• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's your positivity? If they start with Mercenaries, I will start a petition to have them not start with Mercenaries.

After the debacle that is Resident Evil 6, having a proper Resident Evil (even if on a portable) will be welcome site for vita owners and potential vita owners that are RE fans.

Posting URL for the petition for Resident Evil Vita on new page ..

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/460/650/197/resident-evil-for-ps-vita/

But there is noting in the petition that mention "proper " or traditional Resident evil.......

And lol at "If they start with Mercenaries, I will start a petition to have them not start with Mercenaries." You are not serious about this are you?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I own it - it has fully featured online exactly like the console version

Is it full of curb stompers? I want to get online with it, but I was never too great at MvC3, haha. I enjoy competition vs faceroll.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/10/04/castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-returns-next-week-to-psn/

Is this old news? Finally Sotn on psn, i hope it is vita compatible and don't screw this up. Also gives me hope for psp Castlevania on euro psn soon

I'm pretty sure I've had this on my Vita for a while. When I first got my Vita FEB, I was able to transfer it over I thought? Did they take it down for some reason at one point?

sajj316

But there is noting in the petition that mention "proper " or traditional Resident evil.......

And lol at "If they start with Mercenaries, I will start a petition to have them not start with Mercenaries." You are not serious about this are you?

Good point, quetz67 .. can you make this clarification?

and yes .. I'm dead serious. I'm not down with bullshit

Wonko_C

UMVC3's online is pretty damn good and oddly for me it feels better than the online on the 360 version, and I play that one on a wired connection.

Ranked is a PitA with 9 out of 10 players disconnecting after losing, though, so bad that sometimes when I see a guy with a straight 500 wins record I proceed to kick his ass and then I disconnect before he has a chance to.

FireCloud

Anybody else gonna go out on a limb and buy Declassified?

I had fun with R:BS, so I'll probably get COD:D as well. I believe it makes a huge difference if you have friends who play as well. That is what has kept me interested in R:BS.

New Littke Kings Story is pretty fucking addictive.

Purchased this last night but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. I was pretty much sold on it after watching twentytwo22's youtube video. Hope I like it as much as you seem to be.

twentytwo22's vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpcjudkwv5Y

tzare

Is it full of curb stompers? I want to get online with it, but I was never too great at MvC3, haha. I enjoy competition vs faceroll.

I'm pretty sure I've had this on my Vita for a while. When I first got my Vita FEB, I was able to transfer it over I thought? Did they take it down for some reason at one point?

Yes for NA users but not europe , which is kinda weird for such a popular game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Are there even a million ps vita owner who want Resident Evil?

Not if it's Biohazard 6 and from modern Capcom.

I'd kill for a Biohazard Outbreak though.
But not from modern Capcom

Yopis

Good point, quetz67 .. can you make this clarification?

and yes .. I'm dead serious. I'm not down with bullshit

Count me in...also wish capcom would bring super puzzle fighter out for vita. The psn/xbla version was great and had online play.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/10/04/castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-returns-next-week-to-psn/

Is this old news? Finally Sotn on psn, i hope it is vita compatible and don't screw this up. Also gives me hope for psp Castlevania on euro psn soon

Why not play the PS1 version or the Dracula X Chronicles, which it contains?
Or is this some superduper HD release?

I finished the PS1 version last week, it was awesome. Just make sure to download the US version for 60Hz.

tzare

Why not play the PS1 version or the Dracula X Chronicles, which it contains?
Or is this some superduper HD release?

I finished the PS1 version last week, it was awesome. Just make sure to download the US version for 60Hz.

Because neither of them are available on euro PSN. I already own Sotn on my us account and dracula x chronicles on umd but i d love to enjoy them on vita and switching accounts on it is a pain in the ass.

Foshy

1bjp2.png

It's awesome.

quetz67

Banned
Yeah, if you tell the RE6 team they should please do a proper RE next time, I bet they are very happy.

But anyway, you can enter your wishes in the comment field.

I think I have figured out the whole PS Vita strategy and how Sony is OK with the current status of the handheld.

Looking at the history of the system so far, we have seen lots of bugs with the system (at least I have personally), new apps like Facebook, Youtube, and LiveTweet. The launch of Playstation Plus on the system, the adaptation of the PS One library. The launch of Playstation Mobile. All of this is beta-phase work.

The reason the price-cut is not yet here is because Sony is still using the first adopters as beta-testers. Once the system has all the bells and whistles, a solid line-up of games, mature apps and a mature OS, a price cut will make maximal impact. If they had a price-cut now before everything is in place the comments on the forums would be that it isn't ready for primetime.

The 3DS price cut worked because purchasers were greeted with a new Mario Kart and a new 3D Mario game, with a Resident Evil around the corner.

I have no doubts about the next year of the system. It will be a very solid device. As it is right now, I enjoy playing on it a lot more than the 3DS, which is like a kid's toy in comparison.

Roubjon

How's Parasite Eve on Vita?

It's really good from what I've played, which is about an hour's worth. I mean, it's the same Parasite Eve it's always been, but it's just being shown on a really nice screen. Which is good because there is a lot of darkness in the game, and the Vita displays it really nicely.

Grrrrrrr I kinda wrote off Ragnarok Odyssey as it is so close to other releases, but watching twentytwo's online co op video is making it hard to resist.

If it is discounted on PSN then I may dive in and try to hit that $100 mark for October.

whitehawk

Banned
Need for Speed needs to hurry up and be released. I love Ridge Racer but it's time for a new racer (not a huge fan of Wipeout).

Darkangus

Grrrrrrr I kinda wrote off Ragnarok Odyssey as it is so close to other releases, but watching twentytwo's online co op video is making it hard to resist.

If it is discounted on PSN then I may dive in and try to hit that $100 mark for October.

This month is getting hard to manage... Games overload... Not really but I have to many on my list... bbbaaahhhh
Got to end LBP as quick as possible....

This month is getting hard to manage... Games overload... Not really but I have to many on my list... bbbaaahhhh
Got to end LBP as quick as possible....

Yep, I still need to beat, do ever really beat it though?, LBP and Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger I can literally beat at any time I just want to finish side quests.

On top of all this madness I have a feeling we are reeeeeealy close to a Retro City Rampage release.

gcubed

why did i have to watch that video?

Darkangus

Yep, I still need to beat, do ever really beat it though?, LBP and Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger I can literally beat at any time I just want to finish side quests.

On top of all this madness I have a feeling we are reeeeeealy close to a Retro City Rampage release.

My Vita is getting a lion share of my gaming money... =)
Many, many, many games to play...
lassard.jpg

Cornbread78

Where's your positivity? If they start with Mercenaries, I will start a petition to have them not start with Mercenaries.

After the debacle that is Resident Evil 6, having a proper Resident Evil (even if on a portable) will be welcome site for vita owners and potential vita owners that are RE fans.

Posting URL for the petition for Resident Evil Vita on new page ..

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/460/650/197/resident-evil-for-ps-vita/

I'm all in folks ..

tweeted the following in hopes of retweets by followers :)

Capcom Unity US
Capcom Unity JP
Capcom France

I clicked the link, but it doesn't work from the office.

spannicus

I wonder why Nihilistic could not score Zombies for black ops. With everyone saying they will buy the game for zombies alone and for them not to put the mode in is confusing. I bet treyarch was like uh no way. Besides we need a zombie game on the vita well at least I do. I have a sneaky feeling deep silver isgonna put a zombie game on it.

sajj316

I wonder why Nihilistic could not score Zombies for black ops. With everyone saying they will buy the game for zombies alone and for them not to put the mode in is confusing. I bet treyarch was like uh no way. Besides we need a zombie game on the vita well at least I do. I have a sneaky feeling deep silver isgonna put a zombie game on it.

Forget zombies .. let's shoot monkeys from Ape Escape! I'm sure there has got to be some interesting first party characters in the Sony library for us to shoot ..

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I guess I'm staying with retail copies at these prices,

They also had Unit 13 there for a tenner, may pick that up tomorrow, Blockbuster are having some great deals on Vita games atm, I guess they are clearing out stock because at my local store the Vita has practically no shelf space at all, they didn't even get LBP in.

Darkangus

They also had Unit 13 there for a tenner, may pick that up tomorrow, Blockbuster are having some great deals on Vita games atm, I guess they are claearing stock because at my local store the Vita has practically no shelf space at all, they didn't even get LBP in.

For that price I would buy, but no such luck...

Kazerei

Banned

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=dscf3248ydqna.jpg

They also had Unit 13 there for a tenner, may pick that up tomorrow, Blockbuster are having some great deals on Vita games atm, I guess they are clearing out stock because at my local store the Vita has practically no shelf space at all, they didn't even get LBP in.

Definitely get Unit 13. It's the best shooter Vita will ever have.

Carl

My local Blockbuster didn't even have deals that good in their closing down sale in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom