• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Ultimate Ghouls n Ghosts recently for $10. Pretty hard, but perfect kind of game for October. Really feeling the Halloween vibe now, so it scratches that itch perfectly.

fo sho

I've been trying to beat all of the GnG titles (via Capcom Classics Collection) for years ....off and on of course. I've come to accept OG arcade Ghosts n' Goblins is just impossible ...or least completely removed from any sort of fun or fulfillment.
I'm gettin' closer with Ghouls though...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
huh?...Massa's NFS thread is 60+ posts and it's not all about Vita sales/chart numbers or doom talk about Sony crop or why that is no a Wii U game...

Can it survive for more? is this a beginning of a new era where normal gaffers can post other Vita threads and don't get ruin completely in the first page?

huh?...Massa's NFS thread is 60+ posts and it's not all about Vita sales/chart numbers or doom talk about Sony crop or why that is no a Wii U game...

Can it survive for more? is this a beginning of a new era where normal gaffers can post other Vita threads and don't get ruin completely in the first page?

Instead it's jokes about mobile phone games being better.

Marz

+1 for Ghosts n Goblins being amazing on dat OLED.

I dunno about you guys but my Vita is mostly my retro/arcade machine right now. I've got nearly all the collections on here from SNK, Capcom, and Sega and of course a ton of 2D fighters.

Then PS1 games and of course Retro City Rampage next week i'm loving this machine.

I dunno about you guys but my Vita is mostly my retro/arcade machine right now. I've got nearly all the collections on here from SNK, Capcom, and Sega and of course a ton of 2D fighters.

Then PS1 games and of course Retro City Rampage next week i'm loving this machine.

Dem blacks in GnG

YUP

I'll be playing my Vita for years at this point

spannicus

Aleast no one can say vita has no gamez. My wallet has been crying because its too many coming out. The Vita is finally getting its stride. Now lets hope sony keeps it trucking.

Aleast no one can say vita has no gamez. My wallet has been crying because its too many coming out. The Vita is finally getting its stride. Now lets hope sony keeps it trucking.

That last point is where it's kinda iffy at the moment...

I don't know many games out after early 2013...

Carl

Looking at "that other thread" there's no wonder Sony bundled game saves for Vita games in with the game file is there?

Anyway...

LuchaShaq

Banned
I felt that way since I played the part of the golden abyss where you had to use light

Golden Abyss as a whole was a giant pile of "oh god why did I buy a vita" moments.

Luckily I'm very happy with it otherwise...until EU ps+ is way better than us+ and I rage.

spannicus

That last point is where it's kinda iffy at the moment...

I don't know many games out after early 2013...

Lets hope that a bunch of those Japanese titles get localized if so we could be all gravy. I think Bend has something up their sleeves. I personally think we need more shooters.

GJS

You guys get me in the mood to buy GnG and then I find out that it is unavailable on the EU PSN, due to some incompatibility between EU PSP firmware and GnG save games.

chizmiz

Banned
Currently, when it comes to the Vita, I'm really excited for the following games:
NFS Most Wanted
AC Liberation
Oddworld HD
Tearaway
Sine Mora

All definite buys already.

As for the 3DS, well:
Fire Emblem 13
Ace Attorney 5

... and that's about it. AA versus Layton is a maybe, but then again, I would have to include the likes of Persona 4 in my Vita list, or MLB the show...

Add to that my opinion that Vita leads the handheld competition when it comes to great games already out (3 to 2: GR, Uncharted, LBP versus 3Dland and Mario Kart). I really don't get the Vita's reputation.

Marz

So Spy Hunter has been getting a bit of advertising on major gaming websites lol.

Think i'll pick it up when it drops to like 10 bucks or something lol. I actually did enjoy the original when I was little.

Marz

Add to that my opinion that Vita leads the handheld competition when it comes to great games already out (3 to 2: GR, Uncharted, LBP versus 3Dland and Mario Kart). I really don't get the Vita's reputation.

No Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil Revelations, or Kingdom Hearts 3D?

Looking at "that other thread" there's no wonder Sony bundled game saves for Vita games in with the game file is there?

Anyway...

I thought that it was clear from the japanese launch, now I understand why some people keep whining for the gamesaves, they didn't know how vulnerable they can make the machine.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So Spy Hunter has been getting a bit of advertising on major gaming websites lol.

and yet they are still doing it wrong, why you put an ad for a handheld only games on GiantBomb? a site that don't care about Vita or 3DS.

Think i'll pick it up when it drops to like 10 bucks or something lol. I actually did enjoy the original when I was little.

it's nothing like the original,it's like the n-gage/last gen era one..but shittier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9GSGi12U-E&

look at this..shitty performance,crappy graphics and PSX era explosions,ompletely broken physics and hilarious crashes.

even $5 is too much for it.

Kyon

Banned
He said great games, though.

iupCowi4vwpT7.gif

maverick40

Needed my Monster Hunter fix so i bought freedom 2. It looks beautiful on that oled screen. The graphics are awesome for a 2007 psp game also.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
How the hell is it too late? :S

Was talking about RCR not just the demo,it's completely bad timing for me,with Dishonored and XCOM will be eating my soul tomorrow and after that the other big releases (P4G,NFS,AC3, AC3:l,Hitman,Metroid 4,...ect).RCR should've got out in August or July or even September,now it's just too late for it.

Skyzard

Banned
It was more than likely they were being jerked around by people that they couldn't control

I know....but he was really annoying with the info. Kept it hidden when he knew the actual release date and still does (fuck eu) just so that his site gets more hits and news from people who have to keep checking. Terrible when he led people on AGES ago. I'll buy the game to play it as obviously it's going to be a lot of fun but he didn't make a fan out of me - and I've been reading what he's been typing nearly every other day on twitter..

Just caught the NFSMW vita 23second video so of course I'm pretty damn happy anyway!

Carl

Was just talking about RCR not just the demo,it's completely bad timing for me,with Dishonored and XCOM will be eating my soul tomorrow and after that the other big releases (P4G,NFS,AC3, AC3:l,Hitman,Metroid 4,...ect).RCR should've got out in August or July or even September,now it's just too late for it.

Oh right, thought you meant the demo.

Yeah i agree, would rather RCR came out during the Summer when i had nothing to play. I'll still be buying it though

Nfsmw give it to me please. Does that have online on the Vita too? That and Ragnarock/P4 Golden are going to keep me pretty busy.

I think I'll trade in Gravity Rush...just never got that into it. The combat turns it into dive kick the game, but man it sure does look good and the music is nice.

In other news, i'm trying hard to resist buying New Little King's Story since Retro City rampage is coming so soon. Way too many Vita games to play now!

spannicus

I don't know, but I would assume that a straight Black Ops 1 port would probably be better than whatever Declassified is...

A re-skinned Burning Skies port.
Ive been following their twitter page and the game is missing quite a few things. No ghili suits for snipers. No attack dogs no rc xd. Same maps just renamed. Im getting the game but its supposed to tie the two stories together and they didnt incorporate anything that would suggest that things changed from blops 1. man this could have been huge. Activision really sucks for this and their lack of Support for the Vita version.

Huff

Banned
Anyone having problems playing their PSM games? Downloaded and installed the Frederic Chopin game and got a C0 14533 6 error.

These are all the 2013 games for North America I can think of.

There's also:
Let's Fish! Hooked On
Rainbow Moon
Dragon's Crown
Guacamelee
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Phantasy Star Online 2
... Pocket Garden, and Warrior's Lair? Who knows what's going on with those two, Warrior's Lair looked awesome so it'll be a shame if it was canned, although around E3 Sony put Sony San Diego on the project to finish it. There were a lot of tech demos or apps that were shown that kind of disappeared, like that Pocket Garden one. There's also something listed on the Vita game list called Broken, developed by SCEI? Wth is that?

There are loads of other games that don't have solid release dates though, like Malicious Rebirth, God Eater 2, the Muramasa enhanced port, the FF X HD port, etc etc. Orgarhythm was pushed to next year though? That's a bummer, it looks really fun. I'm also looking forward to whenever that Orc Attack game comes, I'm a sucker for really silly games like that, especially if they have co-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom