• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Also noteworthy regarding the Toronto event:

In the main room, there were only five Vitas, four of which were demoing CoD, while one had P4G.

There were another 8 or so, but they were hidden away in the basement. I probably wouldn't have even known there was a basement containing Vita games if I didn't go down there to use the restroom at one point.

On the upside, one of the pieces of swag I picked up was a pair of touchscreen compatible PlayStation branded gloves -- presumably for use with a Vita? I'll go ahead and presume it anyway.

Anyone else getting strange behavior with the menu buttons, as well as a delay when drawing notes in the Virtue's Last Reward demo? It feels so janky, I hope they tighten this up.

branny

Anyone else getting strange behavior with the menu buttons, as well as a delay when drawing notes in the Virtue's Last Reward demo? It feels so janky, I hope they tighten this up.
I haven't tried the English demo yet, but the JP one felt like everything was still optimized for stylus. =\

Young Magus

Alright, so apparently its the month that everything starts kickin into high gear with the vita, what would Vita-GAF be looking forword to in the next few weeks/months? I'm personally looking forward towards JSR, Ragnarok Odyssey and Street Fighter X Tekken
(Maybe)

By the way, I picked up a $20 psn card and I'm stuck between purchasing Ys 7 and God Eater. If you had to choose one game to get which one would it be? Thank you in advance

By the way, I picked up a $20 psn card and I'm stuck between purchasing Ys 7 and God Eater. If you had to choose one game to get which one would it be? Thank you in advance

tricky one. Having played them both I got more time out of god eater (49 hours) but Ys Seven is still adecen length (over 20 hours I think).

God eater is repetative but addictive boss battles over and over with a typical quirky / crazy japanese story on it. Ys has a much better story and is an action RPG where you travel all over its world like a faster paced zelda game I guess. Combat system is pretty cool in it as well..

You cant go wrong with either really (assuming both are to your taste)

Alright, so apparently its the month that everything starts kickin into high gear with the vita, what would Vita-GAF be looking forword to in the next few weeks/months? I'm personally looking forward towards JSR, Ragnarok Odyssey and Street Fighter X Tekken
(Maybe)

Ys 7, especially if you're playing single player. Ys7 is the complete package, great action, great bosses, music, exploration, side quest etc. God eater is more repetitive where you mainly do the same thing over and over again, even if the action is great, you have bigger chance to get bored with ge imo, especially if youre playing alone

shaqnosis

Neo Member
Anybody else gonna go out on a limb and buy Declassified?

The tone of the previews is not exactly glowing, so I'm gonna wait a while after launch to hear some user impressions. Really hanging out for a good FPS with awesome multiplayer on the Vita though.

There is a lot of love for LBP Vita so I am probably going to buy that soon. How is the community for the game? Are the user levels of good quality?

Looking for opinions - is it bad form to review a game by voice alone and include video footage from other people on my own channel?

Looking for opinions - is it bad form to review a game by voice alone and include video footage from other people on my own channel?

Depends what sort of footage - if it's press media, trailers etc then it's fine but if its just some other persona review then... It's a bit dodgy since he owns that material

There is a lot of love for LBP Vita so I am probably going to buy that soon. How is the community for the game? Are the user levels of good quality?

Yeah, user levels are definitely off to a good start, from what I've played so far. I loved Wooden Crown, for instance (posted in the LBP thread).

sajj316

guys .. missing in action for a couple of days .. missed this thread!

ok so I bought Hungry Giraffe and now I'm addicted. Such as simple game yet I want to keep eating all the fruit!

Interesting to hear about the Madden patch. I'm more inclined to purchase the game.

guys .. missing in action for a couple of days .. missed this thread!

ok so I bought Hungry Giraffe and now I'm addicted. Such as simple game yet I want to keep eating all the fruit!

Interesting to hear about the Madden patch. I'm more inclined to purchase the game.

Haha, have to try that game.

Ohnonono

Silent Hill:BoM is pretty fun I think. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who isn't a huge SH fan(hate getting jump scared!) but loves dungeon crawlers, especially if they aren't typical fantasy stuff. That said I also like Corpse Party, and Parasite Eve stuff so I do tend to like horror-ish stuff!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Silent Hill:BoM is pretty fun I think. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who isn't a huge SH fan(hate getting jump scared!) but loves dungeon crawlers, especially if they aren't typical fantasy stuff. That said I also like Corpse Party, and Parasite Eve stuff so I do tend to like horror-ish stuff!

SH:BoM isn't bad, it's actually quite good for what it is. I'm just pissed they tacked the Silent Hill tag on there when it's CLEARLY not a Silent Hill game that the series is sort of known for.

That said, I'm buying it. :p

zroid

Banned
I have no affinity for the Silent Hill series whatsoever, so I suspect I will probably like Book of Memories, based on what I've seen. Still have to try the demo, though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have no affinity for the Silent Hill series whatsoever, so I suspect I will probably like Book of Memories, based on what I've seen. Still have to try the demo, though.

It's a very cool game for what it is. Like, reminds me almost of a Dungeon Hunter meets Diablo 1. And if multiplayer stands out like I hope it does, it will be SUPER good.

sajj316

I had a feeling this would be the case.

The games don't really run well on consoles as it is and they seem to be trying to match the visuals of those releases.

I couldn't believe how bad the framerate was in Brotherhood on 360 (I'm sure it was worse on PS3 even).

I can forgive frame rate dips similar to the ones in the MGS Collection. As long as it doesn't impact gameplay too much ... I can appreciate bringing the AC experience to the handheld.

quetz67

Banned
Good. Signed! I'll relay this to friends and twitter

Vitabros and Vitamuffins .. lets get this going!

Great, only 999,998 to go (hope they make it if we reach a million).

Thanks for sharing, I am not good at that social stuff. And if anyone of the Pros want to make a nice image maybe?

Great, only 999,998 to go (hope they make it if we reach a million).

Thanks for sharing, I am not good at that social stuff. And if anyone of the Pros want to make a nice image maybe?

Are there even a million ps vita owner who want Resident Evil?

Also , if this success they will start with Resident Evil Mercenaries as a test.

anddo0

SH:BoM is surprisingly good. My plate is pretty full though. It definitely deserves a look. I'm just not sure when I'll get the time to fit it in.

sajj316

Are there even a million ps vita owner who want Resident Evil?

Also , if this success they will start with Resident Evil Mercenaries as a test.

Where's your positivity? If they start with Mercenaries, I will start a petition to have them not start with Mercenaries.

After the debacle that is Resident Evil 6, having a proper Resident Evil (even if on a portable) will be welcome site for vita owners and potential vita owners that are RE fans.

Posting URL for the petition for Resident Evil Vita on new page ..

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/460/650/197/resident-evil-for-ps-vita/

I'm all in folks ..

tweeted the following in hopes of retweets by followers :)

Capcom Unity US
Capcom Unity JP
Capcom France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom