• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Is PSAS the first retail cross-buy game? I can't wait till that comes out. I'm really curious to see how they will grant access to the Vita version.

Is PSAS the first retail cross-buy game? I can't wait till that comes out. I'm really curious to see how they will grant access to the Vita version.
Yep. Sly would have been the first, but that was delayed. ): I remember hearing EA was interested in doing it for NFS, but we have yet to hear anything else on that.

zroid

Banned
Oh yeah I played Sly on Wednesday. It was waaaay better than I was expecting. Somehow I was pretty skeptical of a non-SP developed Sly but it's turning out quite well.

branny

Sadly, the more I see of Code of Princess, the more I feel like passing on it. I'm sure it'll be decent, but I am more partial to the Capcom D&D style of brawler (actually sort of like what Dragon's Crown appears to be) than I am to the Guardian Heroes style. And, outside of CoP's nifty screen shaking effect, Guardian Heroes still looks like the better game overall. I am waiting for impressions on CoP to see if some of its issues got fixed for the overseas release. If I get it, I'll get it later in the week instead of right at launch.

And if I personally had to choose between CoP and Ragnarok Odyssey, it'd be RO, no contest. But that's because I played Ragnarok Online for years and years, love hunting games, and adored the crap out of the JP demo. Ragnarok Odyssey is easily my most anticipated Vita game beyond DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE. I'm honestly more iffy on Soul Sacrifice and Persona 4 Golden. Yeah.

Is it one of the ones that is on the US store via the "Imports" like MM1-4?
Oh, whoops. I meant it's only available on JP PSN. I'd love for it to be in our import section. :(

AFAIK it was the best selling game released on the Vita this year in Japan, but we're probably only talking 150k ish here.

I think it hit over 200,000 and that doesn't factor in PSN downloads. I though I read that games on the PSN in Japan have decent traffic.

There has to be some sort of condition though, or people will just buy the PS3 version and sell the Vita download code.

The only condition I can think of to prevent that is to tie a Online Pass to the code as well, but then that pisses others off. HOWEVER, Superbot has not laid out their DLC strategy and they may tie that into the online pass as well. Meaning those with the online pass will grant users access to online play, vita version, and dlc.

A man can dream.

UberTag

For all of the chatter about spending $100 on PSN in October, I can easily see myself spending $100 on JUST October 30th due to the simultaneous digital release of NFS: Most Wanted, Ragnarok Odyssey (unless it comes out earlier), AC3: Liberation and DJMax Technika Tune.

So there's hope?
I have a feeling there would be plenty more to hope about with VITA if we had further insight into digital sales.
I suspect the software tie ratio for this system from people who've purchased it is exceptionally high.

Takao

Banned
I wonder if we will see some future Shin Megami titles on the Vita? Atlus was a big supporter of the PSP. 3DS has Soul Hackers and SMTIV, Vita has P4G. I wonder if we might get sonething else? Maybe a Raidou game?

Wasn't the majority of the PSP support from Atlus JP just ports and remakes? DS got original titles like Strange Journey, and Devil Survivor. It seems the same is carrying over to 3DS and Vita except this time 3DS can handle the ports/remakes too. Atlus has also run out of Persona games to port to Sony handhelds.

Vita had a small rise in sales in the media create thread, more importantly it also had 3 top ten games and 6 in the charts over all.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Is there any restrictions to this 100$ on PSN get 20 deal? I saw a thing saying ps+ subscriptions count so since It's coming to vita I figure fuck it give it another shot but I don't want to get fucked in regards to the 20$ if I think I spent enough.

So there's hope?

Here's the frustrating thing about the Vita, especially with regards to Japan. It has been a proven platform for games in terms of sales. Persona 4 did really well, Miku did very well, and others have found success as well. So the proof is out there, put games on it and it will sell, and yet we haven't seen a very uptick in support. Mainly because the 3DS is obscenely popular over there, but there again games can get lost in the sea with the 3DS. A Vita title can easily stick out especially if it is taking full advantage if the hardware.

Carl

Is there any restrictions to this 100$ on PSN get 20 deal? I saw a thing saying ps+ subscriptions count so since It's coming to vita I figure fuck it give it another shot but I don't want to get fucked in regards to the 20$ if I think I spent enough.

As long as $100 leaves your PSN wallet, you can spend it on whatever the hell you want.

Twinduct

Holy crap! Just had my first session with advanced remote play with SOTC.
At first I was blown away. It's crazy how there is almost no input lag (visible). I then got mad. Wtf is Sony thinking? Why is there only three titles with this functionality out? Why isn't more games given this feature?

I mean how much work must it take to patch this into a game. Hell isn't it possible to have this high quality remote play for almost any game via CFW PS3s?

Carl

Wait so renewing plus is a part of this? It doesn't count if I buy one of those plus cards in retail stores though does it?

If you buy a card from a shop, it doesn't count. $100 has to leave yout PSN wallet. You can, however, grab some PSN credit and get a PS+ sub that way, and it will count

Afrikan

At first I was blown away. It's crazy how there is almost no input lag (visible). I then got mad. Wtf is Sony thinking? Why is there only three titles with this functionality out? Why isn't more games given this feature?

I mean how much work must it take to patch this into a game. Hell isn't it possible to have this high quality remote play for almost any game via CFW PS3s?

Advanced? remote play? what?

The first time I tried it, it was terrible. Lag everywhere. I tried it again with the same game, SOTC, and it ran extremely well, even at high settings. Can't wait for Tokyo Jungle support.

Twinduct

The first time I tried it, it was terrible. Lag everywhere. I tried it again with the same game, SOTC, and it ran extremely well, even at high settings. Can't wait for Tokyo Jungle support.

I'm actually surprised with the performance. Have two brick walls between my vita and my PS3 and if I move around, it lags like crazy. But when staying put or moving towards the PS3 room it runs fine.

I need to hunt down my GOW collection ...

Also looking forward to TJ. Hell one of the main reasons I've not been able to play it is due to nto having RP lol.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Thanks for the info guys as long as AC:L doesn't seem like a shit show in reviews/footage at release I'll be able to break 100$ with that/tokyo jungle/ps+ and a few psn vita games I've been holding off on getting like blob/puddle.

Skyzard

Banned
I hope the EU release isn't too far off, not like he hasn't had the time to get it translated...reckon Sony would have helped him with that?

So Sony is showing up to NYCC and here's a bit on their Vita lineup - thought it was interesting for one game on the list.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-of-war-ascension-playstation-all-stars-more/

If you’re looking for titles for your PS Vita, step up to the Vita Bar to play: Nico Nico, Samurai & Dragons, PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale, Ragnarok Odessey, Soul Sacrifice, Rocketbirds, Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Persona 4 Golden, Lego Lord of The Rings, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, When Vikings Attack!, and Guacamelee.

So was this game announced for a localization and I just missed it or is this another tease like Miku was?

Same. God I wish I could go, I'm crazy busy with work and stuff. Gaffers, I need you to record as much as you can! :( I want NFS: Most Wanted so bad. So many games, my wallet can't handle it either. Also if Samurai & Dragons hits the West I'd flip. Hoping that Nobunaga game comes stateside as well.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!! One week. Finally.

I heard Sly Cooper on Vita wasn't running as good as the PS3 version last time, would love to hear some more reports this time as that should be a real fun 3d platformer to pick up.

Oh yeah I played Sly on Wednesday. It was waaaay better than I was expecting. Somehow I was pretty skeptical of a non-SP developed Sly but it's turning out quite well.

Oh I didn't see this! Glad to hear it, also Code Princess does look awesome, remember seeing that a while back.

Shinriji

If you’re looking for titles for your PS Vita, step up to the Vita Bar to play: Nico Nico, Samurai & Dragons, PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale, Ragnarok Odessey, Soul Sacrifice, Rocketbirds, Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Persona 4 Golden, Lego Lord of The Rings, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, When Vikings Attack!, and Guacamelee.

So was this game announced for a localization and I just missed it or is this another tease like Miku was?

Sega that gave Vita the best support by far. Hatsune Miku, Virtua Tennis 4, Sonic All-Stars Racing, Jet Set Radio, Samurai & Dragons.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Ah I understand now, I thought he meant temperature wise, yep I just checked with a white background and I see it too when I tilt it 45 degrees. Pretty minor though..
Good to know, thanks

Man vita's oled screen is really curious, anywhere i can see an in depth technical article? It really differs from all other screens so far

I believe it's an emulator via the homebrew hack. So, no money involved. Just some research and good luck (i.e. if you don't have Urbanix (PSP Mini) you're SOL for now). See wololo.net

Was a couple pages back, but just to clear it up, DoDonPachi is a JP PSN PSOne game :)

zroid

Banned
The vita version will be a packed in code that you redeem in the PSN store for a download of PSAS on the vita.

Is that confirmed though?

I know it will be a download for sure, but I'm wondering if there will be more to it than that. Like you suggested, tying it to the online pass would be a smart idea, although not necessarily completely effective.

For example you could easily flip your PS3 copy of the game immediately for 40-50 bucks and keep the Vita download with its online pass intact.

I don't know if they have anything planned to circumvent this (and frankly I haven't a clue how they would) but I'm interested to say the least.

now if only I were more interested in the game itself ;P

test_account

XP-39C²

I know it will be a download for sure, but I'm wondering if there will be more to it than that. Like you suggested, tying it to the online pass would be a smart idea, although not necessarily completely effective.

For example you could easily flip your PS3 copy of the game immediately for 40-50 bucks and keep the Vita download with its online pass intact.

I don't know if they have anything planned to circumvent this (and frankly I haven't a clue how they would) but I'm interested to say the least.

now if only I were more interested in the game itself ;P
It isnt confirmed, but i cant see any other way it would work. It was the same with Portal 2 for example. There you could buy the PS3 version, get the PC version and sell the PS3 version.

Shinriji

My theory is that you have to redeem the code inside the PS3 version. And the vita version will be a service, just like PS Plus and Singstar DLC, and not be on your download list.

zroid

Banned
It isnt confirmed, but i cant see any other way it would work. It was the same with Portal 2 for example. There you could buy the PS3 version, get the PC version and sell the PS3 version.

Indeed, although Steam is an entirely different beast from PSN.

My theory is that you have to redeem the code inside the PS3 version. And the vita version will be a service, just like PS Plus and Singstar DLC, and not be on your download list.

That's interesting. Might work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom