• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg009

Banned
hmm i just noticed this

NQEfJ.jpg
N40eJ.jpg

I've never played Plants vs. Zombies, is it worth the $15? Any upgrades for it vs. the phone versions? I hate playing games on my android so it's probably worth the extra $12 or so just for that, I guess.

Ken

I've never played Plants vs. Zombies, is it worth the $15? Any upgrades for it vs. the phone versions? I hate playing games on my android so it's probably worth the extra $12 or so just for that, I guess.

Isn't PvZ like super cheap on PC. $15 seems like a lot for a game that's been out forever and has been on everything.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Got my first Eagle in HSG.

Hit a shot in from 187.7yards out. Was beautiful. Used back spin on it.

I've had numerous chips from 10-25yd range, but never anything bigger until now. I like that the game saves replays, write-protected that one, pretty sweet.

I wish there was a way to upload them without having to resort to using a camera to record the vita.

Furoba

Launch 3g JPN model here, recently every time I started up my Vita it showed up the date settings first. Now when I start it up the screen suddenly faded out while in the menu and won't power on again. Any ideas? Battery was still showing as green...

Tried pressing 30 sec twice, nothing.
When I connect it to power the orange light blinks twice and goes out.
I think it might be broken. :(

Edit: "flashing orange means the battery is going to die soon." the light glows orange, and then flashes once and fades.
Could a faulty battery be the problem?

Levi

Banned
What are the best SRPG or Turn-based strategy games I can play on this thing? I have a ps3, so side-loading is not an issue.

Yuripaw

Banned
What are the best SRPG or Turn-based strategy games I can play on this thing? I have a ps3, so side-loading is not an issue.

If you want an actual Vita game with trophy support, Disgaea 3 is available on the system as well. Otherwise like the above poster said, You got Tactics Orge for PSP downloadable for $20, or Final Fantasy Tactics. Plus the first 2 Disgaea games.

Sheik

Think of an Infamous title for Vita *________________________*

This is actually my dream. I don't own a PS3 so playing UGA was a revelation. Would love to play some other great franchises like Infamous on Vita. I know most people want to see exclusives for Vita, as do I, but if Vita had a strong overall library of software rather than a couple AAA titles, it might move more hardware.

Isn't PvZ like super cheap on PC. $15 seems like a lot for a game that's been out forever and has been on everything.

Yeah, but its a puzzle game which is perfect for a handheld. I really don't play much on my PC (although I did buy diablo 3, which was a mistake).

patsu

Launch 3g JPN model here, recently every time I started up my Vita it showed up the date settings first. Now when I start it up the screen suddenly faded out while in the menu and won't power on again. Any ideas? Battery was still showing as green...

Tried pressing 30 sec twice, nothing.
When I connect it to power the orange light blinks twice and goes out.
I think it might be broken. :(

Edit: "flashing orange means the battery is going to die soon." the light glows orange, and then flashes once and fades.
Could a faulty battery be the problem?

If you can power it up after charging it fully, try restoring the database. May be your file system is corrupted.

If you can't power it up after charging the unit, then it's probably a battery problem.

patsu

Yeah, but its a puzzle game which is perfect for a handheld. I really don't play much on my PC (although I did buy diablo 3, which was a mistake).

I love PvZ ! Own it for PS3, iOS and Vita. ^_^

But for $15, it's (too) expensive ! You can buy cheaper ones on other platforms.

The game's worth the price for me -- if you REALLY want to play the Vita version. I paid $15 because I got the PS3 version for free earlier (and I saved some $$$ from early B2G1 deals).

Furoba

If you can power it up after charging it fully, try restoring the database. May be your file system is corrupted.

If you can't power it up after charging the unit, then it's probably a battery problem.

I managed to power it up again, resulting in the database rebuilding itself automatically, but it won't charge anymore. Orange light won't turn on. Green battery bar won't change to charging status. Clock settings still show up first.

I called Sony here and they'll pick up the system tomorrow. Battery seems faulty.

I love PvZ ! Own it for PS3, iOS and Vita. ^_^

But for $15, it's (too) expensive ! You can buy cheaper ones on other platforms.

The game's worth the price for me -- if you REALLY want to play the Vita version. I paid $15 because I got the PS3 version for free earlier (and I saved some $$$ from early B2G1 deals).

Maybe it will go on sale for PS+ users soon. I went ahead and spent my money on Virtua Tennis instead. Considering everyone raving about it here and how I loved the series on Dreamcast I think it was a better buy. I still do want PvZ, though.

Maybe it will go on sale for PS+ users soon. I went ahead and spent my money on Virtua Tennis instead. Considering everyone raving about it here and how I loved the series on Dreamcast I think it was a better buy. I still do want PvZ, though.

It's a great game easily worth the $15, has a platinum too if you are into that. The only problem is that it is cheaper on other platforms, that doesn't mean it's not worth $15 IMHO.

Think of an Infamous title for Vita *________________________*

AWWWW i can see it in my head.
In the aftermath of the great human cleansing, two factions of conduits rise up. One seeks to liberate and rebuild the world, bring order to the strange new world of super powered individuals. The other seeks to oppress all in the name of the Beast. Imagine, playing a character that forces the beast to look at the error of his ways and sacrifice himself to try and change time by jumping to the past, you know becoming Kessler. i guess that would be the good ending. In the bad one you would be so fucking evil even the beast knows that the world shouldn't have ended up that way. doesn't matter just bring the whole series full circle. It would be perfect. the reasons for Vita, you could have gangs of conduits and manage them peacewalker style. and that would open it up for multiplayer too

so many possibilities

Kyon

Banned
AWWWW i can see it in my head.
In the aftermath of the great human cleansing, two factions of conduits rise up. One seeks to liberate and rebuild the world, bring order to the strange new world of super powered individuals. The other seeks to oppress all in the name of the Beast. Imagine, playing a character that forces the beast to look at the error of his ways and sacrifice himself to try and change time by jumping to the past, you know becoming Kessler. i guess that would be the good ending. In the bad one you would be so fucking evil even the beast knows that the world shouldn't have ended up that way. doesn't matter just bring the whole series full circle. It would be perfect. the reasons for Vita, you could have gangs of conduits and manage them peacewalker style. and that would open it up for multiplayer too

so many possibilities

*O*

http://i.imgur.com/tks2z.png

So here are my options, with prices...which do you think is the best value?

If you can invest into biggest card you can afford. It will save you buying a new one soon :)

I stupidly thought that when my 8 gig card in PSP lasted 4 years witout ever filling to the max i'd be safe with 16 on vita.

But thanks to digital sales on PSN it's full now and i can't wait for introduction of 64 gig cards.

NinjaBoiX

I picked up a 32gig card from play. com for 55 notes. But the pre owned vita I got had a 8gig card in it, that I got 10 quid for. Still, 45 pounds for 32gig of storage stinks.

Quick question though, is 10 pages the most you can add to the vita? Kind of worrying, since I've filled 9 already. Do you just have to delete stuff? Why limit it to 10? Have I missed something?

Yes, 10 pages is currently the limit. IIRC, you can still install new applications but you won't be able to launch them unless you free up some real estate. I guess Sony didn't expect people to buy that many games.

NinjaBoiX

Well most of the space is demos, it's no big deal yet. I just liked putting 3 icons at the bottom of each page, looks cleaner. Hopefully they patch it, seems unnecessarily limited.

Also, it might not be so bad if you could delete the base apps, I'll never use maps, near, party or remote play for example.

RpgN

Now that Gravity Rush and Motostorm RC are out of the way, my next two Vita games will be Mutant Blobs Attack and Unit-13. At least that's the plan when the 32 gb memory card arrives here, which was shipped 20 days ago?! I'm getting really pissed off with offerhouse.com and maybe I should have just bought it from the shops even when they're overpriced here :( Kind of worried wether the parcel was lost or something...

brentech

I wish there was a way to upload them without having to resort to using a camera to record the vita.

I thought the same thing. Would be glorious if it could be sent to YouTube. Then again, GT5 said they'd have that, and they couldn't get it done either.

batbeg

Any hope for a locoroco game? I'm so utterly apathetic towards the Vita, but a new entry in my favorite portable platformer would get me to sell a kidney for one - especially if it were more in line with Midnight Carnival.

Any hope for a locoroco game? I'm so utterly apathetic towards the Vita, but a new entry in my favorite portable platformer would get me to sell a kidney for one - especially if it were more in line with Midnight Carnival.

Not a single word on Locoroco :( I'm waiting more on a Patapon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom