• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoDonPachi is a JP PSN PSone Classic, btw. :)

Is it one of the ones that is on the US store via the "Imports" like MM1-4?
I've been curious about some of the shmups that are on that section and if they're compatible via ps3 transfer (I think the MM games were in the PSV download list).
Anyway, if you have any recommendations from the US JPN Imports PSOne Classics section, I'm open to suggestions, since I have another $75 to spend before the end of the month.

Don't tease me Carl :(

I'd buy it, I think.

Relatively positive review of New Little King's Story @ Joystiq:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/05/new-little-kings-story-review/

Sounds like the majority of his complaints were related to the framreate drops and poorly designed interface; but neither were enough to stop him from really enjoying the game.

Also says that he got around 30 hours of gameplay out of the game.

It's a great game, my only complaints are actually on the technical side too, but it's the price to pay for a game running at native res.

It's not that bad and maybe it could turn into a Daxter/PSP situation, where a latter firmware that allows extra power to the game would make the game run smoother.

Darkone

I haven't played a lot of PS2 "classics" on my PS3, but I do own a couple and they seemed competent from what I played (God Hand). I know another GAF poster who is a frame rate Nazi and is usually up in arms over input lag and the like and last I knew he was pretty much satisfied with the Shinobi port.

I do too. I'd love to have my copies of God Hand and Odin Sphere on there. I'd also be inclined to buy additional titles, like Shinobi.

Are you running CFW, because BBS isn't digitally available, AFAIK.

I suppose this would do it...

Ok, well, if it's an extra 4gb card, then from what I hear it's pretty simple. So you should be okay, I think.

Yeah, i am running the Urbanix exploit.

Noi

Shiiiit.

Well then, it really depends. They're all different games, so what are you in the mood to play? You've probably played Guardian Heroes before, right?

See, I've never played Guardian Heroes (or its XBLA remake) so I have nothing to base that on. All 3 games would be new experiences for me!

I'm up for anything really. And judging by all the posts, everyone gives different suggestions.
KuGsj.gif
The curse of liking too many genres.

dsigns1

Sounds like the majority of his complaints were related to the framreate drops and poorly designed interface; but neither were enough to stop him from really enjoying the game.

I'm 11 hours in a still have a ways to go. Each time I pick up the game I put at least an hour into it. It's pretty fun just exploring areas. Sometimes I get caught up in that and forget I have quests.

zroid

Banned
TRAITOR!

I kid. Actually want to replace my 3DS with an XL and finally download titles from the eShop with a larger memory card

So worth it.

I might return it actually, I honestly can't afford a $40 game right now. I just got the willies because people are saying it's getting a REALLY TINY print run. Might as well get it now and decide if I want it later, eh.

OTZ

Noi

So worth it.

I might return it actually, I honestly can't afford a $40 game right now. I just got the willies because people are saying it's getting a REALLY TINY print run. Might as well get it now and decide if I want it later, eh.

Are you me

If I get Ragnarok Odyssey, I'd be supporting all three of my favorite publishers (Atlus, XSeed, Aksys) in the next few months, so I'm tempted to do that, but Code of Princess' limited run... argh, why so hard to choose.

It's a really great game. A great review too, I added it to the OT.

It's a great game, my only complaints are actually on the technical side too, but it's the price to pay for a game running at native res.

It's not that bad and maybe it could turn into a Daxter/PSP situation, where a latter firmware that allows extra power to the game would make the game run smoother.

I was thinking the same thing. It's a shame that the framerates drop, but it's not enough to make me want to not play it. It's an amazing game, even if the port isn't a HUGE sequel, there is some fun new stuff like item synthesizing and stuff. If you're looking for this kind of thing on a handheld, i.e. a RTS, city builder, RPG, etc, definitely get it. I love it.

I'm 11 hours in a still have a ways to go. Each time I pick up the game I put at least an hour into it. It's pretty fun just exploring areas. Sometimes I get caught up in that and forget I have quests.

I end up doing the same thing, I get too caught up exploring. I just love the game.

zroid

Banned
Are you me

If I get Ragnarok Odyssey, I'd be supporting all three of my favorite publishers (Atlus, XSeed, Aksys) in the next few months, so I'm tempted to do that, but Code of Princess' limited run... argh, why so hard to choose.

Haha, well, my XSEED quota is filled because I picked up The Last Story in August. :)

I'm also a lock for P4G. Probably going to get VLR too, but I want to play 999 first before committing. Soon, hopefully.

I'm up for anything really. And judging by all the posts, everyone gives different suggestions.
KuGsj.gif
The curse of liking too many genres.
i'm in the same boat, liking too many genres ):

But it's really up to you.

RO - ARPG fun, supporting your favorite publishers, play with people here.
CoP - possible limited run, cool first-run/preorder bonuses, basically a new experience for you, play with 3DS users
I bought an XL recently. It's lovely, and Cave Story looks mind-blowingly good.*
* After selling my first because I never played it.

i hate you lunch
My friend does that all the time. I hate him because he usually sells it for $15-$20 after buying it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So Sony is showing up to NYCC and here's a bit on their Vita lineup - thought it was interesting for one game on the list.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-of-war-ascension-playstation-all-stars-more/

If you’re looking for titles for your PS Vita, step up to the Vita Bar to play: Nico Nico, Samurai & Dragons, PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale, Ragnarok Odessey, Soul Sacrifice, Rocketbirds, Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Persona 4 Golden, Lego Lord of The Rings, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, When Vikings Attack!, and Guacamelee.

So was this game announced for a localization and I just missed it or is this another tease like Miku was?

Massa

So Sony is showing up to NYCC and here's a bit on their Vita lineup - thought it was interesting for one game on the list.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-of-war-ascension-playstation-all-stars-more/

If you’re looking for titles for your PS Vita, step up to the Vita Bar to play: Nico Nico, Samurai & Dragons, PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale, Ragnarok Odessey, Soul Sacrifice, Rocketbirds, Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Persona 4 Golden, Lego Lord of The Rings, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, When Vikings Attack!, and Guacamelee.

Goddamn the Vita has no games. Poor wallet.

And look, NFS is finally playable.

Iacobellis

So was this game announced for a localization and I just missed it or is this another tease like Miku was?

Has Sony forgot about demos, especially in 2012? This is great for people who don't own a Vita, but don't leave your loyal customers out in the dust.

Directly into my veins.

Same. God I wish I could go, I'm crazy busy with work and stuff. Gaffers, I need you to record as much as you can! :( I want NFS: Most Wanted so bad. So many games, my wallet can't handle it either. Also if Samurai & Dragons hits the West I'd flip. Hoping that Nobunaga game comes stateside as well.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Take some even if you're not allowed.

And I guess thats good to hear about Samurai & Dragons. Although considering its Sega so who knows.

darkwing

looks like it's 1 meal a day for me, so many games

I wonder if we will see some future Shin Megami titles on the Vita? Atlus was a big supporter of the PSP. 3DS has Soul Hackers and SMTIV, Vita has P4G. I wonder if we might get sonething else? Maybe a Raidou game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom