• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the $100 deal thread:

I missed out on Tokyo Jungle by 3 hours. Purchase time was like 10:30 PM on 9/30.
So I have MVC:Origins and the Gwabbity Squeeze DLC on my tab already. for $24.96.

The sad part is, I think the only thing I'll be grabbing off your list is SunFlowers (and maybe RCR). If SunFlowers is $3.99, that's $28.95.

My backup plan is:
UMvC3 Vita (digital) $34.99
Lumines Vita (digital) $34.99

This would put me at $98.93.

Oh how I wish Sine Mora would be put out already... :(

The sega genesis collection looks so damn nice on vita. Having phantasy stars and sword of vermillion looks way better than on wii virtual console. Best $15 I've spent in a while. I think the audio is a lot nicer than sonics collection too.

kiyomi

Shit, I was worried there for a second. My Vita froze in between the 'Restoring System - Do Not Switch Off' and 'Restore Complete' messages. Wouldn't reset the first time, but it looks like it's alright now. Phewww :)

And yes yes I'll bring the avatar back at some point jeez :p

By the way, someone might have done/tried this before, but:

A4dCQeLCMAAMOMY.jpg

Tate DoDonPachi on the Vita is awesome.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I realized why Sony's still charging full price for digital copies of the retail games that have dropped to $20 (eg Wipeout)

It's because it's a clearance sale, they're trying to get rid of stock, and if people buy the digital copy, all those retails boxes will just sit on the shelf. I would hope that by the time Christmas has come and gone, the digital versions' prices will drop.

Sony probably figured this out as a new problem with digital sales. Sure, they are saving money a little bit on digital sales, but if those retail boxes just sit there, or get returned, it'll probably balance back out and they'll lose money cause the cost of production didn't actually go down.

kiyomi

Success! *jig*

Alright, now what sexy JP demos should I go for here? Obviously Technika. Anything else worth this hassle?

Loudninja

SunFlowers Shines on PS Vita Tuesday for $3.99
Good news, everyone: we have an official date for SunFlowers — next Tuesday, October 9th for $3.99! SunFlowers is a brand new puzzle-shooter game for PS Vita, including two unique worlds: Classic and Tropical. Each world has more than 160 flowers to collect.
See you on Tuesday for the release of SunFlowers on PSN for $3.99. And if you’re not sold on it yet, be sure to check out the free demo!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/05/sunflowers-shines-on-ps-vita-tuesday-for-3-99/

Loudninja

Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock on PS Vita Tuesday
In response to many, many questions from PS Vita owners, I’m delighted to officially announce that the PS Vita version of Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock will be available to download from the PlayStation Store next week on October 9th in the US and October 10 in Europe! The PS Vita version of the game will have several new features that we’ve been working on the past few months.
One example are the new PS Vita controls, which utilize the combination of the dual analog stick controls and PS Vita’s touchscreen features, enabling players to switch between the more traditional controls and the ability to tap the screen to affect the action. All of the puzzle games within the game have been reworked to make full use of touchscreen controls as well.
We’re also tapping into “near”, PS Vita’s geo-social service. Using “near”, players can collect “Gallifrean” medals while playing through the adventure and then drop them in a GPS location for other players to collect. Grow your collection while searching for other players’ medals!
We’ll also support PS Vita’s Cloud Save option for players who own Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock on both PS3 and PS Vita in the form of “Continuation Play.” This enables you to save your game on one device and load it on the other, which means you can continue your adventure while you’re on the move with your PS Vita and then pick it back up from the same place at home on your PS3.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/05/doctor-who-the-eternity-clock-on-ps-vita-tuesday/

Acosta

Playing Super Crate Box on Vita is a revelation.

As someone that is getting more and more interested in mobile gaming, the idea of having more of that with a d-pad is really attractive.

Success! *jig*

Alright, now what sexy JP demos should I go for here? Obviously Technika. Anything else worth this hassle?
Project Diva f, obviously. Then maybe New Little King's Story(could be listed as 王と魔王と7人の姫君たち~新・王様物語~, I'll check now.)?

EDIT: It is listed as that. Go to the store -> PS Vita -> and click the third option for demos.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Project Diva f, obviously. Then maybe New Little King's Story(could be listed as 王と魔王と7人の姫君たち~新・王様物語~, I'll check now.)?

EDIT: It is listed as that. Go to the store -> PS Vita -> and click the third option for demos.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

kiyomi

Gonna have the DJ Max demo tune stuck in my head for ages now. It's really fun too.

DL'ing Miku now.

I believe it's an emulator via the homebrew hack. So, no money involved. Just some research and good luck (i.e. if you don't have Urbanix (PSP Mini) you're SOL for now). See wololo.net

Oh darn, I did a lot of that kind of stuff with my PSP back in the day, but I'm going to keep my Vita pure. Thanks for the info though. @_@

Vitacat

Oh darn, I did a lot of that kind of stuff with my PSP back in the day, but I'm going to keep my Vita pure. Thanks for the info though. @_@

Yeah, I wanted to be pure too. But I've always been a hack ho. Just can't say no... it's fun. It's not even about games as much as just seeing the system circumvented.

Right now I'm wirelessly transferring files back and forth between my Vita and PC. Pretty damn cool.

zroid

Banned
I'm going to crack open a bottle of icewine this coming Wednesday to celebrate Vita's 1 million units sold in Japan (according to Media Create).

Vitacat

Anyone know if the NA White Assassin's Creed Vita bundle will include a physical cart of the game or a download code?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom