• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Is it just me or is the PSN really slow tonight? I've been trying to connect to the store for about ten minutes and it still hasn't connected yet.

darkwing

Anyone having problems playing their PSM games? Downloaded and installed the Frederic Chopin game and got a C0 14533 6 error.

was able to download this specific game last week, was working ok, I think the PSN verification stuff is down ? (with the store being down too?)

Kazerei

Banned
There's also:
Let's Fish! Hooked On
Rainbow Moon
Dragon's Crown
Guacamelee
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Phantasy Star Online 2
... Pocket Garden, and Warrior's Lair? Who knows what's going on with those two, Warrior's Lair looked awesome so it'll be a shame if it was canned, although around E3 Sony put Sony San Diego on the project to finish it. There were a lot of tech demos or apps that were shown that kind of disappeared, like that Pocket Garden one. There's also something listed on the Vita game list called Broken, developed by SCEI? Wth is that?

There are loads of other games that don't have solid release dates though, like Malicious Rebirth, God Eater 2, the Muramasa enhanced port, the FF X HD port, etc etc. Orgarhythm was pushed to next year though? That's a bummer, it looks really fun. I'm also looking forward to whenever that Orc Attack game comes, I'm a sucker for really silly games like that, especially if they have co-op.

Oh wait, I think Orgarhythm is still scheduled for 2012. I think I was confusing it with something else, my bad.

The first four I think we can add to the list, but I'm not 100% sure the rest will actually make it to North America :\

spannicus

How hard would it be to make some sort of rumble mod for the vita. The dreamcast had a small piece i was thinking about modding it lol

Is it just me or is the PSN really slow tonight? I've been trying to connect to the store for about ten minutes and it still hasn't connected yet.

everyone is mad rushing to download the exploit game before it got removed, must be a shit load of people because each download is only 16mb size.

Takao

Banned
How hard would it be to make some sort of rumble mod for the vita. The dreamcast had a small piece i was thinking about modding it lol

Why would you want Vita rumble?

Wait so is the psn down right now?

Not for me.

I'm in Canada.

it sounds interesting, supposedly it's like a point and click adventure playing as detective/polica isn't it

I don't think we know anything about that game other than that footage. I don't believe we even got a developer for it.

apparently, in the 'other' vita thread, people are posting a bunch of games saying it's the game with hack exploit in an effort to hide the real game with exploit. some people already bought lbp psp and tekken 6 psp, some shitty minis, etc. Namco might be feeling pretty good right now to see a spike for Tekken 6 download lol.

edit: oh wow, Takao is the one who said Tekken 6 and some people bought it. lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why would you want Vita rumble?

RezVibrator.jpg

Callibretto said:
apparently, in the 'other' vita thread, people are posting a bunch of games saying it's the game with hack exploit in an effort to hide the real game with exploit. some people already bought lbp psp and tekken 6 psp, some shitty minis, etc. Namco might be feeling pretty good right now to see a spike for Tekken 6 download lol.

I don't think people want GAF to be the one that takes this exploit into the wild before it's "known" officially through TN. I think it's good that GAF is at least being somewhat responsible in this case even if you guys in this thread don't support it.

That said, people not connecting the dots and buying Takao's troll (if true) is stupid.

Skyzard

Banned
I want my shooters to give me some vibration lol

I'd prefer the recoil on the vita though..

I'm just getting used to keeping my thumbs fixed on the anologues...vibration would have me slipping off all the time. Could really do with some rubber grips for me.

Man I cannot wait for NFS. I didn't think it was possible but I'm more excited for it then JSR..that and RCR will help kill the wait though.

RezVibrator.jpg

I don't think people want GAF to be the one that takes this exploit into the wild before it's "known" officially through TN. I think it's good that GAF is at least being somewhat responsible in this case even if you guys in this thread don't support it.

That said, people not connecting the dots and buying Takao's troll (if true) is stupid.

I already have Tekken6 on UMD, it'd be nice to have it digitally as well so I could play it on Vita, but with Tekken Rag 2 already exist, no point in going back to T6, I hope we got TTT2 on Vita soon. with cross save compatibility with PS3 version.

spannicus

I'd prefer the recoil on the vita though..

I'm just getting used to keeping my thumbs fixed on the anologues...vibration would have me slipping off all the time. Could really do with some rubber grips for me.

Man I cannot wait for NFS. I didn't think it was possible but I'm more excited for it then JSR..that and RCR will help kill the wait though.
Some trigger grips with built in rumble.Mmmmmm

Skyzard

Banned
Some trigger grips with built in rumble.Mmmmmm

Yes but as long as it could fit with a nyko battery pack (that it would probably need!) and it had something like this...

orb_analogue_thumb_grips_ps3.jpg

to keep my thumbs slipping too..perfect...not as slick looking though hah.

Quick, Trails in the Sky, Zettai Hero Project, and all the Ys games have exploits! Buy them if you want to hack your Vita!

...or just buy them because I want you too.

Twinduct

Quick, Trails in the Sky, Zettai Hero Project, and all the Ys games have exploits! Buy them if you want to hack your Vita!

...or just buy them because I want you too.

Hmm .... using recent events and falsifying it to boost sales of JRPGs ...

On topic, isn't the ZHP sequel coming to Vita already?

Seen in the first NGP reveal trailer.

Interesting.. but it's probably canned :\ I hope that garden one isn't.

Oh wait, I think Orgarhythm is still scheduled for 2012. I think I was confusing it with something else, my bad.

The first four I think we can add to the list, but I'm not 100% sure the rest will actually make it to North America :\

Oh awesome! Also, yeah I dunno about PSO2, I REALLY hope they bring it stateside but who knows. Sigma 2 Plus shouldn't be a problem though right?

That other Vita thread needs to die :\ I understand a lot of people want homebrew but I just don't want to see what happened to the PSP happen to the Vita :(

Since Sanurai and Dragons is gonna be at Comic-Con next week, does that mean there's a good chance Phantasy Star Online 2 Vita may come over, too, or are they pulling another Miku E3 on us?

Interesting.. but it's probably canned :\ I hope that garden one isn't.

Oh awesome! Also, yeah I dunno about PSO2, I REALLY hope they bring it stateside but who knows. Sigma 2 Plus shouldn't be a problem though right?

That other Vita thread needs to die :\ I understand a lot of people want homebrew but I just don't want to see what happened to the PSP happen to the Vita :(

the other vita thread is the equivalent of r4 card on 3ds playing ds games. it's limited to psp and ds emulation. until we see exploit that get full access to Vita, I think the hack doom and gloom talk is overblown I think.

Is there anywhere I can buy a PSN digital code ($10, $20, $50) that isn't GS? Best Buy seems out of stock and Amazon hasn't had them in forever. I don't think I have enough on my account for RCR if I decide I want it. :|

zroid

Banned
Looks like any hope I had of finishing LBP Vita in a reasonable time frame is long gone.

I'm in full-on Pokemon obsession mode right now.

So that WRC rally game is suppoaed to be releasing om oct 12 for UK but I havent actually heard anything about it for ages.

also Everybody's Golf is god teir, so addictive

Hmm.... I think I may cancel my Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward preorder on Amazon. I'd rather spend my monies on AC:L. Shame though, the preorder is good for the watch bonus.

Edit: Fuck yeah! Just 40,000 credits on the Montezuma Blitz daily scratch card!

zroid

Banned
Hmm.... I think I may cancel my Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward preorder on Amazon. I'd rather spend my monies on AC:L. Shame though, the preorder is good for the watch bonus.

If you had to choose between those, I think VLR is the obvious choice. It's anyone's guess what'll happen to the price of that game in the next few months. But ACL being a Ubisoft game is going to plummet before the holidays.

That's my input anyway :p

mjc

I'm really thinking about downloading Little King's Story but I won't get around to it for awhile. Hmmm. How is it overall?

MisterC20XX

I've been trying to redeem a $20 code for the last 15 minutes and I keep getting "Could not connect to the PlayStation Network within the time limit. (NP-2245-3)" :(

Edit: Everything else (Near, Friends, leader boards, online play etc.) appears to be working fine.

Ponn

Banned
If you had to choose between those, I think VLR is the obvious choice. It's anyone's guess what'll happen to the price of that game in the next few months. But ACL being a Ubisoft game is going to plummet before the holidays.

That's my input anyway :p

You mean to tell me it wouldn't be in my best interest to buy that incredibly expensive PSN AC3/ACL/Season Pass gold pack at msrp? Why I never...

I'm in the same boat, i have the watch preorder too but i'm not a big fan of point and click adventure games. They just move slowly for me with little rpg elements to keep me interested. I played the demo and i'm going to give it one more chance but i'm just not digging it. I'm trying to balance my preorders for the next two months and some stuff have to go and i'm afraid VLR is going to be one of them. The only reason AC:L is still on my list is I have preordered on newegg for $30 or else I would wait for the UBI price drop. And I really want to support some Vita games this holiday and do my part.

not trying to start any system wars but this is my holiday list so far

FOR SURE
Persona 4
Paper Mario
Code of Princess
NFS MW (if the vita version supports custom soundtracks)

Preordered but may be cancelled
Sony All Star Battle
Lord of the Rings Lego Vita (the balls in your court TT)
VLR
ZOE HD Collection
AC:L

Realistically i can only play so many games at any given time so it doesn't make sense to pay full launch price on a bunch of games I can't play right away that might get a price drop in a matter of months.

I've been trying to redeem a $20 code for the last 15 minutes and I keep getting "Could not connect to the PlayStation Network within the time limit. (NP-2245-3)" :(

PSN is going weird right now. This copy of LBP PSP is taking forever to download.

Oh top of the page: Buy Retro City rampage even though I know nothing about it except Biffman and TMNT spoof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom