• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalBalboa

Banned
That Need For Speed YouTube clip confirms my suspicions: it'll be fantastic.

Is there an official thread yet for NFS? The Vita version needs some more GAF love.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So EA and Sony, if you want me to impulsively buy something...

A Most Wanted bundle would probably do it.
Does it sync up between Vita and PC or just Vita and PS3? It's supposed to record your stuff across all right? Or something like that

KalBalboa

Banned
So EA and Sony, if you want me to impulsively buy something...

A Most Wanted bundle would probably do it.
Does it sync up between Vita and PC or just Vita and PS3? It's supposed to record your stuff across all right? Or something like that

$80 for both and I'm there.

KalBalboa

Banned
You know, this thread seems to move pretty fast for a system with no games that nobody has or wants.

It's almost like there are plenty of interesting games or something.

6908645523_af5f7d5305.jpg

seb8244.jpg

LittleBigPlanetVita-550x275.jpg

It's all fun and games until someone actually mistakes the ironic glee everyone has for spyhunter as an approval from the vitabros.

You know some smuck is gonna create a thread in a few months ' Games Neogaf hype lied tro you about ' with the opening message being ' The guys in the Vits thread was completely sold on Spyhunter. I was promised riches, instead I got fecal matter ... oh and godhand'

One Vitamuffin's unfulfilled hype is another Vitabro's GOTY.

It's almost like there are plenty of interesting games or something.

6908645523_af5f7d5305.jpg

seb8244.jpg

LittleBigPlanetVita-550x275.jpg

Yep, I'll own them all. I may even buy the PS3 version of NFS:MW on PSN. And I'll get LBP when Sony sends my $20 back for October PSN purchases.

anddo0

NFS looks really good.
Dare I say, way too many games in OCT?

I count at least 6 that are instant buys on Vita alone.

Roubjon

So apparently the Bit.Trip.Runner sequel, Runner 2, might be coming to Vita, according to Siliconera.

“We’re not sure if there will be, but if there will be, we’ll probably be doing it,” Neuse answered. Mike Roush added with a laugh: “We are telling everyone that there is going to be.”

Original Source

I loved the first one, and this one looks freaking awesome. I really hope this comes to fruition.

Yeah, aside from what appears to be an extra load time in the car swap, that looks very good indeed. Tempted to pre-order Most Wanted, and now I have no idea what version it's going to be.

Tratorn

Yeah, aside from what appears to be an extra load time in the car swap, that looks very good indeed. Tempted to pre-order Most Wanted, and now I have no idea what version it's going to be.

The console versions also have loadtimes when switching the cars.

Twinduct

Been thinking that Hotline Miami would be rad on the Vita.
Granted most games will be, but the quick shortish action sequences would be really nice on the go.

Just thought I'd chime in and say:

hz0zC.jpg

Ghouls n' Ghosts on DAT OLED + fullscreen (arcade version has weird native wide ratio) + DPAD

=

GOD-TIER

that is all

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
If EA does it right and has some sort of cross play functionality with MW on PS3/Vita, I might consider getting it that way.

If not, 360 it is. :3

360 controller is so much better for racing games than the ds3 though

Moofers

Just thought I'd chime in and say:

hz0zC.jpg

Ghouls n' Ghosts on DAT OLED + fullscreen (arcade version has weird native wide ratio) + DPAD

=

GOD-TIER

that is all

I bought Ultimate Ghouls n Ghosts recently for $10. Pretty hard, but perfect kind of game for October. Really feeling the Halloween vibe now, so it scratches that itch perfectly.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Tokyo Jungle is supposed to receive a remote play patch "soon".

Remote play is pointless,Tokyo Jungle should have been a Vita game also and in Cross Play/Cross Buy program..but then again SCEWWS (and their useless boss) is all over the place and don't even know what the hell is their strategy on PS3 or Vita.

Toki767

Wouldn't be surprised if they ported Tokyo Jungle to the Vita at some point since it seems to be selling quite well everywhere.

Carl

Remote play is pointless,Tokyo Jungle should have been a Vita game also and in Cross Play/Cross Buy program..but then again SCEWWS (and their useless boss) is all over the place and don't even know what the hell is their strategy on PS3 or Vita.

It's hardly a game with massive appeal. Can't imagine it'd be worth developing a Vita version.

I know it was posted at some point but that music player from a producer at Arksys who used to work at Q Entertainment looks AWESOME!:

http://youtu.be/r7YlzcVNP-U

It can measure a songs BPM in real time and it comes with visualizers. It can save synchro data which can then be used to create a virtual dancer, which will be DLC, alongside more visualizers. The player itself will be free. Still, it looks gorgeous.

sajj316

Wouldn't be surprised if they ported Tokyo Jungle to the Vita at some point since it seems to be selling quite well everywhere.

I tweeted yosp about potentially having a "Pub Fund for Two". Increase the allocated pub fund amount for developement of both PS3 and Vita version. It makes sense, no?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's hardly a game with massive appeal. Can't imagine it'd be worth developing a Vita version.

Vita is not where you get the big hitters anyway,Vita is a very niche system,with niche crowd and have/will have niche games (Gravity Rush,New Little King's Story,P4G,Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath,Tearaway..ect) and other of the "non massive appealing" games,so Tokyo Jungle fit Vita even more than PS3.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Makes sense but I don't think he handles the Pub Fund stuff

Yeah if I'm not mistaken Yoshida job is just about SCE first party output and have nothing to do with other stuff.

Tokyo Jungle is one of the best selling new console IPs this generation in Japan.

SCE strategy here is baffling,sometimes they want Cross Play/Cross Buy between PS3/Vita and focus on it and tell us it's their main thing now but then don't do obvious moves like Tokyo Jungle or Puppeteer Vita. I just don't get it.

Carl

Tokyo Jungle is one of the best selling new console IPs this generation in Japan.

But don't like 90% of PSVita owners own a PS3? So porting it to Vita would hardly open it up to much of a different audience. Doubt they would recoup the development costs.

Takao

Banned
I'd be okay with Tokyo Jungle: Pomeranians Strike Back for Vita or something. A late port at this point doesn't make sense.

Puppeteer should be on Vita though. I dunno what's up with that.

Carl

Puppeteer should be on Vita though. I dunno what's up with that.

Again, probably costs more to port than they think they'll make back.

It's not like it's free to port it. It costs money, and lots of man hours. If they don't think they'll sell enough copies to make the money back, they won't do it.

Takao

Banned

It's not like it's free to port it. It costs money, and lots of man hours. If they don't think they'll sell enough copies to make the money back, they won't do it.

If SCE based every decision on the ability of the product to make money I don't think they would have green light Puppeteer in the first place.

Ig they can do it for sly 4 and Playstation All Stars they should do it for Pupperteer.

Man the thought of puppeteer on the vita....soooooo good. Maybe they will announce it later like they did with the aforementioned games.

Carl

If SCE based every decision on the ability of the product to make money I don't think they would have green light Puppeteer in the first place.

Something with limited appeal in the first place isn't the kind of thing they'd do cross platform for, IMO

If they can do it for sly 4 and Playstation All Stars they should do it for Pupperteer.

Probably feel those two games have wider appeal than Tokyo Jungle and Puppeteer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom