• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinduct

Meanwhile in South Africa, our most popular retailer doesn't have a shortcut for the Vita section from their main page. They have one for the 3DS (which has less items in total) than the Vita section (Games plus accessories and etc).

No idea why that annoys me so much. Guess its more to do with them being complacent with their store than actually being vita related :S

Takao

Banned
lol my local Zellers doesn't even have anything Vita.

Granted, I think that store only gets the biggest Nintendo releases and Call of Duty now. They still have PS2 games for $50 too ...

OmegaZero

I'll be honest, it sucks. In town it sucks, especially when your leading a a group of 12 citizens and your town is bustling with NPC's and effects (like leaves and winds). But outside of town on the fields it's smooth, generally.

Well, at least you're honest about it. :b

Yes, please explain if you are finding the Vita-specific controls a hindrance at all. The more opinions about that the better. I'd really like to get into MGS and am not sure if I should go for the PS3 version of the collection or not.

I only own MGS2 HD, but so far the back touch controls have been annoying. You use the back touch pad to lean and if you're aiming (but not trying to lean in a direction at all), it can mess up your shot if your hand brushes the back.
Other then that, it's been fine. Sniping with the Vita sticks is horrible though.

Moe Moe Daisensou Gendaiban ++ won't download. ): Guess I'll play Open Me for now. EDIT: Well, that didn't work.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that last line would make me think it was going to just be some digital download title that just appears on the store when it's ready like a PSN game.
"The game's almost done, guys!"

but xseed the translation has been done for a long time now

Ezi0

Does MGS run well then?
Thinking about picking it up, £8 is a little steep but i'll consider it if its a decent emulation. How big is it?

It's pretty much flawless. The file size is 748 MB. It can be annoying using the rear touch to bring up the equipment/weapons menu but it's easy to get used to.

Yes, please explain if you are finding the Vita-specific controls a hindrance at all. The more opinions about that the better. I'd really like to get into MGS and am not sure if I should go for the PS3 version of the collection or not.

The controls for MGS HD are really good. The only problem I've had is using the rear touch for pullups during hanging. It doesn't take long to get used to them.

Razorskin

----- ------
lol my local Zellers doesn't even have anything Vita.

Granted, I think that store only gets the biggest Nintendo releases and Call of Duty now. They still have PS2 games for $50 too ...

Yeah, zellers was awful for video game purchases, 3+ year old games seems to never drop in price. That Zellers is a Walmart now so I hope they are better.

Question about Liitle King's story..
Since there is no retail release in NA hows the EU version by comparison?
Any significant difference? Anything I should know about if I actually do import it?

Edit: I'm actually sorry I broke up that previous conversation..lol

what the fuck is going on here

Question about Liitle King's story..
Since there is no retail release in NA hows the EU version by comparison?
Any significant difference? Anything I should know about if I actually do import it?
I don't think there's any differences, really. Maybe extra language options? You won't be able to buy/use the DLC without a second memory card and an EU PSN account, either.

what the fuck is going on here

I don't think there's any differences, really. Maybe extra language options? You won't be able to buy/use the DLC without a second memory card and an EU PSN account, either.

Wasn't aware of any scheduled DLC.. I'll stick to digital then, I just really wanted the case.

branny

In case some people are unaware, there is supposedly a demo for DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE on the JP store if you're curious about the game and don't mind dealing with the memory card bullshit.

I guess they are trying to force some mod to move this thread to the community section.
naked women and ipads

yep i agree with toto for once
JUST KIDDING I AGREE WITH YOU SOMETIMES
In case some people are unaware, there is supposedly a demo for DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE on the JP store if you're curious about the game and don't mind dealing with the memory card bullshit.
It's actually one of the reasons I switched over earlier today. The other reason won't download. ):

Grief.exe

How much is the PSP version of Monster Hunter on the Vita store right now?

Can you play multiplayer using a program on your computer? Or do you have to use the PS3?

Takao

Banned
How much is the PSP version of Monster Hunter on the Vita store right now?

Can you play multiplayer using a program on your computer? Or do you have to use the PS3?

It has no native online features so you'd have to use Adhoc Party. I'm not sure if X-Link Kai works with Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom