• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

BetrayalGAF. I'm already spending $100+ on VLR and Persona 4 Super shiny gold edition, plus I need to own more than one 3DS game sometime! Theatrhythm is getting old.!

That's funny. Theatrhythm is the only retail 3DS game I own too. Couldn't even finish Kingdom Hearts 3D or New Super Mario Bros 2.

Ohnonono

My hype for SH:Book of Memories is now pretty damn genuine. I know the Silent Hill IP is a sacred cow to fans, but if this game was re-skinned it would feel like an Arkham Horror/Mansions of Madness dungeon crawler. As it is SH is a bit like the dream stories from Lovecraft and a bit Pickman's Model. I did not expect to want this so bad but in reality its pulling a lot of strings for me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My hype for SH:Shattered Memories is now pretty damn genuine. I know the Silent Hill IP is a sacred cow to fans, but if this game was re-skinned it would feel like an Arkham Horror/Mansions of Madness dungeon crawler. As it is SH is a bit like the dream stories from Lovecraft and a bit Pickman's Model. I did not expect to want this so bad but in reality its pulling a lot of strings for me.

I'm hyped for the game, but I hate that they tossed the Silent Hill name on there to try and sell copies. They could have just called it Book of Memories and it would have been equally fitting. But by putting Silent Hill's name on there, it has given many of us fan an odd taste in our mouth.

That being said, who knows how the full game will shape up. Maybe there's more to the Silent Hill name than we are aware of at the moment.

RpgN

VanWinkle said:
To those crazy Urupens out there who bought Sunflower: is it good? I thought it looked good.

It's good, it's solid. It has just the right combination of appealing style, fitting music and easy to pick up gameplay that is addictive. There not might be much to the rules but the difficulty picks up the higher level you are. The objective is to collect all flowers in the game, there are three different difficulty modes that increase the appearance of rare flowers the higher the difficulty. You can also combine your flowers to get new ones, I've been experimenting with that yesterday and it helped me get a lot of the 5 stars flowers. There is classic mode and tropical mode each having 165 flowers to collect.

I'd say get it if you enjoy easy to pick up games. The sessions can take a long time when you're reaching higher levels and you're not dying though!

Ohnonono

I'm hyped for the game, but I hate that they tossed the Silent Hill name on there to try and sell copies. They could have just called it Book of Memories and it would have been equally fitting. But by putting Silent Hill's name on there, it has given many of us fan an odd taste in our mouth.

That being said, who knows how the full game will shape up. Maybe there's more to the Silent Hill name than we are aware of at the moment.

Yeah maybe there is some fan service or something in there. I wouldn't really know but as it is the game has a very unique pace, structure, and mood. I also think its pretty creepy, but I am a big ol' wuss.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah maybe there is some fan service or something in there. I wouldn't really know but as it is the game has a very unique pace, structure, and mood. I also think its pretty creepy, but I am a big ol' wuss.

Atmospherically, the game actually does a pretty decent job given the genre it's working in. And the demo runs REALLY smooth (the opening cut-scene felt a little off, though). On top of that, it looks good and is fun to play.

I'll be buying it, but I just hope the Silent Hill isn't as tacked on as it feel.s :p

darkwing

Atmospherically, the game actually does a pretty decent job given the genre it's working in. And the demo runs REALLY smooth (the opening cut-scene felt a little off, though). On top of that, it looks good and is fun to play.

I'll be buying it, but I just hope the Silent Hill isn't as tacked on as it feels :p

I wonder how the MP would play though

AwRy108

My wife and I each signed up for the PlayStation Credit Card to take advantage of the free $50 PSN card and free 12 months of PS+. Once we each get our PSN funds, I'll probably buy New Little Kings Story--$40 is still way too much, but since my method of payment is actually coming out of SONY's pocket, I'll be less picky with how I spend it.

Anyway, I hope to see more GAF impressions of the game.

My hype for SH:Book of Memories is now pretty damn genuine. I know the Silent Hill IP is a sacred cow to fans, but if this game was re-skinned it would feel like an Arkham Horror/Mansions of Madness dungeon crawler. As it is SH is a bit like the dream stories from Lovecraft and a bit Pickman's Model. I did not expect to want this so bad but in reality its pulling a lot of strings for me.

Reminds me of 3rd Birthday.

PaulSancheezzee

Neo Member
Question for the folks who still occasionally play umvc3: do you use find it easier to use the thumbstick or the d-pad? I find myself constantly switching between the two and can't seem to stick to one or the other.

VanWinkle

It's good, it's solid. It has just the right combination of appealing style, fitting music and easy to pick up gameplay that is addictive. There not might be much to the rules but the difficulty picks up the higher level you are. The objective is to collect all flowers in the game, there are three different difficulty modes that increase the appearance of rare flowers the higher the difficulty. You can also combine your flowers to get new ones, I've been experimenting with that yesterday and it helped me get a lot of the 5 stars flowers. There is classic mode and tropical mode each having 165 flowers to collect.

I'd say get it if you enjoy easy to pick up games. The sessions can take a long time when you're reaching higher levels and you're not dying though!

Cool. Thanks!

liked this game from the first videos shown. it looks to me to be the sh equivalent of the metal gear ac!d games (which i love) - not something you expected, maybe, but, hell, why not? :) ...

Nibel

iHXO49mrLkLyH.png

x14md.jpg

How come he don't want me

Nakiro

I'm stuck on one of the levels in Escape Plan - Director's Cut DLC. It's called Wish You Were Here, any tips? There must be something I'm missing that's just not getting through to me.

RCR is confirmed for Tuesday?

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/04/retro-city-rampages-life-of-crime-starts-oct-9-on-ps3-vita-a/

Alright so I'm ready to switch accounts on my 4gb - is there a more coherent guide than the one given here in the OP?

Is the IGN video still relevant, and safe?

I think as of 1.8, you can no longer do this without formatting your memory card.
But I'm not speaking from experience; I just remember the clamor over the fact that Sony locked memory cards to an account with the 1.8 FW (or something to that effect).

Darkone

playing Kingdom hearts birth of sleep, It looks amazing on the vita screen.
dam i hope they will release PS2 games for the vita.

kiyomi

I actually can't use Content Manager, I've tried to before and for some reason the software and my Mac don't like each other.

To be clear, the 4gb card is meaningless, I don't care if it's wiped by switching accounts.

zroid

Banned
I actually can't use Content Manager, I've tried to before and for some reason the software and my Mac don't like each other.

To be clear, the 4gb card is meaningless, I don't care if it's wiped by switching accounts.

I liked your old avatar better :(

It's probably not powerful enough to emulate PS2. Even PS3 can't do it properly.

I haven't played a lot of PS2 "classics" on my PS3, but I do own a couple and they seemed competent from what I played (God Hand). I know another GAF poster who is a frame rate Nazi and is usually up in arms over input lag and the like and last I knew he was pretty much satisfied with the Shinobi port.

playing Kingdom hearts birth of sleep, It looks amazing on the vita screen.
dam i hope they will release PS2 games for the vita.

I do too. I'd love to have my copies of God Hand and Odin Sphere on there. I'd also be inclined to buy additional titles, like Shinobi.

Are you running CFW, because BBS isn't digitally available, AFAIK.

He meant PSP. Probably has the eCFW installed via Urbanix

I suppose this would do it...

Ok, well, if it's an extra 4gb card, then from what I hear it's pretty simple. So you should be okay, I think.

KalBalboa

Banned
Maybe I'm in a smarmy mood today, but I can't help but smirk at the few complaints some have made today that PSN is suddenly "too good" due to all these releases hitting in October.

Considering how much Vita stuff is hitting the same time the $100/$20 promotion started, I'm honestly surprised. I was expecting to have this sale without anything new to buy towards it, thus "forcing" me to buy $100 of content I had passed on before. It's not like there's going to be a dry spell through December, either.

Maybe I'm in a smarmy mood today, but I can't help but smirk at the few complaints some have made today that PSN is suddenly "too good" due to all these releases hitting in October.

Considering how much Vita stuff is hitting the same time the $100/$20 promotion started, I'm honestly surprised. I was expecting to have this sale without anything new to buy towards it, thus "forcing" me to buy $100 of content I had passed on before. It's not like there's going to be a dry spell through December, either.

I'm still having trouble filling out my $100 to get $20 back, but I wasn't complaining over what's available either. :p

If I decide to pick up RCR to put towards my total, well then, at least it's something new, I guess. $73.04 to go.

Alright, cheers.

But if everything goes wrong, I'm blaming you hehe :p

I'm okay with that. I mean with a name like Frost, I'm probably evil. :p
But seriously, it should be okay, I think -- if you still have all the data on your main card (and even possibly backed it up so it's on your PS3/PC), putting a different card in and doing account recovery or whatever should work with minimal hassle, I think.

I think a few of the regulars in here do this sort of thing, so they should weigh in on the matter shortly, I'd guess.

Man, I just got 12 or so hours of sleep. Feels goooood. @_@

You people are making it really hard to choose between Ragnarok Odyssey, New Little King's Story and Code of Princess. :(
Rags and Purinsesu.

I liked your old avatar better :(
i did too D:

Alright, cheers.

But if everything goes wrong, I'm blaming you hehe :p
I back my stuff up just in case, but you shouldn't need to. Really, if you don't mind bubbles resetting their position, it'll be fine. Turn off your Vita, take out the memory card(MAKE SURE TO DO THIS), turn it back on, do a system restore(and thus deactivate your main account), then go through the first time setup again. But instead of putting the log-in information of your main account, you want to use the email and pass for your JPN account. When the stupidly long intro video is done, turn off your Vita again and put in your other memory card(4gb). Should be good to d/l things from there. Make sure to get the Project Diva f demo!

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm still having trouble filling out my $100 to get $20 back, but I wasn't complaining over what's available either. :p

If I decide to pick up RCR to put towards my total, well then, at least it's something new, I guess. $73.04 to go.

From the $100 deal thread:

My revised October PSN purchases:

10/1 Tokyo Jungle ($13, last day of PS+ sale)
10/9 Retro City Rampage ($15)
10/9 Sunflowers ($4)
10/16 Jet Set Radio Vita ($10)
10/? Walking Dead Episodes 3 & 4 ($10)
10/23 Killzone HD ($15)
10/23 Smart As... (~$25)
10/30 Okami HD ($20)

$112.

oldmario

I back my stuff up just in case, but you shouldn't need to. Really, if you don't mind bubbles resetting their position, it'll be fine. Turn off your Vita, take out the memory card(MAKE SURE TO DO THIS), turn it back on, do a system restore(and thus deactivate your main account), then go through the first time setup again. But instead of putting the log-in information of your main account, you want to use the email and pass for your JPN account. When the stupidly long intro video is done, turn off your Vita again and put in your other memory card(4gb). Should be good to d/l things from there. Make sure to get the Project Diva f demo!

If you put the vita in sleepmode while this plays and wake up up, rip the screen it should automatically kick you to the bubbles thing asif it was being used normally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom