do this sequentially; never have a screen with just system independent bubbles (games/apps)
- game bubbles that belong to a Vita game card, count as "system related" bubbles
- the positions of those system related bubbles will be saved, but not the ones of the system independent
- system independent bubbles will automatically be rearranged in this fashion when switching cards:
  1. if there's a Vita game card plugged in and its bubble wasn't formerly been placed onto the bubble grid of the memory card, create a new page for its bubble and continue with step 3; else assign it to its persisted bubble
  2. if there are less than 10 pages, create a new page; else continue with step 6
  3. fill the newly created page with system independent bubbles
  4. the order of bubbles is determined by their PCSB/PCSF/PCSI/etc. codes and if it's a Vita (first) or PSP/Mini game (later)
  5. continue creating new pages and filling them with bubbles until it reaches the end of page 10
  6. start from page 1 and fill empty spaces with bubbles, order is their PCSB/PCSF/PCSI/etc. codes and if it's a Vita (first) or PSP/Mini game (later)

So the consequences are:

If you want to keep every wallpaper when switching memory cards, place a system related bubble onto it.
If you want to keep the order of your system independent bubbles, you are basically screwed, UNLESS:
- you have your games physically on a Vita card, then these bubbles will keep their position
- you only want to have some "basic" bubble structure (e.g. "games should always go below everything" or "games should always go on the first screens, then the rest"), then place some system related bubbles in a way that your system independent bubbles will be "forced" into that structure.

It's not very comfortable, but it's the only way I know. :)

evKNv.jpg

Where is the cancel button? I don't see one.

patsu

If I understand it correctly...

I don't have to reset the hardware when switching card with the same account.

However, if I want to switch to another say, Japan account owned by me, I will have to reset the hardware. I will hit the same problems he mentioned.

As for wallpaper settings, you'll lose them when you pull out the memcard, even without switching account. To prevent this, put one default/system bubble per screen, the wallpapers should all remain intact. This trick won't work if you switch to a different account though.

zroid

Banned
As for wallpaper settings, you'll lose them when you pull out the memcard, even without switching account. To prevent this, put one default/system bubble per screen, the wallpapers should all remain intact. This trick won't work if you switch to a different account though.

hmm interesting, don't really have much intention to remove the mem card, but I guess I'll do this

patsu

hmm interesting, don't really have much intention to remove the mem card, but I guess I'll do this

Yeah, let me know how it works out. I dropped my Vita twice. The first time, I lost all my wallpaper settings. The second time, I noticed that all those wallpaper'ed screens with a system/default bubble survived the drop. At the same time, all the downloaded bubbles got shuffled to the end of the Home screens. These last few screens had no wallpaper because they were created to accommodate the downloaded bubbles, after restoring to default settings temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom