• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Hey guys... just checking in to get a confirmation of upcoming VITA release dates in North America. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

NEXT TUESDAY * UPDATED *

Retro City Rampage
Spy Hunter
SunFlowers
At least we'll have something to buy next week now.

You suck?

It's okay, so do I.
I got a B on Normal and closed my eyes for too long on hard and failed, if that counts as sucking. ):

I guess I just don't like how it's setup. I never really knew how to hold the Vita since holding it vertical is fucking weird but my hands weren't quick enough when it was horizontal. Plus I like fast paced songs and the song in the demo was sorta sloooow.

I can't get over how awesome Little Kingd Story is. There is so much content, and the battles can be strategic. The game is dripping with adorable charm. And the game world is massive; imagine if the world maps of Zelda LTTP and Final Fantasy 12 and Dragon Quest 8 had a mutt baby.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Next week for Vita has Spy Hunter, Retro City Rampage, Dr. Who, and Sunflowers.
Oh man, oh man, oh manno ho amansdn

i'm so excited for spy hunter you guys

Looking forward to picking up Retro City Rampage if it turns out to be as good as I hope, and Sunflowers should be a fun time waster.

Chesskid1

Banned
u can get like every vita retail game $29.99 day 1 if you preorder and are price savvy. i will never pay $40, and $30 is the perfect price for me!!

would be really nice to get LKS :(

zroid

Banned
Yep, I'll stick with LKS Wii which I got for like 7 bucks. I'll just use this as an excuse to actually play it finally.

I think I'll pick up NLKS sometime near the end of the year, it's just a matter of... when.

Also, Moe Moe Daisensou Gendaiban ++ demo FINALLY finished. Jesus.

Technika has a demo on the JP store?

My 4gb will be turning Japanese it seems. But not now. No. I'm too tired.
Those excuses and procrastination might catch up to you one day.

It's pretty easy for when you do decide to do it, but if you have questions or are afraid of messing up, shoot some questions my way(or post them in the topic, of course :p).

I have a 16GB memory card I could format for Japan...is it as easy as swapping the cards out after setting it all up?

Vita Bro!...and sisters?? If I buy FF3 for PSP can i transfer that to my Vita? Also, that "Hell Yeah" game from Sega would look eye bleeding good on the system @_@

Takao

Banned
I think I'll pick up NLKS sometime near the end of the year, it's just a matter of... when.

Also, Moe Moe Daisensou Gendaiban ++ demo FINALLY finished. Jesus.

j3IH6.png

Vita Bro!...and sisters?? If I buy FF3 for PSP can i transfer that to my Vita? Also, that "Hell Yeah" game from Sega would look eye bleeding good on the system @_@

Via PS3 (assuming you're buying FF3 off of PSN), yes.

I have a 16GB memory card I could format for Japan...is it as easy as swapping the cards out after setting it all up?
For the most part. You take out your main card and restore the system, going through the start up process and using your JPN account. Then you just insert the other memory card and you're done.

It, uh, wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I was expecting lots of visual novel like talking, but the gameplay...

RCR isn't confirmed is it?
Blogcast confirmed it I think.

kiyomi

It's pretty easy for when you do decide to do it, but if you have questions or are afraid of messing up, shoot some questions my way(or post them in the topic, of course :p).

Such a bro.

Might actually finish Gravity Rush today. Ahh I'm never quite sure what I think of it.

matmanx1

New Little King's Story is worth the asking price. It's a big game and a full fledged action RPG/ Kingdom Building game with lots of charm. If you find Animal Crossing, Rune Factory and Pikmin fun and compelling then NLKS will positively hook you. None of my play sessions this week with it have been less than an hour long because once I pick it up I can't put it back down again.

The only reasons I can think of to shy away from the asking price are if you are very sensitive to slowdown (only happens in town so it doesn't effect the action) or if you just don't like the games I mentioned in the paragraph above. Otherwise, GET IT!

New Little King's Story is worth the asking price. It's a big game and a full fledged action RPG/ Kingdom Building game with lots of charm. If you find Animal Crossing, Rune Factory and Pikmin fun and compelling then NLKS will positively hook you. None of my play sessions this week with it have been less than an hour long because once I pick it up I can't put it back down again.

The only reasons I can think of to shy away from the asking price are if you are very sensitive to slowdown (only happens in town so it doesn't effect the action) or if you just don't like the games I mentioned in the paragraph above. Otherwise, GET IT!

there's just too many games that I bought recently that I'm not gonna spend $40 for a game I'm not playing anytime soon. and I never played the 3 games you mentioned, so really, I don't know if I'm into it or not. a demo could help.

You just sold it to me...thanks

Roubjon

Do you guys know if the trophies in the Asian version of New Little King's Story are in English? I really want the game, but I can import it for basically the same price and get a physical copy to boot.

zroid

Banned
Do you guys know if the trophies in the Asian version of New Little King's Story are in English? I really want the game, but I can import it for basically the same price and get a physical copy to boot.

What do you mean by "in english"? o.o

if the game is in english, the trophies is in english I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom