• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasec

So did jet set radio already came out on the european psn?

Also, any news is retro city rampage is also coming out to europe this week?
And guess my country still didn't get playstation mobile. At least i can't see it on the store.

sajj316

More cod details courtesy of IGN - http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/1...-ops-declassified-killstreak-details-and-more -

Ill be honest. It sounds more like crap with everything they announce.

Edit : also a preview with gameplay footage of vita SFXT
http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/06/street-fighter-x-tekken-kick-ass-on-vita

Too funny. IGN makes a whole article from guys like me tweeting the crap out of Nihilistic to get more details.

Anyway, appreciate their responses but it does leave a bad taste in my mouth

Mzo

Just got an email from Amazon saying the Ragnarok Odyssey Merc Edition is getting pushed to Nov. 1. WHAT HAPPENED TO ROCK SOLID OCTOBER, XSEED?

Spending too much money this month anyway =3

Just got an email from Amazon saying the Ragnarok Odyssey Merc Edition is getting pushed to Nov. 1. WHAT HAPPENED TO ROCK SOLID OCTOBER, XSEED?

Spending too much money this month anyway =3

It's actually October 30th, maybe it was just November 1st in your e-mail due to shipping or something?

B.O.O.M

Stupid needing to sign in to view the photos properly... How does it look?

Here ya go

Rvi1i.jpg

65Krg.jpg

NLTwj.jpg

Cj9C1.jpg

tusken77

Oooooh, I'm really liking the look of those screens. The guy who played it was impressed by the way it looks, says it looks sharp and the framerate is very smooth. Hyped!

ZeroAKA

You didn't platinum Gravity Rush? Not hard and very enjoyable game to platinum.
Maybe when I get the time, but I honestly don't care about trophies that much. I didn't even go out of my way to earn R:BS trophies. It just came as a result of playing through the game normally. >.<

B.O.O.M

Looks great,how about the framerate?is there texture popin?

The guy who took the images said the framerate and the visuals are great. I trust Criterion.

This game is gonna be an absolute time sinker for me...lost count of hours I spent playing Burnout Legends on the psp

oh and about the COD: You are absolutely right tamaster. They are creating the worst COD ever....and that takes some skill

Sid

The guy who took the images said the framerate and the visuals are great. I trust Criterion.

This game is gonna be an absolute time sinker for me...lost count of hours I spent playing Burnout Legends on the psp

oh and about the COD: You are absolutely right tamaster. They are creating the worst COD ever....and that takes some skill
Damnit,i'm not into open world racers but i think i may get this as i'll have some spare cash left by not buying cod:dc.

Skyzard

Banned
(thanks for posting but) Sorry but I can't tell shit from those photos..other than it not being spy hunter bad

Needs a focussed video...we have that other still already...

this is a bit reassuring though, can't wait for confirmations:

I regret not getting a video now but it did look sharp and the frame rate was very smooth, it seems to be living up to people's expectations which is nice to see. It seems like a quality title from my impressions and while I can't compare it to the console version it does not seem like a 'dumbed' down port.

Skyzard

Banned
Not Vita specifically but a new gameplay vid for NFSMW popped up yesterday... not sure if it was posted around here? http://youtu.be/S7ukZTax9HU
Looks awesome!

It might be my morning grumpy mood which I'm now used to, but that doesn't really impress me to be honest. Sure it looks fun but ... seriously arcade (more so then burnout or NFS from what I remember) unless it was just that car...which I doubt (never seen a Merc drive like a 350Z). The graphics look good if a bit simple and a little washed out...only thing sticking out is the reflection resolution.....and to top it off they have a whole bunch of annoying graphical effects that popup like the white flash in the middle..although that might have been extra annoying from the video editing also using a similar white flash. Looks like a fun game and obviously still picking it up if it is decent on vita but meh give it a bit more depth with the controls...or at least an option for advanced controls hopefully. The track made me miss the burnout map - man that environment was awesome...still looking forward to anything else NFS related.

Christian

That October PSN promotion, is Somy tracking it for you? I bought New Little King's Story for $39 and I'd be pretty irritated if I didn't get credit for it because I didn't do something small before I bought it.

I'll believe it when I see it. Between all the Treyarch titles and MW3, including the travesties Activision put out on Wii and DS, it's going to have to try *really* hard. If it ends up being a reskinned Burning Skies with the major problems fixed, it'll still be better than some of the other stuff I listed. :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Persona 3 Complete! Restored content from Fes, animated scenes for the female protagonist, and all the improvements P4/G and P3P introduced! And maybe they'll make the Answer more digestible.

Seriously though, that doesn't sound completely unreasonable should P4G be a big enough success. Unlikely, but not completely out there.

Could that even be possible? I could barely get past the first part because of boredom.

Here ya go

Looks nice for a Handheld.

Though..... I'm probably going to get it on 360. If I ever get it, getting Forza before it.

Is it bad that I want COD Vita to bomb hard? Of the two big Vita holiday releases (COD and ACL) I want ACL to be the bigger hit so as to illustrate to Sony that if you put out a quality product people will buy it instead of a cash in.

Watch as COD gets the bigger marketing budget.

Marz

Is it bad that I want COD Vita to bomb hard? Of the two big Vita holiday releases (COD and ACL) I want ACL to be the bigger hit so as to illustrate to Sony that if you put out a quality product people will buy it instead of a cash in.

Nobody is going to buy that crap bro. People don't buy Vita games anyways what makes you think they're going to buy an even crappier CoD?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nobody is going to buy that crap bro. People don't buy Vita games anyways what makes you think they're going to buy an even crappier CoD?

You remember the initial Vita ads with all kinds of stretching of the truth of what the device could do (at launch)?

Yeah it's pretty easy to sell people on the "full COD experience while you are on the go" even when it's not even close to being the same thing.

zroid

Banned
I just have this sense of dread that some people are going to get suckered into it because of the brand and after experiencing it blame the Vita for the game's inadequacies.

Carl

COD will be the best selling Vita game of the year, i assure you.

UberTag

I just have this sense of dread that some people are going to get suckered into it because of the brand and after experiencing it blame the Vita for the game's inadequacies.
It's our job as informed gamers to villify Nihilistic and their shoddy games to as many peers and forums as possible.
Clearly game journalists won't do it (at least not during preview time)

Who must be sacrificed to ensure this doesn't happen? It's not like COD on the DS was ever the best selling title on that system in any year. Or the Wii, for that matter.
Perhaps Vita gamers are actually... not dumb.

If it moves units and delivers on a "hey look, it's portable CoD with dual analogs", there should be a large spike in Vita sales.

Anyone who wants it to outright bomb has a death wish for our favorite portable.

It's our job as informed gamers to villify Nihilistic and their shoddy games to as many peers and forums as possible.
Clearly game journalists won't do it (at least not during preview time)

Who must be sacrificed to ensure this doesn't happen? It's not like COD on the DS was ever the best selling title on that system in any year. Or the Wii, for that matter.
Perhaps Vita gamers are actually... not dumb.

Whoa, did someone from Nihilistic take a dump in your morning cereal or something?
Nihilistic isn't known for AAA at this point and the reviews for Burning Skies were mostly mixed/average netting it a metacritic of 60 with a user score of 6.7.
I just played the game and while I thought it was going to be terrible based on the demo, it was solid but ultimately average.
I haven't seen any previews of CoD:BOD that are just brimming with hype. Most seem to border on disappointment or cautious optimism. My guess are the reviews will hover between a 6.5 and 8.

Carl

I just think the COD brand name will sell wayyy more units than any other game, no matter how shit the game is.

Don't know as if it will be a big Vita spike, though.

If it moves units and delivers on a "hey look, it's portable CoD with dual analogs", there should be a large spike in Vita sales.

Anyone who wants it to outright bomb has a death wish for our favorite portable.

Like I said, I'd rather see Assasins Creed Liberation be a huge hit and move actual hardware. This COD is more a detriment to the Vita brand. The alternative is they delay it until March 2013 and let the game get lots of polish, and added content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom