• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any rooms you haven't found? Look for doors on the minimap.

Have you cleared all the bue orbs chanllenges?

I think I see all rooms.
I have a room that has a ghost for the special room.
I have a room with a red seal icon that I stopped in... it has a book on a pedestal and when I press x, it flashes and does nothing it seems.
I have a room that has the store in it.
I have the room at the beginning with a ?.
And then I have a room that I thought was locked by the puzzle.

Oh damn, there is an exit to a room I missed...

OmegaZero

I think I see all rooms.
I have a room that has a ghost for the special room.
I have a room with a red seal icon that I stopped in... it has a book on a pedestal and when I press x, it flashes and does nothing it seems.
I have a room that has the store in it.
I have the room at the beginning with a ?.
And then I have a room that I thought was locked by the puzzle.

But are there any doors you haven't gone through? You should be able to see them as rectangular shapes on the minimap.
There should be one blue orb challenge left if you have one puzzle piece left to find. Either that or you didn't pick it up when you beat the challenge.

EDIT:
Oh damn, there is an exit to a room I missed...

Well, there we go. :b

Silent Hill Book of Memories is strange.
It's not bad at all. Kinda had a Silent Hill vibe, interesting gameplay -- could be fun with multiplayer coop, but on it's own, I can see it getting tired/repetitive quickly.
The load times do suck, when it loads a level, but I think this is cause everything is randomized?
I might be persuaded to pick it up someday at a budget price of like $10.

Edit: Am I the only one having avatar issues?

Takao

Banned
The amazing thing about SH is that the game's been done since the spring and it had atrocious load times back then too. The delays have seemingly done nothing on that end.

Shinriji

VITA GAME LIST

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkcebbnqCi8DdHJoQVpnenBDQldmNlM2aFlxd2FWaEE&pli=1#gid=0

VITABROS POPULARITY TOP 10 - Updated

1. Little Big Planet PS Vita
2. Sound Shapes / Uncharted: Golden Abyss
3. Motorstorm RC
4. Gravity Rush
5. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitation
6. Lumines: Eletronic Symphony / Super Stardust Delta
7. Treasure of Montezuma Blitz
8. MGS HD Collection / Rayman Origins / Tales of Space / Treasure Park / Wipeout 2048
9. Mortal Kombat
10. Unit 13

NEW GAMES THIS WEEK:

- New Little King Story
- DJMAX Technika Tune
- Nobunaga Ambition
- YS Celceta
- EDF 2017 Portable

PS1 - Someone deleted all data from Gravity Rush. If you have it, be sure to add your name again. Don't make Kat cry. Thanks.

To those that played Little King Story on the Wii how different is the vita one? Is the story, world design, bosses, enemies, or anything else different?

Fou-Lu

So GAF, what should I buy worth $100 for my Vita to get the $20 credit? Right now I have Wipeout, FF Tactics, P3P, Riviera, Stardust, Yggdra Union and Knights in the Nightmare.

leroidys

So GAF, what should I buy worth $100 for my Vita to get the $20 credit? Right now I have Wipeout, FF Tactics, P3P, Riviera, Stardust, Yggdra Union and Knights in the Nightmare.

GRAVITY RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111
sound shapes

tactics ogre

Toki767

Question: Should I add the Playstation Mobile games for the Vita Games List?

No. That'd pile it up way too much. A separate list maybe? Or just for ones with actual leaderboards.

Edit: Oh crap. SpyHunter just followed me on Twitter. I didn't even tweet about the Vita lately. Help.

Carl

No. That'd pile it up way too much. A separate list maybe? Or just for ones with actual leaderboards.

Edit: Oh crap. SpyHunter just followed me on Twitter. I didn't even tweet about the Vita lately. Help.

Tweet them and tell them to sod off. Or block them :p

Shinriji

OK. I will try to do a full, but separate, list. Remember that the list is to know GAF Vita buying habits. When I have time, I am gonna make some statistics on this data until now. The results seems promising.

Ezi0

The Metal Gear Solid HD collection on the Vita is so good.

I wasn't going to buy it because I already have it on the PS3, but playing MGS 1 on the Vita changed that :).

The Metal Gear Solid HD collection on the Vita is so good.

I wasn't going to buy it because I already have it on the PS3, but playing MGS 1 on the Vita changed that :).

Does MGS run well then?
Thinking about picking it up, £8 is a little steep but i'll consider it if its a decent emulation. How big is it?

branny

Yes, please explain if you are finding the Vita-specific controls a hindrance at all. The more opinions about that the better. I'd really like to get into MGS and am not sure if I should go for the PS3 version of the collection or not.

Moobabe

I sold the most Vitas at work today since the launch of the machine - obviously anecdotal, but there was quite a bit of buzz around the machine and the games (especially Assassin's Creed.) Hopefully some traction for the machine!

I sold the most Vitas at work today since the launch of the machine - obviously anecdotal, but there was quite a bit of buzz around the machine and the games (especially Assassin's Creed.) Hopefully some traction for the machine!

You just made my day. Are you allowed to say how many? And where?

Do only a few PSP demos work on Vita or something? I just downloaded the Sol Trigger demo from JP PSN and it works...
So this demo was weird but I think I enjoyed the game. Only thing I didn't like was how it's first person in battles(turn based, btw), like Wizardry and Unchained Blades and whatnot, but 3D exploration... odd stuff.

EDIT: Wait, it's not done yet!

Of course! If you never sold any, you would have sold the most ever today... so you sold one!
sprry i hate these jokes

Moobabe

You just made my day. Are you allowed to say how many? And where?

I'm not sure I can say how many (never been asked that before, but better safe until I know) and I work at GAME in the UK. I'm the only one who shouts about the Vita - I don't own one myself but I know there's some decent software on, and coming for, it.

Seems it's finally paying off - also the LBP bundle + Fifa + Uncharted + £10 quid off anything is flying off the shelves. As far as I'm aware the LBP Vita bundle is pretty reasonably priced in the UK as well in a lot of retailers. TRACTION!

UK tv ads still in full force. Seen some Sainsbury's ones now shaking off lbpv and their 189 pound deal. I'm kinda happy to see the. Advertising it often now

Edit : thanks poster above me. It's certainly gaining more presence here in the UK. I likey.

aCEIY.gif

Tratorn

UK tv ads still in full force. Seen some Sainsbury's ones now shaking off lbpv and their 189 pound deal. I'm kinda happy to see the. Advertising it often now

Edit : thanks poster above me. It's certainly gaining more presence here in the UK. I likey.

Is there a youtube-vid for this ad? Would like to see it.

The problem I had in GAME was the complete lack of selection of games. They had 5 Vita games on the shelves, I got the last Uncharted (that I know of) and despite advertising a bundle with Resistance they didn't appear to have any.

£230 for Fifa/Uncharted/LBP is a great deal, only found out about it due to a TV ad, I wasn't even listening to it properly I just heard the end bit and checked the website. The £10 voucher was a surprise to me and I used it to get £10 PSN vouchers :D

Looking at getting Assassins Creed: Liberation as I want to a support a Vita game that has had some effort put into it.

mauaus

I'll be honest, it sucks. In town it sucks, especially when your leading a a group of 12 citizens and your town is bustling with NPC's and effects (like leaves and winds). But outside of town on the fields it's smooth, generally.

not gamebreaking then? i want to finish with lbp (might be a while) and lks is my next game...

Moobabe

The problem I had in GAME was the complete lack of selection of games. They had 5 Vita games on the shelves, I got the last Uncharted (that I know of) and despite advertising a bundle with Resistance they didn't appear to have any.

£230 for Fifa/Uncharted/LBP is a great deal, only found out about it due to a TV ad, I wasn't even listening to it properly I just heard the end bit and checked the website. The £10 voucher was a surprise to me and I used it to get £10 PSN vouchers :D

Looking at getting Assassins Creed: Liberation as I want to a support a Vita game that has had some effort put into it.

I had to fight hard with my management to get the Vita bay up to scratch - they treat it like a second class machine and, in doing so, the attention customers gave it diminished.

Now I've managed to get a little coming soon section - with ass creed, lego lord of the rings etc - and a full back catalogue with pre owned options in there as well. We've got 4 bundles on offer and a whole bunch of official Sony accessories on the bay now as well that were just wasting upstairs.

The machine needs a bit of a push, certainly, so I'll keep fighting the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom